SC300i

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 4:11 PM, Dan13 said:

Any feedback on this yet? If the Doppler is truly improved I would consider it. 

it seems to be much more accurate. Found these 2 reviews. The new app design is also nice. You can even shoot videos with your phone.

https://practical-golf.com/swing-caddie-sc300i-review/

Unboxing Video and in-depth video

i am interested too. Unfortunately i can only find sellers from America... and I live in Germany 

Edited by Sandafoks

41 minutes ago, Sandafoks said:

it seems to be much more accurate. Found these 2 reviews. The new app design is also nice. You can even shoot videos with your phone.

https://practical-golf.com/swing-caddie-sc300i-review/

Unboxing Video and in-depth video

i am interested too. Unfortunately i can only find sellers from America... and I live in Germany 

Thanks. One review has actual data that looks good. I’m hoping that someone will do a little more in depth review with more shots. 

If the accuracy is on par the only thing the Mevo has on this i believe is spin for 9i-wedges. Ad says spin for 8 - driver in app. 

Purchased one, it arrived today.  My son used it on the range for about an hour.   Easy to use.  Easy to setup. Remote control allows you to change clubs quickly and easily.    App on phone allows control for that as well.   App also stores swing data and has video option as well.   Distances are fairly accurate.   We lasered several of the flags and it seemed spot on.    
the pxg rep is at our club every Thursday.    Next Thursday we are going to put it side by side with his trackman and see how close the sc300i is. 
so far this thing is awesome  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GolfSRQ said:

Purchased one, it arrived today.  My son used it on the range for about an hour.   Easy to use.  Easy to setup. Remote control allows you to change clubs quickly and easily.    App on phone allows control for that as well.   App also stores swing data and has video option as well.   Distances are fairly accurate.   We lasered several of the flags and it seemed spot on.    
the pxg rep is at our club every Thursday.    Next Thursday we are going to put it side by side with his trackman and see how close the sc300i is. 
so far this thing is awesome  

Definitely report back!

21 hours ago, GolfSRQ said:

Will do.   Seems legit thus far.  
My son just got a set this week of pxg gen 3 irons 0311p. His numbers today on the sc300i were similar to his numbers on the trackman from his fitting a few weeks ago 

Can you give me feedback on the App? People say the app is terrible. The average is often calculated wrong. 

Can you confirm that?

1 hour ago, Sandafoks said:

Can you give me feedback on the App? People say the app is terrible. The average is often calculated wrong. 

Can you confirm that?

Seemed to match what was on the actual rangefinder screen.   
I’ll check further tomorrow. We’re going to play in the morning.     
We only used the app for the last 25 percent of my sons range session. However , it made is easier because I had his phone and could change clubs and see ball-flight and stats on it, vs walking around to look at the screen.  It also downloaded all his shots into app and calculated averages for each club.  

I only have trackman to compare This too ( don’t have one , but my sons instructor does ) and this thing seems great.    I’m going to compare the distances side by side with trackman. If they’re close I think this thing is excellent.   

I’ll try to give a full review.   

Any specific questions please let me know.

Like most tech things my son had it going in 2 minutes.  It’s really turn on and go.   

Mr. Shortgame also did a review here and compared it to his trackman used in an indoor studio.  Carry Distance and ball speed were pretty similar.  Spin was off with the longer clubs, but as stated the other numbers were pretty close.

Edited by Sons_of_Pitches

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

I got one , pleased so far , seems to understate the total distance but a good benchmark for improving swing speed, dial in wedge feels 

Working in a net I have improved 10 mph and tuned the driver 

like the stats it exports , questions some of the reporting like how they calculate average 

• Thanks 1

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

22 hours ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

Mr. Shortgame also did a review here and compared it to his trackman used in an indoor studio.  Carry Distance, launch angle,  and ball speed were pretty similar.  Spin was off but as stated the other numbers were pretty close.

Launch angle was not provided on the trackman data I could see on screen.

Trackman is not very accurate for spin indoors unless you have a metallic dot or you have alot of tracking distance for phase modulation to be meaningful.  He only had about 10 feet of tracking distance.

I've put mine up for sale as a friend has Mevo+ and the app is so cool....however decided against it based on ease of use and portability of the SC300.

Question on the Trackman comparison I have is how does the Spin compare....looking forward to seeing the whole comparison.

They have just updated the app recently (been locked down so not noticed) and it wiped the original data pre lockdown (never heard back when emailing them), however stats before were poor so not bothered. The app is ok tbh but original app didn't need a login, which I wonder is a long term project for Swingcaddie to have online stats/metrics like Flightscope do?

Could swingcaddie get something more advanced with Club Data PLEASSSSSSSE.

Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

I picked one of these up directly from voice caddie. Got it for $60 off the list price. Had a couple of practice sessions with it. Going to a range that uses a mix of real and range balls so I'm picking out the "real" balls to use for data. Even the "real" balls are of varying type and quality so it is not perfect but better than using limited true range balls.

I've been very happy with the target mode to dial in wedge carry distances, particularly from 50 to 90 yards. Shooting flags with the laser I do think it is accurate to within 3 yards as claimed. The numbers it is giving me I feel totally confident to take to the course. Got notes now about 52 degree 1/2 swing, 52 degree 1/2 swing choke down 1 inch, etc. . . .SwingCaddie52421.PNG.6073032ac3ae36ee3e05d6abc3735d3a.PNG

The attached is from the app from hitting some drivers in practice mode which Voice Caddie claims is accurate to within 5%.  Although I can pad my ego a bit knowing that the numbers maybe a bit deflated because of the quality of the range balls, overall I would say it is a pretty good picture of my on course carry and total distances.  I do not trust the spin numbers as I did get fitted for the driver and they seem apprx. 500 to 750 rpm high across the board - but they are pretty consistent so I maybe able to work with that.  I plan on primarily focusing on ball speed and to a lesser degree club head speed with a goal of trying to hit 160 ball speed this year. Should be doable with some speed training.

The SC300i has only missed shots that I pull draw as I think I'm blocking the radar from picking up the ball.  Otherwise it has picked up every shot. So maybe 3 out of 50 balls.

At some point I will pay the money had spend an hour with trackman and compare it with the numbers I'm getting but my initial review is positive and should make practice more fun / engaging.

I finally got to take my new SC300i out to the range this weekend. My early take is that the accuracy is definitely within the range they specify on normal shots. I hit a few bad sh**ks that I thought it over-read on distance, but that could just be my perception. It didn't miss a single shot (even the terrible ones) out of a 138 swings. I was really impressed by that.

I think the app still needs some work. At one point it stopped updating the shot data, so I had to close it and restart it. When I did, it recognized there were three missing swings and synced them, so that was good, but a bit annoying to have to go through that. I also think the graph of the ball flight is not that accurate. I had some wild variations of normal drives and low, screaming hooks, and while it would draw each shot properly in the graph after the shot, it quickly seems to morph those bad shots into the "average" ball flight curve so that all the shots kind of blended together. 

Since I bought the unit for the data and not for the app, I'm more forgiving of the app's shortcomings, but I do think it would be a more attractive product if the app were improved.

Saw that accuracy specs for the i have been updated compared to the SC300 to plus minus 2% ball speed (3%), 3 yards in target mode (same) and 3% in practice mode (previously 5%). The launch angle and apex numbers are clearly also better. Spin numbers appear questionable but arguably no worse than any other $500 PLM. App is the weakest part of the package. 

On 5/25/2021 at 1:42 AM, Dan13 said:

I picked one of these up directly from voice caddie. Got it for $60 off the list price. Had a couple of practice sessions with it. Going to a range that uses a mix of real and range balls so I'm picking out the "real" balls to use for data. Even the "real" balls are of varying type and quality so it is not perfect but better than using limited true range balls.

I've been very happy with the target mode to dial in wedge carry distances, particularly from 50 to 90 yards. Shooting flags with the laser I do think it is accurate to within 3 yards as claimed. The numbers it is giving me I feel totally confident to take to the course. Got notes now about 52 degree 1/2 swing, 52 degree 1/2 swing choke down 1 inch, etc. . . .SwingCaddie52421.PNG.6073032ac3ae36ee3e05d6abc3735d3a.PNG

The attached is from the app from hitting some drivers in practice mode which Voice Caddie claims is accurate to within 5%.  Although I can pad my ego a bit knowing that the numbers maybe a bit deflated because of the quality of the range balls, overall I would say it is a pretty good picture of my on course carry and total distances.  I do not trust the spin numbers as I did get fitted for the driver and they seem apprx. 500 to 750 rpm high across the board - but they are pretty consistent so I maybe able to work with that.  I plan on primarily focusing on ball speed and to a lesser degree club head speed with a goal of trying to hit 160 ball speed this year. Should be doable with some speed training.

The SC300i has only missed shots that I pull draw as I think I'm blocking the radar from picking up the ball.  Otherwise it has picked up every shot. So maybe 3 out of 50 balls.

At some point I will pay the money had spend an hour with trackman and compare it with the numbers I'm getting but my initial review is positive and should make practice more fun / engaging.

Nice, im scratching my head trying to work out how you've got those distances with 100mph CHS 🙂

Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

3 hours ago, Daniel Eason said:

Nice, im scratching my head trying to work out how you've got those distances with 100mph CHS 🙂

I would say that the club head speed is less reliable than the ball speed and that launch angle and smash are relatively close to optimized - club fitting works! Unit has been good. Already seeing some gains putting together what moves actually result in more speed, aka, more width a start of downswng is worth a couple of mph for me. These results are with new Strata Super Range balls so although its not a limited flight ball there may be a couple more mph in the ball speed if I was using a "real" ball.

ScreeShot6.2.21.PNG

• Like 1

It does not have a flight tracer. The Rapsodo PLM is the only one at this price point that does I believe.

Also you can get spin numbers through the app from 8 or 9 iron through driver. No wedges. My spin numbers have been consistent on quality strikes if not super accurate, aka, consistently reading  apprx. 500-1000 rpms too much on driver.

18 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

It does not have a flight tracer. The Rapsodo PLM is the only one at this price point that does I believe.

Also you can get spin numbers through the app from 8 or 9 iron through driver. No wedges. My spin numbers have been consistent on quality strikes if not super accurate, aka, consistently reading  apprx. 500-1000 rpms too much on driver.

Thanks Dan.  You said no spin numbers for wedges. Were you using this indoors or outside? Seems odd it won't read wedges. The wedge numbers are of interest to me - not so much the mid-irons.  Do you know what type of battery this unit has, along with battery life?  I'm probably going to pull the trigger on one this weekend.