Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Even from the steaming pile a mushroom can grow.  We took our little show on the road this weekend to a course I do not like, which is weird, but I don't.  It is a hard course, but it is also a very easy course... for me anyway.

What do the pros say, "The course suits my eyes..." well this course is that in spades.  My length off the tee means I am always hitting to the widest part of the fairway since I can't play it through the landing area, and for some reason the mounds, etc. near the greens actually give me confidence rather than concern, its as if it opens up a whole half of the green.  Then we factor in the back is responding well to the BAC therapy, and with the swing changes back to what I was, well, there is a recipe.

Shot of the day?  Perhaps some of you can relate to this.  125 yards out on top of the hill middle of the fairway.  Birdie and I am even par.  I start the backswing and catch the club.  In this situation a lot of guys would stop the swing, but P3P decides to continue on and he rocks the el hosel to the right of the fairway.  From 85 yards I knock it to about 8' and miss the putt.  2 over, but it was fun, if not uninspiring.

• Like 2

Partial Standings

P3P        16-5-1     

P48        16-6           2x Buff. MNF

NCL        16-6

CH          15-11-1      2x Buff. MNF

DOC        11-9

Q             12-11         2x Buff. MNF

G1           11-12-1

Com.       8-14-1

• Like 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

I wasn't expecting this kind of round when I tee'd it up at 11 AM down in Landrum, SC. My latest golf work?  Let's see I'll gave myself a B- for my ball striking efforts while P48 was in town (not including my solid driver game) and currently we all know my putting game is absolutely atrocious. I knew I liked the green speeds at Tryon much better the country clubs offerings in Asheville. I figured I would be battling to keep it at 80 flat for the day. 

68* with a vast clear blue sky. Some wind from time to time at 10-20 mph. 

Stan worked at tournament Sunday at CCA and was too gassed to play. Steve was there and Mike got 2 others. We headed out as a fivesome. Carl, Dr. Steve, Mike, LP, and Andrew, yes I finally got to play with the cool college boy from the pro shop.  4 golf carts in the group.

A routine fairway and green with two putts to start the round. On two I stood over 122 yards in and pulled 9 iron. Whoa pay attention it was almost jarred. Two inch putt for birdie number one. Except for my only 3 putt on 5 that caused a bogey I pretty much hit the middle of the fairways and planted my approach shots in the middle of greens. I made the turn at even. In the middle of the front 9 it donned on me that perhaps I was having one of those rare super calm mental state rounds that was combined with a "so ON" swing.

Effortlessly I was launching my shots on line starting on the first hole. 

I've said it a bunch before in my recaps of playing Tryon...... that I believe if I par number 10 (by far the toughest hole on the course) and I am having a solid round at that point then my final number for the day has a chance to be rather savory. I can be an anxious mental golfer out there and I often get caught up in thinking ahead. So I smoke some more dope and talk to the squirrels, balance patient golfer balance. I hit a five iron over water from 160 to 12 feet and two putted it for my 4 on ten.  Ok, it's even through 10 is it? Let's Gooooooo! 

On eleven I chipped it 8 feet past and failed save it. One over thru eleven. 12 the medium length par 3 saw me hit a six iron to 7 feet. I missed the curler so it was a par but I still relished my nailed iron tee shot in close. Then it was a par on 13th  the par 4 with what I feel is the most intimidating approach shot on the golf course. Though only playing 125 ish the rock wall on the other side of the pond that fronts the green (which is mighty narrow front to back) intimidates most golfers. I hit a 9 iron to 11 feet. 2 putts and it's a par and again another trouble is lurking hole proves tame. 

Photo 2 is of Carl hitting an approach into 13 green for reference. On the next hole the uphill par 5 14th I nailed a drive and then a 3 wood and got an easy birdie from 70 yards out. Even through 14. Two solid pars on the next two. On 17 I failed to get it up and down. One over with one to play.

On 18 an uphill par 5...... I pushed my drive a bit (my only poor effort with driver on the day so who's bitchin'?).  I next had to carve a 5 iron around a tree with a hold off fade to get back in position to come into the green. I took care of business. I had 135 in. I told myself middle of the green once more commish as it's been that game plan that has proved the wise play all afternoon. I drained my last putt of the day from 25 feet on the 18th green for my 3rd birdie.

I shot an even par 72.

Some numbers 

14 fairways

14 greens

3 birdie putts fell but many others refused to do so

1  three putt

Who knew that was coming ? I certainly did not expect that solid of a performance today. But wait, today was today was the 18th of October and I was driving cart #60.  These things one would think helped. 😉

Lots of fun out there today. 

The city boy from up north had a fine round down south. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Week 7  Lines for Picks 

Thursday Night

Denver            at           Cleveland -3 1/2                                             43

Sunday 

Cincy              at             Baltimore -6 1/2                                            47

Carolina -3     at             NY Giants                                                      43

Washington   at             Green Bay -9 1/2                                           49

KC -4 1/2        at             Tennessee                                                     56

Atlanta -2 1/2  at             Miami                                                            47 1/2

NY Jets           at             New England -7                                            42 1/2

Detroit             at            LA Rams -15                                                   50

Philly               at             Las Vegas -3                                                  49

Chicago          at             Tampa -13 1/2                                                47

Houston          at             Arizona -17                                                     47 1/2

Sunday Night

Indy                 at            San Fran -3 1/2                                               45

Monday Night

New Orleans -4 1/2 at     Seattle                                                           43 1/2 

• Like 1

Standings through week 6 

P3P        16-5-1     

P48        16-8           

NCL        16-6

CH          15-13-1  

DOC        11-9

Q             12-13        

G1           11-12-1

Com.       8-14-1

Congratulations are going out to NCL for winning week 6 with a 3-0 performance.

▷ Fireworks: Animated Images, Gifs, Pictures & Animations - 100% FREE!

Hooray SUNY Plattsburgh. I am told this guy will play under any conditions. You are a hardy golfer there Lance. 

Best Golf Ice GIFs | Gfycat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, touch said:

Standings through week 6 

P3P        16-5-1     

P48        16-8           

NCL        16-6

CH          15-13-1  

DOC        11-9

Q             12-13        

G1           11-12-1

Com.       8-14-1

One of the most overlooked times in pop/rock history is the late 70's.  The disco movement was happening, classic rock was beginning to wane as a genre as people tired of Green Grass and High Tides and Stairway to Heaven, and the punk movement was starting to take shape in the US after it had sort of flamed out in the UK.  Then there was a band of three from the UK led by Paul Weller who were a mix-up of all of them who took the UK by storm, but remain little known back here in the states.  Yeah, every once in a while you might hear Town Called Malice or Start!, but by and large the band seemed to never get mainstream traction in the US.  In the month of October they released a number of the albums, and then they broke up in the early 1980's.

In the City was their first album, and frankly it rocks pretty danged hard.  The live version of In the City is exceptional from Dig the New Breed. But the song in question is I've Changed my Address.  The Colts have to still be reeling from their midnight departure from Baltimore for a buck.  Lydell Mitchell and Bert Jones are still salty I am sure.  The karma that has followed has been nothing short of mind-bending.  I don't know anything about these two teams, but I like the SF Giants... er, 49'ers, to come out on top.  Give me the Niners and -3.5 (I think this is a prime time pick as well).

Down in the Tube Station at Midnight is a poignant look at social malaise of the London culture, and it in many ways reflects what we still do today, but I will say, this is my favorite song and it rocks pretty hard (in my estimation).  So in a nod to social malaise as noted in the song, I am going to stick this pick in the deep south.  Give me the Arthur Blank led Falcons to squeak by the Dolphins.  I can't even reference the players, but I feel it.  ATL -2.5.

Last one, and this is for their final track on their final album, and it sometimes gets on the radio.  Its called a Town Called Malice, and if the news reports are correct, Baltimore is much more than crab cakes and Poe.  Anyway, the Ravens should be huddled in a ball of injury woes and decrying the unfair NFL schedule because so many people are hurt.  Well, if you want to get well, you play the Bengals.  I keep waiting for them to take proverbial flight with Burrows and Chase, but I just don't see them getting on the field to much with the Raven running game.  Give me the points and I am taking Balt -6.5

Hope everyone is doing well, and swing through the ball, not at it.

• Like 3

Today it's a mid afternoon tee time at CCA for me. Stan has two new guys joining us for the round. Tuesday is another bright and sunny autumn day  in the mountainous part of North Carolina. Yes I shot even yesterday but I don't expect close to the same results today. CCA is a big boy course in comparison to Tryon. So let's call it I'm going in excited with curiosity. 

Edited by touch

C H you better scare up a trod and reel and take a few heaves into surf instead of only watching baseball. We want to see what you bring ashore as you always catch something. What might C H pull out of the waves of the Panhandle you ask? My money's on a raggedy old Hooter's tank top.  😁

I'm always grateful when mother nature delivers me two fine golf weather days in a row for my weekend.

68* clear and no wind. 

My heavens did it get cold though during our finishing holes when the sun dropped down into the mountains.

It was a packed all day at the C.C. of Asheville. For some reason play was starting on the back today. Finally we got the green light to go at 3:25. Stan brought two new players to our Tuesday afternoon game. Frank works part time at another area C.C. and Tom is a retired guy who frequents Stan's restaurant. Frank and I rode together. We got in a good 40 minutes on the range before our round but it was filled with members so it hit limited balls. No issues for me on the range. I rolled a few but that never matters at CCA because the greens there fry my tail 8 out of 10 rounds. One needs a confident putting mindset and talent with the wand to tackle greens like these. P3P  and P48 can handle the hard stuff like CCA, I cannot but accept it and do not let it ruin my round. It is frustrating as hell though. 

I absolutely crushed driver today. In fact Stan noticed that I hit my drives 20-25 yards past my normal spots in the fairways all day. I'd better pee in a cup. 😄 Naw since I have had consecutive weeks of finding fairway's I now can really trust it and let my driver swing max out and hit red line. It's such rush and I hope the trend continues for a while longer because I like the high.  I hit a few 240 today. Seriously HUGE for me.

3 wood solid to lay up just short of the creek on 10 our first hole, then I go over the top bad with a hybrid for the approach that it rattles a tree by the creek and falls in play one driver length from the red stakes. My lord that was bad. I should have been in the mucky creek and fighting for a 6. Stan asks what are you doing over there, I respond with this the result of the worst over the top yank approach shot that I've had this month and I'm lucky it I am in bounds. I got it on but did not make the 15 footer. On the easy par 4 11th I hit the fairway and green but already on the second I had my first 3 jack. Two over after 2. On our third hole I hit once again a 9 iron extra stiff, one foot putt for birdie. A par next then a messy double involving again a 3 putt. Par single single got me to the 9th tee. I hit my drive extra far and got into a small fairway bunker that I have never reached before. I suck at full shots from fairway bunkers. I nipped a 9 iron so pure it hit with major spin and pulled back to 5 feet of the pin. I have not hit a better fairway bunker shot in decades. I missed the putt. Made the turn with a 5 over 40. Inconsistent as all get out I was on the opening 9. Missed one fairway on the front and had 19 putts. 

I three putted 10 for bogey. You keeping track of the three whacks guys? Lol that's me at CCA. Made a par on the par 5 11th.

Our next hole was a down hill par 3 playing 153. Photo two for reference. I spew out on the tee box "who is going flag hunting with me and who is playing it safe and going for the meat of the green? Call your shots here boys just like in billiards." All three took the safe route and hit shots in the middle of the green. I was last to hit. The Jester shouts......You dudes are no fun, I guess when you have lived in Vegas for a decade every now and then you have to have some action. I pure an 8 iron that I like but know it is on a line that if it doesn't cut a hair more I might not hit putting surface. I watched intently but in the end it was 1-2 lousy feet too far left of the collar and kicked away from the green. It was such a good shot that was just a touch off line. Had it of hit the collar or green it would have been an uphill 3 footer for birdie. Well it came to rest in the thick stuff. I did not get my second shot on the green, rather I stubbed it into the bunker. I finished the hole with a double bogey 5 while the other's made pars. I then think to myself as I walk to the cart that the gambler's spirit cost you big time there hot shot.   LOL    

So as I stood on the 13th tee I remember thinking this has been quite the unsettled round that I have going this afternoon. 5 over front and now 3 over after three on the back. 8 over for the day at this point. I told myself to keep grinding because I truly felt I wasn't far off. Then somehow I got more sharp. I can't tell you how I flipped the switch. I hit the fairways and all the greens in regulation on the remaining 6 holes and I did not 3 putt any of them. I carded six straight pars to finish my day with an 8 over 79. 

Two of my favorite tracks were played this week and I was 8 over par for the two rounds combined.

8 over sounds real good for two rounds at my level, I'll surely take it. 

The sunshine and that fresh air.....Bravo!

Fall is looking good in the mountains. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Week 7  Lines for Picks 

Thursday Night

Denver            at           Cleveland -3 1/2                                             43

Sunday 

Cincy              at             Baltimore -6 1/2                                            47

Carolina -3     at             NY Giants                                                      43

Washington   at             Green Bay -9 1/2                                           49

KC -4 1/2        at             Tennessee                                                     56

Atlanta -2 1/2  at             Miami                                                            47 1/2

NY Jets           at             New England -7                                            42 1/2

Detroit             at            LA Rams -15                                                   50

Philly               at             Las Vegas -3                                                  49

Chicago          at             Tampa -13 1/2                                                47

Houston          at             Arizona -17                                                     47 1/2

Sunday Night

Indy                 at            San Fran -3 1/2                                               45

Monday Night

New Orleans -4 1/2 at     Seattle                                                           43 1/2 

• Like 1

Week 7 Picks

P3P(16-5-1)        Atlanta                  Baltimore                 SAN FRAN 

NCL(16-6)

P48(16-8)        Cincy/Balt OVR       ATL/MIA UNDR        NOrleans/Seattle OVR

CH(15-13-1)       Cincy                     LA Rams                 Det/LA Rams UNDR

Doc(11-9)

Q (12-13)       NEW Engl                     NE/NY OVR               Wash/GB UNDR

G1(11-12-1)

touch(8-14-1)   

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, touch said:

Week 7  Lines for Picks 

Thursday Night

Sunday 

Sunday Night

Monday Night

Week 7 Picks:  (Subject to change)

1. Bungles +6.5

2. LAR -15

3. DET/LAR U50

• Like 1

Bunch of rotten games this weekend - so going with totals!

Cincy              at             Baltimore    OVER 47

Atlanta            at             Miami        UNDER 47 1/2

New Orleans           at     Seattle      OVER 43 1/2 

• Like 2

Well since you asked. We did a little pier fishing last evening. Caught 6 hardhead catfish and 2 remoras. The remoras are ugly as sin. They are a suckerfish that attach to sharks and eat parasites off the shark. Gentlemen at the end of the pier was hootin and holler in. Walk down and he caught a triple tail. Beautiful sunset yesterday. 

56EAF780-A9B3-40C5-9E90-6A5FA4B2EA68.jpeg

F9CC50A2-1524-4421-B835-AA70801A1D94.jpeg

E386E614-DA4C-4D73-BED2-3CEC384035F9.jpeg

8C86950A-BBBC-4FEE-BA3E-6DA015D6D9D5.jpeg

2B2DF557-B5B8-4AE6-AEAB-D71F34A193F5.jpeg

2AA7802C-4194-4302-A306-BAA0FE9FAF8C.jpeg

• Like 4

CH that striped black and white catfish is a pretty stunning looking fish. Racing stripes! Yes the other guy gets the ugly award.

Thank for posting your fish.

• Like 1

Week 7 Picks

NCL(16-6)

P48(16-8)        Cincy/Balt OVR       ATL/MIA UNDR        NOrleans/Seattle OVR

CH(15-13-1)       Cincy                     LA Rams                 Det/LA Rams UNDR

Doc(11-9)

Q (12-13)

G1(11-12-1)

touch(8-14-1)   

Two very busy days here at work.

Final golf tournament of the season.   

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

May be an image of text that says 'NFL Tiers Week 6: Super Bowl Hopefuls 100% will losein lose AFC/NFC Champ Game Playoffish Teams Not good, not bad Remember when you guys were 3 and everyone thought you were good Bad Bad team that everyone ikes because they feel bad for you moവ Lost a team that lost 20 straight'

• Like 2

FULL HOMER ALERT ALERT ALERT

Last 2/3 weeks I am 1-9. Getting hammered with BOLD PICKS. So of course I will make two more. Gotta turn it around, and as P8 stated above games this week suck. So am going back to Pats and the Wright Bros. Two fer. 

PATRIOTS -7         After giving up 32,000 yds against the Cowboys D gets some guys back and all fired up. 

PATS/WRIGHT BROS    OVER 42.5        Pats opened it a little last week and more this week. OL is slowly getting healthy kinda. 

Wash/G.B       Under 49.5              35-13

Edited by Qqq123xx

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Week 7 Picks

NCL(16-6)         Denver                      Denver/Clev UNDR    New England 

P48(16-8)        Cincy/Balt OVR       ATL/MIA UNDR       NOrleans/Seattle OVR

Doc(11-9)

Q (12-13)       NEW England                 NE/NY OVR            Wash/GB UNDR

G1(11-12-1)

touch(8-14-1)   

Standings 

P3P        16-5-1     

P48        16-8           

NCL        16-6

CH          15-13-1  

DOC        11-9

Q             12-13        

G1           11-12-1

Com.       8-14-1

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Week 7  Lines for Picks 

Thursday Night

Sunday 

Sunday Night

Monday Night

Week 7 Picks

NCL(16-6)         Denver                      Denver/Clev UNDR    New England 

P48(16-8)        Cincy/Balt OVR       ATL/MIA UNDR       NOrleans/Seattle OVR

Doc(11-9)

Q (12-13)       NEW England                 NE/NY OVR            Wash/GB UNDR

G1(11-12-1)

touch(8-14-1)