First go with LTDx...

Lord Helmet

At the range.  After not getting on with Stealth, moved to the Cobra. Had old UST v2 and threw a tip on. 9* flight too high and spinny for my eye.  Moved to 8* and started really dialing it in.  Not my favorite shaft but it'll do for now. Started hitting nice mid high cuts with ease.  No hard pass needed, ball popped off the face.  Very fine driver.  I'm smoking my sim max ventus tr combo right now, but will bag the Cobra next time out to see how it goes. 

Edited by Lord Helmet
  • Like 1

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

1 hour ago, Lord Helmet said:

At the range.  After not getting on with Stealth, moved to the Cobra. Had old UST v2 and threw a tip on. 9* flight too high and spinny for my eye.  Moved to 8* and started really dialing it in.  Not my favorite shaft but it'll do for now. Started hitting nice mid high cuts with ease.  No hard pass needed, ball popped off the face.  Very fine driver.  I'm smoking my sim max ventus tr combo right now, but will bag the Cobra next time out to see how it goes. 

With the right shaft the LTDx is ridiculous.  Checks every box. Takes a really bad swing to hit a ball OB.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nikeblades00 said:

With the right shaft the LTDx is ridiculous.  Checks every box. Takes a really bad swing to hit a ball OB.

The UST shaft I have in there right now performs just as it did with my TM drivers.  Strike patterns were center or half moon heel and toe.  Of course Im a mere mortal so add that to the equation.  When I swapped the UST for original Fuji speeder 6.1x it tightened up some and got better performance.  When I moved to Ventus TR Blue 6x performance went thru the roof on strike location and performance.  Im fairly confident that same progression would carry over to the Cobra.  I wanted to start with the UST to see if it was something I wanted to even mess with, given I am clobbering my Sim Max lately.

• Like 2

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

On 9/22/2022 at 7:58 AM, Lord Helmet said:

The UST shaft I have in there right now performs just as it did with my TM drivers.  Strike patterns were center or half moon heel and toe.  Of course Im a mere mortal so add that to the equation.  When I swapped the UST for original Fuji speeder 6.1x it tightened up some and got better performance.  When I moved to Ventus TR Blue 6x performance went thru the roof on strike location and performance.  Im fairly confident that same progression would carry over to the Cobra.  I wanted to start with the UST to see if it was something I wanted to even mess with, given I am clobbering my Sim Max lately.

So which one is staying in the bag? Sim Max or Ltdx?

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5* Diamana GT 60 S
Callaway AI Smoke Max 5W Tensei Blue 65 S

Ping G430 4H RDX Red 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-GW Modus 105S (bent 2* weak)
Callaway Jaws Raw 54* & 58*
Odyssey 5K #7 34”

23 hours ago, pmang said:

So which one is staying in the bag? Sim Max or Ltdx?

That is TBD.  Still hitting the LTDx at the range.  Sim Max is still in the bag right now.

• Like 1

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

36 minutes ago, Z1ggy16 said:

I'm playing ltdx LS open 1* and toe weight heavy. Center hits are bombs but it's a bit more wild than my Rogue LS max. However I really like the adjustments available and it still seems to flight with lower spin even when hitting a small cut. 

The high cut is my favorite shot to hit.  I really enjoy when I am swinging well that I can trust the result.  

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

23 minutes ago, Lord Helmet said:

The high cut is my favorite shot to hit.  I really enjoy when I am swinging well that I can trust the result.  

It's a much more predictable shot... I've had to play a draw for several years because that's what my swing dictacts and most drivers I've used didn't have much adjustment.

Now I can feel like I'm still trying to hit a draw but aim like a cut shot. Result when struck well is usually a straight ball that gently bleeds toward the middle. A miss just cuts more and ends up in the rough. Never a huge miss unless I make a poor attempt, which would have ended up poor regardless of the driver used. This club helped eliminate the dreaded over draw that runs and runs (into the woods). 

29 minutes ago, Z1ggy16 said:

It's a much more predictable shot... I've had to play a draw for several years because that's what my swing dictacts and most drivers I've used didn't have much adjustment.

Now I can feel like I'm still trying to hit a draw but aim like a cut shot. Result when struck well is usually a straight ball that gently bleeds toward the middle. A miss just cuts more and ends up in the rough. Never a huge miss unless I make a poor attempt, which would have ended up poor regardless of the driver used. This club helped eliminate the dreaded over draw that runs and runs (into the woods). 

Yessir.  Couldnt agree more on all accounts.  Missed shots are usually just off the fairway in primary rough and fully playable.  No more taking 3 off the T.  With golf season winding down quick here in Ohio, the LTDx v Sim Max will be carrying over to the range to see what I feel most comfortable with.  I do have a couple rounds coming up - probably will take the LTDx just to see how she holds up.

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

6 hours ago, Lord Helmet said:

Yessir.  Couldnt agree more on all accounts.  Missed shots are usually just off the fairway in primary rough and fully playable.  No more taking 3 off the T.  With golf season winding down quick here in Ohio, the LTDx v Sim Max will be carrying over to the range to see what I feel most comfortable with.  I do have a couple rounds coming up - probably will take the LTDx just to see how she holds up.

I played sim max last year and I would say the two are pretty close but ltdx LS launches higher and has better adjustment features. Sim was a glass Cannon for me that either hit nuclear shots... Furthest drives of my life (several over 315) but also loved to just dive out of the air unless you middle it. Toe strike nightmare with that club... Made me switch to g410 which was polar opposite.

I think ltdx LS is a bit more forgiving than SIM MAX but not really close to the high MOI stuff. But... You can't have it all. I'm usually near the center of the face often enough to get more advantage from slightly lower spin/hotter designs. 

Sim does sound/feel better then ltdx LS though... Either way you be hitting it long 🤣

• Like 1

Another range day for me today. Only taking the LTDx.  I know the Sim Max up and down in and out.  So this time its exclusively LTDx.

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

60f with 14mph winds into my face at range. LTDx performed wonderful.  Nice mid high cuts that did not seem bothered by the wind. Very easy to align and aim.  Second time I was reinforced with excellent results with a nice smooth pass thru the ball.  Had one toe shot and while it lost yards, it was very playable had it been on course.  Can't decide if I want to game it as is or go straight into my ventus tr. .  

• Like 1

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

1 hour ago, Lord Helmet said:

60f with 14mph winds into my face at range. LTDx performed wonderful.  Nice mid high cuts that did not seem bothered by the wind. Very easy to align and aim.  Second time I was reinforced with excellent results with a nice smooth pass thru the ball.  Had one toe shot and while it lost yards, it was very playable had it been on course.  Can't decide if I want to game it as is or go straight into my ventus tr. .  

Thank you Lord Helmet!

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5* Diamana GT 60 S
Callaway AI Smoke Max 5W Tensei Blue 65 S

Ping G430 4H RDX Red 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-GW Modus 105S (bent 2* weak)
Callaway Jaws Raw 54* & 58*
Odyssey 5K #7 34”

5 hours ago, Lord Helmet said:

I've had same experience into the wind and just piercing and no ballooning whatsoever. It's a beautiful thing when you find the right combo. 

On 9/26/2022 at 9:28 AM, rooski said:

My LTDx must be broken then

Mine too

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

8 hours ago, Phabs said:

Mine too

Thats me with Ping drivers, Callaway Drivers, Srixon Drivers,  and so on....

Cobra and TM are 2 companies I can usually move between fairly seamlessly.  I dont care for all the iterations but can generally hit them fairly well.  They each have their subtle nuances but I typically have success with them.

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Another range session.  Again, gusty winds into my face.  Same results,  just a nice flight that doesn't appear to be bothered by the wind.  The ventus tr is getting an adapter set up.

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

I have a Ventus blue in mine. It’s got to be the most forgiving driver I’ve played myself. It won’t fix a bad swing (but what will?) it’s just very forgiving across the face for me. Pretty much seems like no matter where you hit it in the face. The ball is going to go the direction the face is pointing at impact, without losing much yardage. 

We're going on a Minimalist Adventure who knows were we'll end up:

"Full" 10-Club Bag currently looks like this:

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 13.5

Taylormade Sim Max 7w Mitsubishi Diamana F Limited 75S

Titleist 818H1 25* Fuji Atmos Black 9s

Callaway Mavrik Pro 7-PW Project X Rifle Tour Flighted 105 6.0

Vokey SM9 50.08F

Vokey SM9 56.10S

White Hot OG #1

Srixon Z Star/Chrome Soft X

1st session with fuji blue tr X flex.  Middles the strike wonderfully.  Straight ball, cut shots, took everything I threw at it.  Playing Monday,  see how it goes.

• Like 2

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

First round in.  77.  The driver combo did not fail.  Fall ball here in Ohio.  70f.  Played a real nice and demanding course (Stonelick) and had to use 3w or utility on some holes.  Would have liked to have used the driver more - but this course didnt set up that way.  You need to be real good with all your sticks at Stonelick.   Never lost a T shot with the driver.  Straight, cuts, just did its job.  Looking FWD to getting more comfortable with it on the range and hopefully get another 1 or 2 rounds in before I shut it down for the season.

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

I'm finding the standard LTDX one helluva driver. Quite low spin, loads and loads of forgiveness, feel and sound is fine and ball speed is off the charts for me. 

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

I have a Ventus TR Red 6x coming - want to see if I can get some launch compared to the Blue TR.  But the driver head is staying. ha

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

On 10/13/2022 at 6:19 AM, Lord Helmet said:

I have a Ventus TR Red 6x coming - want to see if I can get some launch compared to the Blue TR.  But the driver head is staying. ha

never tried any of the TRs in it but would like to see the feedback. You feel it launched lower to your window with TR blue?

I’ve had the Tensei PO 1k 60tx from the get go and just didn’t feel like I needed to go on a shaft trying binge although i kinda wanted to haha

On 10/14/2022 at 11:48 PM, Glock917 said:

never tried any of the TRs in it but would like to see the feedback. You feel it launched lower to your window with TR blue?

I’ve had the Tensei PO 1k 60tx from the get go and just didn’t feel like I needed to go on a shaft trying binge although i kinda wanted to haha

I want to see if the red TR will heighten the launch compared to TR blue.  Nothing wrong with the blue, just checking the red out to see if it fits my eye better.

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5