NCL           Houston                 Tampa                    Seattle

DMM         NYJ/NE Under PP  Seattle                  HOU/IND Under 

touch        Houston                  Tampa                    Buffalo

Q               Detroit                     New England PP    NYJ/NE Under

doc           BUF/MIA Under       Atlanta                   Chicago PP

NJBF        Houston                   New England         Tampa PP   

nsx           Washington              Jacksonville           Buffalo PP 

CH           Cincinnati PP               CLE/CIN Under      Houston  

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Week 18   Lines for Picks

Saturday Jan 6th

Pittsburgh -3 1/2              at             Baltimore                 37 1/2 

Houston                            at             Indy -1                     47

Sunday 

Tampa -5 1/2                   at             Carolina                   37 1/2

Jacksonville -3 1/2          at             Tennessee              40 1/2 

Cleveland                        at              Cincinnati -5           40

Atlanta                             at             New Orleans -4       41 1/2

NY Jets                           at              New England -2      32

Minnesota                       at              Detroit -5                45

Philadelphia -6               at              NY Giants                42 1/2

Dallas -13 1/2                 at              Washington              46 1/2

Chicago                          at              Green Bay -3           44

LA Rams                         at              San Fran -5              42 1/2

Kansas City                   at               LA Chargers -1 1/2  35 1/2 

Seattle -3                      at               Arizona                      47 1/2 

Denver                           at               Las Vegas -2 1/2       38

Buffalo -3                      at               Miami                          50 

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

10 hours ago, chisag said:

... I am always a little shocked at how much weight some GM's put into winning. Give me a QB keeping a bad team in the game over a QB managing a good team and facing very little adversity. I think QB is a little like golf, it's easy when everything is going your way but crazy difficult when struggling. 

Ahhh here

The front office geniuses made a test

@Journalist Bob McGinn of GoLongTD.com reported that Stroud scored 18% on the test, while Bryce Young scored 98%. McGinn quoted an anonymous executive saying Stroud’s score was a red flag.“

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/houston-texans-c-j-stroud-s2-cognition-test-nfl-18494644.php

CJ be like

Grade this 🤣

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I thank you too. I had the under on that game.

Oh yeah you also won. Sorry I overlooked that. 

3 hours ago, touch said:

So it's 4th and 1 in the Red Zone late in an important game with playoff implications against a division opponent, and you call a pass play to a 3rd string running back? 

How'd that call work out for you Indianapolis? 😆 

Our Leader (NCL), doc, CH, and myself thank you for that blunder # 31. 

The guy should have caught the pass, but it wasn’t a very good throw, either. I don’t know if the RB turned the wrong way when he ran the route or if the QB put the ball on the wrong side, but the RB had to pirouette to try and catch it. 

It was still a fun game to watch. Love a season finale with a playoff berth riding on the outcome for both teams. I’m very happy for Stroud and Ryans!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

CJ be like

Grade this 🤣

... Da Bearz GM Ryan Pace did the same thing with Trubisky and it was one of the main reasons he chose him over Mahomes. A written test score. 🙊🙉🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

10 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

Would they swap coaching staffs, too?

... I think it is more of a how would they play given the current circumstances. Again the Texans were expected to struggle. CJ has the ability to throw off his back foot consistently well, even deep downfield. Young does not have that kind of arm talent. I am not saying their teams fortunes would be reversed but I think the Panthers would have won more and the Texans would have won less. I said before the draft Stroud was the only QB in that bunch I would have drafted but also said the biggest chance for a bust would be Richardson. Too early to tell on Richardson but he played way better than I thought he would before his injury so bust is already off the table. As we have been saying, predicting how a college QB will do in the Pro's is just so insanely difficult. 

6 hours ago, touch said:

So it's 4th and 1 in the Red Zone late in an important game with playoff implications against a division opponent, and you call a pass play to a 3rd string running back? 

How'd that call work out for you Indianapolis? 😆 

Our Leader (NCL), doc, CH, and myself thank you for that blunder # 31. 

:classic_laugh:

Talk about a classic 2nd guess. :classic_rolleyes:

Did you happen to catch the part about the Colts passing more on 4th & short than any other team ? Obviously, they feel it works for them better than other plays - but no play works every time.

Throw was slightly off but ball was catchable - witness the reaction of the receiver who knew he should've caught it (anyway) and knew the season was over.

Also a classic "Do you go with your strength knowing the defense s/b ready for it ? Or do you go with something else - For exactly the same reason ?

Oh, and is there a "prize" for other than 1st place ? Or is it just for "bragging" rights ?

Barring a miracle correct Super Bowl pick, NCL's already won.

Oh, & reason I came by - 'nother "rant".

Trevor Lawrence, 3rd & long-ish, in a game they HAVE to have, breaks out of the pocket and running left has a defender trailing (sideways) and goes OB 5 yards short and they have to take the field goal.

Now I get Lawrence isn't Lamar, or Jalen, or,,,,,,, AND his shoulder is sketchy, but he can still give himself up. He's got to know if he puts a foot in the ground that defender is going right past him, he stays in and gets, if not the 1st down, close enough to go for it on 4th down.

As usual, I don't get it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by nsxguy
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

22 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Oh, & reason I came by - 'nother "rant".

Trevor Lawrence, 3rd & long-ish, in a game they HAVE to have, breaks out of the pocket and running left has a defender trailing (sideways) and goes OB 5 yards short and they have to take the field goal.

Now I get Lawrence isn't Lamar, or Jalen, or,,,,,,, AND his shoulder is sketchy, but he can still give himself up. He's got to know if he puts a foot in the ground that defender is going right past him, he stays in and gets, if not the 1st down, close enough to go for it on 4th down.

As usual, I don't get it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

... Easy for you to say from the comfort of your couch. 😉   What good is getting close to a first down if you can't participate in the playoffs? It takes one single hit from todays insanely strong/fast defensive players to not only end participation in a game, but end a season or even an entire career. Personally, I don't think any NFL QB should take a hit. Ever. Just slide or get out of bounds and live to play another day. There have been more but this is from early December:

Quarterback injuries one-by-one

The first to have his season cut short wasNew York Jets star Aaron Rodgers, who spent 18 years with the Packers. Rodgers ruptured his Achilles tendon in the first quarter in his debut game on September 11.

He was followed in week five by Anthony Richardson, a rookie selected in the first round of this year's draft to command the Indianapolis Colts offense.  In week two, Richardson left the matchup against the Texans with a concussion that prevented him from playing against the Ravens in Week 3. 

He resumed testing in Weeks 4 and 5, but in the latter, he injured his right shoulder, requiring surgery and months of recovery.

The 35-year-old veteran Kirk Cousins of the Minnesota Vikings became the second quarterback to miss the season with a ruptured Achilles tendon in the week eight matchup against the Packers.

In the case of Daniel Jones of the New York Giants, a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee sidelined him for the season in week nine. 

At the end of the Week 10 game against the Ravens, Deshaun Watson, of the Cleveland Browns, informed his team that he felt severe pain in his right shoulder; an MRI revealed that he had a displaced fracture that ended his activity this year.

The next with a serious injury was Joe Burrow of the Cincinnati Bengals when he tore a ligament in his right wrist in Week 11, an injury that required surgery and ended his season.

Rounding out the list of passers who have been injured this year are Jimmy Garoppolo, Raiders; who had a back injury. Desmond Ridder, Falcons; Derek Carr, Saints; and Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Browns, who all suffered a concussion.

Bryce Young (Panthers), Ryan Tennehill (Titans) and Trevor Lawrence (Jaguars) suffered ankle injuries, while Mathew Stafford (Rams) and Justin Fields (Bears) injured the thumb on their right hands and the Giants' Tyrod Taylor also suffered a rib injury.

Edited by chisag
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Easy for you to say from the comfort of your couch. 😉   What good is getting close to a first down if you can't participate in the playoffs? It takes one single hit from todays insanely strong/fast defensive players to not only end participation in a game, but end a season or even an entire career. Personally, I don't think any NFL QB should take a hit. Ever. Just slide or get out of bounds and live to play another day. There have been more but this is from early December:

The first to have his season cut short wasNew York Jets star Aaron Rodgers, who spent 18 years with the Packers. Rodgers ruptured his Achilles tendon in the first quarter in his debut game on September 11.

He was followed in week five by Anthony Richardson, a rookie selected in the first round of this year's draft to command the Indianapolis Colts offense.  In week two, Richardson left the matchup against the Texans with a concussion that prevented him from playing against the Ravens in Week 3. 

He resumed testing in Weeks 4 and 5, but in the latter, he injured his right shoulder, requiring surgery and months of recovery.

The 35-year-old veteran Kirk Cousins of the Minnesota Vikings became the second quarterback to miss the season with a ruptured Achilles tendon in the week eight matchup against the Packers.

In the case of Daniel Jones of the New York Giants, a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee sidelined him for the season in week nine. 

At the end of the Week 10 game against the Ravens, Deshaun Watson, of the Cleveland Browns, informed his team that he felt severe pain in his right shoulder; an MRI revealed that he had a displaced fracture that ended his activity this year.

The next with a serious injury was Joe Burrow of the Cincinnati Bengals when he tore a ligament in his right wrist in Week 11, an injury that required surgery and ended his season.

Rounding out the list of passers who have been injured this year are Jimmy Garoppolo, Raiders; who had a back injury. Desmond Ridder, Falcons; Derek Carr, Saints; and Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Browns, who all suffered a concussion.

Bryce Young (Panthers), Ryan Tennehill (Titans) and Trevor Lawrence (Jaguars) suffered ankle injuries, while Mathew Stafford (Rams) and Justin Fields (Bears) injured the thumb on their right hands and the Giants' Tyrod Taylor also suffered a rib injury.

Just proof Kenny Pickett isn’t considered an NFL quarterback.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, chisag said:

LOL Yup, from my couch. But I've put my foot in the ground many times in a number of different sports - and I wasn't any speedster. It ain't that hard. And it ain't opening day. It's win or go home.

Nevertheless, while I totally understand how Qbs nowadays "get down" whereby in days of old they'd have never done it, mostly(?) due to embarrassment, protecting themselves from injury, especially the "needless" kind, is the thing to do - but making the playoffs is fairly important goal, no ?

I also believe I mentioned there was, or seemed to be, room beyond that defender, where he COULD have gotten down and prevented a hit and been a lot closer, or even made the 1st.

• Like 1

Ping Glide Pro 48*

9 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

LOL Yup, from my couch. But I've put my foot in the ground many times in a number of different sports - and I wasn't any speedster. It ain't that hard. And it ain't opening day. It's win or go home.

Nevertheless, while I totally understand how Qbs nowadays "get down" whereby in days of old they'd have never done it, mostly(?) due to embarrassment, protecting themselves from injury, especially the "needless" kind, is the thing to do - but making the playoffs is fairly important goal, no ?

I also believe I mentioned there was, or seemed to be, room beyond that defender, where he COULD have gotten down and prevented a hit and been a lot closer, or even made the 1st.

... Defensive players have gotten exponentially bigger/stronger and somehow even faster. You just can't compare days of yore with todays NFL players. Any hit can be catastrophic to an NFL QB. I think we all see the difference between the Jets without Rodgers and with Wilson. If the play you were talking about was the first drive, Lawrence would risk re-injurying his shoulder and missing the rest of the game and I thought he did well to get out of bounds and avoid contact.  

... If you are talking about the last drive in a must win game, I can see taking the chance since it is win or go home. But anything before that I want my QB to avoid contact. So many examples of QB's getting injured taking chances. Cutler was praised in the middle of a 6 game winning streak when he chased down a defender after he threw a pick and made the tackle but injuring his thumb. Just dumb in my book as they went on a losing streak after that with the back up and missed the playoffs. Obviously you feel differently and that's cool too but you said "As usual, I don't get it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"  and I was just giving you a different perspective. 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, doctoro said:

Bailey Zappe should not be an NFL QB

"__________________ should not be an NFL QB". Lots of names fit in that blank. It's why legit starters should not risk injury, coaches should take chances on drafting QB's in later rounds as well as bringing in undrafted QB's every single year. There are gems in the rough. There is also a history of busts picked #1. 

... I remember watching Lawrence during the Elite 11 competition and thought he was destined to be a Super Star. 😱

NFL WEEK 17 RESULTS

PATS   -2   PP     L  -10

PATS / JETS   U/32   W  +5

LIONS   -5    W  +5

WK.   2-1      YTD.   27-26-1       PTS.   O     YTD.   122

And here is the weekly W/L totals. Think I need to work on the 1-2's

0-3 /  1

1-2  /  8

2-1  /  5

2-0-1 / 1

3-0  /  2

1-2   /  PP  -10

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

47 minutes ago, chisag said:

"__________________ should not be an NFL QB". Lots of names fit in that blank. It's why legit starters should not risk injury, coaches should take chances on drafting QB's in later rounds as well as bringing in undrafted QB's every single year. There are gems in the rough. There is also a history of busts picked #1. 

... I remember watching Lawrence during the Elite 11 competition and thought he was destined to be a Super Star. 😱

Some very serviceable QB's will be backups forever.  Tyrod Taylor is an example, he might be the best backup in the league.  I should have taken the GMen instead of Atlanta but that's neither here nor there.  

29 minutes ago, doctoro said:

Some very serviceable QB's will be backups forever.  Tyrod Taylor is an example, he might be the best backup in the league.  I should have taken the GMen instead of Atlanta but that's neither here nor there.  

... Yup, many more capable back ups than franchise QB's. They can play really well for a game or two but defenses catch up to them. I was seriously impressed with Bagent and of course he was undrafted. I really think there might be some NAIA or DIII QB's that were over looked but ball out and deserve an invite to some camps. 

This is pretty funny.

7-6 Packers. Pack is on the Bears 23, with no timeouts and 13 seconds remaining in the half.

Love throws a quick out for 5 yards, but WAIT. Bears defender closes quickly and pushes the receiver backwards and OB. Clock keeps running, half over w/o FG attempt.

LaFleur is shown livid and slamming his headphones to the ground. Well dummy, it's your own fault. It was a 40-yarder. OK, not quite a chip shot but for most kickers nowadays, not far from it.

@doctoro I think it's WAY too early to call Lawrence a bust.

Ping Glide Pro 48*

4 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

I think it's WAY too early to call Lawrence a bust.

... Lawrence certainly hasn't lived up to expectations at all. But I'm with you and can't call him a bust yet. But he still has time. 🤪

• Like 1

*NCLANCER LOOK AWAY*

... Timing both young QBs in the pocket today, Love consistently releases the ball in under 2 seconds and often right around 1.5 seconds. Fields is being pressured and/or sacked holding the ball around 3 seconds or longer. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Triple Lindy said:

Well, the last week of the Touch Bowl is upon us. Thanks to the commissioners for all of the work you’ve put into it. I have thoroughly enjoyed it!

Animation Thank You GIF by MillMotion - Find & Share on GIPHY

Thank you Triple Lindy. This contest is a bunch of fun.

It is a long season and it's a good bit of work to keep this contest running smoothly week after week. I'm thankful to those in the group like you who speak up and show your appreciation. I am glad you got involved this year Mr. DFW,. The contest was better because of your participation and contributions. 

Way to end with a huge week. 30 Points! 

Cheers 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chisag said:

Well put damn flags on them then. If you can’t hit them then they shouldn’t be allowed to run EVER.  Put the red or green vests on them like in practice. No hitting them, but no running by them either. 

I don’t give two s**ts what might happen, NX is right, you play to win NOW. Sometimes you have to man up and make a play. 

Oh wait, can’t risk him getting hurt, he’s a generational talent🙄. That was a beautiful pass he threw on 4th and 2 on the last possession.  Five yard out and he overthrew the receiver by miles. 

I think we’ve debated this topic before. I don’t think we’re likely to change each other’s npmind any time soon!😀🍻