TM Stealth

MWhack

Anyone could test the Stealth for the little ones?
We dont have Ping or Cobra here, just USKids or OEM, so thought about Sim2Max or maybe even the Stealth dont know, kind of not a fan of USKids TS3 Driver.
Have been today in a Store and headweight is for both Sim2 12* and Stealth 12* Ladies the same, but they dont have any shafts my daughter could test the Driver.

1 minute ago, MWhack said:

We dont have Ping or Cobra here, just USKids or OEM, so thought about Sim2Max or maybe even the Stealth dont know, kind of not a fan of USKids TS3 Driver.
Have been today in a Store and headweight is for both Sim2 12* and Stealth 12* Ladies the same, but they dont have any shafts my daughter could test the Driver.

Define "little ones"

Age, height, and swing speed will allow those of us with experience to give you useful guidance.

1 minute ago, BloctonGolf11 said:

Define "little ones"

Age, height, and swing speed will allow those of us with experience to give you useful guidance.

8 Year, Girl, 51 height, 58-60mph, have seen some kids in my daughters height/age group with SIM2, so wondering if this is an alternative, or even the new Stealth
Have only 2 choices as said, USKids or OEM.

2 minutes ago, MWhack said:

8 Year, Girl, 51 height, 58-60mph, have seen some kids in my daughters height/age group with SIM2, so wondering if this is an alternative, or even the new Stealth
Have only 2 choices as said, USKids or OEM.

You can throw an OEM on there but it would be a mistake. At that age you will see virtually no benefit from an OEM head vs a USKids TS Head. The TS3 head in particular was a huge improvement over the TS2 heads. Until you are in the mid 60s - mid 70s swing speed you will not see a huge benefit over an OEM head mated to a Flynn shaft. She is 8, wait.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BloctonGolf11 said:

You can throw an OEM on there but it would be a mistake. At that age you will see virtually no benefit from an OEM head vs a USKids TS Head. The TS3 head in particular was a huge improvement over the TS2 heads. Until you are in the mid 60s - mid 70s swing speed you will not see a huge benefit over an OEM head mated to a Flynn shaft. She is 8, wait.

My daughter hates the sound of the USKids and me too, im not looking for a ultimate yardage win, i want her to feel comfortable. 
The TM Stealth head might be even a head for couple more years, cause there I would have buy only new shafts until she will be probably 12? and on some point her swingspeed will go up as well. Am I missing something ? 🙂 but sounds for me like a good deal, at least if you guys tell me the head will work for kids

Edited by MWhack
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, MWhack said:

My daughter hates the sound of the USKids and me too, im not looking for a ultimate yardage win, i want her to feel comfortable. 
The TM Stealth head might be even a head for couple more years, cause there I would have buy only new shafts until she will be probably 12? and on some point her swingspeed will go up as well. Am I missing something ? 🙂 but sounds for me like a good deal, at least if you guys tell me the head will work for kids

You came asking for advice, you got it, then discounted it so not sure why you asked. As someone who has been down the road I can tell you its not a good idea and others can speak on it as well.

Pros and cons. When mine was 7 I had her in a Ping G lofted up with a flynn/recoil shaft in her driver. uskg at that time was awful. At her age with todays tech I'd look at tsi1/ts1 as they would be much lighter. USKG TS line is a lot better than it was probably best but if you go oem then go light. tsi1 line is best due to overall head weight vs stealth or others. Now others you can remove wights ect buy wont be as light as ts1 line.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BloctonGolf11 said:

You came asking for advice, you got it, then discounted it so not sure why you asked. As someone who has been down the road I can tell you its not a good idea and others can speak on it as well.

Sorry for misunderstanding, if you guys would tell me something like to heavy and kinda worse than USKids for small kids, it would be ofc a no brainer to stay with the USKids line, but if there is not much of a difference and she can use OEM without harming her, than i dont mind the price tag to give her something else.

But will order now some Alto shafts and at least try some OEMs.
Thanks

Sorry for misunderstanding, if you guys would tell me something like to heavy and kinda worse than USKids for small kids, it would be ofc a no brainer to stay with the USKids line, but if there is not much of a difference and she can use OEM without harming her, than i dont mind the price tag to give her something else.

But will order now some Alto shafts and at least try some OEMs.
Thanks

At her age the TS3 is going to be significantly lighter than a regular OEM Stealth head. Most "women's heads" from OEMs are not lighter and if they are it is by only a few grams. My son swings a Callawy B21 Reva and it is a whopping 3 grams less than the male version head. Whereas the USKids TS3 is significantly lighter and an overall optimized club. Throw out looking at "Women's Heads" as that is meaningless. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kcct82 said:

Sim 2 Max is extremely adjustable. It’s 194g with 24g in the back and 4g in front. You can swap the front for a 2g and the back for a 6g weight. The new total will be 174g. Just saying it’s possible, but not really recommending you to build it that way though. 

you go that light you start changing its design. moi cg ect. shaving some off is good.  That's why I said ts1 by design its light.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kcct82 said:

Sim 2 Max is extremely adjustable. It’s 194g with 24g in the back and 4g in front. You can swap the front for a 2g and the back for a 6g weight. The new total will be 174g. Just saying it’s possible, but not really recommending you to build it that way though. 

Going from a 24 gram weight to a 6 gram is a terrible terrible terrible idea. 

• Like 1

You want your kid to be able to swing it fast.  They are not going to swing the Stealth fast at that age.  The Plus is 197 grams.  

To me and many others, if you put them into something heavy they learn to swing it slow.

Darter is an expert on drivers for little ones.

• Like 1

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

Ok then i will try to find a way to buy a Cobra or Ping in the US, dont like the fact that we cant test it before, but will just go blind then with the charts

Thanks

Don't be surprised if you actually lose distance or dispersion. There is a reason USKids TS is by far the majority of competitive girls at that age. 

Also not sure why you are saying you can't get Cobra or Ping in the US? 

Edited by BloctonGolf11

1 hour ago, MWhack said:

What driver does your daughter want to play? Does she say she doesn't like the USKG TS3?

• Like 1

It's no fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

1 minute ago, BloctonGolf11 said:

Don't be surprised if you actually lose distance or dispersion. There is a reason USKids TS is by far the majority of competitive girls at that age. 

Also not sure why you are saying you can't get Cobra or Ping in the US? 

No i mean i cant get it in Dubai, will try to buy it in the US and ship here.

1 minute ago, wildcatden said:

What driver does your daughter want to play? Does she say she doesn't like the USKG TS3?

She tested the Ping from a friend who bought it in Florida, and the Sim from another friend, and yes she hates the driver even quite a few kids have it here.
Im not a Golfer so I see only difference in sound and look, and yes for both the TS3 is awful, so I understand her, but im not gonna buy something what might be harmfull for her. 

4 minutes ago, darter79 said:

All modern OEM drivers have adapters and screws those would be considered a wash vs others. I don't recall the weight you're requesting but i remember the head weight being around a 184.  

To me, head + adapter is the real head weight. I don’t think it makes sense to add adapter weight to the shaft weight. So Tsi1 (184g) + Titleist adapter (8g from quick google search) = 192g. I think Tsi1 with a fixed hosel would be the ultimate Jr driver, but too bad they don’t make them like that. 

• Like 1

Ok, these guys definitely might be more expert in club weighting etc, but I have a daughter that literally just turned 9 (same height tho!)...so I know where your girl is probably at and where she will be in a few months. 

We tried the USK TS driver side by side on Trackman (at a USK event) this Summer against my daughters old Callaway XR on a Flynn shaft and it wasn't even close. Callaway went straighter and farther. We recently switched her into a Sim Max2 Draw at 12.5' loft, then we cranked loft higher to 13.5 with the adapter on the Flynn shaft. The Sim is significantly longer than the Callaway, with the added loft really helping. She's hitting a high 5 yard draw and carrying 10-15 yards longer with the Sim Max. (I know both visually, and because my club has Trackman Range. Really you can see if when we play our club and she's hitting her approach shots from 20-30 yards closer than old driver.)

She actually does not like the feel of the Sim as much as her Cally, but opted to stick with it because of how much farther she's hitting it. We just played a 2 day 36 hole event the other weekend and she missed only 1 fairway over 36 holes. That club just works man.

I would say go get the Sim Max with 12.5 of loft, order an appropriate length shaft from Flynn and call it a day. @heavy_hitter is probably right about coaching speed, but get her the speed sticks and she can develop some speed that way. 

Also, at this age, basically every 8-10 year old girl who is competitive is swinging an OEM driver. I haven't seen one girl on a podium since we started competing last year that isn't. 

2 hours ago, Bizzle80 said:

Ok, these guys definitely might be more expert in club weighting etc, but I have a daughter that literally just turned 9 (same height tho!)...so I know where your girl is probably at and where she will be in a few months. 

We tried the USK TS driver side by side on Trackman (at a USK event) this Summer against my daughters old Callaway XR on a Flynn shaft and it wasn't even close. Callaway went straighter and farther. We recently switched her into a Sim Max2 Draw at 12.5' loft, then we cranked loft higher to 13.5 with the adapter on the Flynn shaft. The Sim is significantly longer than the Callaway, with the added loft really helping. She's hitting a high 5 yard draw and carrying 10-15 yards longer with the Sim Max. (I know both visually, and because my club has Trackman Range. Really you can see if when we play our club and she's hitting her approach shots from 20-30 yards closer than old driver.)

She actually does not like the feel of the Sim as much as her Cally, but opted to stick with it because of how much farther she's hitting it. We just played a 2 day 36 hole event the other weekend and she missed only 1 fairway over 36 holes. That club just works man.

I would say go get the Sim Max with 12.5 of loft, order an appropriate length shaft from Flynn and call it a day. @heavy_hitter is probably right about coaching speed, but get her the speed sticks and she can develop some speed that way. 

Also, at this age, basically every 8-10 year old girl who is competitive is swinging an OEM driver. I haven't seen one girl on a podium since we started competing last year that isn't. 

We dont really care about winning, she does enough. And I have seen on Insta enough USKids winner with Ping and USK Driver guess even the majority, so i dont think that is really true.
But we will see I will have a fitting session with her today, if swing speed goes down or her swing will look way off, we will stay with the TS3. 
But thanks for the insight, I think it will not be that bad with an OEM but will see... will let you guys know

12 hours ago, Bizzle80 said:

Do not put speed sticks with a kid that young. Bad idea. 

Edited by BloctonGolf11
  • Like 2

I'm still firmly in the camp of a 13.5* Callaway XR16 with either a Flynn shaft...or a UST Recoil 450 F1 flex.  This setup would cost less than a USK TS3 setup...and if I remember correctly the head weight difference is within a few grams.  Nothing else out there is going to give you a 20 yard difference.

BTW...if you're asking these questions now...at 8YO...you're not going to be using a Stealth for the next 4 years when she's 12YO.  You're lying to yourself if you believe that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1