2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Question for the Scotty limited release owners

jtj74

Are any of you guys buying these limited releases like the jet set, my girl, Champions choice, T22 Etc and putting them in your bag and playing them or these bought merely for collectible reasons? Forgive me for being naive, I'm just a poor fat guy from the mountains. But I do legit Wonder how many of these are actually being put into play.

I think the vast majority of people buy them with the intention of using it (excluding scalpers), but some ppl do buy them strictly as collectors. Circle-t’s are probably more of a collector’s item than those limited-runs (but i still think most ppl who can afford circle-t’s are willing/wanting to use it)

• Like 1

Tsi2 (10*) AV RAW Blue 65TX 45.5"

G425 Max (14.5*) Ventus Blue 7X 42.25"

Apex UW (21*) Ventus Blue 7X 41"

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

RTX-6 56*-60* Nippon 120X

I'm a firm believer that they should be played, I game my OG button back and am currently waiting on getting a stability tour polar shaft put into my jet set newport 2

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 11° - Tour AD UB 7x

Titleist TSR2 16.5° - Tour AD UB 8x

Titleist TSR2 21° - Tour AD UB 8x

Titleist T200 4 iron - Tour AD DI 105x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - P - Modus 130x

Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58LBK - Modus 125x

Ping PLD Custom Anser 30

Oddly enough the only putter I have as a "collectible" is a 2008 Studio Select Newport 2, since that was my first scotty I ever owned (found one years later in pristine condition which is why I keep it on the side)

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 11° - Tour AD UB 7x

Titleist TSR2 16.5° - Tour AD UB 8x

Titleist TSR2 21° - Tour AD UB 8x

Titleist T200 4 iron - Tour AD DI 105x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - P - Modus 130x

Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58LBK - Modus 125x

Ping PLD Custom Anser 30

T22 1.5FB has been played for 2 yrs. JetSet NP2+ was played in the fall. I love them both and play them both. I still have the CC NP 2 in plastic, which I will play when the other two misbehave😂. Gotta play them‼️

• Like 1

Titliest Tsr3 9* Hazardous Black 6.5 gen 4

Nike SQ2 19* Hybrid Aldila VS Proto 95s 

Mizzy MP18 SC 4-6 MB 7-PW C-Taper S

Vokey SM9 50/08, 54/10, 58/08  s400

Scotty T22 Fastback 1.5 ,+ ,+ ,+ ,+

T22 Newport gets used every April to October since I got it on release day. It’s too soft for wet winter golf so gets rested November to March.

My dad has the t22 Newport two and he’s the same.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 tour 
Titleist ts3 21 Hzrdus Smoke
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Titleist Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Taylormade MySpider Tour X
Titleist pro v1

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

7 hours ago, Madhoshi said:

Not one of their "limited releases," but my 009 is my gamer (albeit under a generic Seamus headcover). I game all my putters. Tools, not jewels. 

100%! Here is my gamer. Now saying that, I would never buy or game a limited. They will only decrease in value by using them and seem to just be a flippers paradise lately. Look at all the ones on the BST. Most people thought they could make a fortune on them, but a limited essentially is the same as an OTR with a few additional engravings but sold to a "limited" number like 10,000-25,000 total putters. 

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0685.jpg

• Like 3

I have quite a few older carbon heads and they don't get any playing time. They're just too fragile and prone to wear and I don't have the time to maintain them so they're just wall hangers. I game my stainless steel ones from time to time but only the 009 is in my regular rotation. Putter/headcover collection will be passed along to my kids for various occasions (graduation, wedding, birth of kids, etc). 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Autoflex 505x

Titleist TSR3 15° Ventus Red 7s

Callaway UW 19° Ventus Red 7s

PXG 0311 Gen3 4-5p, 6-9t, PWst Oban CT-115s 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50° Oban CT-115s

Vokey 56°s Raw, 60°t Raw Project X LZ 6.0

Byron Morgan DH89x / 009 

I gamed a T22 for a while, have a champs choice but don’t take it out much. Current gamer is a T5W with the JT flow neck, it’s literally my perfect putter. Just picked up a 009M roll top and practiced with it today, but NE greens are rough right now. The T5W fits my stroke better since I gamed it all season, but the 009 is so nice when pured. Generic headcovers on all CT’s for me, no point in advertising.  I have OTR backups for all my big boy putters for travel. The only one in plastic still is the my girl from 2021. I have owned and passed on to other collectors the Inspired by JT, Jet Setter, and H21 since I never saw myself playing them. Tools not jewels except for my girls. 

Edited by drscott266

I collect AND game them.
I used to try and buy pretty much every limited release but then I backed off and only started buying the putters I liked and wanted to game.
I bought 3 T-22's when they came out.  I wanted to get 1 of each for my collection but one of my connections fell through on the fastback head so I ended up with 2 Newports and 1 Newport 2.  I game one of the Newports and the other is in my collection.
I tried doing the same with the Champions Choice BB's but after I bought the first one I decided I didn't like the looks of them and told my connections to go ahead and sell the rest of them to someone else.

• Like 2

I would never purchase a limited release unless I intended on using it on the course. Which, I would only do if it exactly fits my stroke. Up until 2021 there never was a limited release matching my gamer (Special Select FB 5.5). Since then, I have purchased the 2021 Champions Choice FB 5.5 and the 2022 Monoblok 6.5; both of which I play regularly on the course.

• Like 3

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 6.2X

Fairway Wood: Titleist TSi3 15° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 8.2X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 20° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 8.8X

Irons: Titleist T150 4-PW | KBS Tour V 110s 

Wedge: Vokey SM9 Raw Finish 48.10F, 54.10S, & 60.10V | Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5.5

Putter: Scotty Cameron Limited Release Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 Button Back

On 1/17/2023 at 11:56 PM, Madhoshi said:

Not one of their "limited releases," but my 009 is my gamer (albeit under a generic Seamus headcover). I game all my putters. Tools, not jewels. 

Funny.  I, too, have a generic cover on mine as I do not trust people to not steal the putter or even the Scotty head cover for that matter.  My cover is a Cleveland Browns one so I am sure people assume the putter inside sucks 😂

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Shankyouverymuch said:

Funny.  I, too, have a generic cover on mine as I do not trust people to not steal the putter or even the Scotty head cover for that matter.  My cover is a Cleveland Browns one so I am sure people assume the putter inside sucks 😂

Yep. All of my tour headcovers remain at home pretty much. Realistically my 009 just looks like an old putter, especially with the lead slapped on the bottom. It's one of those "if you know, you know." 

C2244ECA-6610-4E50-AE2A-0FAC11094913.jpeg

15682049-449C-40A1-808B-E7CA3C2521D2.jpeg

34F29874-4B6A-4C9D-880F-48F3577CBB69.jpeg

• Like 2

Just finished off my collection of 350g carbon heads. Oil can, gun blue, classic. Can't get myself to bring them onto the course. 

SC.jpg.ba9eef47e607fe6b89150665ec66ffe1.jpg

Edited by daegyu
  • Like 3

Titleist TSR3 10° Autoflex 505x

Titleist TSR3 15° Ventus Red 7s

Callaway UW 19° Ventus Red 7s

PXG 0311 Gen3 4-5p, 6-9t, PWst Oban CT-115s 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50° Oban CT-115s

Vokey 56°s Raw, 60°t Raw Project X LZ 6.0

Byron Morgan DH89x / 009 

On 1/17/2023 at 6:58 PM, Krt22 said:

T22-250+ rounds

Campions Choice-60+ rounds (current gamer)

Super Rat-once and awhile gets out

009-Office Ornament

2022-My Girl-Saving it for my daughter. 

I know a few people who are getting MyGirls to give to their daughters and it seems like perfect use for this line I love it!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pure716 said:

I would never purchase a limited release unless I intended on using it on the course. Which, I would only do if it exactly fits my stroke. Up until 2021 there never was a limited release matching my gamer (Special Select FB 5.5). Since then, I have purchased the 2021 Champions Choice FB 5.5 and the 2022 Monoblok 6.5; both of which I play regularly on the course.

Would you say you notice a difference in any of the 3? The 5.5 flowback is the putter I have my eye on. 

8 hours ago, jtj74 said:

Would you say you notice a difference in any of the 3? The 5.5 flowback is the putter I have my eye on. 

There are differences between the MonoBlok 6.5 and both 5.5's. I view the 2020 Studio Select Flowback 5.5 as my "baseline."  I was fit for it at Club Champion and ordered through them; so, they checked the build themselves. Due to this, I brought both my MonoBlok 6.5 and Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 to Club Champion to have the loft & lie adjusted to match my Flowback 5.5.

The Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 is literally the same head, and it even comes stock with the exact same grip (Pistolini Plus) as the 2020 Special Select Flowback 5.5.  So, the insert is the only real difference besides paint scheme.  Unlike the MonoBlok 6.5.

The MonoBlok 6.5 comes stock with a much different grip (Pistolero Plus).  The head is a cross between the Golo 5 and Golo 7, except it has the same slant neck as the 2020 Special Select Flowback 5.5 and Champions Choice Flowback 5.5. Which, causes the MonoBlok 6.5 to have slightly LESS toe hang.  I'm not sure if its the grip or the head style; however, the biggest difference is how heavy the MonoBlok 6.5 feels.  The best way I can describe it is that the MonoBlok 6.5 feels very "premium." Between the bigger grip and different head shape it just feels very "solid" or "dense." Hope that helps.

Edited by Pure716

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 6.2X

Fairway Wood: Titleist TSi3 15° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 8.2X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 20° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 8.8X

Irons: Titleist T150 4-PW | KBS Tour V 110s 

Wedge: Vokey SM9 Raw Finish 48.10F, 54.10S, & 60.10V | Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5.5

Putter: Scotty Cameron Limited Release Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 Button Back

On 1/17/2023 at 5:49 PM, jtj74 said:

Are any of you guys buying these limited releases like the jet set, my girl, Champions choice, T22 Etc and putting them in your bag and playing them or these bought merely for collectible reasons? Forgive me for being naive, I'm just a poor fat guy from the mountains. But I do legit Wonder how many of these are actually being put into play.

Champion's Choice and game it all the time!

If I could find a limited release, that I liked,  at retail in a model that fit my game, I’d play it. But I’ve been unsuccessful. I most recently tried to find a Jet Set. I thought the black color looked cool. 
I don’t want to pay double or triple the price for a limited release to a flipper. And also take the risk of buying a counterfeit. 
As far as collecting, to each his own. Lots of people like it.
 I’ve got a bunch of off the rack putters but that’s only because I like to try different clubs. Not really a “collection”. 
There’s a guy on the Classified selling a putter for $45,000. He says it was used by a “pro”. I guess the insinuation is that Tiger Woods used it although the poster doesn’t state that nor provide details on the provenance. 
Even if Woods used it, so what? $45,000, give me a break. 

"Get dressed Spaulding, you're playing golf today."
" No I'm not Grandpa, I'm playing tennis."
 "No, you're playing golf and you're going to like it."

2 hours ago, Pure716 said:

There are differences between the MonoBlok 6.5 and both 5.5's. I view the 2020 Studio Select Flowback 5.5 as my "baseline."  I was fit for it at Club Champion and ordered through them; so, they checked the build themselves. Due to this, I brought both my MonoBlok 6.5 and Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 to Club Champion to have the loft & lie adjusted to match my Flowback 5.5.

The Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 is literally the same head, and it even comes stock with the exact same grip (Pistolini Plus) as the 2020 Special Select Flowback 5.5.  So, the insert is the only real difference besides paint scheme.  Unlike the MonoBlok 6.5.

The MonoBlok 6.5 comes stock with a much different grip (Pistolero Plus).  The head is a cross between the Golo 5 and Golo 7, except it has the same slant neck as the 2020 Special Select Flowback 5.5 and Champions Choice Flowback 5.5. Which, causes the MonoBlok 6.5 to have slightly LESS toe hang.  I'm not sure if its the grip or the head style; however, the biggest difference is how heavy the MonoBlok 6.5 feels.  The best way I can describe it is that the MonoBlok 6.5 feels very "premium." Between the bigger grip and different head shape it just feels very "solid" or "dense." Hope that helps.

That makes sense. Good info. Thanks man.