G425 delivery times

moadhia

Motoboss, just curious why you chose that grip? I like them and have them on my longer clubs, too. 

I was talking to Ping a moment ago about a club repair. They said the Arccos/Golf Pride Lite 360 Tour Velvet in standard (white color code) are out of stock until 2023, which is the 'default' grip for those irons. I was curious if they were conveying that to customers or not. I ordered mine in gold color code and those still seem to be in stock. 

Titleist TSi2 9.0° | Bridgestone Tour B JGR 7w

PING G425 Crossover 2i

PING G425 4i-9i

PING Glide 3.0 46, 50, 54 Eye 2, 58.6 | Mizuno OMOI 02

6 hours ago, dodint said:

Motoboss, just curious why you chose that grip? I like them and have them on my longer clubs, too. 

I was talking to Ping a moment ago about a club repair. They said the Arccos/Golf Pride Lite 360 Tour Velvet in standard (white color code) are out of stock until 2023, which is the 'default' grip for those irons. I was curious if they were conveying that to customers or not. I ordered mine in gold color code and those still seem to be in stock. 

I choose the Golf Pride CP 2 Midsize as all my grips are midsize and I prefer the softer feel. Ordering last July I actually speced the grip in grey but the black/blue is what I got, samie same to me.

I had tried the Arccos grip, actually had it on a fairway metal I got off a friend and hated them. Just didn’t like the feel as they felt rough and hard. Personally, the worst grip I had ever used. 

PING G425 4-UW/SW/Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex/ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5*/3W 14*/3hyb.19*/5W 17.5/9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD Anser 4J Proto / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone Rx-TreoSoft

20 hours ago, clarkwgriswoldjr said:

My G4325Max 7-wood came in today.  Ordered 6/19/21, delivered 1/7/22.  202 days total.  Now the wait 'til spring!

I ordered my 7W the second week of August after first confirming by phone with Ping Canada  that they had 7W heads in stock.My local dealer followed up with Ping in I think late November at my request: was just told "January or February".     The time-frame looks similar.  

I ordered it stock to hopefully expedite delivery, but  I knew it was going be about 1/4" short  from the stock 42" when  I had it regripped without the Arccos grip. When I found out the current delivery estimate, I asked my dealer to have Ping amend the order for shaft length so at least it will play at standard length when I get it.

Edited by myspinonit
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 10:30 AM, myspinonit said:

I ordered my 7W the second week of August after first confirming by phone with Ping Canada  that they had 7W heads in stock.My local dealer followed up with Ping in I think late November at my request: was just told "January or February".     The time-frame looks similar.  

I ordered it stock to hopefully expedite delivery, but  I knew it was going be about 1/4" short  from the stock 42" when  I had it regripped without the Arccos grip. When I found out the current delivery estimate, I asked my dealer to have Ping amend the order for shaft length so at least it will play at standard length when I get it.

My fitter had it built with a 5 wood shaft.   I absolutely killed it in the fitting, from all types of lies.  I'm really looking forward to getting on the course with it.

3 hours ago, clarkwgriswoldjr said:

My fitter had it built with a 5 wood shaft.   I absolutely killed it in the fitting, from all types of lies.  I'm really looking forward to getting on the course with it.

Sounds like  a good move.  Similarly,  I bought a 3W shaft on eBay to try in my 5W (and some aftermarket weights from Billy Bob) figuring I might move that shaft  to the 5W head and the 5w shaft to the 7W.  

My 5W shaft is stock, so it plays roughly 1/4" short in the 5W after regripping as the Arccos adds about 1/4"; the length with Arccos is what Ping shows in the specifications. Therefore the 5W shaft stock  would be about 1/4" more than stock specs @~42.25" in the 7W .  Since my dealer has asked Ping to bump the length of the 7W to account for removing the Arccos grip, I expect I will leave it as is when regripped.

I wasn't thrilled with the longer 3W shaft in the 5W though the one time I tried it on the range so may also just leave it as is as I really liked the 5W  last season. That said,  my  golf was interrupted in mid- October recovering two months from an operation and then winter weather.  Also they were really crappy last season range balls in the just one range session on a cold day. With no other balls hit since mid-October it wasn't  a definitive  test and I may do it again once Spring hits and I have had a few real rounds  and practice in.

Edited by myspinonit
  • Like 1

apologize as i dont want to read through all these posts, but any word if ping is releasing new drivers/hybrids.  just got my G425 but just wondering if they have plans to update the hybrid.  I'd probably still buy a 425, just more wondering in a sense that i can buy one cheaper.  

Driver - Ping G425 Max 10.5 w Ventus Blue Velocore 60x
3 Wood - Ping G425 Max 14.5 w Ventus Blue Velocore 70x
Utility - Callaway Apex UW 19 w Ventus Blue Velocore 80x
Irons - Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-GW w $ Taper 130x
Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey SM9 54.12D to 55.13D w S400 Dynamic Gold Tour
Lob Wedge - Titleist Vokey SM9 60.08M w S400 Dynamic Gold Tour
Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour w 35in Stability Tour

6 hours ago, Mojo66 said:

Really hoping my set come soon, still hope it'll be Feb ,bit no feedback from seller 

I’m biting the bit wanting to get out and play to test out the new irons but,,,,,

winter time 😞

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 7:30 AM, myspinonit said:

Update: The 7W ordered in August came yesterday with the tag from Ping to add 1/4 inch and my local shop put on the CP2 grip I wanted.  It worked out ok for me in the end, but this is offered as a heads up to others if ordering and exact length is important to you:

When I got home and put it beside my G425 5W it looked by my eye to be the same length.   Hmmm...so I detached the shaft from the 7W, the 5W and measured them as well against the 3W shaft I bought on eBay that I had cut down 1/2 inch recently. 

Yup...the 7W shaft was the longest uninstalled from the club of the  three...measuring installed  42.75" including the CP2 tip, incrementally longer (abut 1/4 inch) than the 3W I cut 1/2 inch and about 1/2 inch longer than the 5W I bought stock and regripped.  I used a 48" inch steel ruler. 

The G425  5 wood with the stock shaft and regripped with a CP2 measured 42.25", so that is now on the new 7W. The shaft that came with my 7W is now in the 5W (!) and it comes in at 42.75" and both are D1 from my swingweight scale.  Since I'm playing them at small minus, more of a "6W" and "4W "  the result works for me. I can always sub in the incrementally shorter spare shaft in the 5W later if I want.

I realize from reading Stuart's posts (and others) that measuring clubs can vary how it's done and by different manufacturers.  But even if my measuring was off a smidgen, that fact remains that the 7w that was ordered 1/4" long was about 1/2" longer than the 5W that came off the shelf stock , then was regripped.  This was evident when I compared all three  uninstalled with just the adaptor.  But as I said, it worked out ok for me in the end, just a heads up. 

Edited by myspinonit

1 minute ago, Mojo66 said:

Got email from retailer I ordered irons from, said he's hoping they'll be dispatched by end of February!but from where I wonder 🤔😄

It isn't just Ping.  When I picked up my 7W yesterday the store rep told me a customer had recentlly  phoned on the status of an order for irons he placed a couple of months ago ( I think he said Taylormade, maybe he said it it was Titleist) .  At any rate, the computer told the store the expected delivery date is June...2023!!!  He phoned the rep, found it was due to the particular shafts the client wanted. The shafts were changed on the order and he got them within a few days.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, myspinonit said:

Update: The 7W ordered in August came yesterday with the tag from Ping to add 1/4 inch and my local shop put on the CP2 grip I wanted.  It worked out ok for me in the end, but this is offered as a heads up to others if ordering and exact length is important to you:

When I got home and put it beside my G425 5W it looked by my eye to be the same length.   Hmmm...so I detached the shaft from the 7W, the 5W and measured them as well against the 3W shaft I bought on eBay that I had cut down 1/2 inch recently. 

Yup...the 7W shaft was the longest uninstalled from the club of the  three...measuring installed  45.75" including the CP2 tip, incrementally longer (abut 1/4 inch) than the 3W I cut 1/2 inch and about 1/2 inch longer than the 5W I bought stock and regripped.  I used a 48" inch steel ruler. 

The G425  5 wood with the stock shaft and regripped with a CP2 measured 42.25", so that is now on the new 7W. The shaft that came with my 7W is now in the 5W (!) and it comes in at 42.75" and both are D1 from my swingweight scale.  Since I'm playing them at small minus, more of a "6W" and "4W "  the result works for me. I can always sub in the incrementally shorter spare shaft in the 5W later if I want.

I realize from reading Stuart's posts (and others) that measuring clubs can vary how it's done and by different manufacturers.  But even if my measuring was off a smidgen, that fact remains that the 7w that was ordered 1/4" long was about 1/2" longer than the 5W that came off the shelf stock , then was regripped.  This was evident when I compared all three  uninstalled with just the adaptor.  But as I said, it worked out ok for me in the end, just a heads up. 

I assume graphics line up - as in no tipping on any of them?

• Like 1

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

58 minutes ago, Mojo66 said:

Got email from retailer I ordered irons from, said he's hoping they'll be dispatched by end of February!but from where I wonder 🤔😄

Don’t matter!!! As long as they show up soon 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, myspinonit said:

It isn't just Ping.  When I picked up my 7W yesterday the store rep told me a customer had recentlly  phoned on the status of an order for irons he placed a couple of months ago ( I think he said Taylormade, maybe he said it it was Titleist) .  At any rate, the computer told the store the expected delivery date is June...2023!!!  He phoned the rep, found it was due to the particular shafts the client wanted. The shafts were changed on the order and he got them within a few days.

Oh I totally understand that, just thought I'd let others know ,seems orders are trickling through to Europe, which is great 

2 minutes ago, Mojo66 said:

Pardon my ignorance lads, is graphics another name for graphite 🤔 

They mean the graphics (lettering/design) on the shaft itself.  If the graphics on two of the same make/model of shafts line up then they have been tipped the same amount, regardless of the playing length. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

4 hours ago, dwboston said:

They mean the graphics (lettering/design) on the shaft itself.  If the graphics on two of the same make/model of shafts line up then they have been tipped the same amount, regardless of the playing length. 

Sorry  for the segue here probably off topic, but I don’t understand this. Could one not just tip the shaft and insert the graphics into the club (or adaptor in the case of an adjustable club) in the same position as it’s neighbour club?  I know Ping does not normally tip shafts one club to another.  But I imagine some makers do as stock clubs and the  end product has matching graphic sight lines to other  fairways or hybrids in the series. 

That said, no tipping in my case I’m pretty confident, just the butt  cut of my now spare shaft. 

Edited by myspinonit

20 minutes ago, myspinonit said:

Sorry  for the segue here probably off topic, but I don’t understand this. Could one not just tip the shaft and insert the graphics into the club (or adaptor in the case of an adjustable club) in the same position as it’s neighbour club?  I know Ping does not normally tip shafts one club to another.  But I imagine some makers do as stock clubs and the  end product has matching graphic sight lines to other  fairways or hybrids in the series. 

That said, no tipping in my case I’m pretty confident, just the butt  cut of my now spare shaft. 

Take two identical shafts, say a Ventus Red 7S for sake of argument.  If neither shaft is tipped, when putting the shafts side by side, the graphics will be in same place on each shaft, regardless of the playing length of either shaft (shafts are butt cut for length).  If one shaft is tipped and the other isn't, the graphics will be lower on the tipped shaft relative to the untipped one.  It isn't that complicated. 👍

Edited by dwboston
  • Like 2

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

4 minutes ago, dwboston said:

Take two identical shafts, say a Ventus Red 7S for sake of argument.  If neither shaft is tipped, when putting the shafts side by side, the graphics will be in same place on each shaft, regardless of the playing length of either shaft (shafts are butt cut for length).  If one shaft is tipped and the other isn't, the graphics will be lower on the tipped shaft relative to the untipped one.  It isn't that complicated.

Thank you. I feel a little silly; my lack of sleep last night was showing. I knew that before..  I was interpreting today's question to me  to mean the position left or right on the shaft.  Of course they must be in the same position length-wise if the shafts aren't tipped. I just checked and I'm still good for graphics with them not being tipped.

• Like 2