G425 delivery times

moadhia

Thanks, I thought the other trials were rough, but losing the center vision really has some hard consequences. Playing golf is how I relax, and not being able to strike the ball properly is tough. I have an appt in two weeks to see if they will laser my eyes or not.

Bag is in overhaul mode

Clubs identify as hacker set

On 7/8/2021 at 6:52 PM, platgof said:

I had the regular lofts on them. I was worried that the sole would dig with the power lofts.

FYI for future.  True stronger lofts have a bit less bounce.  But In reality, it’s so negligible only truly elite golfers will notice the difference.  

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

I want to order a G425 Max 9* but the PGASS said the back order date is 9/1. 
Is this ship date realistic? optimistic? pessimistic?

It’s hard to understand what’s going on with PING, to be honest. At some point they really need to clean this mess up. You have companies like Callaway and PXG cranking out product to customers within a week, two tops. 
I’m not buying the “swamped with orders” story. As someone else said, if you hit a Callaway, PXG and Ping club about the same, and you can get the Epic driver or set of 0211 irons in a week, why would anyone wait 6-12 for the Ping?
I know the story about the cargo containers, but that was months ago. I love PING drivers (played the G400 Max from it’s release date to now) but at this point I think it’s a manpower, not component issue.

Grip shortage? Email the customer, give them the option of a club with no grip or something in stock. Shaft issue? Again, email the customer, let them know what you have in stock, or give them a realistic wait time.

I can’t believe some people here with limited golf seasons were willing to wait two, three months for your clubs. I tip my cap to you, you’re a lot more loyal than I am. 

• Like 2

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

1 hour ago, john myrbch said:

I want to order a G425 Max 9* but the PGASS said the back order date is 9/1. 
Is this ship date realistic? optimistic? pessimistic?

It’s hard to understand what’s going on with PING, to be honest. At some point they really need to clean this mess up. You have companies like Callaway and PXG cranking out product to customers within a week, two tops. 
I’m not buying the “swamped with orders” story. As someone else said, if you hit a Callaway, PXG and Ping club about the same, and you can get the Epic driver or set of 0211 irons in a week, why would anyone wait 6-12 for the Ping?
I know the story about the cargo containers, but that was months ago. I love PING drivers (played the G400 Max from it’s release date to now) but at this point I think it’s a manpower, not component issue.

Grip shortage? Email the customer, give them the option of a club with no grip or something in stock. Shaft issue? Again, email the customer, let them know what you have in stock, or give them a realistic wait time.

I can’t believe some people here with limited golf seasons were willing to wait two, three months for your clubs. I tip my cap to you, you’re a lot more loyal than I am. 

From my information that’s a bit optimistic.  We just ordered a 425 Max and it was quoted as 8 to 10 weeks.   

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

My buddy went to go order 4-u with Project X LZ 5.5.  Estimated deliver was November 4.  I myself have been waiting for a 425 #3 hybrid with Tensei Orange.  Ordered 4/23, they quoted 6-8 weeks.  Still don't have it.  These are the times , I guess.

Ping G430 Max 10.5, VA Nemesis 55 four

Ping G430 5-18, VA Vylyn 65 four

Ping G430 4H, 5H, 6H, Alta 70S

Mizuno Pro 245, 6-gw. MMT 85S

Ping S159 54S, & 54H, MMT 105S

Odyssey Nano 7, stroke lab

Pro V 1X or Z-Star XV

Ordered G425 3W and 4H both with Tensei orange and regular GolfPride grips 4 weeks ago from a pro shop. The 3W arrived today, 4H due next week. 

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I learned today on the interweb that the standard length of Ping clubs that come with Arccos is based on the quarter of an inch or so added on by the Arccos grips.   So changing grips to non-Arccos makes them that much shorter than standard.  I confirmed that with  Ping by phone today.  (So the 5 wood  and driver I bought off the rack recently and regripped with CP2's are 1/4  an inch shorter than standard...probably not a big deal with the woods, and maybe even a good thing with the driver.)

I've been waiting since Mar 8 fitting for G425 irons and Glide 3.0 wedges. ...Ping told the pro shop ten days ago that the shipping date would be in about three more weeks. But getting my preferred CP2 grips would extend that another three weeks. So I opted  to get the standard with Arccos and got some CP2's locally to get installed later.

But I don't want Ping irons any shorter than standard...my Miuras with 74g steelfiber are 1/2" longer (built longer years ago for SW) than the standard G425, and that will be enough of an adjustment without losing another 1/4".   So I've contacted  pro shop  ask Ping to make them 1/2" over standard (with Arccos) before shipping since I'll be replacing the Arccos ones on arrival. So they will just be 1/4" inch shorter than the ones I've been used to for years when I put on CP2 grips. Ping told me a call from the shop will take care of that.

Edited by myspinonit

So I went ahead and placed the order on my G425 Max 9* w Distanza shaft +1/2”. My thought on the extra length was I like a 45.75” and I believe Ping standard is 45.5 with the Arrcos, which adds a 1/4”.

The only reason I ordered the Arrcos grip was with the hope it would speed up the process since it’s the stock version and they should have them on hand. If it works with the added 1/4” I’ll leave it on, but if not, I’ll just put on a regular grip which will take me to my desired shaft length.

All this math gave me a headache 🤕 

• Like 1

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

Finally got to hit the G425 irons. Great sticks. Was told 10-12 weeks fro custom here in Canada. Going to wait till spring at this point. 

• Like 1

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

2 hours ago, Golf64 said:

Finally got to hit the G425 irons. Great sticks. Was told 10-12 weeks fro custom here in Canada. Going to wait till spring at this point. 

Me too. Not going to put myself through the aggravation of getting them in October and having to stare at them in the basement til April lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Golf64 said:

Still getting up to speed with mine, but they are great irons.  I ordered mine mid-May, and received them mid-July, so about 7-8 weeks.  Not terrible all things considered, and now I do get to enjoy mine for a decent chunk of this season.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

Well, I have decided to go back to a G iron after playing my buddies on the course a couple times. So I placed my order this afternoon through Carl’s Golfland. Specs are Blue Dot AWT 2.0 in stiff with the Tour Velvet Super Tack. Let the waiting begin... 

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 - Adila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Stiff

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 3 wood 16* - LinQ Purple 70 Stiff

Callaway Paradym 18/19* Hybrid  HZRDUS Smoke Gray 

Mizuno Pro 243 with modus 120S

Mizuno T24 50 and 56 S400
Bettinardi Queen B

Friend of mine just got his today. He ordered the full 10 club set with I believe AWT2.0 shafts and Arccos grips(3 degrees upright). Took him 12 WEEKS to get them from the same place I ordered mine(local shop). Looks like I'm not gonna see mine anytime soon(just short of 7 weeks for me).

Edited by Chuck_IV

Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, 3W, 5W - Aldila Rogue White 130 shafts

Ping G425 3 Crossover Iron - Aldila Rogue Black 95TS shaft

Ping G425 4-PW, UW Green Dot, Power Spec, AWT 2.0 S shafts

Vokey 56 degree 14F Sand Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Labs Tuttle Mallet putter

I’m curious. Has Ping come out and explained what their problem is? The “container” thing was months ago.
Why are they still so far behind other OEMs when it comes to  getting components and/or fulfilling orders?
This has to be killing their bottom line.

I ordered the Max driver the other day, I’m willing to remain loyal and wait on it because I loved the 400 Max. I’m sure many others have decided to ride it out also, but I’d bet just as many moved on and bought their clubs from someone else.

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

53 minutes ago, john myrbch said:

I’m curious. Has Ping come out and explained what their problem is? The “container” thing was months ago.
Why are they still so far behind other OEMs when it comes to  getting components and/or fulfilling orders?
This has to be killing their bottom line.

I ordered the Max driver the other day, I’m willing to remain loyal and wait on it because I loved the 400 Max. I’m sure many others have decided to ride it out also, but I’d bet just as many moved on and bought their clubs from someone else.

Doesn't take an advanced degree in Economics to figure it out.  Extraordinary high demand combined with reduced capability to acquire shafts, grips and heads.  The ripple effect of lost production capability at foundries, shipping ports, is still a real problem.  Will take months if not years to get the cycle back to pre-covid levels. 

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (on order)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (soon to be mothballed)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

20 hours ago, Socrates said:

Doesn't take an advanced degree in Economics to figure it out.  Extraordinary high demand combined with reduced capability to acquire shafts, grips and heads.  The ripple effect of lost production capability at foundries, shipping ports, is still a real problem.  Will take months if not years to get the cycle back to pre-covid levels. 

Sorry, but I’m not buying the “extraordinary high demand” thing for Ping products. Most people new to the game (and anyone else) aren’t THAT brand loyal, and will look to another manufacturer rather than wait months.

High demand, lack of components… Those are the stock answers when talking about Ping, but then please explain why other OEMs aren’t having the same issues. We all know about the containers. We all know about grip “shortages”, shaft issues, etc.  

My question is why can I get a Callaway driver in 5 days, and a Ping is minimum 8 weeks? Same goes for FWs and irons. Why are people waiting 3 months for Pings and other OEMs are getting them out in 1-2 weeks?

Like it or not, Ping is a disaster right now. Whether it’s their fault or not, they simply cannot get product to the consumer anywhere near as fast as their competition. If you want to believe it’s because they’re being overwhelmed by orders, that’s up to you. Every retailer I know is passive aggressively steering their customers toward another OEM right now because they can’t guarantee anything close to a delivery date.

Edited by john myrbch
  • Like 1

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

Ordered a G425 Max driver with Tensei AV Raw Orange on June 10 and was delivered today, so 5 weeks and  4 days.

Ping G430 Max Driver
TaylorMade Stealth 3HL Wood
TaylorMade Stealth 7 Wood

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Hybrid (4 Hybrid)
Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Pro Irons 5-PW

Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Forged GW
Titleist Vokey SM7 54 and 58 Degree Wedges
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
Titleist ProV1

13 minutes ago, Nick75 said:

Ordered a G425 Max driver with Tensei AV Raw Orange on June 10 and was delivered today, so 5 weeks and  4 days.

I think I hate you. Not sure how this is possible because I've been waiting for a G425 LST with Tour 65 shaft going on 9 weeks tomorrow.

Ping G425 LST  10.5* -  Ping Tour 65x
TaylorMade R15 3W - Speeder Evolution S
Ping G425 2 Hybrid 17* - Ping Tour 85x
Mizuno 921F 4-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
Cleveland RTX 60
TaylorMade Spider - Counterweight 

20 minutes ago, Hollywoodtlb said:

I think I hate you. Not sure how this is possible because I've been waiting for a G425 LST with Tour 65 shaft going on 9 weeks tomorrow.

Lol, I don’t know although I did have TGW message Ping a couple weeks ago to find out the status and TGW said that it was supposed to ship on August 5, so maybe Ping is getting caught up to some degree.

Ping G430 Max Driver
TaylorMade Stealth 3HL Wood
TaylorMade Stealth 7 Wood

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Hybrid (4 Hybrid)
Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Pro Irons 5-PW

Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Forged GW
Titleist Vokey SM7 54 and 58 Degree Wedges
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
Titleist ProV1

I took my G400 Max in to DSG's today as instructed by the Ping Customer Service rep that I  spoke with. They are replacing my head ( cracked at the hosel ) with a G425 Max. They told the guy at Dick's that it would be 10 days. Perhaps they are getting supplies back in, or the representative on the phone was misinformed about delivery times. Guess I  will find out.

3 hours ago, john myrbch said:

Sorry, but I’m not buying the “extraordinary high demand” thing for Ping products. Most people new to the game (and anyone else) aren’t THAT brand loyal, and will look to another manufacturer rather than wait months.

High demand, lack of components… Those are the stock answers when talking about Ping, but then please explain why other OEMs aren’t having the same issues. We all know about the containers. We all know about grip “shortages”, shaft issues, etc.  

My question is why can I get a Callaway driver in 5 days, and a Ping is minimum 8 weeks? Same goes for FWs and irons. Why are people waiting 3 months for Pings and other OEMs are getting them out in 1-2 weeks?

Like it or not, Ping is a disaster right now. Whether it’s their fault or not, they simply cannot get product to the consumer anywhere near as fast as their competition. If you want to believe it’s because they’re being overwhelmed by orders, that’s up to you. Every retailer I know is passive aggressively steering their customers toward another OEM right now because they can’t guarantee anything close to a delivery date.

What company is getting their product out in 1-2 weeks?  No one. Not even PXG who are so overstocked, they cut their prices.  What is the wait time on Taylormade?  How about Mizuno?  Titleist?  Not chance.  

• Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 7:46 PM, myspinonit said:

I learned today on the interweb that the standard length of Ping clubs that come with Arccos is based on the quarter of an inch or so added on by the Arccos grips.   So changing grips to non-Arccos makes them that much shorter than standard.  I confirmed that with  Ping by phone today.  (So the 5 wood  and driver I bought off the rack recently and regripped with CP2's are 1/4  an inch shorter than standard...probably not a big deal with the woods, and maybe even a good thing with the driver.)

I've been waiting since Mar 8 fitting for G425 irons and Glide 3.0 wedges. ...Ping told the pro shop ten days ago that the shipping date would be in about three more weeks. But getting my preferred CP2 grips would extend that another three weeks. So I opted  to get the standard with Arccos and got some CP2's locally to get installed later.

But I don't want Ping irons any shorter than standard...my Miuras with 74g steelfiber are 1/2" longer (built longer years ago for SW) than the standard G425, and that will be enough of an adjustment without losing another 1/4".   So I've contacted  pro shop  ask Ping to make them 1/2" over standard (with Arccos) before shipping since I'll be replacing the Arccos ones on arrival. So they will just be 1/4" inch shorter than the ones I've been used to for years when I put on CP2 grips. Ping told me a call from the shop will take care of that.

The pro shop contacted Ping and as my clubs (fitted May 8 ) haven't been built yet,  they will make the changes.  That's good. 

Here's hoping they still are on the build track for "about three weeks" from my status enquiry reply of July 5. Then probably a week shipping after that.

Edited by myspinonit