2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

13 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Ya Eagles?! How come?

I got roped into a FFB league at the Jim and yesterday was the draft. I landed JHurts and it’s jus a little nod 😊 Plus, I think it's cute 😌 Haha

*the over under on it’s lifespan as my avi is 2hrs

**writing ‘avi’ for avatar reminds me of @aenemated and kinda makes me wanna punch myself 

Edited by TiScape
  • Haha 3

My group had a tee time for 3pm today but there are strong thunderstorms forecasted for late afternoon so we decided to not risk getting caught in the storms and cancelled our round. 😟

All is not lost regarding me hitting some golf shots though.

I just arrived at the range and will get a few hours of practice in before the bad weather arrives. 

It's muggy as heck this afternoon in the AVL.

87* with 62% humidity under partly cloudy skies. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

12 minutes ago, touch said:

My group had a tee time for 3pm today but there are strong thunderstorms forecasted for late afternoon so we decided to not risk getting caught in the storms and cancelled our round. 😟

I just arrived at the range and will get a few hours of practice in before the bad weather arrives. 

16932422096391350460307872884524.jpg

87° and 62% humidity… I’m sweating jus reading that 🥵 

• Haha 1

Since one of the topics today in the Lounge is vomiting, let me make an effort to have Big Fish upchuck his lunch. 

Look at my putter NJBF, are you feeling nauseous now? 😄

Edited by touch
  • Haha 4

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

28 minutes ago, touch said:

Since one of the topics today in the Lounge is vomiting, let me make an effort to have Big Fish upchuck his lunch. 

16932440998616324438350071869789.jpg

Put that head on the end of a “broomstick” shaft and he will probably stroke out! 
🤣

*does it actually stand on its own?! 😜

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, DLeightonReid said:

I have always enjoyed discovering good songs that did not make the Top 40; maybe they were what was once known as B sides. 

... I have always liked chill tunes filled with emotion and excellent musicianship like the Brothers In Arms you posted above. When WCKG first went on the air in Chicago I was doing mid days and we had a 12-1pm All Request LunchTime Diner where listeners could call in and request whatever they wanted. I also used the time to insert a few of my B or even C side side personal favorites. It didn't last long as we got a new PD about 3 months in and he gave me a playlist with 2 open slots to play "actual legit requests". As I posted before it usually went like this:

"Could you play the Immigrant Song by Zeppelin?" and I would say we played that earlier but how about I play Over The Hills and Far Away and put you on the radio? They always said OK and win the air it sounded like a real request from Jimmy in Orland Park but of course it wasn't. 

... This was my last real request as it evidently was the last straw for the idiot PD and he took away any requests after I played it giving me a pre selected request playlist for the All Request LunchTime Diner. 🙄 You'd think there was a FCC rule against that kind of blatant misrepresentation but alas there was not. Swear on the radio? You were in trouble but lying about requests was A-OK. Anyway this is one of my favorite Eagle tunes that was never to be played again on WCKG:

• Thanks 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra Aerojet 20* 7 wood* ... Kai'Li 70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/49*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

35 minutes ago, touch said:

16932440998616324438350071869789.jpg

Practicing gimmes?  Or stymies?

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

1 hour ago, TiScape said:

I get that Superbirds and Daytonas are super desirable these days in the collector world. But damn, they are fugly and I get why they didn’t sell when 1st introduced. Still a hard pass for me. 

IMG_4144.webp

Those cars were built special for NASCAR--- Depending on who you talk to only 500 to 550 Dodge Daytonas were built in 69. They built again depending who one talks to some 1100 Superbirds. NASCAR rules at the time required there had to be  a minimum of 500 units for a body style to be eligible. Richard Petty wanted to run the Dodge in 69 but Chrysler said no they were assigned to Plymouth. He basically told them to pack it and went to Ford in 69 and kicked butt. Plymouth built the Bird to appease them and to come back to Chrysler. I agree they are ugly as street cars stock but in NASCAR trim lowered and with big tires they made a good looking race car. Those days in NASCAR were known as the Aero War Days. Ford had their Torina Talladega and Mercury had the Cyclone Spoiler II. By 71 NASCAR had banned all of them

• Like 4

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

1 hour ago, touch said:

16932422096391350460307872884524.jpg

Our course is closed today due to them holding a Celebration of Life service for the now owner's FIL. I did some mat and net work here at the house. I am scheduled to play league tomorrow and Thursday and the small money game Wednesday. Friday not sure. My running partner Big Bear called and wants me on a Shootout team he put together for Saturday. Not sure how much golf we will get in after tomorrow. We have a Tropical Storm coming in. The Weather Gurus on Local and National levels are still arguing how much rain we will get. Some say 6in some say only 2in. If we get over 2in the course will not be playable for several days. I just shrug and laugh and ride the storm out and whatever happens will happen

12 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Those cars were built special for NASCAR--- Depending on who you talk to only 500 to 550 Dodge Daytonas were built in 69. They built again depending who one talks to some 1100 Superbirds. NASCAR rules at the time required there had to be  a minimum of 500 units for a body style to be eligible. Richard Petty wanted to run the Dodge in 69 but Chrysler said no they were assigned to Plymouth. He basically told them to pack it and went to Ford in 69 and kicked butt. Plymouth built the Bird to appease them and to come back to Chrysler. I agree they are ugly as street cars stock but in NASCAR trim lowered and with big tires they made a good looking race car. Those days in NASCAR were known as the Aero War Days. Ford had their Torina Talladega and Mercury had the Cyclone Spoiler II. By 71 NASCAR had banned all of them

When I was really young a guy at the end of that street had the exact same one I posted. I remember vividly being enamored w/the big wing and Road Runner sticker. To think about what that car is worth today is kinda surreal. 

• Like 2

A little edit on the above Post. NASCAR at first did not ban the Aero cars ought right but placed engine restrictions on them. IN 71 in the Daytona 500 a guy named Richard Brooks showed up with the only Aero car in the field. With the restrictions it was limited to only 305 cubic inches where the other Chrysler products were allowed the 426 CI Hemi and Ford the Boss 429 CI. Keith Black known in drag racing circles built the engine. With the slick body even handicapped with the CI limit it kicked butt. Brooks led a good bit of the race and many felt he could have won had he not gotten in a wreck not of his own making. After that NASCAR outrightly banned the Aero bodies both Chrysler and FOMOCO

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TiScape said:

When I was really young a guy at the end of that street had the exact same one I posted. I remember vividly being enamored w/the big wing and Road Runner sticker. To think about what that car is worth today is kinda surreal. 

I saw one on Barett Jackson go for around 200k--- Now it was all original stored inside with ultra low mileage. The Guy on Graveyard Cars Mark Worman who is THE Mopar expert said it went cheap with that pedigree and someone got a bargain. But I think it was a 440 automatic car. The Hemi 4 speeds command more money.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Put that head on the end of a “broomstick” shaft and he will probably stroke out! 
🤣

*does it actually stand on its own?! 😜

LOL lay off us old fart broken back broomstick putting guys. If his is stock it would have to have a bunch of weight added to make it heavy enough for a broomstick. My running partner Big Bear brought mine out of the bag last week. He remarked one needed a hand truck to carry it. Mine is stock Ping from the factory but I did cut it down from 48" to 46" so I added about 8 grams of lead tape right in the middle to get the weight where I wanted it

• Like 1

With a high of 92° while playing today, we thoroughly enjoyed the round! Got a good 7 mile walk in. Had a nice 10-15 mph wind off the lake, which made it even more comfortable, but also made shots harder to judge. I was happy with an 80, but not with the bogey-bogey finish that cost me a sub-80 round. Probably didn’t help that I had 2 beers between 16 and 18, but man, they went down nice and cold!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

LOL lay off us old fart broken back broomstick putting guys. If his is stock it would have to have a bunch of weight added to make it heavy enough for a broomstick. My running partner Big Bear brought mine out of the bag last week. He remarked one needed a hand truck to carry it. Mine is stock Ping from the factory but I did cut it down from 48" to 46" so I added about 8 grams of lead tape right in the middle to get the weight where I wanted it

... LOL, I am quite the opposite and have always played a 32.75" putter. That allows my arms to hang naturally with no manipulation and I can just swing my arms back and through. And yea, the short length always means lead tape added to the sole. 

LeadTapeputter.JPG.335d5022fd13bf4072671c2abc2bb2f1.JPG

• Like 4

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra Aerojet 20* 7 wood* ... Kai'Li 70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/49*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

they never threw any publications away

After my grandma passed away, we were going through her house to tidy it up and get it ready to sell. 

In a closet in one of the bedrooms was every single issue of TV Guide from like the early 60s till the most recent one; stacked up chronologically. She died in 1998. 

That was A LOT of TV Guide. Man, I wish I could ask her "Grandma, why? This is weird." 

Edited by aenemated
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

22 minutes ago, chisag said:

... LOL, I am quite the opposite and have always played a 32.75" putter. That allows my arms to hang naturally with no manipulation and I can just swing my arms back and through. And yea, the short length always means lead tape added to the sole. 

LeadTapeputter.JPG.335d5022fd13bf4072671c2abc2bb2f1.JPG

I can remember a few years back Paul Goydos putted with one that was as short as a Kid's Putt Putt Putter. After what he did yesterday 4 putting and blowing the tournament maybe he needs to go back. It amazes me you can putt with one that short with your back problems

2 minutes ago, aenemated said:

After my grandma passed away, we were going through her house to tidy it up and get it ready to sell. 

In a closet in one of the bedrooms was every single issue of TV Guide from like the early 60s till the most recent one; stacked up chronologically. She died in 1998. 

That was A LOT of TV Guide. Man, I wish I could ask her "Grandma, why? This is weird." 

Yeah TV guide was among my Grannie's stuff too. Why I had no idea because she had only 2 stations where she lived and she knew most of the time what was on and when

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aenemated said:

I had a Granny that stockpiled TV Guide and Reader's Digest. Never understood as a kid. Now that I'm old and can't remember anything I suppose it would represent an endless supply of "new" reading material.

Edited by sunbeltgolfer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, sunbeltgolfer said:

Now that I'm old and ca't remember anything I suppose it would represent and endless supply of "new" reading material.

Hahaha that's me and all the books I have sitting on my nightstand I need to finish reading. 

Problem is I keep buying new ones. 

ghostbusters-library.gif

Edited by aenemated
  • Like 4

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)