Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

I think they are a bit overwhelmed at Foresight right now as can be expected with a launch like this.  What I can say is that the people there have been top notch with follow for me.  I absolutely love the GC3.  I had a mevo+ for 2 years and maybe played simulation with it twice.  I’m using the simulation on the GC3 constantly.  It’s awesome.  I’ve had 2 or 3 times i needed help with it and emailed the foresight rep had a guy helping me out via phone and email very quickly and super helpful.  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, jmnx973 said:

I think they are a bit overwhelmed at Foresight right now as can be expected with a launch like this.  What I can say is that the people there have been top notch with follow for me.  I absolutely love the GC3.  I had a mevo+ for 2 years and maybe played simulation with it twice.  I’m using the simulation on the GC3 constantly.  It’s awesome.  I’ve had 2 or 3 times i needed help with it and emailed the foresight rep had a guy helping me out via phone and email very quickly and super helpful.  

Care to elaborate why? Easier to set up, more accurate, FSX2020>E6, all of the above? 

36 minutes ago, jmnx973 said:

Which courses are you digging into?

9 minutes ago, oodavo said:

Anyone see that new PRO-V1 that came out today that is made specifically for radar based launch monitors indoors. Says they will get the exact spin rate on 99% o shots. 

Yeah, it was made specifically for Trackman and will get 99% on Trackman and it looks like it should work with other radar launch monitors but they arent saying specifics about other brands yet

20 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Care to elaborate why? Easier to set up, more accurate, FSX2020>E6, all of the above? 

Mostly has to do with the accuracy.  Playing GC3 sims I’m hitting same shots i hit on the golf course, with mevo+ seemed like depending on the day clubs were either 1 club short or long.  Driver was very inaccurate.  Not sure its 100% mevo+ fault, i only had about 8 feet in front of me before the screen for mevo+

9 hours ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Gotcha. Cause of the 8GB of RAM? 3060 is pretty good. Any issues with running this on a gaming laptop vs. desktop?

The 3060 laptop gpu is roughly on par with the 1660super desktop gpu.  Should be good enough for 1080p projection at an ok frame rate I would think. Have to go all the way up to $1600 for an upgrade to the graphics card in a laptop at Best Buy though loads of better processors on the way up.  If you’re set on a laptop and don’t want to spend a ton I think it’s about as good a buy as you’ll get in this market.

Edit:  was watching some videos on YouTube from Golf Simulator Videos and he runs his on a laptop with a 2080 card and he was doing 4K projection I believe.

Edited by kwettig

2 hours ago, jmnx973 said:

Butterfield, Teton pines and blue bayou so far.  I also love the inside 6 short game challenge.  Such great practice.  

Does FSX have any full swing game improvement modules? Is there any practice where you can try to change swings and things of like that

Edited by jcrews5508

New to the forum and tried to post this prior to having an account so sorry if it comes twice. 

If you want to know your GC3 order status and shipment date, you just have to do the live chat on the foresight website and they will look it up based on quote or order number and tell you. Mine is shipping 10/23. Ordered on 10/2 and billed 10/6. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snarfn said:

New to the forum and tried to post this prior to having an account so sorry if it comes twice. 

If you want to know your GC3 order status and shipment date, you just have to do the live chat on the foresight website and they will look it up based on quote or order number and tell you. Mine is shipping 10/23. Ordered on 10/2 and billed 10/6. 

I tried this and got stuck talking to a bot. Not sure what I did wrong lol.

8 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

Does FSX have any full swing game improvement modules? Is there any practice where you can try to change swings and things of like that

Don’t know exactly what you mean but you could certainly use the range or even a specific hole and practice different swing ideas to see which gives you better numbers.  Would just tag one group swing A and swing B or something.

9 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

It would be pretty cool if there was a mode where you could tell foresight the club you were using and it would give you a goal angle of attack and club path and then tell you if you were within a reasonable range of that goal after every swing. Would be a good way to groove a consistent swing without focusing on mechanics.

For those of you that have received the GC3 unit, I was comparing the course list against the email.  I noticed that the Teton Pines is not listed.  But I found it listed under the "FootGolf" section of as an available course?

I wonder if the holes are larger whereby you can get hole in one easily when you play that course 😁

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana A'hina 70 stiff
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno MP25 5-PW - NS950 Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

10 hours ago, kwettig said:

The 3060 laptop gpu is roughly on par with the 1660super desktop gpu.  Should be good enough for 1080p projection at an ok frame rate I would think. Have to go all the way up to $1600 for an upgrade to the graphics card in a laptop at Best Buy though loads of better processors on the way up.  If you’re set on a laptop and don’t want to spend a ton I think it’s about as good a buy as you’ll get in this market.

Edit:  was watching some videos on YouTube from Golf Simulator Videos and he runs his on a laptop with a 2080 card and he was doing 4K projection I believe.

Gotcha thanks. Yeah my BenQ projector isn’t even 4K so I’m not all that concerned about anything above 3060. There is a Dell G15 that I’m looking really seriously at since it’s i7 and 16gb ram. Just have an issue with having a desktop just sit there for only golf sim. Hoping to atleast run a laptop. 
68D127C7-756E-47E9-8BD1-B49F90D4B18E.jpeg.993beb6341e0aa338ad8012e18468cb6.jpeg

10 hours ago, The Green Jacket said:

Just ordered a Nanuk hard case for my GC3.  I assume they will come out with a backpack/carrying bag for it eventually but wanted something to bring it to the range in in the meantime.

Green Jacket, Would you mind posting the exact case you bought and let us know how well it fits once you receive it?  Maybe post a pic or two? Thanks.

Also, I’m relatively new to the PC gaming space, but there is a difference between laptop and desktop GPUs? 

so a laptop RTX 3060 isn’t equal to a desktop RTX 3060? 

if so, then what is a good desktop GPU spec for FSX 2020? GTX 1660? RTX 2060?

Now I’m confused lol. 

35 minutes ago, atseng said:

For those of you that have received the GC3 unit, I was comparing the course list against the email.  I noticed that the Teton Pines is not listed.  But I found it listed under the "FootGolf" section of as an available course?

I wonder if the holes are larger whereby you can get hole in one easily when you play that course 😁

As I believe on the fsx software Teton pines is built into the fsx2020 software whereas the other 9 courses need to be separately downloaded

13 minutes ago, Brimster said:

Green Jacket, Would you mind posting the exact case you bought and let us know how well it fits once you receive it?  Maybe post a pic or two? Thanks.

Sure, it's the Nanuk 918, i went through a lot of cases and this one seemed like the best fit as far as size and quality, and it has the pluck foam so you can customize the exact fit so it should be snug and protected and its water proof as well.

Nanuk-918-Graphite-Cubed-Foam_1800x1800.jpeg

Nanuk-918-Black-Standing_1800x1800.jpeg

Edited by The Green Jacket
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jpan08 said:

As I believe on the fsx software Teton pines is built into the fsx2020 software whereas the other 9 courses need to be separately downloaded

Ahh, that makes sense.  Now that you mention it I do recall someone saying one of the course is installed on there.  Can't wait until next Tuesday when I am scheduled to get my unit!

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana A'hina 70 stiff
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno MP25 5-PW - NS950 Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

15 minutes ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Also, I’m relatively new to the PC gaming space, but there is a difference between laptop and desktop GPUs? 

Now I’m confused lol. 

In my eyes a 3060 laptop will run the software just fine.  The FSX minimum requirements are a 1050 Ti.

image.png.f5196b80d6340484b361977de1b4166d.png

image.png.0dbd451d41367aca699bbbbddd56790f.png

7 minutes ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Now I’m confused lol. 

I found all this out a week or two ago and since been deep diving into it while I’m waiting for my GC3.

I’ve found this to be a good resource when comparing graphics cards:

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Anything with laptop, mobile or super with max q design is a laptop card.  I’ve heard to be wary of Dell, HP even Lenovo desktops because they can’t really be upgraded due to proprietary motherboards. With a laptop you’re not going to do any upgrading other than the ram, maybe, so it’s much less of an issue. The thing that really limits laptops is limited power and thermal performance.  They don’t cool as well so the CPU or GPU will throttle down to run at safe temps affecting display performance.  I’ve looked for specific performance on FSX 2020 and didn’t find anything of real value.  I wouldn’t be worried about whether the laptop deal you posted will run FSX at 1080p just be aware of the limitations/lack of upgradability.  If you buy from Best Buy you could probably have geek squad make sure your ram is running at its highest possible settings if you’re not comfortable with changing the bios settings.  Hope this helps.