Phabs WITB - Heavy on the Artisan

On 12/21/2021 at 11:42 AM, Phabs said:

Just got done installing my Garsen quad tour.  What a pain in the a** that was.. not super happy with how tight the grip fit the LAGP shaft, had to do a dry install with air. No way in hell it was going on with tape, the liner on the grip got chunked some how and created a herpe on the side of the grip.  Got to blow it off and get busy with the girlfriends dental tools and remove the flap of liner causing the issue.   I’m sure she’ll appreciate orange solvent scented dental scissors and picks.  🤣

After doing it twice the grip is on , straight and minus a herpe so we’re good to go.  Garsens grip liners are super soft just an fyi for anyone putting one on.  Be careful and make sure the shaft is fully deburred or you’ll suffer my same fate and end up at planned parenthood.  

The butts on the LAGP shafts are big, really big. I still am not quite sure how I got a 21" grip installed on a LAGP armlock shaft. Lot of brute force with high psi air. 

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

The butts on the LAGP shafts are big, really big. I still am not quite sure how I got a 21" grip installed on a LAGP armlock shaft. Lot of brute force with high psi air. 

Found that out the hard way.  I ended up going no tape and ton of solvent injection with about 70 psi of air.   Blew right on the second time but the first was complete struggle bus. 

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I was at like 100+ psi with the armlock shaft lol

I bet.  All the other grips I’ve put on Lagps haven’t been an issue at all, not even some of the gripmasters or a few of the other leather non stretch options.   That garsen whooped me for about twice as long as it should have.  I’m doing another garsen LAGP install tomorrow… I’ve at least got a game plan haha. 

Edited by Phabs

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Nice bag. Solid from top to bottom. I'm a big fan of the LAGP shafts too. That new putter is 🔥

Driver - Titleist TSi2 9* (A1) Autoflex SF505                   Frankenstein Irons:

3W - Ping G430 Tour 2.0 Chrome 75 (S)                         4i - PING i210

19* Hyb - Ping G430 Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 (S).                5i - Cobra King Tour (MIM)

Irons - 4-PW Maltby TS1 Nippon 950GH Stiff                 6i - Titleist T100

GW - Vokey SM8 50* F-grind                                           7i - Mizuno MP20 MMC

SW - Vokey SM8 54* D-grind (bent to 55)                      8i - Callaway X-Forged

LW - Vokey SM8 60* M-grind                                           9i - TaylorMade P7MC 

Putter - SeeMore PCB with LAGP SoHo                          PW - Srixon ZX-7

GW - Wilson Staff CB

8 hours ago, CUBuffaloes said:

Nice bag. Solid from top to bottom. I'm a big fan of the LAGP shafts too. That new putter is 🔥

Appreciate it.  Yeah I have 3 of the LAGP shafts and a stability polar.   I’ve installed about another 5 lagp’s and numerous  stabilities.  

The artisan is a nice putter, I’m terrified to take my compass tiger rep out of the bag.  I’ve been lights out with it the last 6-7 rounds.  Shot my low score of the year a month ago when I switched.   I’ll probably just bring both and roll them 9 holes per.   The artisan feels to sweet to sit on a shelf. 

• Like 1

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Got busy on some paintfill today.  The paintfill on the Nikes was pretty lack luster so I went though and redid the swooshes and touched up a few other spots.  Also redid the translucent red on my compass and went with artisans Texas theme color on the logo on the face.  Turned out well.. 

8A9C1A9F-F63C-47CA-A159-3F2D2F097282.jpeg

Edited by Phabs
  • Like 2

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

3 hours ago, smg6165 said:

Have you tried any other putter shafts. Like the kbs ct yours.

I’ve had pretty much all of them.  Stability’s, lagps, ct tours , one steps etc.  

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

On 12/30/2021 at 7:49 PM, smg6165 said:

Out of your experience, anything to avoid or must try?

Best cheap option is the KBS One Step without a doubt.  I didn’t like how the CT Tours felt.  Stability vs LAGP comes down to feel and preference.  

Edited by Phabs
  • Like 1

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

1 minute ago, mgude said:

What shaft tip size do you use on this blade? I am interested in trying the One Step on a Compass flow neck but I didn't know what size it was

Usually his stuff is 370.  I ordered mine with a 355 due to already having the shaft. 

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

1 hour ago, jsmcdon said:

I ran through 12 different putters in 2021. 😐

You’ve got me beat.  My compass head is going to be damn near impossible to dethrone right now.   If I use anything else it’ll just be to look down at something different, if the score counts the compass is in the bag. 

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

On 12/25/2021 at 2:03 AM, Phabs said:

Appreciate it.  Yeah I have 3 of the LAGP shafts and a stability polar.   I’ve installed about another 5 lagp’s and numerous  stabilities.  

The artisan is a nice putter, I’m terrified to take my compass tiger rep out of the bag.  I’ve been lights out with it the last 6-7 rounds.  Shot my low score of the year a month ago when I switched.   I’ll probably just bring both and roll them 9 holes per.   The artisan feels to sweet to sit on a shelf. 

How would compare toe hang fromSpecial Select Newport 2 and your Artisan? How would rate forgivness? I am assuming you have rolled or owned the Newport 2😂..

• Like 1

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

2 minutes ago, Wardonation said:

How would compare toe hang fromSpecial Select Newport 2 and your Artisan? How would rate forgivness? I am assuming you have rolled or owned the Newport 2😂..

I’m a 45* toe hang guy.  I did have a studio stainless Newport 2 in college and it was ok, didn’t last long. Being a blade putter there’s not a ton of forgiveness, not really a high moi head shape or weight at only 352 grams in the Artisan. The artisan feels better than any Cameron I’ve ever rolled including the super rat gss insert I just sold. 

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

• 2 months later...

Been a bit since the last update.. MP20’s are done and back in the bag.   Just got back from a 4 day tournament in AZ with them. 

412A9CA9-E69B-4F69-A065-7F3B5A790399.jpeg

• Like 3

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

• 2 weeks later...

First round of the year last Saturday.  Shot four under 68 on a easy course, absolutely no complaints.   First rounds of the year seem to be the best due to not having bad habits.  As the year creeps on my scores will get inconsistent and I’m good with it.   Putting was solid, irons were really good but drove the ball terribly.   Greens were really hairy so making anything was pretty lucky. 

Planning on going in for a driver fitting in a few weeks when I have the time, I’ll be interested if anything can kick the trusty TM M3 out of the bag.  Nothings been close the last two times I’ve attempted it.   

Working on getting some clubs moved so I can finalize the drawing on a new compass putter from Mike.  Thinking next round I’ll take the artisan for a spin. 

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

On 3/31/2022 at 8:16 PM, Phabs said:

First round of the year last Saturday.  Shot four under 68 on a easy course, absolutely no complaints.   First rounds of the year seem to be the best due to not having bad habits.  As the year creeps on my scores will get inconsistent and I’m good with it.   Putting was solid, irons were really good but drove the ball terribly.   Greens were really hairy so making anything was pretty lucky. 

Planning on going in for a driver fitting in a few weeks when I have the time, I’ll be interested if anything can kick the trusty TM M3 out of the bag.  Nothings been close the last two times I’ve attempted it.   

Working on getting some clubs moved so I can finalize the drawing on a new compass putter from Mike.  Thinking next round I’ll take the artisan for a spin. 

Still have an M3? Damn you may definitely find something much better this year, seems like the 2022 drivers from all brands are great, just finding the one for you.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

2 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Still have an M3? Damn you may definitely find something much better this year, seems like the 2022 drivers from all brands are great, just finding the one for you.

Problem is all the new stuff ive swung in the last few years is fade biased and I absolutely can’t stand hitting a cut with a driver.  Still need to go get my hands on everything this month and see 

Edited by Phabs

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

10 hours ago, Phabs said:

Problem is all the new stuff ive swung in the last few years is fade biased and I absolutely can’t stand hitting a cut with a driver.  Still need to go get my hands on everything this month and see 

Lots of the LST is fade biased especially the Stealth and Mas LS Triple Diamond. I found the Cobra to be pretty neutral. I didn't have much fade to it and I'm a big fader of the ball. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

On 4/2/2022 at 8:43 PM, MattM97 said:

Lots of the LST is fade biased especially the Stealth and Mas LS Triple Diamond. I found the Cobra to be pretty neutral. I didn't have much fade to it and I'm a big fader of the ball. 

Yeah I need to set up a fitting and go swing everything.  I wasn’t fan of the look of the cobra last year but maybe it’s better this year. 

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Just now, Phabs said:

Yeah I need to set up a fitting and go swing everything.  I wasn’t fan of the look of the cobra last year but maybe it’s better this year. 

It looked pretty similar to the Callaway to me or a TSi more rounded where the Ping is more stretched. To me didn't take much adjusting to get used to the Cobra one I set it down. 

But yeah swing everything, they're all long, they're all forgiving it's just finding that perfect fit for the glass slipper. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

I'm over here hoping I don't follow you down the LAGP rabbit hole. Since I picked up that stability from you, I've built 2 more up. The GF would love if I said "nah, these stabilities are great but I'm switching it up again". 

Love the irons you have. I really want to build up a nice combo set, but my beat up body is forever stuck in game improvement land.

2 hours ago, Obsessed said:

Those are MP20's?  looks like a cavity back - I thought MP20's were a blade

They’re the MP20 MMC’s. 

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

I

2 hours ago, kb7 said:

I'm over here hoping I don't follow you down the LAGP rabbit hole. Since I picked up that stability from you, I've built 2 more up. The GF would love if I said "nah, these stabilities are great but I'm switching it up again". 

Love the irons you have. I really want to build up a nice combo set, but my beat up body is forever stuck in game improvement land.

Haha!! Resist the urge… I still have a stability polar but I have a few lagp’s now one in my artisan and one on my compass tiger head.  The compass has been in the bag pretty solidly since I swapped the shaft to the lagolf.   

The Nikes really aren’t that tough to hit.  They look far more intimidating than they play. 

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

• 2 weeks later...

Went in for a driver fitting yesterday and wasn’t impressed yet again.  Warmed up with my M3 and had average distance of 313 with pretty optimal launch conditions and about a 5 yard draw.   Touched upper 170 ball speed on a few swings, was really trying to not step on the gas pedal and maintain a smooth transition/action.  Being in the gym 5 days a week for the last three months has helped in that respect significantly.  Don’t feel the need to ever have to swing outside myself to get distance. 

First I swung the Stealth plus, felt like I was hitting a cracked driver. Was 10 yards shorter than my M3.  Hit maybe 15 balls with it while making hosel adjustments to try and alter numbers. 

Swung the LST cobra next… went right … went right… went right.  Gave up on it even though the numbers were on par with my M3.  By the time we adjusted the hosel to get rid of the fade I didn’t want to look at it with a super closed address face. 

Hit the new callaway as the final club and it wasn’t for me from an address stand point. Looked super open and again went right even when I released early to really turn the club face over.  

Fitter said whatever magic I have in my M3 to bottle it.  So much for 2022 drivers.  I’d like to swing the Ping but after 80 driver swings with mediocre results I’d had enough.  Fitter only charged me for a sim rental rather than a 100 dollar fitting which was cool of him to do. 

I’ll see if I can swing a Ping out on a course or get a hold of my brothers new Tsi3 the next time we play.  

Edited by Phabs

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

• Phabs changed the title to Phabs WITB - Heavy on the Artisan