2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

The Great Callaway Preowned Deals Thread

2 hours ago, VNutz said:

Man, @third-times-a-charm you know so much about Callaway tour issued items than I could ever understand. First time I've heard of a lighter head wedge.

Most wedges Callaway makes come in L and H configs for tour use - light and heavy - if a player wants +-1" in length or etc.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

New here, thanks for having me! Apologies if this is in poor taste, I'm trying to decide whether or not to return. 

Picked up a set of PXG 0311t Gen4 4-PW in mint condition the other week. Not very exciting - but then they arrived and the shafts are Paderson Kinetixx, which seem to be quite expensive.  

Any thoughts on value with the more expensive shafts? 

1 hour ago, PoundTown69 said:

New here, thanks for having me! Apologies if this is in poor taste, I'm trying to decide whether or not to return. 

Picked up a set of PXG 0311t Gen4 4-PW in mint condition the other week. Not very exciting - but then they arrived and the shafts are Paderson Kinetixx, which seem to be quite expensive.  

Any thoughts on value with the more expensive shafts? 

Kind of depends on what you paid for the set from CPO, and how much effort you want to put into carving up the components.  CPO almost always indicates the specific iron shaft—did they not do that in this case?

If you paid $800 for the set, and can pull the shafts and sell them for $500 (making that up), you’d still probably be better off just returning the set.  Guess you could sell the heads also.  

End of the day, just because my i210 set has Steelfibers, doesn’t mean it is worth $2k or even $1k.  It’s a used iron set with upgraded shafts, which are kind of a dime a dozen these days.

Or, I don’t know, you could actually play the set you bought?  Do they work for you?

Edited by jeffrey r

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 and 5 Woods, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RobDMB said:

How has everyone's experience been with "Like New"? Will it truly look as new? 

Over 70% of the time they have come still in the shrink wrap.  The rest of the time they have had very little sign of use.  If there was an issue they would take it back and send a shipping label provided you hadn't hit it.

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

1 hour ago, RobDMB said:

I've probably purchased 30-35 different clubs from CPO over the years in "like new" or "very good" condition.  I've only ever sent one back.  Like new putter had a couple of paint chips (not visible at address) but I felt like it should've been very good condition.  I hate paint chips on putters.  You swing that club 10 mph, and they all have headcovers to protect them.  CPO replaced it free of charge.  Even sent the replacement before I sent the original back.  

If you have a legitimate beef with the condition grading you can often reach out to them for a price adjustment after the fact.

I think they rate pretty conservatively so I've only had one issue where I thought a club should have been in better condition for the grade they gave it. They adjusted my purchase price to the next level lower and I was happy with that resolution. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

Today everything is 25% off. I had been casually looking for a 9* ST Max driver. My price including tax and shipping was lower than I'd pay on ebay or Facebook marketplace and I have the CPO return policy as well. 

• Like 2

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

13 hours ago, RobDMB said:

Just got a like new rogue st ls 3hl.

Had a demo grip on it and didn't look like a ball had struck the face. 

Just some very minor shaft scuffs from being in a fitting bag.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

Recently received a Tri Hot Double Wide with an interesting surprise ... an aftermarket generic graphite shaft. It has no branding on it at all so I would have to assume it is a cheap replacement shaft maybe worth about $10-20. It was advertised as coming with the original stroke lab shaft. Anyways, I called them and after an additional 15% discount it came to about $145 including tax etc. I don't think this shaft is counterbalanced like the stroke lab shaft but am thinking of keeping it anyways. Opinions?

Edited by DRLB

51 minutes ago, DRLB said:

Recently received a Tri Hot Double Wide with an interesting surprise ... an aftermarket generic graphite shaft. It has no branding on it at all so I would have to assume it is a cheap replacement shaft maybe worth about $10-20. It was advertised as coming with the original stroke lab shaft. Anyways, I called them and after an additional 15% discount it came to about $145 including tax etc. I don't think this shaft is counterbalanced like the stroke lab shaft but am thinking of keeping it anyways. Opinions?

If you like it as is and are satisfied with the discount then keep it. If not send it back. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DRLB said:

Or if someone more knowledgeable is of the belief that the putter suffers tremendously without that specific shaft. I am not experienced enough to know. 

You could also pulled a the grip and see if there’s any sort of markings by the butt end, which is very common. You could have a killer deal on your hand, lol

• Like 1

[color=#000000]Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x[/color]
[color=#000000]Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
Cameron Select NP2[/color]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/533027-jlevitt9s-witb-set-for-2013-possibly/"]WITB Link[/url]

Recently ordered a Tri-Hot 5k 3 during their blowout/spring cleanout sale a couple weeks ago. It was Like New condition but I'd definitely give it more of a Very Good rating. Face is perfect but about 8 to 10 little marks/dings around it. Nothing I see when I stand over it which is good and if I ran into it in the used section of a Golf Galaxy for $75 more than I what I paid, I'd have ran out with it immediately. I mean, overall its in good shape but I'd definitely not call it Like New.

That said I paid $171 for it. Paying $171 for a $400 putter and then complaining about a few minor, insignificant, marks on it just feels wrong. If I wanted I could probably unload it at a higher price later this summer if it doesn't work out and make a few bucks, so I'm letting it go.

• Like 1

Thinking about an iron change. Current gamers are PING G410 w/DG 105s. I also have a set of PXG 2021 0211 with graphite Recoil Dart 75s and a set of Adams Pro Golds w/Steelfiber i95s shafts.

I’m a PING fan but I’m looking for something with less offset, a little less bounce but still forgiving.

I had hoped the 0211 would fill that void but they are just so-so to me. Feel isn’t great and I struggle with the 75g shafts (light).

The Pro Golds feel fantastic (forged) but lack the forgiveness this hack needs. I also love the SF shafts but would likely be better suited with regular in the Steelfiber as play my 8 iron 145-150 yds.

Knowing this, what Callaway irons would be ideal to look at? 

What shafts (graphite and steel)?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

1 hour ago, Cwing said:

Thinking about an iron change. Current gamers are PING G410 w/DG 105s. I also have a set of PXG 2021 0211 with graphite Recoil Dart 75s and a set of Adams Pro Golds w/Steelfiber i95s shafts.

I’m a PING fan but I’m looking for something with less offset, a little less bounce but still forgiving.

I had hoped the 0211 would fill that void but they are just so-so to me. Feel isn’t great and I struggle with the 75g shafts (light).

The Pro Golds feel fantastic (forged) but lack the forgiveness this hack needs. I also love the SF shafts but would likely be better suited with regular in the Steelfiber as play my 8 iron 145-150 yds.

Knowing this, what Callaway irons would be ideal to look at? 

What shafts (graphite and steel)?

I'm not a Callaway iron guy so I'm afraid I can't provide any tips on what model you'd like, but I AM an Adams guy, so hit me up when you want to unload the Pro Golds with the Steelfibers. I have a set of satin CB3 with Steelfiber 110 I'm fond of, so I'd give them a shot. 🙂

On 5/19/2023 at 4:29 PM, Pudgelewis said:

I'm not a Callaway iron guy so I'm afraid I can't provide any tips on what model you'd like, but I AM an Adams guy, so hit me up when you want to unload the Pro Golds with the Steelfibers. I have a set of satin CB3 with Steelfiber 110 I'm fond of, so I'd give them a shot. 🙂

Pro golds are pretty good. Adams made some excellent clubs in that era. Still have my A4 Forged. I should reshaft them sometime and game them. 

1 hour ago, wundej said:

Pro golds are pretty good. Adams made some excellent clubs in that era. Still have my A4 Forged. I should reshaft them sometime and game them. 

They indeed did. I have a set of A4 Forged with 3 and 4 iron that I've never hit since getting. Lol.  Just waiting their turn.

Sorry to get it off topic...

1 hour ago, ilikegolf26 said:

Still holding out hope we’ll start seeing the Paradym line on CPO by August @third-times-a-charm? Or is there some hidden inventory already that a call to Cole might be worth making? 

Even if there was he wouldn’t be able to sell it this early. I would assume the august timeframe is still accurate.

• Thanks 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

8 minutes ago, ucmike11 said:

Feeling a little jipped here - I ordered a TC 3HL rogue ST fairway wood, the sticker says TC on it...but the serial number starts with a V.  

I'm thinking it was mislabeled, and I should return it? I was hoping for the smaller tour sized head.

Just return it if you're not 100% happy.  With the number of clubs they go through, labeling issues are bound to happen.  It's not an excuse, it's just reality.   I've been on the right and wrong side of such mistakes.  No one ever says anything about the other side of the coin lol. 

CPO's customer service is top notch though, they have always made it right for me and I'm sure they will for you as well.  If you call them, they'll give you an RMA and label, if you call a rep directly they might even be able to go through inventory and find exactly what you're looking for.  

24 minutes ago, ike31197 said:

Just return it if you're not 100% happy.  With the number of clubs they go through, labeling issues are bound to happen.  It's not an excuse, it's just reality.   I've been on the right and wrong side of such mistakes.  No one ever says anything about the other side of the coin lol. 

CPO's customer service is top notch though, they have always made it right for me and I'm sure they will for you as well.  If you call them, they'll give you an RMA and label, if you call a rep directly they might even be able to go through inventory and find exactly what you're looking for.  

FYI, you can now set up returns directly on the website in your order history.  Avoids needing to call it in, wait on hold, etc.  Works just like the old way without needing to call.

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 and 5 Woods, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter