G425 delivery times

moadhia

Placed an order last week for some G425 irons (yes, I already have a set, these would be for a second bag in a different state).  Same config as my current set.  The estimated shipping date for them is...wait for it...

DECEMBER 16th!!!

FOUR MONTHS!!!

I'm going to call them on Monday to find out why it will take so long.  Hopefully it's something that I can easily switch out, like grips.  I didn't go with the standard Arcos grips.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

1 hour ago, ShowMe said:

Placed an order last week for some G425 irons (yes, I already have a set, these would be for a second bag in a different state).  Same config as my current set.  The estimated shipping date for them is...wait for it...

DECEMBER 16th!!!

FOUR MONTHS!!!

I'm going to call them on Monday to find out why it will take so long.  Hopefully it's something that I can easily switch out, like grips.  I didn't go with the standard Arcos grips.

425 irons ordered 9 weeks ago. Was told 8-10 weeks. Now being told an additional 9-12 weeks. 

43 minutes ago, xmanhockey7 said:

425 irons ordered 9 weeks ago. Was told 8-10 weeks. Now being told an additional 9-12 weeks. 

That's insane and completely unacceptable in my book. Anything off the wall with the order(shafts/grips)?

I don't understand their issues. As I mentioned above, according to the place I ordered from, no other manufacturer is going past 6-7 weeks tops, for their orders.

Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, 3W, 5W - Aldila Rogue White 130 shafts

Ping G425 3 Crossover Iron - Aldila Rogue Black 95TS shaft

Ping G425 4-PW, UW Green Dot, Power Spec, AWT 2.0 S shafts

Vokey 56 degree 14F Sand Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Labs Tuttle Mallet putter

57 minutes ago, Chuck_IV said:

That's insane and completely unacceptable in my book. Anything off the wall with the order(shafts/grips)?

I don't understand their issues. As I mentioned above, according to the place I ordered from, no other manufacturer is going past 6-7 weeks tops, for their orders.

Nah. Stock shaft. Stock ping grip. Red dot. According to them their shaft and grip supplier just doesn’t have enough inventory for them. I asked to change both if that would speed it up. They said no. 

G425 irons and hybrids ordered end of May. Plus CBX 2.0 wedges

Custom length shaft on all. Custom lie and loft on irons.

Wedges took 4-5 weeks.

Hybrids took about 7 weeks.

Irons are now supposed to be September. But seeing December everywhere has me thinking it might be a while.

Issue is the shafts according to Ping.

8 minutes ago, triplecorgi said:

When will the “new” version of g425 irons release? Love them but don’t want to buy it by the time they even ship they are promoting the new model 

They just came out in February I think. I’d say at least another 18 months. 

So.... just got word that the 4 iron and 7 iron shafts for my set are on back order, which means, with the factory shutdown, I doubt I see them anytime soon. How does this happen with single shafts? They don't seem to be allocating/completing orders in order of receipt but just randomly filling what they can, when they can. which leads to many people being SOL. I don't see how filling single club orders ahead of someone's full set is a good way to go when that person with the full set, cancels their order(like I'm probably going to do).

At this point, as I said, I'm probably just gonna cancel and wait till next year(since that's probably about the time I would get these anyway) and see what else comes out(and NOT from Ping). I wonder if they regret moving things to China now? 

**EDIT**

Got an update from my shop. They called ping and got a direct answer to the generic badly worded email they received over the weekend. Apparently they have two separate shipments of shafts, containing the shafts I need, coming in on the 26th and 30th of this month. So after quality control,  I am supposedly looking at mid September. He is going to follow up with them in a week or so(phone call) to make sure things are on target.

Edited by Chuck_IV

Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, 3W, 5W - Aldila Rogue White 130 shafts

Ping G425 3 Crossover Iron - Aldila Rogue Black 95TS shaft

Ping G425 4-PW, UW Green Dot, Power Spec, AWT 2.0 S shafts

Vokey 56 degree 14F Sand Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Labs Tuttle Mallet putter

In UK. Just ordered a G425 hybrid. Delivery date just come back as NOV 23 - 3 months wait. Safe to say, not impressed!

DR: TaylorMade Qi10 LS  6.5° | autoFlex SF505X Yellow

DR: TaylorMade Qi10 DESIGNER SERIES BLACK OUT  7.5° | autoFlex SF505X Rainbow

HY: Callaway Epic Flash #3  17° | Aerotech SteelFiber fc75 F4

4-PW: Callaway Epic Forged 19 | Aerotech SteelFiber fc90 F4

GW: Titleist Vokey WEDGEWORKS RAW M Grind    50° | Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
SW: Titleist Vokey WEDGEWORKS RAW Low Bounce K  57° | Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
LW: Titleist Vokey WEDGEWORKS RAW T Grind  61° | Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
P: Scotty Cameron H21 Limited Proto PX-7.5-SN-TB | Tour Black 34.5”
B: CTX/TP5X/-PROV1X Still testing

Bench
HY: PING G410 #3 19° |  Veylix Arcane Wildeye Rainbow Copper Mod S

P: Titleist Scotty Cameron TOUR ISSUE Newport Concept 2 CIRCLE T WELD NECK  | 34”

On 8/21/2021 at 9:03 PM, ChrisLC40 said:

Ping's factory in china is shutdown due to country shutdowns. Same with TaylorMade and Callaway in Vietnam. My shop is quoting anywhere from 6 to 20 weeks on custom orders. We just don't know.

I called Ping last week and they told me that isn't the case.  The factory is open.  There are other supply chain issues impacting turn around time - shipping issues, component shortages, etc.  

I ordered a set of G425's, white dot, +3/4", power spec lofts, DG 105 Regular flex, Ping Arcos Gold grips.  I guess we'll see how long it takes to get them in.  I'm fine with my current set until then. 

Edited by Big_Guy_Who_Golfs

Driver  Callaway Mavrik 10.5* Project X Evenflow Riptide 50
Fairway Callaway Epic Speed 15* HZRDUS Smoke

Hybrid Cobra King F8 22* Aldila Rogue Pro 75

Irons Ping G425 5-GW Power Spec DG 105

Wedges Ping Glide Stealth 54*/58* Z-Z115

Putter Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 8 35"

Ball Bridgestone e12 Contact

On 8/21/2021 at 5:26 PM, xmanhockey7 said:

Do you know exact date of your order? Mine were ordered June 28th, didn’t get put in until July 1st was told 8-10 weeks. Shop called 2 weeks ago and was told Sept 13th. So right on 10 weeks, but if they push it back another 10 weeks, might have to say no, I don’t plan on playing in the snow.

I ordered red dot, mid size tour velvet non arccos grips, elevate stiff shafts. 

On 8/21/2021 at 3:30 PM, ShowMe said:

DECEMBER 16th!!!

FOUR MONTHS!!!

Ok, so I called Ping to see if there was one particular reason for why it was going to take 4 months, thinking that maybe I could change something out to make it quicker.

He told me that it's an across the board issue right now.  Grips because of a rubber shortage.  Iron heads because there are supply chain delays with tungsten.  Shaft shortages.

And on top of that, they have a lot of sales already in their backlog.  So when you add it all up, it's kind of like an accident on the highway.  My order/car was added to the back of the line, and every order/car is bottlenecked because of material shortages.  Then when the materials do come in, it'll be like merging 5 lanes into the 1 lane that can get by the accident.  The net result is 4 months to get moving on the highway again.

I would imagine that all the club manufacturers are experiencing the tungsten shortage issue.  Are there any GI irons these days that don't have tungsten in them?  

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

Call me crazy but does it seem odd Ping would drop the i59’s with such fanfare with all the existing issues fulfilling current orders? I ❤️ Ping and I have some g425’s on order ( we’re at the 10 week mark now) but this just seems odd. I get they have to keep rolling with product cycles and what not and driving sales of new product.

Edited by averysdad
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Rg020282 said:

Do you know exact date of your order? Mine were ordered June 28th, didn’t get put in until July 1st was told 8-10 weeks. Shop called 2 weeks ago and was told Sept 13th. So right on 10 weeks, but if they push it back another 10 weeks, might have to say no, I don’t plan on playing in the snow.

I ordered red dot, mid size tour velvet non arccos grips, elevate stiff shafts. 

Not an exact date, but around middle of June. It’s the supply chain. They’re saying shafts, but the factories overseas are screwed. TMAG head factory in Vietnam shuts down for 6 weeks if one worker tests positive for COVID. Delays are coming across the board. If you want GI irons Callaway is October-November. Ping is December. TMAG is September or December. I don’t know if they know. Mizuno is 6-8 weeks last I heard. May be longer now. It’s just crazy. 

I talked with the place I ordered my G425 irons through and they stated another 12 weeks per ping. Already been there for 6. Has to do with the factory. I cancelled my order and found a set of black dots locally. will send to ping in the winter to have bent to blue dot....

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 - Adila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Stiff

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 3 wood 16* - LinQ Purple 70 Stiff

Callaway Paradym 18/19* Hybrid  HZRDUS Smoke Gray 

Mizuno Pro 243 with modus 120S

Mizuno T24 50 and 56 S400
Bettinardi Queen B

After waiting 3 months and told by a production manager that my clubs would ship any day.. I called to find out I was pushed back another 2 months until October..

I cancelled my order..  Went up to Edwin Watts and found 3 sets of returned G425's sitting there for less that 900$

After waiting so long i hit a few and just had no feel..  Tried a set of returned Apex21's with the KBS CT80 S shaft and will never look back..  Maybe a little less forgiveness, but with the feel when you miss hit it is well worth it...  After all this time the PINGs just felt dead.. just cant tell how the ball was hit.. good or bad..  So glad I didn't keep waiting for them. 

BTW..  SW/LW have 13 degrees of bounce....  Absolutely terrible for anything less than a shot out of the rough. And simple 6 foot chips out of long grass..  the sole drags the grass and makes it feel like a wet lie..  fyi

50yrs..  3 Ghin  was looking for something to make the game easier than my 710MB from the early 2k's.  If feel of shots is important..  might want to re-think..

The reason I know.. I got my SW/LW on July 31st. I have no idea why I ordered them in the g425 model..  Brain fart at its best..   Order date.. June 7th.   Those two shipped out for some reason..  The people I talked to at ping seemed surprised..  The disconnect between them just makes no sense.. They all are in the same building in Arizona correct?  Staff is in short supply so there should be better communication between them.

I'll chime in here: ordered G425s on May 24th, stock grips and shafts, was quoted 8-10 weeks at the time order was placed.  Yesterday, I followed up with the shop I ordered from and after a call to Ping, they advised ALL their components are at a standstill right now.  New quoted arrival time is October, which I obviously won't hold my breath on.  When I ordered in May, I had the mindset these would be for next year and my current irons are performing well for me right now, so whatever.  I really don't want to cancel my order because I want to support my local shop and they were awesome with the fitting process.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Ping G425 5W 
Ping G425 19* 3H
Srixon ZX5 4-P 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+

52 minutes ago, MattMo said:

I'll chime in here: ordered G425s on May 24th, stock grips and shafts, was quoted 8-10 weeks at the time order was placed.  Yesterday, I followed up with the shop I ordered from and after a call to Ping, they advised ALL their components are at a standstill right now.  New quoted arrival time is October, which I obviously won't hold my breath on.  When I ordered in May, I had the mindset these would be for next year and my current irons are performing well for me right now, so whatever.  I really don't want to cancel my order because I want to support my local shop and they were awesome with the fitting process.

Hello - I'm in the same boat as I wish to support the Pro Shop, but yesterday I was also told 10/11.

On the plus side I order my set on 7/30.  Just hope its doesnt go past 10/11.