Adidas Golf 2022

44 minutes ago, bogey__golf said:

You would think now more than ever companies would want keep their name positive.

I've always been a fan of Adidas quality too. Most of my golf clothing is Adidas, but I probably will stay away from the shoes for the foreseeable future. 

I tried to reason them by putting it into context. If I golfed 3 times per week, these shoes wouldn't have lasted a month. They weren't having it.

Sorry to hear about the Adidas problems. I have been wearing Tour 360's since their beginning in all platforms including Tour knits. Walk 100+ rds a year, rotate about 3-4 pair thru the year and have had zero problems with any model.

Adidas isn’t going to do anything about the spikes starting to break. The email I received from them basically stated that they won’t replace them because the damage came from “normal wear and tear.”  $210 shoes having non replaceable spike that start to break after 3 months shouldn’t be “normal”. 

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

On 3/3/2022 at 9:45 AM, areksoo25 said:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the CodeChaos 22 doesn't exist (yet).  The new ones out right now are the original CodeChaos (from 2020) in new CWs.  Adidas' website just calls them CodeChaos and not CodeChaos 22.  

I suspect the CodeChaos 22 will come out later in the year.  This would follow the same pattern as the CodeChaos 21.  Those came out later on in the season and were not part of any spring/summer catalog.  

Also further speculation, I think it could possibly have a completely new redesign based on Adidas typically (but not always) like to use the same midsole/sole for 2 iterations of the shoe, so it's possible if there is a CodeChaos 22, then we could see a complete redesign.  My hope is they don't touch the Boost, but fix the issues with the soles.  I only have a few rounds and a couple of simulator sessions with my CodeChaos 21 and there is some serious cracking and separation with the sole.  

So... looks like I was right.  There there is a new CodeChaos 22 and a completely new design with a new sole:

Codechaos_22_Recycled_Polyester_Spikeles

Good:  Looks like the Boost is still there.  Also no price hike (Priced at $200 CAD.  I'm guessing $150USD).

Bad:  "Waterproof film over textile upper"  I read this is not waterproof at all. 

Not sure:  They are still using 2 different colors in the sole.  For many people who experienced sole cracking/tearing, it mainly happened between the different colored part.   The groove by the toes will definitely help the toes be more flexible.  The white part looks like it was brought further down the foot, so that might help with the cracking in the lower part.  Hard to say if it does anything or if Adidas only made it worse.  

It's an interesting design... I kinda like the look.  I think a different CW would look better, but I like weird shoes.  These somewhat remind me of the Yeezy 450... which is a shoe that many hate, but I like.  I think a lot of people will be turned off from look of these, so that's great.  I'll pick them up when they are heavily discounted.  

These are on Adidas' Canadian website.  They are on the US site yet.

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 5:01 AM, jah7838 said:

Adidas isn’t going to do anything about the spikes starting to break. The email I received from them basically stated that they won’t replace them because the damage came from “normal wear and tear.”  $210 shoes having non replaceable spike that start to break after 3 months shouldn’t be “normal”. 

Or you should buy shoes with replaceable spikes...that's an option

Paradym 9.5

Rogue ST Max HL 3wd (really a 4wd)

Apex Pro 21 3 & 4

Apex 21 Mixed Combo Set 5-A

Jaws 5 54* C-grind

PM Grind 2.0  58*

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

50 minutes ago, Is Golf Fun or Work said:

Or you should buy shoes with replaceable spikes...that's an option

I normally do.  This is the first pair that I've ever purchased without the replaceable spikes.  It'll be the last pair that I purchase like this without the replaceable spikes.  It's more of the expectation durability for the price paid.  

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

On 5/16/2022 at 2:51 PM, areksoo25 said:

So... looks like I was right.  There there is a new CodeChaos 22 and a completely new design with a new sole:

Good:  Looks like the Boost is still there.  Also no price hike (Priced at $200 CAD.  I'm guessing $150USD).

Bad:  "Waterproof film over textile upper"  I read this is not waterproof at all. 

Not sure:  They are still using 2 different colors in the sole.  For many people who experienced sole cracking/tearing, it mainly happened between the different colored part.   The groove by the toes will definitely help the toes be more flexible.  The white part looks like it was brought further down the foot, so that might help with the cracking in the lower part.  Hard to say if it does anything or if Adidas only made it worse.  

It's an interesting design... I kinda like the look.  I think a different CW would look better, but I like weird shoes.  These somewhat remind me of the Yeezy 450... which is a shoe that many hate, but I like.  I think a lot of people will be turned off from look of these, so that's great.  I'll pick them up when they are heavily discounted.  

These are on Adidas' Canadian website.  They are on the US site yet.

lol these guys need some help, horrible 

Paradym 10.5

Rogue ST Max 3W HL 16.5 

Rogue ST Max 3 Hybrid 18 

Apex DCB 21 4-AW 

JAWS RAW 52 56 

Odyssey Versa #9 34 inch

On 4/27/2022 at 11:57 PM, JSSPRADLIN said:

Are you talking about the ZG21 motion?  If so I don't recommend those.  Can't speak for others but that polyester material does not look like it will hold up or be easy to keep clean.  Now the standard ZG21.....that's what you should go with.  

Did you actually buy them or are you just assuming based on what they "look like"?

I think I'm going to give the funky green BOAs a shot. Have a very loud outfit they'd be perfect for.spacer.png

Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Blue 6X

Ping G410 2H

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

I've worn tour 360s forever but don't really like the look of the new 2022 version with the non-replaceable spikes.  As I also have spikeless shoes the durability seems fine, but I want a pair of spiked shoes, with replaceable spikes, for times when you want better traction. Not being able to replace the spikes defeats the purpose and you might was well purchase spikeless instead.  Plus the way the Boost foam rolls up the back of the shoe is pretty unappealing too.  Doesn't look like many of the Tour pros like them either as everyone I see has the ZG-21 shoes instead.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 5:08 PM, jimb6golf said:

I've worn tour 360s forever but don't really like the look of the new 2022 version with the non-replaceable spikes.  As I also have spikeless shoes the durability seems fine, but I want a pair of spiked shoes, with replaceable spikes, for times when you want better traction. Not being able to replace the spikes defeats the purpose and you might was well purchase spikeless instead.  Plus the way the Boost foam rolls up the back of the shoe is pretty unappealing too.  Doesn't look like many of the Tour pros like them either as everyone I see has the ZG-21 shoes instead.

I really rate the ZG21’s.  Very comfy.  I have always been a tour 360 user until this year.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 1:42 AM, Celeras said:

Did you actually buy them or are you just assuming based on what they "look like"?

I think I'm going to give the funky green BOAs a shot. Have a very loud outfit they'd be perfect for.spacer.png

I did not actually buy them, but only the portion on the toe of the shoe seemed to be treated to repel water/stains/etc.  Everything up near the laces looked like it would absorb dirt and moisture.  One of the things about the regular ZG21s is how easy they are to clean.  The grooves of the motion version plus the different in material that's not treated made it a no for me.  

Titleist TSR2

Sim Max 3W

Titleist U505 2-iron

T200 (4-5)

T150 (6-P)

Vokey SM9 (5012F, 5614F, 608M)

Odyssey AI-One double wide DB

On 5/19/2022 at 9:39 PM, JSSPRADLIN said:

I did not actually buy them, but only the portion on the toe of the shoe seemed to be treated to repel water/stains/etc.  Everything up near the laces looked like it would absorb dirt and moisture.  One of the things about the regular ZG21s is how easy they are to clean.  The grooves of the motion version plus the different in material that's not treated made it a no for me.  

Gotcha. I ordered the pair above so I'll report back.

Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Blue 6X

Ping G410 2H

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

Just on the spikes on the Tour 360 22’s, just played my 60th round (55 of them walking) in both heavy wet / winter and 30 degree heat!  no issues at all with the soles or the spikes.. on in fact any of the waterproofing / uppers! Fairly abused too as courses I have played have gorse, heather, brambles and other thorny rough! Am going to buy another pair (hoping they drop some other ltd soon!) only as I have been wearing these a little too much! Great pair of shoes

anyone have any insight if the codechaos 22 are gonna drop in europe???

TM QI10 LS 9* - Hzrdus Smoke Green PVD 60 6.5 TX 

TM QI10 Tour 13* - Tour AD HD 7TX

TM P790 2 Iron - Ventus Blue Proto 9X or TM QI10 7 Wood - HZRDUS Black GEN 4 80 6.5

TM P7MB 4-PW - Project X 7.0

TM MG4 - 52* & 58*, MG High Toe 64* - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Monterey / SC Phantom 5.5 / TM Spider GTX / TM Spider Armlock

• 2 weeks later...

Played my first round in the new tour 360 22 shoes yesterday. Was in considerable pain after seven holes and left the course after 18 with a severely skinned left heel. Anyone any advice as to what to do with them. I love the boost cushioning and had no issues with the right foot, literally just my left heel was a bloody mess after the round. Really disappointed.....

6 minutes ago, Kevin Mee said:

Played my first round in the new tour 360 22 shoes yesterday. Was in considerable pain after seven holes and left the course after 18 with a severely skinned left heel. Anyone any advice as to what to do with them. I love the boost cushioning and had no issues with the right foot, literally just my left heel was a bloody mess after the round. Really disappointed.....

It's their new meat grinder tech...They don't really promote it much but a lot have mentioned it... ZG21 don't have it, so I would suggest trading those in for these... 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Kevin Mee said:

I have over ten rounds walking in the 22 Tour 360's. I have not had any heel issues as you and others have experienced. I did have a minor issue with my left ankle bone(outside) getting sore about 5 rounds in which I thought was quite odd considering I wore them around the house for a month or so before using them on the course.

One thing has got me thinking, I've had several pairs of Tour 360's in the past and I've always got 11.5. This year I got a pair of ZG21's in size 11 which are so comfortable!(bought them and walked 18 right out of the box). I've never tried on 360s in size 11 so I was thinking these 22's might be a little large. So what i did (and possible you could try this as well) is , I added a thin insole(walmart) under the stock insole. Let me tell ya! they are so comfortable and the slight agitation on my left ankle is gone!

Possibly , try that , it might help or get some ZG21's which are super comfortable right out of the box!

Titleist TSR2  10*

TaylorMade Burner Mini 13.5*

Titleist TSR2 16.5*

Ping G425 Hybrid 21*

Wilson Staff Utility 24*

Wilson D9 Forged 6-PW

Titleist SM9 50 F 54* S 58* M

Evnroll ER11v Midlock

Titleist ProV1

On 6/2/2022 at 7:31 AM, Kevin Mee said:

It took some breaking in of mine to get that to not happen. I had the same thing with previous Tour 360s, so for me it was nothing unexpected. Some time on the range, walking 9 holes here and there, and some rounds in a cart, and they’re fine now. Tabbed running socks help as well. 

WITB

20 minutes ago, Kevin Mee said:

Thanks for the replies folks. I'm assuming it is more than likely a breaking in issue so I'll persist with them( maybe wear extra thick socks next round). Saying that, Adidas have good offers on the zg21 here in Ireland at the moment so I might order a pair just as cover. 

I have the ZG21 and had severe rubbing on both of my heels after my first round wearing thinner short socks. Peeled skin and pain, the last few holes were brutal to make it through haha. I am having to wear longer thicker socks until they are broken in a bit

Callaway Rogue Max LS 9º  | Accra FX 3.0 260 M5

Titleist TSI2 13º | Accra FX 3.0 270 M5

Cobra LTDx 15º  | Tensei AV White 75X

Ping i59 4-PW | Project X LS 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM9 Jet Black 50.12F/54.10S@55/58.8M@60 |  Project X 6.0

Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

Titleist ProV1

I have the ZG21, and while they feel slightly long (10US—9.5US was too tight), they are very comfortable. No rubbing, and my feet feel great after walking 18. 

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G400 Max 9° (Ping Tour 65 Stiff)
FW: Callaway Rogue ST Max 3W 15° (Tensei Blue AV 65g Stiff), Titleist TSR2 7W 21° (Tensei Blue AV 65g Stiff)

Irons: Ping i210 4-PW (TT DG S300)
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56.12D Raw (TT DG S200), SM8 50.08F Raw (TT DG S200), 60.08M Raw (TT DG S300)

Putter: White Hot OG #7S Stroke Lab 
Bag: 2021 Ping Hoofer Lite (Grey/Navy/Scarlet)

6 hours ago, scousejon87 said:

New shoes from adidas?

996CA849-2C07-426C-A533-BCB9EC690059.png

He was wearing ZG21's during today's round.  Not sure the ones pictured above are golf shoes.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

1 hour ago, scousejon87 said:

Thought that might be the case but look very ZG21 and was thinking more along the lines of new colour 

It's probably the original CodeChaos.  There are very few golf shoes with the heel loop.  Also on the midsole you can see a slight color change.  That is where the sole tread comes up on the lateral side.  Like the red part in the pic below.  He's probably wearing a PE or possibly future CW of the original CodeChaos, as I don't believe an all white with black stripes ever came out.

712Za6vfoUL._AC_UX395_.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, areksoo25 said:

It's probably the original CodeChaos.  There are very few golf shoes with the heel loop.  Also on the midsole you can see a slight color change.  That is where the sole tread comes up on the lateral side.  Like the red part in the pic below.  He's probably wearing a PE or possibly future CW of the original CodeChaos, as I don't believe an all white with black stripes ever came out.

I agree with that you said.  Defo a bit of codechaos there.  

1 hour ago, areksoo25 said:

I thought they might be CodeChaos with the heel loop, but I couldn't find a colorway that matched.  Makes sense that they are a PE or maybe a future release. 

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g