2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Mizuno Pro 241, 243, 245 Irons! In-Hand Pics!

1 hour ago, mbbrewer said:

Not the best looking irons. Way too round and Mizuno has never gotten the PW right. 

Matter of taste for sure. To me, these look sweet. Love round irons, that is what I look for. Cannot deal with a square toe. Round ones are easier for me to aim. These are spectacular if you hit them. Big upgrade over the 223. I didn’t care for it. I almost did not hit these for that reason. There’s a lot more to these than meets the eye. 

The 243 sole is much better, the relief and grind is perfect. Top line is thinner. The cavity shape looks more diamond shaped, i like it better. Blade length is the same as JPX 923 Tour. Has a beautiful polished satin finish. Most important, the performance is better. I am a geek over how clubs are made and this video is all that, but I have to admire the Mizuno R&D efforts:

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

16 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

Matter of taste for sure. To me, these look sweet. Love round irons, that is what I look for. Cannot deal with a square toe. Round ones are easier for me to aim. These are spectacular if you hit them. Big upgrade over the 223. I didn’t care for it. I almost did not hit these for that reason. There’s a lot more to these than meets the eye. 

The 243 sole is much better, the relief and grind is perfect. Top line is thinner. The cavity shape looks more diamond shaped, i like it better. Blade length is the same as JPX 923 Tour. Has a beautiful polished satin finish. Most important, the performance is better. I am a geek over how clubs are made and this video is all that, but I have to admire the Mizuno R&D efforts:

Agreed, cannot wait till I get my 243s in hand, ordered 2 weeks.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cdnavalanche9312 said:

Agreed, cannot wait till I get my 243s in hand, ordered 2 weeks.

They are fantastic.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

On 2/1/2024 at 8:44 PM, dmeeksDC said:

I'm really starting to appreciate my 245's behind the ball. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

5 hours ago, The Mad Bomber said:

I'm really starting to appreciate my 245's behind the ball. 

Some really nice improvements from the 225. You can’t go wrong with this lineup. We all sort of take Mizuno for granted. This release was being portrayed by some as barely different from the last but it’s not true. You look closely and the refinements are meaningful.

I was very impressed by the ease of distance from the 243 mid and long irons.  I have played a forged chromoly head before — Proto Concept C05, which are Endo-forged, very high end — but these Mizuno chromoly forged heads (4-7) take a backseat to no one. It’s a set that goes head to head with the T100 but for me the 243 is way easier to hit. That’s just me, I like the look of it and maybe that’s why I hit it better, but the Mizunos seem to do better on low strikes and the long irons are easier to launch. 

• Like 4

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

12 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

Some really nice improvements from the 225. You can’t go wrong with this lineup. We all sort of take Mizuno for granted. This release was being portrayed by some as barely different from the last but it’s not true. You look closely and the refinements are meaningful.

I was very impressed by the ease of distance from the 243 mid and long irons.  I have played a forged chromoly head before — Proto Concept C05, which are Endo-forged, very high end — but these Mizuno chromoly forged heads (4-7) take a backseat to no one. It’s a set that goes head to head with the T100 but for me the 243 is way easier to hit. That’s just me, I like the look of it and maybe that’s why I hit it better, but the Mizunos seem to do better on low strikes and the long irons are easier to launch. 

I would say Mizuno gets held to a higher, almost unachievable standard. I’m on record here saying that the new irons are a little too rounded for my preference, but honestly the new lineup is feels and performs better than anything else I’ve ever hit.  They absolutely killed it with the 24 series and I couldn’t be happier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, youngun87 said:

Can anyone compare the 243 to the 923 JPX Tour? 

From the other thread, a very good summery

dmeeksDC

"in terms of head size they are almost exactly the same. The 243 has a softer shape that I really like over the angular look of the 923 JPX Tour. 

In short irons I doubt you will notice any difference. The 243 is a pure 1020 forged iron in 8-G. Sole may be friendlier on the 243. But 8-G will be about the same for many players. 

In long irons the 243 should be a little easier to hit and retain ball speed a little better on mishits. The chromoly forgings have rapidly improved. That is what the Proto Concept C05 irons are made of, the ones Lydia Ko has won with multiple times. 

So the main difference is the 243 is a combo set in itself due to the mid and long irons while the JPX Tour is not. I would expect to see differences in forgiveness in the 4-7. "

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lord Viking said:

From the other thread, a very good summery

dmeeksDC

"in terms of head size they are almost exactly the same. The 243 has a softer shape that I really like over the angular look of the 923 JPX Tour. 

In short irons I doubt you will notice any difference. The 243 is a pure 1020 forged iron in 8-G. Sole may be friendlier on the 243. But 8-G will be about the same for many players. 

In long irons the 243 should be a little easier to hit and retain ball speed a little better on mishits. The chromoly forgings have rapidly improved. That is what the Proto Concept C05 irons are made of, the ones Lydia Ko has won with multiple times. 

So the main difference is the 243 is a combo set in itself due to the mid and long irons while the JPX Tour is not. I would expect to see differences in forgiveness in the 4-7. "

Thanks for this. I am assuming the 243’s are a bit longer due to their stronger lofts 

TM Stealth+ 9* VENTUS TR BLUE 
TM Stealth 2+ 16.5* VENTUS BLACK 
SRIXON ZK MK II UTILITY 3 IRON NIPPON GOST 

SRIXON ZX MK II UTILITY 4 IRON DG TI 120

ARTISAN PW-5 DG TI 120

CLEVELAND RTX 6 ZIPCORE TOUR RACK 52*

ARTISAN CUSTUM 56* 60* DG TI 
TOUR RAT PROTO

Anyone bent the 245 weaker yet? Seems like that could be really good. 

• Like 1

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

On 1/17/2024 at 11:06 AM, silverstang98 said:

Currently playing T100S 2 degrees upright and wanting to get into 245’s.  I know the lie angles are flatter on Mizuno vs  Titleist.  Anyone know the max upright I can go on the 245’s?

Just ordered a set of MP 245s. 4 degree up from standard 61.5. Can’t wait to see how these do outside vs my PXG 0311 gen 2s. 

16 hours ago, Nichol11 said:

Just ordered a set of MP 245s. 4 degree up from standard 61.5. Can’t wait to see how these do outside vs my PXG 0311 gen 2s. 

4 degrees upright is insane!

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

6 hours ago, PowerCobra98 said:

4 degrees upright is insane!

mizuno lie angle is 1 degree less than all other brands. so if you need 3 degrees up with say ping you need 4 with mizuno for the same. im 2 degrees up with all other brands and have to do 3 degrees up with mizuno. im 6 foot 5.

• Like 1

Ping 430 max 10k GD Tour AD VF 6x

Ping 430 max 5w ventus TR red 7x

Ping 430 max 4 and 5 hybrid ventus blue hb 8S

Mizuno pro 243 modus 115x 6-pw 

Ping S159 50s 54s 58s

Odyssey Ai-one double wide

13 hours ago, jasona93 said:

Really thinking 245 in the 5-6 iron spots, but since they are 4° strong from traditional, 6-7 in 245, 7-8-9 in JPX Tour. 243’s are nice but present gapping issues with top and bottom of my bag. Can anyone comment on whether their 245’s do/do not have the typical hollow iron random jumper hotspots?

I've had mine out for two rounds and haven't seen any jumpers. Furthermore, I've had two indoor Trackman sessions with them and through the bag, they've been really good with front to back dispersion. I'm talking +/- less than three yards with at least 5 balls hit with each club. Spin's been within 400-500rpm with each shot. I've been looking for my unicorn iron and from what I've been able to tell so far, I've got them.

I still REALLY want to try the 243 out on the golf course, but I just don't think it's necessary.

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 9° / Fujikura Ventus Blue w/ Velocore + 6S, 45.25"

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5° 3W / Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6S, 43"

TaylorMade Qi10 18° 5W & 21° 7W/ Mitsubishi Kai'li Blue 72g S

Ping Blueprint-S 5-PW / Project X IO 6.0 110g / Power Spec

Vokey SM10 Nickel 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 58.10 S / Project X IO 6.0 110g

Evnroll ER11vx / Gravity Grip 1.0 / 34.5"

Titleist ProV1 / Golf Pride MCC+4 Blue/Gray

On 2/13/2024 at 10:48 PM, Yzmerf said:

Anyone bent the 245 weaker yet? Seems like that could be really good. 

I was just fit into a set 2 degrees weak. Should have them in hand later this week - excited to go hit the full set. I was concerned about the strength of the lofts but going two weak brought them a bit closer to reasonable. 

• Like 2

On 2/18/2024 at 7:03 AM, jasona93 said:

Really thinking 245 in the 5-6 iron spots, but since they are 4° strong from traditional, 6-7 in 245, 7-8-9 in JPX Tour. 243’s are nice but present gapping issues with top and bottom of my bag. Can anyone comment on whether their 245’s do/do not have the typical hollow iron random jumper hotspots?

Mine have been really good. The long left ball is pretty hot, but the whole set is fast so to be expected. 

• Like 1

i got my 245 4-GW sunday (after getting home from florida of course  - sigh) - went to the range yesterday with them and even with 2* weak; they're so damn good. 

they feel and sound incredible. coming from my i230's, i forgot how good mizuno's feel. 

and the new flihi is very very good too. excited for the snow to melt.

IMG_5408.jpeg

Edited by gioguy21
  • Like 3

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

1 hour ago, gioguy21 said:

i got my 245 4-GW sunday (after getting home from florida of course  - sigh) - went to the range yesterday with them and even with 2* weak; they're so damn good. 

they feel and sound incredible. coming from my i230's, i forgot how good mizuno's feel. 

and the new flihi is very very good too. excited for the snow to melt.

IMG_5408.jpeg

Waiting for my 243s to come in, got them bent 2* weak as well, was there a noticeable difference in offset from the standard lofts? 

1 minute ago, cdnavalanche9312 said:

Waiting for my 243s to come in, got them bent 2* weak as well, was there a noticeable difference in offset from the standard lofts? 

honestly can't tell the difference at address

• Like 1

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

3 minutes ago, cav5 said:

What made you go with the 245s?

dispersion was best, spin was creeping up with the 243's to the 'if i'm in wind it's not so good'. i hit a higher ball naturally so, having excess spin was not what i was looking for. ballspeeds were a slight increase over 243s. so, went with consistency and controllable spin. 

• Like 1

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

2 minutes ago, gioguy21 said:

dispersion was best, spin was creeping up with the 243's to the 'if i'm in wind it's not so good'. i hit a higher ball naturally so, having excess spin was not what i was looking for. ballspeeds were a slight increase over 243s. so, went with consistency and controllable spin. 

ive been considering this since the hmbs came out. Seeing a good player doing it now my interest is mega peaked. here we go $$$

• Like 1

G425lst Ventus Blk 6x

Sim Max 5w TZ6

MP20 HMB 3i x100 MID

ZX7mkii 4-P x100

T22 51S 56D 61X s400

Oworks 7s

1 minute ago, cav5 said:

ive been considering this since the hmbs came out. Seeing a good player doing it now my interest is mega peaked. here we go $$$

appreciate the compliment my guy. 

They really are amazing irons. i was playing i230's before with PX LS 6.5's hardstepped 1x...these with KBS tour x, even weakened 2* i'm seeing my ball flight window down a bit which is what i was looking for. hitting the range again today after work b/c i'm addicted to hitting them lol

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

3 minutes ago, gioguy21 said:

appreciate the compliment my guy. 

They really are amazing irons. i was playing i230's before with PX LS 6.5's hardstepped 1x...these with KBS tour x, even weakened 2* i'm seeing my ball flight window down a bit which is what i was looking for. hitting the range again today after work b/c i'm addicted to hitting them lol

MFer lol. I had the 221s and almost did it with the 225s after I sold the 221s. I ended up picking up the zx7s during a glitch on srixons site for 300 bucks lol and I like them but spin em a bit too much so even trade in my mind LOL.

KBS Tour have the best feel from takeaway to top of backswing bare none and I'm starting to believe that matters more than anything.

Edited by cav5
  • Haha 1

G425lst Ventus Blk 6x

Sim Max 5w TZ6

MP20 HMB 3i x100 MID

ZX7mkii 4-P x100

T22 51S 56D 61X s400

Oworks 7s