ASK QUESTIONS: SkyTrak Live Chat and Q&A! Live in the Forum on 5/17!

464641932_SKYTRAKLIVECHAT.png.a4353f2ac1159fdb4e3892b1a56aa207.png

We are excited to announce that on May 17, 2023 beginning at 12:00 ET, we will be joined by SkyTrak experts to answer your questions about their brand new SkyTrak+ Golf Simulator and Launch Monitor! The SkyTrak + brings tour level accuracy at a price that allows you to practice, play and compete anywhere, at any time, and we want our members to be able to gather as much information as possible. Get your questions in now to ensure they are answered!

About the SkyTrak+
The new SkyTrak+ brings major advancements in its core technology by adding a dual doppler radar system, combined with proprietary machine learning software - the new device will bring unmatched accuracy in its class. The radar addition leads to a major improvement in shot capture and brings club data to the forefront of the experience, allowing SkyTrak golfers to improve their game with even more data at their fingertips. More big innovation comes in the new and improved SkyTrak Shot Optimizer and Shot Score functionality. You can now measure yourself against optimal shots and golfers of all skill levels pulled from our database of millions of golf shots.

With over 70,000+ members, access to over 100,000 golf courses (including Pebble Beach Golf Links, Bandon Dunes, Torrey Pines and many more) and the best gameplay simulation software in the industry, the SkyTrak+ will instantly transport you to courses all around the world that you can play with your
friends from the comfort of your home.

Check out our deep dive into the SkyTrak+ here.

Who is on the panel?

@Nick Clearwater - Senior Vice President of Player Development, Golf Digest Top 50 Teacher
@Jordan Vogler - Community Manager

When is it?

Wednesday, May 17th @ 12:00 PM ET / 9:00 AM PT

• GolfWRX_Official changed the title to ASK QUESTIONS: SkyTrak Live Chat and Q&A! Live in the Forum on 5/17!

With the new upgrades what sets you apart and ahead of you peers/competition?

• Like 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

A couple of questions here:

• For those of us with existing TGC 2019 subscriptions, is the new hardware plug-n-play or do we need a new software subscription that is compatible with the new Skytrak+?
  • What are the laptop requirements to run the new software/hardware? Will my old laptop work with the new Skytrak+ hardware?
  • The prior model had a delay between when a ball was hit and being able to see ball flight, how has that been addressed in the new hardware? The GolfWRX article says that is no longer an issue.
  • With the prior hardware I noticed an increased number of missed shot issues (hardware registers something happened, but just resets to Ready without displaying a shot) when using clubs with white paint on the crown like TaylorMade M2 Driver/M3 Hybrid, or when wearing white shoes. How does the new 40% larger hitting area address this?

Thank you

• Like 1

In this video it appears there is still a pretty significant delay between contact and and seeing the ball flight in the software.  Is this the experience we should expect with the new unit?

1:15 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWPveaVSbLQ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paradym 10.5 w/Graphite Design ADHD 5S

Paradym 3WHL w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Paradym 7W w/ Tensei Blue 6S

Ping 425 4H w/Tensei Orange 80HYS at 23°

Yonex Ezone CB 301 5-PW w/ Nippon Modus TOUR125S

Mizuno Copper T22 50S, 54D, 58X w/ Project X LZ 6.0

LAB Golf B.2

Thank you for the opportunity, I'm super interested in a higher-end consumer LM for my home simulator and Skytrak+ is certainly on my list.

Is the intent for Skytrak+ to be competing with the MLM/Mevo market, or the Eye Mini/BLP/GC3 market?

My concern is accuracy - if I'm spending $3k on a unit, I want it to be basically 100% true-to-life. My impression of the original Skytrak is that it was good but not perfect in that regard. Does Skytrak think this unit rivals BLP in terms of accuracy? Is there any money-back guarantee phase with the Skytrak unit?

Edited by gophers79
  • Like 2

Ping G425 Max, 12* set to 13.5*, Tensei AV Raw Orange 65 R
Ping G425 Max 5 wood, 17.5* set to 18.5*, Tensei AV Raw Orange 75 S

Titleist 818h1 23* set to 24*, Project X Evenflow Blue S

Ping i210 4-UW, Nippon Modus 105S, Black Dot
Titleist Vokey SM7 54* 14F, 58* 12D Wedge Flex
Evnroll ER6B

Titleist Pro V1

I would like to know if putting is still included, have you made it more user friendly and more accurate. I believe that along with less lag in shot to screen would be amazing. The simulation software that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. with amazing courses accurate data for high s.s. and putting. I’d be sold.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 4:00 PM, Pjpurdy said:

A couple of questions here:

• For those of us with existing TGC 2019 subscriptions, is the new hardware plug-n-play or do we need a new software subscription that is compatible with the new Skytrak+?
  • What are the laptop requirements to run the new software/hardware? Will my old laptop work with the new Skytrak+ hardware?
  • The prior model had a delay between when a ball was hit and being able to see ball flight, how has that been addressed in the new hardware? The GolfWRX article says that is no longer an issue.
  • With the prior hardware I noticed an increased number of missed shot issues (hardware registers something happened, but just resets to Ready without displaying a shot) when using clubs with white paint on the crown like TaylorMade M2 Driver/M3 Hybrid, or when wearing white shoes. How does the new 40% larger hitting area address this?

Thank you

Same questions as I’m guessing a lot of current skytrak owners would want to know if the new one would be plug and play if we already have the old version using TGC2019. 

• Like 2

Why no OTP for the device?

Does the radar have any requirements? No metal studs, etc?

Why is this better than MLM2Pro which also has the Rapsodo name?

Why is this any better than a Bushnell? Is it shown to be as accurate? GC3s are shown to be equal to GCQuads, and outside of really fast drivers they are the gold standard. All due respect, I don't see anything other than not needing a sticker…. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

On 5/10/2023 at 3:06 AM, wedgegame said:

In this video it appears there is still a pretty significant delay between contact and and seeing the ball flight in the software.  Is this the experience we should expect with the new unit?

1:15 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWPveaVSbLQ

This so completely turns me off of this unit -- it's 2023, not 2013.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

There has been a statement that “It has an updated photometric camera system along with dual doppler radar”. Does this updated photo metric camera work with the Doppler for a more accurate algorithm of the output? The GC3 has 3 cameras and has been shown to be more accurate. Does this improvement increase accuracy? A strong story on the technology would push me over the edge to pre-order. 

On 5/9/2023 at 3:23 AM, yoose said:

The info mentions a machine learning algorithm that provides club data. What club data is actually measured vs what’s being calculated by the algorithm. Will the model be improved? If so will there be updates available?

Why is AoA not included? It would seem that if other club parameters were being measured, AoA would be easy to calculate. 

• Like 1

There is a ton of exciting new LM and sim product recently. I had not really been tracking the Skytrack. I’m building a sim this fall and planning to use the LM 90+% of the time indoors, as a sim. But I thought I saw it cannot be used outdoors on a grass range? Seems like bad info since it uses two methods to collect data. 

Theres a lot of course options listed. Is that mostly TGC2019 and GSPRO? Any idea if TGC2019 will be refreshed soon? It has some problems like the first bounce thing etc but I sure love the library. There’s a fair amount of my local courses on 2019 and that adds a lot of value to me but I’ll have a tough time investing in such an old build that seems to have very little publisher support anymore. GSPro also seems good but so many growing pains and bugs I see on the user group pages. I’d like to understand what I have to look forward to software wise. I’m not sooooo interested in the range/club data stuff like I am in a great simulator experience. It’s doubtful, but integrating the new EA game would be a great option.

Is there a distance from ball strike to screen minimum? It can matter in the radar units and you have both… although it’s a side unit so I would guess no. 

Thought of another one. Any chance of making the sim side work on Xbox or PS5? Wouldn’t THAT be a game changer?

I’m sure I’ll think of more questions I missed later, but those are the most important to me right now. 

Thanks for your time!

Edited by gticlay

On 5/12/2023 at 12:39 PM, bjh1 said:

is it any better than the original SkyTrak with chipping?  I have a lot of missed reads on chip shots.

Hello Bjh1 - Yes, SkyTrak+ works with small chips and high lofted wedges. We will have a video on our YouTube channel highlighting high-lofted wedges and it will be dropping tomorrow. Subscribe to our channel when it does live. https://bit.ly/ST_YT_Featured

Nick, when using the Skytrak with students, what are first and most important stats you look for?

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

20 hours ago, BigMack said:

Why is AoA not included? It would seem that if other club parameters were being measured, AoA would be easy to calculate. 

Hey!

We first wanted to spend the development time on displaying accurate face and path numbers. We haven't stopped the club head display development. AoA is on my radar too!

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 11:21 PM, GirlDadGolfer0204 said:

I would like to know if putting is still included, have you made it more user friendly and more accurate. I believe that along with less lag in shot to screen would be amazing. The simulation software that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. with amazing courses accurate data for high s.s. and putting. I’d be sold.

Hello GirlDadGolfer204 - Yes, putting will be available when using one of our simulation offerings. Although there is still a delay, the shot to show has improved. Stay tuned for more information on software and simulation offerings! 

22 hours ago, Ozgie said:

There has been a statement that “It has an updated photometric camera system along with dual doppler radar”. Does this updated photo metric camera work with the Doppler for a more accurate algorithm of the output? The GC3 has 3 cameras and has been shown to be more accurate. Does this improvement increase accuracy? A strong story on the technology would push me over the edge to pre-order. 

Great question, Ozgie! The photo metric system captures the ball data. The doppler captures club data. The photo metric system is pretty solid. in the testing i've done, the differences between GC3 and ST+ are almost insignificant. ST+ gives face angle data that GC3 does not. That is an important separator. Also, the combined skill from SkyTrak and GOLFTEC might give us a bit of an edge on the software side very soon 🙂

3 minutes ago, wbond said:

What is the actual improvement for shot to show time from the original to the + model?

Shot to Show on ST+ is currently around 2 seconds. the OG SkyTrak varied from user to user on the shot to show time. Therefore, resulting time shortening will vary by user. Does that answer your question well enough???

On 5/8/2023 at 1:39 PM, molecularman said:

Thanks for doing this.

I know one criticism of the original SkyTrak was a lack of accuracy/reads for high swing speed/ball speed players.    Has that been improved in this version?

Hello Molecularman - Yes, SkyTrak+ works with high swing speed and high ball speed players. Our Product Development Engineer swings it around 120mph club head speed. He has no issues with shot capture on SkyTrak+.