2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

APPLY NOW: Fujikura Member Trip and VeloCore Fitting Experience! 4 Members Needed!

1. Handicap? 7

2. What is your current location? New York, NY
3. What are your current iron shafts? Project X 6.5

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? No, distance and SS have never been an issue and it has always been my understanding that steel shafts will be more predictable (whether true or not).

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? Fujikura is widely considered to be a top tier shaft brand, so I would definitely consider their shafts if it improves my golf game. 

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023? Yes.

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Yes.

1. Handicap?

2. What is your current location?

Roseville, CA
3. What are your current iron shafts?

NIPPON PRO MODUS 120S

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not?

Yes, but I have always been scared of the difference in weight and flex changes, but I also have not been fitted for them. 

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products?

Going to the source and figuring out what makes these shafts used by so many PGA pros is a real no-brainer. I tried to get fit for the Ventus line and have not found a correct fitting that doesn’t try to sell like a used car salesman for whatever shaft they like at the moment. I ended up buying several shafts on my own and could never get the properly fitted shaft before going too far over budget. Really frustrating but this would be an over the top experience if I was to be chosen for this once in a lifetime experience.

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023?

yes, yes and yes let’s go!

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media?

Yes of course, I’m willing to put double (or more) of the time I spend in the trip with a complete sharing my complete experience to  GOLFWRX and Fujikura fans. 

1. Handicap? 5.5

2. What is your current location? Bristol, Tennessee
3. What are your current iron shafts? True Temper S400

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? I have not. I have always assumed graphite iron shafts were for slower swing speeds and higher handicaps

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? I would love to provide feedback to my golf community and help determine if graphite shafts are a good fit for the better golfer

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Yes

Callaway, Titleist, Miura, Mizuno, Piretti

1. Handicap? 16

2. What is your current location? Tallahassee, FL
3. What are your current iron shafts? True Temper Dynamic Gold x100

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? No. Did not think they would be stable enough for my swing speed (121-123+ mph with driver)

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? I currently play Ventus Velocore (Black) in all my woods. However, I’ve never been properly fit for them. It’s hard to find somewhere that adequately facilitates shaft testing for higher swing speed players. I would love to get feedback from the experts at Fuji about what would best suit my game!

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023? YES

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Yes

1. Handicap?

about a 12

newtown, ct

dynamic gold x7

no, for no reason other than im very comfortable in my current iron shafts

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products?

i currently have ventus shafts in all of my woods and have played their hybrid shaft in a driving iron. i love them. id relish the opportunity to meet their team and gain insight on what makes their products so great. 

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023?

yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media?

of course! 

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

1. Handicap? 7

2. What is your current location? Vancouver, BC Canada 
3. What are your current iron shafts? Kbs tour v 125

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? YES, I've played aero techs and pro 115 

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? I love fujikura produce, currently play Ventus Velocore TR  Blue in my driver.   I've played a lot of Fuji back in the day  

6.Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023? YES, I am on parentslal sabbatical, this would be a perfect get away foe me 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Yes, i love taking pics and writing about golf equipment....I am a good standing Canadians.

WITB
Driver: TM Qi 10 Core 10.5 Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X 
3Wood:TM TI Stealth 3 wood Oban Purple 75 X 
6 Wood: TM TI Stealth 2 Ventus TR Blue 8s
4 iron: TM TI P770 '21 Lo Nippon GOST TS 

Irons: 5 TM TI P760 KBS Tour V 125
6-PW TM TI P7MC KBS Tour V 125 (thanks D_Coop86)  
Wedges: TM TI Hi-Toe 2 51-56-60* KBS 610
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X 5r "Knuckle-neck" w Accra FX 400/Garsen Quad Pro Grip
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x Left Dash

1. Handicap? 11-12

2. What is your current location? Atlanta, GA
3. What are your current iron shafts? Nippon Modus 120x

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? Not until recently as I'm fairly young (34), however between some tendonitis and very positive experiences with a well-fit graphite shaft in a driving iron, I will be testing them moving forward

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? I was a club fitter and builder and general golf equipment nerd for 8 years before leaving the industry, and have been playing again for approximately a year after 10 years away from the game.  Experiencing the current technology and getting fit by some of the industry's best fitters for arguably the highest quality shafts available anywhere would be incredible.

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Absolutely

1. Handicap? 15

2. What is your current location? Framingham, MA
3. What are your current iron shafts? LA Golf L Series 120 X

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? Absolutely, but there are not enough quality options for high swing speed players.

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? I am a golf fitter and would love to expand my knowledge from the most popular shaft company in the market.

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023?Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Absolutely 

1. Handicap? 10

2. What is your current location? Fort Wayne, Indiana
3. What are your current iron shafts? Project X IO 6.0

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? Briefly played Steel Fibers and liked them. 

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products?  My brother-in-law, who was a terrific amateur, is currently testing the Atmos iron shafts and is quickly becoming a believer.  I've had success with the Speeder shaft.  At age 73, I'm still optimistic I can get back to where I once was as a player and believe that the Fujikura fitting experience would solve a key variable.  I'm about to go part-time at work and Indiana summers are beautiful so I can put in the time.  Been working with a physical therapist trainer for 3 years to keep golf fit.

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023?  Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media?  Yes

1. Handicap? 6.2

2. What is your current location? Spartanburg, SC
3. What are your current iron shafts? AMT Tour White S300

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? Tried before, but weren't right for me. 

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? I have Ventus everywhere else...why not in my irons too? 

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023? Yes. 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Of course. 

AI Smoke TD Max 9* w/ AD VF 7x

AI Smoke TD 3W w/ Ventus Black 8x

Apex UW 19 w/ Denali Blue 80tx

G425 4H w/ Ventus Blue 9x

i530 5-U w/ AWT 2.0 S
CBX4 52/58

Phantom 11 LD

1. Handicap? 7

2. What is your current location? Fort Lauderdale, FL 
3. What are your current iron shafts? PX LS 125 6.5

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? Not at this point - haven't really found anything that has outperformed steel, felt as firm, consistent, etc. 

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? I would like to try Graphite Iron Shafts and get dialed into appropriate Wood Shafts as well. 

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023? Yes! 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Yes! 

Callaway Ai Smoke TD Max 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ Blue 7X

Callaway Ai Smoke 340 Mini 13.5 Project X Denali Blue 70TX

Callaway Apex UW 19 Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 85TX

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Project X LS 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM10 50.12F True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM10 56.12D True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Titleist Vokey SM10 60.04T True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport+

1. Handicap? 15

2. What is your current location? Boston, MA
3. What are your current iron shafts? Nippon, Modus 105 in irons.  Ventus in Driver and 4 wood. 

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? No, like the look and feel of steel for now.  Would change.

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? Love the shafts in my woods, really brought stability to my game from the tee, and have intrigue in Axiom product. 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Absolutely!

1. Handicap? 1.8

2. What is your current location? Chicago, IL
3. What are your current iron shafts? DG 105 S300

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? Yes. Cost has ultimately not been right for the performance differences.

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? It is only a matter of time before I switch to graphite shafts in my irons. We’ve seen the wood shaft dominate the market, I am excited for the potential of the iron shafts. 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Yes

1. Handicap? 5.0

2. What is your current location? Richmond, VA
3. What are your current iron shafts? KBS $ Taper Lite Stiff

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? Yes. I've played graphite in the past (Catalyst 100, SteelFiber 95, Recoil 95 Proto, Paderson Kinetix) and I actually prefer the feel to steel. The only reason I am not playing graphite right now is cost concerns and lack of availability (they stopped making Catalyst 100). 

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? I am a certified shaft nerd and a golf gear junkie. I love learning about new product and the manufacturing process and the innovations involved in trying to take golf equipment to the next level of performance. I've always believed Fujikura to be the best feeling, best performing shaft brand on the market and if there has ever been a time when Fujikura isn't in my bag, its primarily a cost concern over anything else (I'm of modest means and I don't have the budget to be fitted and purchase the latest and greatest technology brand new). That being said, I think there definitely is a space on this experience for someone who has never tried a VeloCore product but is serious about performance and very discerning to be able to articulate in my hands what this technology is or does that is different than previous technologies or competitors' product.

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Of course, as I have done the other time that I was fortunate to be selected to test product. 

PING G400 Max 10.5º w/ Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 X

PING G400 Max 14.5º w/ Mitsubishi Diamana RF 70 X

Callaway Apex 19 Pro Combo 4-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Ping Glide 4.0 52ºS, 56ºS, 60ºT w/ Z-Z115

TaylorMade Spider X 

1. Handicap? 11.8

2. What is your current location? Toronto, Canada
3. What are your current iron shafts? DG TIX100

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? Yes, play graphite iron shaft in a 2 iron, love the feel, but haven't made the jump to the rest of the set yet.

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? Love my Ventus shafts in DR, 3WD, HYB. So stable, would love to try Axiom and see if its just as good

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Absolutely

1. Handicap?

- Pinehurst, TX

- AWT 2.0 stiff

- yes, but was worried about durability 

- I would love a free trip (obviously) and seeing cool new golf products that will likely be discussed on this forum.  Having first hand knowledge would help me have more engaging conversations.

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023?

- yes

- yes

Edited by dugue4

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics 722E

5w - Sub 70 949X

4H - Ping G425

4-UW Ping i210s

56*, 60* - Sub 70 286

Putter - Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Ball - Vice Pro Zero / Bridgestone Tour B XS

1. Handicap? 11.2

2. What is your current location? Cleveland, Oh.
3. What are your current iron shafts? Nippon Modus 120 X

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? I used to play them when I was younger, but not recently. 

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? I tested their wood shafts and was amazed with the dispersion. 

1. Handicap? 8

2. What is your current location? Los Angeles, CA
3. What are your current iron shafts? Accra iSteel 115

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? Yes, but they have traditionally been too light and soft for my feel preferences. I like to play iron shafts from 115-120g with stiff handle and tip sections. Most graphite that I’ve ever swung was just way too loose for my timing. 

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? That’s an enthusiastic yes from me. I’m a gear junkie and would love to get an inside peek at the facility and all the tech that goes into creating these products. 

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? I love talking golf so that’s not a problem for me. Yes 👍 

On 5/8/2023 at 9:15 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

1. Handicap? 6.2

2. What is your current location? Los Angeles, CA
3. What are your current iron shafts? Px 7.0

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? Yes, recently I think the tech could be exactly what I need to lower spin, flatten ball flight and deliver more consistent results. I am excited to test them as I think they fit for high swing speed players (130 w/ driver). 

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? The above mostly, but even more so I think that there is more technology that can be packed into new materials that will help advance the game and most importantly make me better and allow me to shoot lower scores. I struggle with high spin and high ball flight with high swing speed so this could be perfect. 

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023? Yes, that is an easy trip. 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Absolutely, my friends know I can talk golf products all day and would love to do it where it matters.. 

1. Handicap? 2

2. What is your current location? Wichita, KS 
3. What are your current iron shafts? Nippon Modus 130X (soft stepped) 

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not?  I will consider whatever shafts fits my game the best.  Previously, I have not tried graphite.

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? I am an equipment junkie and learning more about technology is always fun.  I was fitted into Fujikura shafts in my driver (Ventus Velocore Black) and fairways (Ventus TR Red).   So, my interest is natural.  My fitter has his low handicap wife fitted in Ventus iron shafts and they rave about them. 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Yes

Edited by bsb70x7

1.  I am currently a 10 handicap.

2. I am in Cincinnati, OH

3. I play the KBS $-Taper 120’s at the moment.

4.  I have not previously, one because of a lack of options at local fitter and two because of perceived price difference/bang for buck.  
5.  I would really like the chance to try some of the Ventus products, I’ve been a Ping driver/woods player and I don’t have to option to hit the Ping/Ventus combo at my local shops.  I’m also in engineering and have really been fascinated by golf science for the last year so it would be a neat opportunity.

6. Yes I am available to travel those days.

7.  Yes I am willing to do all of that.

1. Handicap? +1.0

2. What is your current location? Sparks, NV
3. What are your current iron shafts? Modus 125x

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? Never tried Graphite in irons

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? My Ventus Black 7x is amazing 

[size=3]Taylormade M5- Oban Kiyoshi White 75 O5[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M1 - Kuro Kage 70x [/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Utility 19.5 degree [/size][size=3]- C Taper Lite X[/size]
[size=3]4-PW Srixon Z765 - Modus3 125x [/size]
[size=3]King Pur Wedges 52, 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Custom by Kia Ma Taylormade Daytona 

1. Handicap? 5.5

2. What is your current location? Austin, Texas
3. What are your current iron shafts? Oban CT 115 x-

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? Yes I have tried Steelfiber 125S, MMT 105TX hard stepped, and MMT 125TX. The steel fiber had no feeling and the distances between each club was a big delta. The MMT 105TX and 125TX  felt even more rigid and the spin was very low. Ball speeds were higher than steel but the kick of a traditional iron shaft was eviscerated!  

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? I would love to learn and see the facilities R&D, marketing, sales, and meet all the people that are behind such an incredible product that continues to revolutionize the sport. The dominance of Fujikura is unparalleled and to be able to have the opportunity to tour the facility and possibly get fit for anything is a bucket wish list. Being able to test the newest products would also aide in dialing in the equipment so that I could focus more on playing the best of my abilities! 

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023? Absolutely! 

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Would be honored and blessed too!

1. Handicap? 5.8

2. What is your current location? Jasper, AB, Canada
3. What are your current iron shafts? Nippon modus pro 105

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? No I haven’t. Was worried about the weight of the shaft effecting the ball flight.

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? I’m interested to see how the numbers of the graphite shafts compare to my current steel shafts!

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? Absolutely

1. Handicap? 

Minnesota

MMT

Yes

Who wouldn’t want to try out the #1 driver shaft in golf. I’ve always been intrigued, but could never afford a real Ventus 

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023?

Yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikuracontent and media?

Yes I am!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

1. 14.5

2. Charlotte, NC
3. DG X100 TI

4. Yes. I’ve dealt with rib injuries and would enjoy the lower stress of graphite.

5. I currently game a TR Blue 6S in my driver, Red 7S in my 4 wood, and Blue HB 8S in my hybrid. Love Fuji shafts!

6. Yes

7. Absolutely!

Titleist TSR2 10* Ventus Blue TR 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5* Ventus Red 7S

Ping G425 22* Ventus Blue HB 8S

Taylormade P770 5-P DG X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50/54/58 S400

Bettinardi BB8W Stability Tour Black

1. Handicap

-Charlotte, NC

-Nippon Super Peening Blue 130x

-I played LAGP L Series for almost a year 

-I’ve been very excited to try the new axiom shafts, because they sound perfect but my fitter hasn’t had the demos arrive yet. I’ve also always wanted to experience a tour level fitting, and what better place than in California and with Fuji! Quite literally an experience of a lifetime. 

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023?

-Yes 

-Yes 

Edited by EHSGolf1

Taylormade Stealth 9 w/ Tensei White 1K 60TX

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 16.5 w/ Tensei White 1K 80TX

Callaway Apex UW 21 w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 90TX

Miura TC-201 4-PW w/ LAGP L-Series 
Artisan 50, 55, 60 w/ LAGP L-Series 

Evnroll ER11V

1. Handicap? 6.5

2. What is your current location? Frankfort Ky. 
3. What are your current iron shafts? Currently Nippon modus 105, but I'm probably going back to KBS tours. Nippons might be too light. 

4. Have you ever considered graphite iron shafts? If no, why not? I have but lack of demo offerings or a good fitter just stops that idea.

5. Why would you like to visit the Fujikura and test Fujikura's newest products? I play fuji in my driver, so access to the whole range of products and the staff who actually have  the knowledge to fit them would be great. Maybe I could actually switch shafts and save my body some stress.

6. Are you available to to travel and be on site 5/30/2023 through 6/1/2023? yes

7. Are you willing to post high quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Fujikura content and media? yes