2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Nike Footwear 2023 (Unofficial Thread) (***NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS***)

I tried to comment with the link but the formatting was broken??
anyways fast twist spikes are good, i recently put some new ones in some nike lunar command 3s and they fit fine

Driver - TM Stealth HD (10.5) Ventus Red TR 5S

3 Wood - TM Stealth Plus Rocket (14.0) Tensei AV Limited Blue 75
5 Wood - TM Sim Ti (17.0) Ventus Blue 6S

3 Hybrid - TM Stealth 2 Plus (20.0) KBS PGI 85

4 Hybrid - TM Stealth Plus (23.0) KBS PGI 90

Irons - TM P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120

Wedges - MG3 50.09SB 54.11SB

Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5

2 hours ago, jt2gt said:

Not sure where to post....but anyone still wear Nike Dunk NG golf shoes.  Just got an old pair and really enjoying them  Anyone know what spikes work for them?  

I love the look of the Dunks. My main complaint is the weight. As a walker they feel a bit heavy. They have been great range shoes for me though.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

2 hours ago, blink3665 said:

I love the look of the Dunks. My main complaint is the weight. As a walker they feel a bit heavy. They have been great range shoes for me though.

I don’t necessarily regret getting rid of them given my profit on them, but i sold them exactly for that reason. They are really heavy for a walking shoe

3 hours ago, swoosh21 said:

Not in high demand unlike the white ones.

Not completely surprised, base white shoes are usually more popular than base black.  Personally I'm buying all the colorways.

Taylormade Qi10 LS : Ventus+ Blue
Taylormade Stealth Plus : Ventus Velocore Blue 7X
Taylormade SIM2 Rescue - AD-IZ 85X
Taylormade P770 4-PW : MCA MMT 125X
Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : MCA MMT 125X
Swag Handsome One
Taylormade TP5X

1 hour ago, nickosbad said:

What are these??

E3DE7169-8861-413A-9B94-FF2BCF90C10B.jpeg

Look like the TW 20s

• Thanks 1

In the bag, at the moment:
Callaway Paradym AI Smoke 💎 💎 💎 10.5* Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Mavrik SZ TC 17* Aldila Rogue White 70S

Callaway Apex UW 21* Project X Hrzdus Smoke Black 70S

Ping G425 5 hybrid 26* Ping Tour 85 stiff shaft

Callaway Apex TCB 5 - AW Project X 5.5 shafts
Callaway Jaws Raw 56* bent to 55* & 60* Project X 5.5 shafts

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 putter

Titleist Pro V1x

I hit. White, blacks, OG Masters... I have a TW for any occasion this year

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

22 minutes ago, bdawg983 said:

Look like the TW 20s

It's funny with the re-release of the 13s, I realized all the TWs since 2013 have a similar silhouette. Never noticed the 20 and 13 don't look way way way different 

2 hours ago, Walkerdb7 said:

It's funny with the re-release of the 13s, I realized all the TWs since 2013 have a similar silhouette. Never noticed the 20 and 13 don't look way way way different 

If Tiger hadn't started to have the significant back issues in 2014/2015 we would have probably seen several new versions of the Free Sole TW shoes like the 13/14/15.  If I remember correctly, that was a specific request from him because he loved that sole off the course.  Back issues just made it so he couldn't wear them and he went back to the 2011 shoe.  

From what I was told at the time, the F1 Premiere was originally supposed to be the 2016 TW shoe.  But with him being mostly out due to injury from 2016-2018 and him going back to the older model they rebranded it at the last minute.

Nike-FI-Premier-01.jpeg.0325482f52c223012518a5b75998a4ed.jpeg

• Like 3

Taylormade Qi10 LS : Ventus+ Blue
Taylormade Stealth Plus : Ventus Velocore Blue 7X
Taylormade SIM2 Rescue - AD-IZ 85X
Taylormade P770 4-PW : MCA MMT 125X
Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : MCA MMT 125X
Swag Handsome One
Taylormade TP5X

32 minutes ago, JLew said:

If Tiger hadn't started to have the significant back issues in 2014/2015 we would have probably seen several new versions of the Free Sole TW shoes like the 13/14/15.  If I remember correctly, that was a specific request from him because he loved that sole off the course.  Back issues just made it so he couldn't wear them and he went back to the 2011 shoe.  

From what I was told at the time, the F1 Premiere was originally supposed to be the 2016 TW shoe.  But with him being mostly out due to injury from 2016-2018 and him going back to the older model they rebranded it at the last minute.

Loved those 

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

46 minutes ago, JLew said:

Such a good shoe.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

36 minutes ago, JLew said:

Yes, I remember those. 

Tough year to really change the style a ton. They would have lost some casual golfers with the design and the lack of TW branding probably killed it. 

Would be curious where the line went without injury 

1 hour ago, JLew said:

i remember getting those at a golf galaxy locally on sale. They were not as discounted as another golf galaxy. Someone in posted here on wrx in DOND, a receipt of them from ohio or something. I asked them to match as a joke. Cashier says let me see the receipt, showed him and mgr gave me the deeper discount. Got them for $20 or $25 iirc. 

tried them. Didnt like the free sole (haven’t liked any of them) but for the price, they were good enough and used them as my mud ball shoes. Still have them around but havent touched them since my lcv $20 find. 

Edited by jpdx

9 minutes ago, jpdx said:

i remember getting those at a golf galaxy locally on sale. They were not as discounted as another golf galaxy. Someone in posted here on wrx in DOND, a receipt of them from ohio or something. I asked them to match as a joke. Cashier says let me see the receipt, showed him and mgr gave me the deeper discount. Got them for $20 or $25 iirc. 

tried them. Didnt like the free sole (haven’t liked any of them) but for the price, they were good enough and used them as my mud ball shoes. Still have them around but havent touched them since my lcv $20 find. 

For as successful as Nike is, for how well they’ve grown their golf business… they’ve had some absolute total misses or weird decisions… It’s not the inevitable occasional product flop… it’s like 1 step backwards every other year, haha 

How to fix it:

1. Re-release the Roshe with updated tech - zoom air and react 

2. Make TW tour shoe ever year that is the pinnacle of golf tech. Bonus points if he actually wears it 

3. Do a TW Free line like how they do Lebron solider or did Jordan Team while he stay played 

4. Keep coming hard with the sneaker head retros, but include some options for spiked versions! 

5. Probably don’t renew Rory… 

6. Give Scotty the ZVT Line 

7. Keep the ZIT line, but improve the traction 

1 hour ago, Walkerdb7 said:

For as successful as Nike is, for how well they’ve grown their golf business… they’ve had some absolute total misses or weird decisions… It’s not the inevitable occasional product flop… it’s like 1 step backwards every other year, haha 

How to fix it:

2. Make TW tour shoe ever year that is the pinnacle of golf tech. Bonus points if he actually wears it 

3. Do a TW Free line like how they do Lebron solider or did Jordan Team while he stay played 

4. Keep coming hard with the sneaker head retros, but include some options for spiked versions! 

Don’t renew Rory?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walkerdb7 said:

How to fix it:

i may be in the minority, i am not a fan of the roshe look, nbd to me that that dont have them anymore. 

TW will never have the following that jordan brand has. They dont need the TW shoes to continue to sell shoes in the golf space. Nor do they need a tw line like jordan team stuff. Think about this, jordan itself is basically its own brand. The others really dont seem like their a standalone brand theyre a line. Think about this: jordan brand sponsor athletes in different sports. While nike sponsors the athletes in different sports, tw will never have a line or athlete thats playing basketball, for example. 

yes. Keep those sneakerhead retros coming! 

all golf shoes should have react foam or better. 

zit line is great. Only better traction ive had, personally, is the AIT traction in the lcv’s. Those reminded me of tank tracks and they keep me gripped and stable better than anything else - ever. People complained that they were effing greens up. Never saw that here. 

personally i think theyve done a pretty good job. Could they do better? Sure (QC for example) But i personally wouldnt say its a step back. I can guarantee there are people far smarter than i doing the analysis, if theres growth, as you say, theyve gotta be doing something right. 

Edited by jpdx
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JMH1220 said:

Don’t renew Rory?  

Don't feel like he's going to win another major anytime soon. As much as he's championed the PGA Tour, I have a feeling he's gonna say or do a bunch subtly dumb things over the next few years and lose fans...

but that's probably the least significant part of the plan.

16 hours ago, JLew said:

You are correct. And the Tour Premier that Brooks made famous was actually the TW for that year instead. As a matter fact, I actually held that shoe in my hand with the TW logo on the back of it when the rep brought it to my pro shop prior to them releasing. And then, when they released, they didn’t work for tiger so they took his logo off the shoe. 

IMG_1126.jpeg

Edited by StillCantPutt
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Walkerdb7 said:

Don't feel like he's going to win another major anytime soon. As much as he's championed the PGA Tour, I have a feeling he's gonna say or do a bunch subtly dumb things over the next few years and lose fans...

but that's probably the least significant part of the plan.

Easily top 5 most popular golfer in the world. Losing the VERY few LIV fans isn't going to hurt Nike. The right already has a problem with Nike and most LIV golf fans are from the right anyway. 

(Not saying all repubs are LIV fans and hate Nike, that obviously is not true at all. Or trying to be political, but NIKE does not care that Rory has spoke out against LIV). 

Edited by mci711
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, StillCantPutt said:

You are correct. And the Tour Premier that Brooks made famous was actually the TW for that year instead. As a matter fact, I actually held that shoe in my hand with the TW logo on the back of it when the rep brought it to my pro shop prior to them releasing. And then, when they released, they didn’t work for tiger so they took his logo off the shoe. 

IMG_1126.jpeg

Best golf shoe Nike has ever made by a large margin...

• Like 4

As far as a pure golf shoe goes (meaning a shoe designed with golf in mind) the tour premiere can’t be beat. That’s why it’s so crazy you could get them for 25 dollars at Ross and Burlington. I grabbed like 20 pairs during that time for myself and friends. Still have 4 pairs that I rotate through with my Jordan’s. If I could go back I’d scoop up every pair I could. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 8:20 PM, Drwoods2017 said:

As far as a pure golf shoe goes (meaning a shoe designed with golf in mind) the tour premiere can’t be beat. That’s why it’s so crazy you could get them for 25 dollars at Ross and Burlington. I grabbed like 20 pairs during that time for myself and friends. Still have 4 pairs that I rotate through with my Jordan’s. If I could go back I’d scoop up every pair I could. 

I got into golf too late to get to enjoy these shoes. I’ve been looking for a pair but no luck. Every time I see videos of Mexican dudes at Ross buying these to flip on eBay it really makes my blood boil. 

Driver: Nike Vapor Pro Driver

Woods: Nike Vapor Pro 3 Wood, Nike SQ Machspeed 7 Wood

Irons: Nike VR Pro Blades 4-9

Wedges: Miura 46º Nike VR Forged 52°, 56°, 60°

Putter: Nike Method Converge Counterflex B1-01

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond