Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

57 minutes ago, herdtlocker said:

Ayyyy another Spokane golfer??? Small world. Yeah we have a couple of weeks left hopefully. Winters here have always been the worst. Having to drive down to Richland or head over to the coast to get my winter fix. GC3 should alleviate some of that though!

golfing Palouse Ridge wednesday. hopefully not the last time before stuff shuts down. 

did you manage to get a GC3? i went skytrak for now. if your on instagram search my username. 

7 hours ago, prusd said:

Hi,

So I have become confused once the official announcement was made.  Can someone clear something up for me.

If all I'm interested in is TGC or GSPro, can I wait until a hack is developed and purchase the 3000 Launch Pro without a subscription package???  Or would that not be possible?

Probably not. For the official capability to use it with anything other than FSX you need the highest paid subscription. It is probably in the developer’s (of the workaround) best interest to NOT circumvent this requirement if it is even possible. Someone mentioned their rep said Foresight probably wouldn’t pursue someone who got TGC working with the GC3/LP but if they start doing things that could cost Foresight money I’m sure they would.

1 hour ago, denglishdoc said:

Spokane. generally everything shuts down first snow or even once it starts freezing. trees keep greens frozen all day. we are lucky to golf past October. 2019 coursed didnt open till april. normally most open in march

My skytrak just showed up in the mail yesterday. but im pumped to watch some reviews on the BLP/GC3. will try and get one in a couple years. 

Yeah you guys get snow every winter. We often don't at all or one or two times that doesn't stick around very long. Rarely before January these days. 

8 hours ago, prusd said:

Hi,

So I have become confused once the official announcement was made.  Can someone clear something up for me.

If all I'm interested in is TGC or GSPro, can I wait until a hack is developed and purchase the 3000 Launch Pro without a subscription package???  Or would that not be possible?

The Launch Pro has locked spin axis so I’m not sure the workaround that currently works with the gcquad would work.  I’m sure it’s coming in encrypted from the machine as it still displays curvature but only through the FSX software. 

4 hours ago, jmnx973 said:

Has anyone else gotten their shipping info yet?  I got mine but says its been “on the way” since Tuesday with no scans or updates.  Crazy they charged $90 for shipping and used UPS ground.

Insurance on a $4000 machine is probably some of that…but ya $95 for everyone and the extra is “handling” charge.  If their “accounting team” was behind on what seems like not a ton of orders then imagine the delays if they gave shipping options and pricing relative to costs across the country.

4 hours ago, Benoit61 said:

Are the min req for the new fsx out yet ? I don’t want to buy a Pc that doesn’t run the new one … I’m looking at this one … thoughts ? Input ? Help please I’m computer illiterate 6CC39602-A8FB-44AD-9EFA-11D6E9116C76.jpeg.979f6a2a0acc782be7fe1e91ab4f0b30.jpeg

Been looking into this quite a bit.  Seems the 1660super graphics card would be ok to run it on at least medium settings 1080p.  Not sure what the price is on that system you showed but the best deal I’ve found on 1660super is $899 from Microcenter if you have one in your area.  Intel i5 9400 is two generations old processor.  This one has an i5 11400 though smaller hard drive but you could add one for relatively cheap.

edit:  just searched Best Buy Canada and hoo boy you’re probably paying 10-20% more than US with equivalent specs.  Also not a ton of options outside of dell, Hp, Lenovo other than higher priced rigs.

Edited by kwettig

11 minutes ago, Benoit61 said:

Medium settings … so I guess to run this full blast I need a quite good setup … tjs is for the help … back to the drawing board … this one is asking 1000$ Canadian used but I haven’t bartered yet

Sorry to say, but you probably already know its a terrible market for computer parts. If you're trying to go full blast on 4k I'd suggest a 2070 at least to help "future proof" yourself a little incase FSX Play is very demanding, which imo appears to be from that one Youtube video. Not only will the Graphics card handle the visuals, but it will also be used at the same time for physics rendering. If you got the cash to burn then a 3080 graphics card

Edited by Jpan08

6 minutes ago, Jpan08 said:

Sorry to say, but you probably already know its a terrible market for computer parts. If you're trying to go full blast on 4k I'd suggest a 2070 at least to help "future proof" yourself a little incase FSX Play is very demanding, which imo appears to be from that one Youtube video. Not only will the Graphics card handle the visuals, but it will also be used at the same time for physics rendering. If you got the cash to burn then a 3080 graphics card

Yes extremely tough market.  And the trouble with prebuilt stuff is it rarely ever comes with anything you really want that you can upgrade around in the future or you pay through the nose for it.  Basically have to buy a new case, cooling, ram, storage and motherboard with any of them so paying for cpu and gpu.  Going to hope that Black Friday and cyber Monday have something reasonable or start camping out at Best Buy waiting to buy a good graphics card at msrp.  Anyone going the prebuilt route and wanting to upgrade in the future beware of the big names(dell, hp, etc) as they use proprietary stuff that you can’t easily upgrade or swap out.

So i ordered my launch pro through my pro (had a s*** ton of pro shop credit). Put the order in the day before presale and the bushnell rep said great, you are the first order for New England. Im thinking yah, ill be one of the first to get it. Talked to Bushnell yesterday, they said they are only filling online orders and i should expect it 1st quarter 2022. Woof

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kwettig said:

Insurance on a $4000 machine is probably some of that…but ya $95 for everyone and the extra is “handling” charge.  If their “accounting team” was behind on what seems like not a ton of orders then imagine the delays if they gave shipping options and pricing relative to costs across the country.

Yes, assuming most is insurance.  I’m just very concerned that it hasn’t been scanned in 3 days.  Normally UPS ground is at least scanning it once a day.  I’ve had so many bad experiences with UPS and FedEx this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmnx973 said:

Yes, assuming most is insurance.  I’m just very concerned that it hasn’t been scanned in 3 days.  Normally UPS ground is at least scanning it once a day.  I’ve had so many bad experiences with UPS and FedEx this year.

Notice all my Items dont get scanned or updated till they arrive on island lately.  I live in Hawaii,  All packages lately have not shown movement from original destination till the final scan.

Their system might be really slow to update, or they are not scanning till final destination its been like this for 3 weeks now and about 6 packages.  

• Like 1

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

On 10/12/2021 at 2:44 AM, gibbiesmalls said:

I understand.  One last point..

These devices aren't jailbroken like a phone typically is so there is no potential harm to any hardware.  It's usually software on the PC you're connecting the launch monitor to that performs all the breaking (in the form of software), because it's the PC you're connecting to that you're using to siphon all the data points from FSX2020 to then be used by other golf sim software (TGC, etc.).

No firmware or modules are ever installed in the launch monitor so there is zero risk of "bricking" your LM.  The work-arounds are always software and they're only on the PC. In fact, I'd be shocked if the current work-arounds for the Quad won't work for the GC3. We shall see.

It's interesting how easily the gc2/q have been cracked in this way and yet nobody has cracked a skytrak. Given how excellent the gc2/q engineering is it seems strange foresight were unable to implement sufficiently robust encryption...

5 minutes ago, James495738 said:

It's interesting how easily the gc2/q have been cracked in this way and yet nobody has cracked a skytrak. Given how excellent the gc2/q engineering is it seems strange foresight were unable to implement sufficiently robust encryption...

Is there any need to crack a Skytrak? It is already compatible with pretty much all the major sim options - it seems like the only reason to look for a workaround with foresight is being limited to their expensive and (by all accounts) low quality sim software.

On 10/7/2021 at 4:45 PM, WallysWorld said:

if you ever plan on using GS Pro, I have been adviced to stay away from laptops. 

Why so, and does this only apply to GSPro?

Im trying so see if this would fit the bill for FSPlay and all the Foresight software. Anyone use these Dell G15 Laptops?

C6321B78-C042-4FFB-AB20-542E6218ACD4.jpeg

7 hours ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Why so, and does this only apply to GSPro?

Im trying so see if this would fit the bill for FSPlay and all the Foresight software. Anyone use these Dell G15 Laptops?

C6321B78-C042-4FFB-AB20-542E6218ACD4.jpeg

I'm told windows 11 is not compatable. That graphics card will work but it's on the lower end. I was told to be safe you should have nothing lower than 3060 and 16 GB of usable RAM. I went with this.

8E12C2A8-8990-4CD3-99A0-8A6BE5505A16.png

Edited by jcrews5508

Passmark G3D Scores

The 3060(12341) laptop gpu looks closely correlated to the 1660super(12691) desktop gpu.  The 3050(9108) laptop gpu is between the minimum spec 1050ti(6331) and the lowest recommended card the 1060(9693).  So the 3050 laptop is just slightly better than minimum spec for FSX 2020.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

I'm told windows 11 is not compatable. That graphics card will work but it's on the lower end. I was told to be safe you should have nothing lower than 3060 and 16 GB of usable RAM. I went with this.

8E12C2A8-8990-4CD3-99A0-8A6BE5505A16.png

It make sense the Windows 11 isn't compatible yet since it was just released earlier this month.  

Is there a reason everyone is looking at laptops instead of a tower.  I plan on running one with the tower I have built currently.  May have to upgrade the processor and motherboard.  But the 1080Ti that I have will run any of this just fine.

I am not exactly sure why FSX2020 AMD processors aren't recommended and why they don't show what generation Intel is best.  And why they don't support AMD video cards.

9 minutes ago, mikewohlwend said:

It make sense the Windows 11 isn't compatible yet since it was just released earlier this month.  

Is there a reason everyone is looking at laptops instead of a tower.  I plan on running one with the tower I have built currently.  May have to upgrade the processor and motherboard.  But the 1080Ti that I have will run any of this just fine.

I am not exactly sure why FSX2020 AMD processors aren't recommended and why they don't show what generation Intel is best.  And why they don't support AMD video cards.

Probably a matter of validation and testing.  Either they hadn't tested it on AMD or they did and they found performance to be lacking.  It is probably a situation where it would work.  But, if something were to happen you wouldn't get any support trying to fix it.  

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

28 minutes ago, mikewohlwend said:

I spoke to Foresight about AMD processors.  They said it should work fine but they’ve had overheating problems with AMD processors and poorly vented laptops. 

51 minutes ago, The Green Jacket said:

I have been trying to post the link to the review of the GC3 that just came out from a certain spy website but it wont let me

I saw that today.  I guess I want to see an average joe's review of it.  Not even TXG review would satisfy me.  I want completely unbiased user review.  I might just have to do it myself once I get mine.

• Like 2

Swing hard in case you hit it!