The Great Callaway Preowned Deals Thread

Also part 2: Callaway just got me with 2x bonus points trade-in on the paradym line. I dont normally play non-tour issue woods because I'm a fancy hoe and too good for retail heads - but Callaway basically gave me $50 more on several clubs than I could get for them even on ebay and the Paradym can be resold for more than they were all worth.

Also the Tour AD TP shaft was only a $125 upgrade and I had enough to cover that with my trade so that was awesome.

Edited by third-times-a-charm

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Also part 2: Callaway just got me with 2x bonus points trade-in on the paradym line. I dont normally play non-tour issue woods because I'm a fancy hoe and too good for retail heads - but Callaway basically gave me $50 more on several clubs than I could get for them even on ebay and the Paradym can be resold for more than they were all worth.

Also the Tour AD TP shaft was only a $125 upgrade and I had enough to cover that with my trade so that was awesome.

That 2x bonus is definitely worth it.  I'm trading in like 4 drivers/fairways and a set of irons and a wedge and everything will be worth more than what I would get from ebay or if i resell.

I'm split between getting the Paradym irons or the Paradym triple diamond cause I have a backup set of irons.  I might have to get an upgraded shaft if I go the driver route so I can get all trade in value. 

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

17 minutes ago, Boogs2 said:

That 2x bonus is definitely worth it.  I'm trading in like 4 drivers/fairways and a set of irons and a wedge and everything will be worth more than what I would get from ebay or if i resell.

I'm split between getting the Paradym irons or the Paradym triple diamond cause I have a backup set of irons.  I might have to get an upgraded shaft if I go the driver route so I can get all trade in value. 

I'm looking at doing the same thing - but the fine print says the bonus only applies to one WOOD per purchase:

image.png.e7cb853dc4d2f5991bb45afca8d6cf7c.png

Given that the trade-in timelines FAR exceed any return windows - what are the chances that the trade credit comes back as significantly LESS than what is listed in the credit line for the subtotal? If I can only apply the 100% bump to one club (the Odyssey 10) then my trade in total will be $560...not $820.

image.png.c4ea8b9b17516b557f047d8f2f116bcb.png

image.png.f3748f98d26286c6f99bcdb38108d85e.png

Driver: Callaway Paradym 8* (draw, std) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 54* bent to 53* - Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 58* bent to 59* - Ctaper 130x

Putter: Modified Odyssey 7 w/ welded long slant

6 minutes ago, D0ch0l1d4y said:

I'm looking at doing the same thing - but the fine print says the bonus only applies to one WOOD per purchase:

Given that the trade-in timelines FAR exceed any return windows - what are the chances that the trade credit comes back as significantly LESS than what is listed in the credit line for the subtotal? If I can only apply the 100% bump to one club (the Odyssey 10) then my trade in total will be $560...not $820.

Hmmm...If it's given only to one wood, that would definitely change everything.  When I talked to a rep, they said I can trade in anything without limitations, but maybe they misunderstood what I was asking.

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

2 minutes ago, Boogs2 said:

Hmmm...If it's given only to one wood, that would definitely change everything.  When I talked to a rep, they said I can trade in anything without limitations, but maybe they misunderstood what I was asking.

I sent in a ticket to ask - and got an email back in 4 minutes to call in to verify...with Cole 😄.

image.png.2896b8be2f20706009e8f6908f4184cc.png

On hold with him right now.

Edited by D0ch0l1d4y
screen cap
  • Like 1

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

9 minutes ago, D0ch0l1d4y said:

I sent in a ticket to ask - and got an email back in 4 minutes to call in to verify...with Cole 😄.

image.png.2896b8be2f20706009e8f6908f4184cc.png

On hold with him right now.

Confirmed that the fine print...doesn't really mean anything. Only real thing they can't get around is the total trade-in+bonus can't exceed the cost of the purchase. So I'll have to find something else to add to the order. Oh, darn.

And Cole said you can apply trade-in value to tax as well - just have to call him to apply it. And looks like tax rate is ~11%. Total for a Paradym is $667

Edited by D0ch0l1d4y
tax man cometh

1 minute ago, D0ch0l1d4y said:

Confirmed that the fine print...doesn't really mean anything. Only real thing they can't get around is the total trade-in+bonus can't exceed the cost of the purchase. So I'll have to find something else to add to the order. Oh, darn.

And Cole said you can apply trade-in value to tax as well - just have to call him to apply it.

So, it's best to call into Cole and have him do the trade in and the purchase.  Got it.  Now whether to get the irons or the driver lol. 

• Like 1

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

32 minutes ago, Boogs2 said:

So, it's best to call into Cole and have him do the trade in and the purchase.  Got it.  Now whether to get the irons or the driver lol. 

Trade Executed.

Paradym TD + Ogio Fuse bag will cost ~$60 (after 45 days for trade in).

1 hour ago, D0ch0l1d4y said:

Callaway will give you what they quoted at the time of purchase/trade-in on your invoice. Just because it takes 40 days to trade in and the club might be worth less next month doesnt mean theyll give you less, itll be whats on your order. Thats whats great about CPO/Callaway.

Also I traded in 4 clubs to get my paradym wood and nothing was told to me it was a max of 1 club. I also had Cole (obviously!) place the order for me and it says I'm getting my full 2x bonus so shouldnt be an issue.

Callaway is giving me:

$140 for a Apex 21 pro hybrid - no one wants to pay more than $90 on ebay

$240 for two Mavrik max ladies flex woods - maybe $180 max on ebay

$120 for an Epic Max 3 wood (tour issue, but no one wants it lol) - which is less than $120 on ebay after fees

No brainer to trade them in.

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

55 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Callaway will give you what they quoted at the time of purchase/trade-in on your invoice. Just because it takes 40 days to trade in and the club might be worth less next month doesnt mean theyll give you less, itll be whats on your order. Thats whats great about CPO/Callaway.

Also I traded in 4 clubs to get my paradym wood and nothing was told to me it was a max of 1 club. I also had Cole (obviously!) place the order for me and it says I'm getting my full 2x bonus so shouldnt be an issue.

Callaway is giving me:

$140 for a Apex 21 pro hybrid - no one wants to pay more than $90 on ebay

$240 for two Mavrik max ladies flex woods - maybe $180 max on ebay

$120 for an Epic Max 3 wood (tour issue, but no one wants it lol) - which is less than $120 on ebay after fees

No brainer to trade them in.

I have a state am qualifier on Monday that I wanted to use the Paradym for so I called around local shops to confirm they were participating and they were all hardline on the one-club bonus. Between that and no one actually having the 8* in store...I'll just soldier on with an old driver. Fortunately I don't need driver at all at the course we're playing - so this will take the temptation away 😄

8 minutes ago, D0ch0l1d4y said:

I have a state am qualifier on Monday that I wanted to use the Paradym for so I called around local shops to confirm they were participating and they were all hardline on the one-club bonus. Between that and no one actually having the 8* in store...I'll just soldier on with an old driver. Fortunately I don't need driver at all at the course we're playing - so this will take the temptation away 😄

Maybe the 1 trade-in thing is just for retailers and other accounts 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just traded in 6 things, and ordered the Paradym irons.  Cole was awesome and super helpful!

Thanks guys!

• Like 2

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

Callaway has always been great with these trade-in bonuses.  That said, with the recent delays on their end, it puts the customer in some limbo for a period of time. 

For example, I recently traded in some clubs to offset some Paradym X irons during their recent 50% trade-in bonus promo.  Liked but didn't love the irons, so sent them back to Callaway about two weeks ago to get store credit (as I had hit the irons).  In any case, with their slow movement on processing packages, they have my money on the initial purchase, but I don't have the trade-in credit yet (and apparently won't for some time), nor do I have the store credit processed for my return yet.  So, I hang out there in limbo, and frankly run the risk of forgetting about the whole darn thing if it drags on too long.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 and 5 Woods, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade Qi Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

For those who called in to order the Madison, what sole weight was listed on your email confirmation? I was going to order a 33" but was told it came with a 5g sole weight. I ended up ordering the 35" w/ 10g sole weight instead as I wanted the heaviest option available. Wondering if 10g was the heaviest option. Thanks

Just now, speedie562 said:

For those who called in to order the Madison, what sole weight was listed on your email confirmation? I was going to order a 33" but was told it came with a 5g sole weight. I ended up ordering the 35" w/ 10g sole weight instead as I wanted the heaviest option available. Wondering if 10g was the heaviest option. Thanks

7g and 10g was all that was available - your 33" comes with a 7g.

On 6/19/2023 at 3:50 PM, third-times-a-charm said:

Also...

I have two 'Tour Silver' San Diego garage models coming my way this week. We'll see what they are. I'm hoping theyre tour issue models because there was no Tour Silver finish in 2019/2020.

Did you receive your Tour Silver yet?  I just got my LH San Diego in, and it is pretty stunning.  I took a flyer on the specs, and it fortunately worked out with a top-line instead of flange line (also would have been OK with a sight dot).

Anything in these photos that might indicate if they are Tour issue? Description on the tag is wild - LH TD GPT San Diego H1 TRSLV BH FL1 KBS.

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg

Edited by jeffrey r
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jeffrey r said:

Did you receive your Tour Silver yet?  I just got my LH San Diego in, and it is pretty stunning.  I took a flyer on the specs, and it fortunately worked out with a top-line instead of flange line (also would have been OK with a sight dot).

Anything in these photos that might indicate if they are Tour issue? Description on the tag is wild - LH TD GPT San Diego H1 TRSLV BH FL1 KBS.

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg

Is that a 2022 San Diego from CPO?

LH TD GPT San Diego H1 TRSLV BH FL1 KBS = Left Hand Toulon Design San Diego H1 Neck Tour Silver Finish

Not sure what BH FL1 KBS is - is it a KBS stepless shaft with a Toulon band? FL1 is maybe flat light 1* but not sure.

The features are all things available from the garage to be built so not sure on being tour issue. I dont see an H1 neck in the garage right now - only an H5 neck - so maybe it is due to that if an H1 was never available? 

I dont think any serial number ever says if a head is tour issue or not as they pull from the same raw putter head stocks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Is that a 2022 San Diego from CPO?

LH TD GPT San Diego H1 TRSLV BH FL1 KBS = Left Hand Toulon Design San Diego H1 Neck Tour Silver Finish

Not sure what BH FL1 KBS is - is it a KBS stepless shaft with a Toulon band? FL1 is maybe flat light 1* but not sure.

The features are all things available from the garage to be built so not sure on being tour issue. I dont see an H1 neck in the garage right now - only an H5 neck - so maybe it is due to that if an H1 was never available? 

I dont think any serial number ever says if a head is tour issue or not as they pull from the same raw putter head stocks.

Yes, 2022 San Diego from CPO through Cole.  No KBS band, but it is a stepless shaft with Toulon band.  

I haven’t tried to build a Garage putter in a while, so wasn’t sure what is and isn’t available to order.  Just checked, and it seems this is just a pretty standard custom build.  Sharp, but not inherently special in any way.  Thanks.

Edited by jeffrey r

18 minutes ago, jeffrey r said:

Yes, 2022 San Diego from CPO through Cole.  No KBS band, but it is a stepless shaft with Toulon band.  

I haven’t tried to build a Garage putter in a while, so wasn’t sure what is and isn’t available to order.  Just checked, and it seems this is just a pretty standard custom build.  Sharp, but not inherently special in any way.  Thanks.

Whatd you pay for this beauty? 

3 minutes ago, speedie562 said:

Whatd you pay for this beauty? 

Therein lies the problem—it was over $400, which I took a flyer on considering it was no risk and returnable for full credit.  But while beautiful and in my wheelhouse spec-wise, I was counting on something a bit more “special” at that price.  Understood it would cost over $600 to order one new, but I don’t really need it so I’ll probably send it back.

• Like 1

Just a general FYI, I called CPO today to check on an RMA.  For trades, the rep indicated they are currently processing trade-ins delivered to them back on May 6th (so 47 days....pretty close to their website status of 40-45 days).  Rep said website should say 40-45 business days, just to set the current expectations.

Got my paradym "2x bonus" order today and the tipping is wrong. I requested 1" total and they went 1" over standard which looks to be 1.5" - in a 5 wood. Oh well, guess theyre gonna redo it and reship it again.

Also got both of my Toulon San Diego putters today. One is just a garage putter with a sight dot someone decided to do a USA theme with but the other is naked and may be a tour head just not sure yet.

6 hours ago, stuman74 said:

Just a general FYI, I called CPO today to check on an RMA.  For trades, the rep indicated they are currently processing trade-ins delivered to them back on May 6th (so 47 days....pretty close to their website status of 40-45 days).  Rep said website should say 40-45 business days, just to set the current expectations.

If your lucky enough to have an Edwin Watts near you, they do the 2X trade in on the spot in the store.  Was in Hilton Head last week and came home with a Paradym Triple Diamond on the 2X trade deal.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 10K (Tour Issue) 7.5* Diamana WB 63TX

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 4-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

1 minute ago, jblough99 said:

If your lucky enough to have an Edwin Watts near you, they do the 2X trade in on the spot in the store.  Was in Hilton Head last week and came home with a Paradym Triple Diamond on the 2X trade deal.

I called my local EW and they were adamant they will only apply the 2x on a single highest value trade in, otherwise I'd have done the same.

On 6/20/2023 at 9:03 AM, D0ch0l1d4y said:

Trade Executed.

Paradym TD + Ogio Fuse bag will cost ~$60 (after 45 days for trade in).

SHIBBY

image.png.a6edfd9fb79033ddf2a3835e9587ff27.png

image.png.abc007aaa7c4da1077e68f3cfeebb501.png

image.png.0684171c6163bcdc3e8cc5568b4289da.png

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 3:53 PM, jeffrey r said:

Anything in these photos that might indicate if they are Tour issue?

So I was thinking about your question again and forgot a piece of what I think signifies a tour issue putter. The 'tour crimp' or 'tour dimple' on the shaft under the hosel. Only problem is you need to pull the head to verify.

1 of the 2 San Diego putters I got this week was naked with no sight lines - but no other features discerning it as tour issue except for a slight difference in paint fill where the odyssey emblem logo in the back cavity was a translucent metallic green instead of the opaque green of the OTR putters.

So I pulled the shaft and voila:

IMG_6523.jpg.5da506943abf03bf41982508a7636b46.jpg

You can see in this photo the small circle/hole/dimple in the shaft in the sanded abraded area where the tip was prepped. Theres 3 of them in a circumference around that prep area.

Here's the head for reference:

IMG_6524.jpg.74a51f54a555acce16516269741646fe.jpgIMG_6525.jpg.d8f470110689d2f5d6f4968120e0a0d9.jpg

So this leads me to believe this was a tour stock head. Not 100% sure but every time I've pulled a shaft from a tour issue head its had these dimple crimp holes. Retail heads do not.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DBLEAGLE said:

Never purchased from CPO so I was curious…. I see they are having a sell that ends today and I am looking to purchase some Apex 21 irons. Do they have frequent sells on irons or should I go ahead and pull the trigger and buy today to get the 15% off? 

They have sales all of the time

• Thanks 1

In the bag, at the moment:
Callaway Paradym AI Smoke 💎 💎 💎 10.5* Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Mavrik SZ TC 17* Aldila Rogue White 70S

Callaway Apex UW 21* Project X Hrzdus Smoke Black 70S

Ping G425 5 hybrid 26* Ping Tour 85 stiff shaft

Callaway Apex TCB 5 - AW Project X 5.5 shafts
Callaway Jaws Raw 56* bent to 55* & 60* Project X 5.5 shafts

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 putter

Titleist Pro V1x