2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

Srixon ZX MKII Irons

Ryan19jwu

Hi all…..

I must admit to looking at Srixon irons but never buying, I always stuck to the offerings from Ping, Taylormade and Callaway….

To cut a long story short I have just taken delivery of the ZX4 Mk 11, with the Recoil SmacWrap 760 F3…

I have been recently changing between the 790’s and Qi irons… 

What can I expect from the ZX4’s compared with the other sets I have used, certainly they look fantastic and I can’t wait to try them….

Many thanks 

18 hours ago, English13 said:

Hi all…..

I must admit to looking at Srixon irons but never buying, I always stuck to the offerings from Ping, Taylormade and Callaway….

To cut a long story short I have just taken delivery of the ZX4 Mk 11, with the Recoil SmacWrap 760 F3…

I have been recently changing between the 790’s and Qi irons… 

What can I expect from the ZX4’s compared with the other sets I have used, certainly they look fantastic and I can’t wait to try them….

Many thanks 

Only have the 4 iron but it’s a cannon

TaylorMade Qi10 Core 10.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5TX Hulk

TaylorMade SIM Max 12 HZRDUS Black 4Gen 60 6.0

Srixon ZX4 MkII 4 iron Nippon Modus 105X

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5-PW Nippon Modus 105X

Cleveland RTX 48 DG120 X100

Cleveland RTX 6 52 & 56 DG120 X100

Cleveland Full Face 60 DG Spinner

Bettinardi BB28

I played the original ZX7 for 2 years... the past 6 monthes ive been trying to replace them with i230 T150 and t200s...

I'm going to sell everything and go back to what I played my best golf either with - ZX7 3-PW and RTX6.0 52 56 60 wedges.

They were long , forgiving and looked / felt good.  loved them.

• Like 2

PING 10K CHROME 65

PING 430 15 CHROME 75

TITLEIST T150 4-PW 

SM10 BLACK 52 56 60

BETTINARDI QUEEN B 6 COPPER

So I hit the 4 series 7i demo head with the px lz shaft. I was averaging 186yds lol. Super easy to use.  Might end up going 4 series 4i with my regular px shaft.  I was turning it over more than my standard irons, probably why I was getting the yardage boost.  Im not interested in that TBH.  I prefer accuracy over a few yards in my irons.  I might give the 110g steelfiber a whirl before the final decision.  

Edited by Lord Helmet

Darkspeed LS 10.5 -  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
ZX4 MKii 4i - Project X 5.5
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

8 hours ago, Kacy said:

ZX7 mkii’s won on both PGAT & LIV this weekend. Not making it easy to update from my z785s I’ve been playing for 4 years.

My 565/765 combos are feeling it as well.  I was considering a 3way blend.

4-5 4 series

6-7 5 series

8-P  7 series

*Insert maniac laughter here*

• Like 3

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

I might give Srixon a shot. Literally. I've only ever wanted to use a one-piece forged iron (I know they have tungsten but still - no hollow body design). I am looking at getting a split set of ZX7 MK II and Z Forged II. I know much can be said of the feeling of the irons compared to something like Mizuno but I'll take the chance. I've heard they have a solid forged feeling that can almost be mirrored to Miura. I am in no way saying they feel the same but I've read where they do have that solid punch but still feel soft. 

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 9° - Tour AD UB 6x

Titleist TSR3 16.5° - Tensei Blue RAW 75x

Srixon ZX7 Mk II 4-6, Z Forged II 7-9 - PX LZ 6.0

Vokey SM9 46/50/54/58 - S200

Toulon Las Vegas H1 - Diamana P105 

Titleist Pro V1

On 4/28/2024 at 9:27 PM, tigerfan23 said:

I played the original ZX7 for 2 years... the past 6 monthes ive been trying to replace them with i230 T150 and t200s...

I'm going to sell everything and go back to what I played my best golf either with - ZX7 3-PW and RTX6.0 52 56 60 wedges.

They were long , forgiving and looked / felt good.  loved them.

Doing the Same.

They are stunning irons.  ZX7 are SUPER forgiving for their class of irons.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2024 at 3:31 PM, MerryTex said:

I might give Srixon a shot. Literally. I've only ever wanted to use a one-piece forged iron (I know they have tungsten but still - no hollow body design). I am looking at getting a split set of ZX7 MK II and Z Forged II. I know much can be said of the feeling of the irons compared to something like Mizuno but I'll take the chance. I've heard they have a solid forged feeling that can almost be mirrored to Miura. I am in no way saying they feel the same but I've read where they do have that solid punch but still feel soft. 

Exactly what’s in my bag with Nippon Modus Pro 120 stiffs.  Split’s at 4/5 ZX7, then finish with ZF IIs.  They play unbelievably well for me.  I’ve also got sets of Miura CB2007s and Bridgestone TW-202 irons. Love all three for great feel and excellent workability.

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 Mk II LS 9.5 driver Aerotech Ti-Fiber Tour 70 stiff

Srixon ZX Mk II 3 & 7 woods Aerotech Ti-Fiber Tour 70 stiff

Taylormade Stealth II 2 hybrid Kai-Li 95x 

Srixon ZX-7 4/5 irons KBS $-taper 120

Srixon Z-Forged II 6-PW KBS $-taper 120

Cleveland ZipCore RTX Tour Raw 52/56

TM Spider GT-X putter

XXIO lightweight caddy cart bag on MGI Zip AT

Srixon Z-Star Diamond ball

1 hour ago, Jjones519a said:

Doing the Same.

They are stunning irons.  ZX7 are SUPER forgiving for their class of irons.

Came from Mizuno MP5 to ZX7 MK2s - amazing. Best Irons I have owned... think if not mistaken they are still Endo forged (not confirmed).

Srixon ZX5 LS Driver, Project X Hzrdus Black, 70g 6.5

Cobra Fly Z Fairway, UST Elements Fire, 7F5 

Cobra Fly Z Hybrid, Aldila Tour Blue ATX85H 2.3-X

Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-PW, True Temper X100

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Biomech Acculock Ace / Ping B90 Broomstick

3 hours ago, ewaldbeukes said:

Came from Mizuno MP5 to ZX7 MK2s - amazing. Best Irons I have owned... think if not mistaken they are still Endo forged (not confirmed).

Cool Clubs got confirmation from Srixon that Endo still forges these. A comment was posted on their 90mph robot test video and they replied 3 months ago. 

Titleist Pro V1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, MerryTex said:

Cool Clubs got confirmation from Srixon that Endo still forges these. A comment was posted on their 90mph robot test video and they replied 3 months ago. 

Magic, thank you for confirming! I came from Mizuno and feel is amazing on the Srixons

Edited by ewaldbeukes
  • Like 2

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Has anyone tried the 7's with Axiom 125x's in them?  I have a set being built now (black chrome ones) and curious to any feedback.  Thanks!

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus TR Blue 6x 
Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Titleist T200 Utility with Fuji Ventus Blue HB 9x
Srixon MKII  Black Chrome ZX7 4-PW with Fuji Axiom 125x
Vokey SM9 Tour Chrome Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with KBS $ Taper S Flex
Bettinardi Tour Issue BB0 Flow Prototype

42 minutes ago, pearls24 said:

Has anyone tried the 7's with Axiom 125x's in them?  I have a set being built now (black chrome ones) and curious to any feedback.  Thanks!

You might want to reach out to King Pine Golf on IG to ask him. He builds tons of Srixon sets and may give some input. 

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1

45 minutes ago, pearls24 said:

I've thought about trying exactly this, so would love to hear your experiences when they come in. When I did my fitting at Fujikura HQ in Carlsbad as part of the GolfWRX members' trip, I was between the 105X and 125X. They had built up a T100 with a 125X and I was hitting it really well. We ultimately decided on the 105X, but I've been wanting to try the 125X in a set since then. I like the height and spin I get out of the Axioms -- in the past, with a ZX7 set, I tended to spin them a touch too little and turn them over too much, and I think the Axioms' stability, launch and spin plus a slightly flatter lie angle would help a lot. 

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

2 minutes ago, eric61 said:

I've thought about trying exactly this, so would love to hear your experiences when they come in. When I did my fitting at Fujikura HQ in Carlsbad as part of the GolfWRX members' trip, I was between the 105X and 125X. They had built up a T100 with a 125X and I was hitting it really well. We ultimately decided on the 105X, but I've been wanting to try the 125X in a set since then. I like the height and spin I get out of the Axioms -- in the past, with a ZX7 set, I tended to spin them a touch too little and turn them over too much, and I think the Axioms' stability, launch and spin plus a slightly flatter lie angle would help a lot. 

Funny you say that- I've always played 125-130g shafts but I was tempted to go 105x cuz I didn't want them to feel too stout/boardy.  

10 minutes ago, pearls24 said:

Funny you say that- I've always played 125-130g shafts but I was tempted to go 105x cuz I didn't want them to feel too stout/boardy.  

I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to shafts, and I was really surprised how much feel the 125X maintained. My swing speed on paper is in the stiff range, but I tend to be fitted into X-stiff because of my transition. Point being, I thought they felt great even at a slightly lower speed than most people who will be playing these. For me, the extra weight just helped my timing. The 105X is working well for me in part because I had them built to a heavier swing weight. 

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

1 hour ago, eric61 said:

I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to shafts, and I was really surprised how much feel the 125X maintained. My swing speed on paper is in the stiff range, but I tend to be fitted into X-stiff because of my transition. Point being, I thought they felt great even at a slightly lower speed than most people who will be playing these. For me, the extra weight just helped my timing. The 105X is working well for me in part because I had them built to a heavier swing weight. 

Yeah we are very similar in terms of the quicker transition part and why I've always been fitting into X as well.  Swing speed with driver is still around 110-113 but I honestly don't try to go at it much to try and keep it in play more.   I'm excited to give these a shot.  I'm playing Steelfiber 125x's now and I don't totally love them.  They've def helped my golfer's elbow issues though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pearls24 said:

Yeah we are very similar in terms of the quicker transition part and why I've always been fitting into X as well.  Swing speed with driver is still around 110-113 but I honestly don't try to go at it much to try and keep it in play more.   I'm excited to give these a shot.  I'm playing Steelfiber 125x's now and I don't totally love them.  They've def helped my golfer's elbow issues though.

Really interested in this… have some body issues but am a high speed low handicap. Looking at MMT, Axiom and Steelfiber. Love my X100s but need some dampening… SS 115-120 with a fast transition for firmly in the X and need to keep it about 120g

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

43 minutes ago, ewaldbeukes said:

Really interested in this… have some body issues but am a high speed low handicap. Looking at MMT, Axiom and Steelfiber. Love my X100s but need some dampening… SS 115-120 with a fast transition for firmly in the X and need to keep it about 120g

Project X might help

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Well I have now played with the ZX4 mark 11, all I can say is what took me so long to be a Srixon convert….. they feel fantastic, go very high and Very Far….!

I really can’t say enough good things about them, as I said in my earlier post I have always gone Ping, Taylormade etc and never thought about trying anything from Srixon…..

For me these are better than all the P790 iterations, I have owned them all…! I look forward to keeping these in the bag, well until they bring out the Mark 111’s presumably next year…….Fantastic irons, anyone thinking about these give them a go I am sure you will not be disappointed……..

awesome heads and now that i have the shaft figured out, just got way better

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

Posted (edited)

I'm getting back into the game seriously after about 5 years away - I can't get over how Srixon has seemingly come out of nowhere with their clubs. I only remember them as a ball manufacturer, but I'm dying to hit ZX5's and ZX7's after everything I'm reading.

I'm currently playing the updated TM P-790's, my first "new" irons since I went back and forth between Ping S58's and Mizuno MP-32's.

Anyone mind sharing what makes these so popular/successful? Would greatly appreciate any thoughts as I continue acclimating to all the new tech!

Edited by Tom7

Ai Smoke Max D (9°) - PX Denali Black 70 6.5

Ping G10 (15.5°) - Aldila VS Proto 85X

Ping Rapture (18°, 21°) - Aldila VS Proto 80X

TM P-790 (5-P) - KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM7 (52°, 56°) - DG S400 Tour Issue

Vokey WW V-Grind (60°) - DG S400 Tour Issue

TM Spider Tour Z3

2 hours ago, Tom7 said:

I'm getting back into the game seriously after about 5 years away - I can't get over how Srixon has seemingly come out of nowhere with their clubs. I only remember them as a ball manufacturer, but I'm dying to hit ZX5's and ZX7's after everything I'm reading.

I'm currently playing the updated TM P-790's, my first "new" irons since I went back and forth between Ping S58's and Mizuno MP-32's.

Anyone mind sharing what makes these so popular/successful? Would greatly appreciate any thoughts as I continue acclimating to all the new tech!

I’m a big fan of the turf interaction. The sole seems to take the perfect amount of turf.

TaylorMade Qi10 Core 10.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5TX Hulk

TaylorMade SIM Max 12 HZRDUS Black 4Gen 60 6.0

Srixon ZX4 MkII 4 iron Nippon Modus 105X

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5-PW Nippon Modus 105X

Cleveland RTX 48 DG120 X100

Cleveland RTX 6 52 & 56 DG120 X100

Cleveland Full Face 60 DG Spinner

Bettinardi BB28

3 hours ago, MerryTex said:

These are just what I’ve been searching for. A little help up top without feeling too fast off the face. The T150, 223, and 770 all felt too quick. The Z Forged are incredible. I can see why people will look past them, they’re a blade but more modern in terms of forgiveness. I say this because they’re thicker and aren’t as punishing as some may think. I hit these well in the bay once I went into my shop to pick them up. The ZX7 were just as good. They still offer that dense buttery feel but you can tell there isn’t as much thickness at center that the Z Forged offer. I’m impressed with this combo set. 

DSC_1142.jpeg.fe3ac9e702a55793f0461e8f42296b87.jpeg

DSC_1145.jpeg.29ba94a48294710bb2144f2ab4dfe8d6.jpeg

DSC_1130.jpeg.574f186ef4a3d71bb041d1606a630d49.jpeg

DSC_1136.jpeg.88fe1110c4dced6045372664fe7bf390.jpeg

I have the same setup . Liking it 

• Like 1

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
LAB DF3 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Tom7 said:

Like mookie7 says, the vsole provides great turf interaction.  They just don’t dig easily.  And imo the zx5s are a perfect blend of forgiveness and feel in a great looking club. Though in my opinion, the 565s 2 generations ago felt better.  And the 7 feels much better than the 5. But I want/need the extra forgiveness. 

Srixon has been making good irons for awhile.  Their 302 and 506s were great in the early 2005-2010 range. Then they pulled out of the US market leaving it to their sister company Cleveland.  They came back about 10 years ago with the 545/745 and killed it since. 

Edited by mantan

PING G430 Max 10.5 

PING G430 5w
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack'