Callaway Bait and Switch

J Bez

Call them, find out what is backordered...might be a simple fix.  Inventory is always changing, so will expected ship dates...

Bag 1                                                                                          Bag 2

Ping G425 Max 9* Ventus Black 7X                                         Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX

Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX                      Tour Edge Exotics CBX 20* Aldila Rip Alpha 105X

Titleist TSi3 16.5* Rogue Silver 80TX                                      Ben Hogan Ft Worth Hi 26* Recoil 110X

Titleist TS3 21* Rogue Black 95TX                                          Ben Hogan Ft Worth 32*, 38*, 44*, 50* Recoil 125X

Titleist T200 5 MCI Black 100X                                                Ben Hogan TK-15 58* Recoil Wedge Proto 125X

Titleist T100S 6-AW MCI Black 100X                                       Ping Vault Anser 2

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 56* MCI Mild 125                                        

Fourteen RM-22 60* Black Onyx S400

Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

9 hours ago, J Bez said:

So ordered a set of CB X Forged from Calloway today.  Given the known delays I was careful to keep an eye on how my selections impacted the timing.  Based on set make up, shaft, etc the order was said to be available in 5-7 days.  Logged on later to check the status and now shows early July.  Will be canceling order tomorrow 

How is this a "bait and switch"?  I don't think you know the meaning of that term.

Maybe call Callaway and find out what specific part of the order is causing the backlog.  Its probably the shaft, if I had to guess.  They probably have shafts on hand that could get you your order sooner, if you're willing to choose another shaft.

If getting a custom set of clubs within 7 days is your goal with any OEM right now, you're gonna be sorely disappointed.

• Like 4

Yeah this to me is an unadvertised shipping delay - which seems to be happening everywhere these days.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Purely guessing here, but it could be something as simple as the grips. Golf Pride lost millions (yes, millions) of grips in their trek over to North America. It’s worth a call to Callaway. If nothing else, have them shipped without grips and they can ship those at a later date and grip the new clubs yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Judge Smales said:

Purely guessing here, but it could be something as simple as the grips. Golf Pride lost millions (yes, millions) of grips in their trek over to North America. It’s worth a call to Callaway. If nothing else, have them shipped without grips and they can ship those at a later date and grip the new clubs yourself. 

Have definitely seem this before on TM orders.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

5 minutes ago, ELL92399 said:

That’s not quite how a bait and switch works.

Where they tell you one thing and then once you pay give you something else - in this case a shipping date??

And yes, the only reason I expected 5-7 day shipping is b/c that is what it said.  Other combos of heads/shafts said 1-2 weeks, 4-6 weeks, etc.

If the shipping date had said 6-8 weeks then I never would have ordered.  Only reason I am "disappointed" is because they told me one thing, then as soon an I paid the order status showed a mid July shipping date.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Judge Smales said:

Yeah, took me over a month to get my Tour Velvet 360's from Golfworks.

21 minutes ago, J Bez said:

It was the shaft that was backordered - told them July did not work for my time frame - they were nice about it, cancelled order....

Good thing they handled it better and calmer than you did.  Maybe if you had fed them the "bait and switch" line they might have given you a gift card or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have the same issue...its both the shaft and the grip.  Before i placed order (4/30) it said 2-4 weeks.  Next day order status was "backordered" w expected delivery of 6/20 lololol!

There is no chance callaway is going to risk losing a sale bc of delays.  It's crappy, but the nature of business.

Hi welcome to callaway.com ***THERE ARE SIGNIFICANT SHIPPING DELAYS***

Edited by Avidswampthing66

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour 

4 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

I have the same issue...its both the shaft and the grip.  Before i placed order (4/30) it said 2-4 weeks.  Next day order status was "backordered" w expected delivery of 6/20 lololol!

There is no chance callaway is going to risk losing a sale bc of delays.  They would never be forthcoming bc they know you would look elsewhere.   It's crappy, but the nature of business.

Hi welcome to callaway.com ***THERE ARE SIGNIFICANT SHIPPING DELAYS***

Of course Callaway wants your order.  But its not just Callaway.  Its every OEM.  Anyone who has ordered golf equipment since last fall can attest to this.  

Unless you're ordering something directly off the rack or standard in every way (and even that is now starting to back up), you have to expect you're gonna be waiting a while for your equipment.  While its partly a backorder issue, its also an employment issue.   There's nobody to build the club orders that come in.  Everyone is understaffed right now, and will be all summer until they let these enhanced unemployment benefits finally run out in September.  Turns out paying people to stay home and paying them more than what they were making while working wasn't necessarily a good idea.  

I had hoped to get a new set of irons for this summer, but I'm just going to wait a year and plan on getting a new set for next season.  I have a feeling most OEM's wont be releasing new equipment next year for the simple fact that they're so far behind with this season's equipment.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JaNelson38 said:

Good luck getting any OEM to fill a new iron set order in 5-7 days.  

Would not have expected them to fill the order in 5-7 days unless they told me they could do it.  You seem to be missing the concept that the issue is not the delay, its the delay after being told the availability was 5-7 days (see picture below).  Had they told me July up front I would have known it would not have fit my timeframe and would not have ordered.  But as  pointed out above, they want the order.  Apparently they feel that justifies lying to the buyer.....

Callaway Time CB.PNG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Bez said:

Where they tell you one thing and then once you pay give you something else - in this case a shipping date??

And yes, the only reason I expected 5-7 day shipping is b/c that is what it said.  Other combos of heads/shafts said 1-2 weeks, 4-6 weeks, etc.

If the shipping date had said 6-8 weeks then I never would have ordered.  Only reason I am "disappointed" is because they told me one thing, then as soon an I paid the order status showed a mid July shipping date.

That’s not for the whole set though. On callaway’s web site it clearly shows that most of the heads are back ordered and that there is a 6-8 week lead time.  The only thing that show 5-7 days is long irons and wedges.

Edited by ELL92399
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ELL92399 said:

Not sure where you got that info from.  On callaway’s web site it clearly shows that most of the heads are back ordered and that there is a 6-8 week lead time.  The only thing that show 5-7 days is long irons and wedges.

Its a lefty 3-PW set  - see post above where its shows 5-7 days -  both in the set makeup (some were longer) and once shaft/grip selections are made (shown above) 

Set CB times.PNG

Edited by J Bez

6 minutes ago, J Bez said:

Its a lefty 3-PW set  - see post above where its shows 5-7 days -  both in the set makeup (some were longer) and once shaft/grip selections are made (shown above) 

Still looks like various heads are back ordered. Not 5-7 days for the whole set.  Regardless, I still wouldn’t consider it a bait and switch.

Edited by ELL92399

1 minute ago, ELL92399 said:

4,8 and wedge heads still say 4-6 weeks.  Not 5-7 days for the whole set.

Look on the right side under Sets - 3-PW is shown as 5-7 days - others range from in stock to 4-6 weeks.  Yes, I see where the times are greater if you are buying a single iron, but the times for the sets are different.  Would assume they allocate inventory differently for singles vs sets??

2 minutes ago, J Bez said:

Look on the right side under Sets - 3-PW is shown as 5-7 days - others range from in stock to 4-6 weeks.  Yes, I see where the times are greater if you are buying a single iron, but the times for the sets are different.  Would assume they allocate inventory differently for singles vs sets??

What shaft did you order?

37 minutes ago, J Bez said:

Why didnt you just order the 4-PW - which Callaway has listed as IN STOCK according to the photo you posted - and just picked up the 3 iron as a separate purchase some other time?

Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees here...

Edited by JaNelson38

6 minutes ago, JaNelson38 said:

Why didnt you just order the 4-PW - which Callaway has listed as IN STOCK - and just picked up the 3 iron as a separate purchase some other time?

Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees here...

WOW - reading comprehension is not your strong suit.  I'll type slowly in hopes that you can finally grasp this:

1) The whole issue  - back to my original claim of bait and switch (on the times) that you seem to still have issue with - is that the times they provide are inaccurate - if it takes them +/-8 weeks to fulfill an order they say has 5-7 day availability, do you think in stock really means in stock??

2) As pointed out several times throughout the discussion, most recently in the post right above your last one, it was the shaft that was causing the delay. After speaking with Callaway this AM, I am now assuming (could be wrong, but based on what I was told) that the times shown on their website are the times for heads only.  Other selections like grip or shaft can have different wait times.  Unfortunately, they continue to present the best case timeframe until after you pay, then suddenly the shaft/grip info gets shared with you....

Man, a lot of not niceness here.  If you weren't allowed to cancel and get a refund I think you'd have a legit gripe, but given the circumstances with supply chain issues worldwide it may be a bit nearsighted to grow agitated over a delay.  Also looking at the list of options with availabilities and seeing 4-6 weeks for most items personally I'd assume that's the norm and the 5-7 days wouldn't actually come to fruition.  

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying