TM Stealth

MWhack

1 minute ago, BloctonGolf11 said:

Like I said earlier, dude came to a forum asking for opinions, got those opinions, then said to heck with what you guys said I am going to do what I wanted to anyway. Love these kind of posters....

Lol that’s why I quit responding in a thread when a guy told me about the gains his 6 year old got from OEM

• Haha 1

Just now, BloctonGolf11 said:

Personally I am not sold on speed sticks and all of that. I am a bigger fan of body weight calisthenics, power yoga (flexibility is so underrated), and medicine ball work. Build the core athlete first. 

Yeah I have added medicines balls to our daily push up, sit up, body squat regimen 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jj9000 said:

I own both the Adult set and the Junior set.  Probably going to sell both sets.

PSA...I say this from firsthand experience.  You can get really fast with speed sticks, but you've got to be very careful that the search for speed doesn't wreck the actual golf swing.  The whole premise of the sticks are to swing out-of-your-shoes fast to retrain your brain to go faster...with no regard for form.

I got really fast, at the expense of developing a backswing that was WAY too long and across the line at the top.  As a result, my real golf swing suffered.

TLDR version - Proceed with caution.

This has been our experience as well. 

We stay far away from them during peak season.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, darter79 said:

My kid uses the stack, imo its better not meant to be a swing until you fall over more of a typical driver swing, does it help maybe maybe not but she enjoys the process. 

All of these things help.  It just a matter of what age will they help and what type of physical shape do you have to be in.  Pre-Pubescent I see them as being snake oil.  Bryson even discusses in the Rick Sheils Podcast about neurological function in gaining speed and hitting it longer.  I agree with him that it is true, but with a young kid there are physical limitations on how fast they can go.  Until their body is ready, the brain can't produce that faster swing speed.  It is like a 4 cylinder car trying to go 0-60 in 4 seconds.  Unless you are a Mercedes CLA45 AMG S it ain't happening. 

• Like 2

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

@MWhack Everyone has their opinions...but I am telling you with a junior girl basically same specs as yours that went from a Callaway XR to a SImMax2...that the Sim was significantly longer...and that the Callaway was longer than the USK driver. (Trackman tested all around)

Also...you will 100% be buying her a new driver in 2-3 years, otherwise you wouldn't be a real WRX'er or golf dad. We ALL keep chasing tech for our kids, can't help it, because its fun and honestly new clubs help her get excited about the game...just like us. Hell, I literally just got new irons for mine because the new Flynn ones look f'ing cool...and she's pumped to go hit them more.

Go get her a used Sim Max or a Stealth and just enjoy. Don't feel bad. If you can afford to splurge on your kids have at it and don't let anyone on a message board make you feel bad about it.

I can't speak to the speed sticks, my daughter just plays a bunch of different sports and likes to work out w me (core, plyo and balance work) so she's skinny AF but sneaky strong.

• Like 2

All this speed training for young kids is just plain stupid.  

Sure you can gain a few extra yards but the reality is if there going out hitting drivers and playing golf there naturally going to gain speed.

Some speed training is ok you need to know what fast is but no need to over due it either. Too many kids get injuries trying to swing fast.

The best thing about the stealth driver to me is the discount ajga offers for it. I think there are better drivers out there if your paying full price. 

The new cobra driver is supposed be pretty good. 

Edited by tiger1873

• 3 weeks later...

Not a fan of the Stealth, we went with the HD, we haven't been able to find/buy the lighter back weight piece so the added weight is not helping, but overall, that carbon face feels too much like plastic. We will be sticking to the SIM2 MAX, at least for now. My boy is 9, the switch over from Flynn Driver to the SIM2 Max was a big difference, this was after we replaced the 24g back weight piece to a 6g. We also have the 8g and 11g, the 6g give us the best numbers, so speed matters, but OEM driver heads to me at least do made a difference. 

• Haha 1

Yes we had the full testing USKids TS3, Ping Stealth, Sim2 Max, TS1 and Cobra Radspeed (adult 😞 ), Sim 2 Max was the choice, Stealth sounds kinda nice but didnt really worked for my daughter even she wanted the Stealth cause of coloring 😄
But the Stealth hybrid and 3wood are fine, was a lot of gluing and changing necessary during testing but I think now we have the best setup which is available for us.

Driver Tests have been done on USKids and Flynn Shafts, Hybrid and Wood only on Flynn.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MRx747 said:

Not a fan of the Stealth, we went with the HD, we haven't been able to find/buy the lighter back weight piece so the added weight is not helping, but overall, that carbon face feels too much like plastic. We will be sticking to the SIM2 MAX, at least for now. My boy is 9, the switch over from Flynn Driver to the SIM2 Max was a big difference, this was after we replaced the 24g back weight piece to a 6g. We also have the 8g and 11g, the 6g give us the best numbers, so speed matters, but OEM driver heads to me at least do made a difference. 

Plastic?  I have talked to a lot of people swinging that club at 115 mph and no one has used that term.  The Sim2 is a really good driver.  Stealth is better and when put on launch monitors it shows it for high club head speeds.  Like someone on these boards told me, who hates TM, "The Stealth is like cheating."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, heavy_hitter said:

Plastic?  I have talked to a lot of people swinging that club at 115 mph and no one has used that term.  The Sim2 is a really good driver.  Stealth is better and when put on launch monitors it shows it for high club head speeds.  Like someone on these boards told me, who hates TM, "The Stealth is like cheating."

For low swing speed it def. doesnt work, cause my daughter really wanted this driver and tried everything to make better numbers better but didnt worked.

Just now, MWhack said:

For low swing speed it def. doesnt work, cause my daughter really wanted this driver and tried everything to make better numbers better but didnt worked.

define slow. A friend of my daughters is getting amazing results with it. She is a low 70s SS kid for reference. Everyone miles will vary could help some and be horrible for others. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWhack said:

I thought stealth has multiple versions of stealth out there.   I'd say the majority of issues out there is because people don't use the correct driver version when trying it.  For  slow swing speed you most likely looking for the non plus version.  Most people I think want to buy the plus versions which is a lot harder to hit.

Personally not a fan of the stealth driver.  I tend to think Cobra is doing a better job right now than TM.  

18 minutes ago, tiger1873 said:

I thought stealth has multiple versions of stealth out there.   I'd say the majority of issues out there is because people don't use the correct driver version when trying it.  For  slow swing speed you most likely looking for the non plus version.  Most people I think want to buy the plus versions which is a lot harder to hit.

Personally not a fan of the stealth driver.  I tend to think Cobra is doing a better job right now than TM.  

We tested the normal and the ladies, not saying they are bad, just sim2 max worked better. SS 58-62ish depends how hard she tried.

10 minutes ago, MWhack said:

We tested the normal and the ladies, not saying they are bad, just sim2 max worked better. SS 58-62ish depends how hard she tried.

Drivers all max out at 460cc so I wouldn't be surprised that the SIM2 worked better.   It's all about how they position the weight.  

The only reason to replace a driver that works is when you see metal fatigue and it isn't under warranty.

13 minutes ago, MWhack said:

Every golfer is different.  We have Cobra drivers so last year I took his F9 and SZ (both 10.5* heads) into the golf mart to have a look at the RadSpeed driver since it was being raved upon. Perhaps it was a bad day swinging. Perhaps it was just the familiarity of his older heads. Regardless, the RadSpeed didn't work for us.  Going to do the same test with the LTDx. 

I've only been testing drivers in the Cobra family because then I can get somewhat of an apples-to-apples comparison using the same shaft that he swings day in and day out. Call it the "poor man's fitting". One day, we will go in for an actual driver fitting somewhere , but he's only 11YO. Maybe next year.

• Like 2

It's no fun when the rabbit's got the gun.

At 8, I doubt your daughter will see any real gains with the Stealth.  She would do just as well with any older model oem.  Xr-16, SIM, SIM2, cobra etc.   

FWIW,   a few of my son's friends that I have seen using the Stealth have had really good results.  Misses are better and a few MPH increase in balls speeds. They all swing it in the 85+ range though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kekoa said:

At 8, I doubt your daughter will see any real gains with the Stealth.  She would do just as well with any older model oem.  Xr-16, SIM, SIM2, cobra etc.   

FWIW,   a few of my son's friends that I have seen using the Stealth have had really good results.  Misses are better and a few MPH increase in balls speeds. They all swing it in the 85+ range though.

I think a good majority of the folks hitting the stealth have been getting increases in ball speed along with better dispersion.  I know my kid was getting 3 mph on average better ball speed compared to the Sim2.  With the Radspeed XB he was identical ball speed as the Stealth with even better dispersion.  We ended up buying blind the LTDxLS knowing the price I got it for if he didn't like it I could sell and make $100.00.  It wasn't that he disliked the Stealth because it is a great driver.  It was because the feel of the Radspeed was better.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jj9000 said:

...and they all max out at .830 COR...or...Coefficient of Restitution.

its mishits off center where new drivers are better. 1.5 vs 1.5 nothing will change.  Launch conditions spin rates is a sneaky way they obtain more distance. But they can't really make a flush 1.5 smash go any further than they do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

US Kids Drivers and built to be light and forgiving.  Not built for power and speed.  Found that out a long time ago when my oldest kid was growing up.  Four boys play golf have used various Callaway, TaylorMade and Cobra Drivers growing up.

So, the question about a junior golfer playing the Stealth Driver.  My 13-1/2 year old son who is 5’4” tall and 140 lbs. put the Stealth Driver in play.  Hard swinger.  Goes after it.  Hits his TS2 5-wood as far as some bigger kids his age hit their driver.  The 9.0 degree head set to 10.  Shaft is a Matrix Ozik White Tie 60 R.

93989911-5C5B-4180-8D01-1A715D1B8918.jpeg

B40861E7-F946-4A7D-9F1C-671DEC1EB184.jpeg

ECF7443D-59E5-43FC-AF3F-446D2BFA6EEC.jpeg

Edited by Goldenhawk

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

On 2/18/2022 at 8:08 PM, Goldenhawk said:

US Kids Drivers and built to be light and forgiving.  Not built for power and speed.  Found that out a long time ago when my oldest kid was growing up.  Four boys play golf have used various Callaway, TaylorMade and Cobra Drivers growing up.

So, the question about a junior golfer playing the Stealth Driver.  My 13-1/2 year old son who is 5’4” tall and 140 lbs. put the Stealth Driver in play.  Hard swinger.  Goes after it.  Hits his TS2 5-wood as far as some bigger kids his age hit their driver.  The 9.0 degree head set to 10.  Shaft is a Matrix Ozik White Tie 60 R.

93989911-5C5B-4180-8D01-1A715D1B8918.jpeg

B40861E7-F946-4A7D-9F1C-671DEC1EB184.jpeg

ECF7443D-59E5-43FC-AF3F-446D2BFA6EEC.jpeg

13 years old should be an adult head no question.

• Like 2