MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf DF3 Putter Testing | See What Members Are Saying!

On 3/22/2024 at 10:23 AM, SEP1006 said:

As I stated earlier on this thread I have 2 x DF3's. The main differences are shafts, Accra and TPT. And lies, 75* and 71*. I can roll the ball just as good with either one of them. That's just how good they are. And the feel/roll off the putter face just gives you so much confidence.

IMG_5175.jpg.2a87fa6052753d980445f2a5950387eb.jpgIMG_5173.jpg.df7b3f0131e7fc28d8a328b76d1a9827.jpg

which shaft offers tighter dispersion and distance control?

Had my first full round with this putter and I came away extremely encouraged with it. From working on the putting green, I was able to really get dialed in with my speed finally. I think not putting anything other than this putter in my hands will continue to help with this as well, getting completely accustomed to the torque free feel. I had a couple of lag putts in the 40-50 foot range and I nestled both of them up close. I didn't have any 3 putts in my round. Our greens are rolling nice and quick right now, just shy of 12 on the stimp, and I had 2-3 putts in that scary 5 foot range that I had to play outside of the hole due to the significant break. I was able to make all of them. Those testy little quick ones are where I was worried I might have issues with this putter, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. Where this putter really shines is those 20-30 footers. I was burning the edges all day at that length. I just line my ball up and then align my putter to that same line and it's just so easy to repeat the same stroke every time. My start lines haven't been this good in a long time. I also can't stress how good this putter feels. I've admittedly dabbled in more putters than I ever care to admit, and I don't miss the milled feeling of any of those putters over this one. It has a very premium feel. One of my playing partners even commented how good it sounds as well. I've had experience with both the Mezz and DF 2.1, and I just didn't have the same  overwhelmingly positive opinion about them as I do this DF 3. I think LAB have really struck gold with this thing. They've taken all the great things from the DF 2.1 and eliminated all of the bad.  

Edited by coreyhr
  • Like 3

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

1 hour ago, SEP1006 said:

The Accra shaft has a very soft/muted feel to it. While the TPT shaft isn't a hard feel by any means but it's just not quite as soft. You can feel the ball making contact with the putter face just a touch more.

Good info, I just picked up a Mezz.1 w/the Accra yesterday on the cheap  and was curious how it would feel as the ones in stores with different shafts feel harsh IMO.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ccape0328 said:

Have played a few more rounds with the putter. I’m having a really hard time getting speed down which has led to 3 putts. Gotta keep chugging along. 

this is what a lot of people struggle with in my experience because as the stroke gets longer most start using more hands and wrists accelerating the putter.  keeping the tempo of the stroke consistent and hands quiet takes time and practice.  Over time it gets better.  

TSi3 10 @ 10.75 Ventus Black 6x 45"

TS2 15* Hzrdus smoke black 70g 6.5 43"

TS3 18* Hzrdus smoke black RDX  80g 6.5 41.5"

New Level NLU-01 22* and 25* Hzrdus smoke black rdx 100g 6.5
New Level 902-OS 6-P (KBS tour 130x) -1* weak on each

Vokey sm8 50@49/12 KBS $ taper HT 130, Sm9 54@53/10S,

58/4T KBS $ taper HT 125 or 58/8m DGx100 mid TI
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 35"/ 69* Press II

49 minutes ago, B_of_H said:

this is what a lot of people struggle with in my experience because as the stroke gets longer most start using more hands and wrists accelerating the putter.  keeping the tempo of the stroke consistent and hands quiet takes time and practice.  Over time it gets better.  

Yeah I’m trying to work on keeping my hands quiet and just let gravity do the work.

Ive struggled aiming left as well but he bunk it’s just something I’ve got to work through. I’ve went from putting really well with my Versa to struggling so it’s been tough. 

Qi10 Max w/ Speeder V7.3S
Sim 2 Ti 15* w/ Diamana BB 73S

Callaway UW 19* w/ MMT 70S

Cobra King Tec 4 Hybrid
Cobra King Tour 5-PW

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58
Lab DF3 Putter

For folks who need some encouragement with their LAB journey, KEEP THE FAITH! It genuinely takes time for the lag putting and distance control to come together, but it is most definitely worth it (see below - that one recent dip was deep tined greens with a 1/8" of sand on top)!

I had some real technique issues which LAB illuminated, and now I have those ironed out I am consistently gaining strokes on my putting. You've just got to get the reps in. 

image.png.fd09ab2a9aa9779c3732be10e85a1db0.png

image.png.e5c942c9871e85feb9f152bc7eb8d8a4.png

Edited by Rearviewmirror

G430 Max 10K (10.5º) - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º) - G425 4 Hybrid - i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz1

I've been really intrigued by these. Newport/L neck lover here but these just seem very point and shoot. Managed to get my hands on one the other day and hitting my line seemed very very simple. Could definitely see one finding tis way into the bag for testing, especially that Link1 blade...

Ping G430 LST 10 - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSR2 16.5 - Ventus TR Red 7X

Titleist TSR2 21 - Ventus TR Red 8X

Miura TC201 4-PW - DG Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 Black 50F - DG Tour Issue S400

Titleist Vokey SM9 Black 54S - DG Tour Issue S400

Titleist Vokey SM9 Black 58M - DG Tour Issue S400

Piretti Potenza II Black Onyx

17 hours ago, TillyGolf said:

Could definitely see one finding tis way into the bag for testing, especially that Link1 blade...

The Link is a beautiful putter, but it is worth saying it is definitely not as forgiving as the Mezz/DFs.

• Like 1

G430 Max 10K (10.5º) - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º) - G425 4 Hybrid - i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz1

5 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

The Link is a beautiful putter, but it is worth saying it is definitely not as forgiving as the Mezz/DFs.

Doesn’t feel anywhere close to as good as DF3 to me.  I have a DF2.1 and don’t love its feel.  Feels mettalic. The DF3 feels solid and much more quiet.  It’s why I want one. Just haven’t been able to pull trigger yet.  However, i actually cannot stand the Mezz for whatever reason. Much prefer its size to DF2.1 but the feel is off on it.   Wanted to love the link, but nothing feels like a sweet spot to me.  It always feels harsh or like im missing heel side or toe side every time. 

• Like 3

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I just ordered mine last week and was able to combine 2 sight-lines, G and Q! I went counterbalanced with the TPT shaft and heavy head in the cappuccino color way. I am pumped to say the least. 

KEEP IN MIND, IF YOU ORDERED A COUNTERBALANCE AND CANNOT SEEM TO GET THE HANG OF IT FOR WHATEVER REASON YOU HAVE MULTIPLE OPTIONS:

1. KEEP GRINDING AND DONT GIVE UP
  2. IF THAT DOESNT WORK, YOU CAN CONTACT LAB AND THEY WILL SHORTEN TO NORMAL SPECS.
  3. YOU CAN. SELL IT HERE OR ON FACEBOOK IN THE LAB GROUP!
  • Like 1

Did any of the testers go with standard head weight AND no counterbalancing? Read a lot of posts but it seems the testers in general went with the heavier head. I rolled a DF3 at PGASS today and really liked it. It was stock all the way — standard weight, steel shaft and pistol grip. Other than not liking the T alignment, I thought it was great. A 34-inch, 69 lie angle putter fits me well. 

I previously bought (and sold) a MEZZ1 but I went with the heavier head and the Accra shaft and never really liked either. Putter seemed bulky and the shaft felt dead. DF3 with steel rolled beautifully, felt heavenly. Also rolled a Ping PLD today with their composite shaft and there is no way I would play the Ping shaft either. Felt flimsy. So it is highly probable that I just don’t mesh with the composite putter shafts. The KBS CT steel putter shaft is great IMO. The DF3 is very nice, a big step up by LAB Golf. It is smooth. I would love to see feedback on a boring old steel-shafted, standard weight, standard length build. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Pulled the trigger on a 34.5", 70 lie angle df3. Black, t-alignment. I'm 6'1 and during my fitting that length felt the best to me. 

After seeing results from one of my buddies at the course with the df2.1 last summer, and reading/watching reviews all winter here in Canada, it was a no brainer. Golf trip to Phoenix in April and I am just vibing, cannot wait to get this bad boy out on the course. Putting mats just ain't cutting it haha

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth+ 9° Tour Ad Di 7x

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 

Titleist U500 3iron

TaylorMade P7MC 4-Pw Nippon 120 

50° Titleist Vokey SM8

54° Titleist Vokey SM8

60° Titleist Vokey SM8

TaylorMade Spider SR

TP5x /Pro V1

15 minutes ago, Pops99 said:

Pulled the trigger on a 34.5", 70 lie angle df3. Black, t-alignment. I'm 6'1 and during my fitting that length felt the best to me. 

After seeing results from one of my buddies at the course with the df2.1 last summer, and reading/watching reviews all winter here in Canada, it was a no brainer. Golf trip to Phoenix in April and I am just vibing, cannot wait to get this bad boy out on the course. Putting mats just ain't cutting it haha

Hope you get yours by then 

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

17 minutes ago, Minarets said:

Hope you get yours by then 

Fingers crossed haha. Ordered it 2 weeks ago (slow to post on here) and they said 6 weeks so it will be tight.

Even if not, it should be waiting for me when I get home and my course should be open by then. 

These winters are killing me. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth+ 9° Tour Ad Di 7x

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 

Titleist U500 3iron

TaylorMade P7MC 4-Pw Nippon 120 

50° Titleist Vokey SM8

54° Titleist Vokey SM8

60° Titleist Vokey SM8

TaylorMade Spider SR

TP5x /Pro V1

9 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

Did any of the testers go with standard head weight AND no counterbalancing? Read a lot of posts but it seems the testers in general went with the heavier head. I rolled a DF3 at PGASS today and really liked it. It was stock all the way — standard weight, steel shaft and pistol grip. Other than not liking the T alignment, I thought it was great. A 34-inch, 69 lie angle putter fits me well. 

I previously bought (and sold) a MEZZ1 but I went with the heavier head and the Accra shaft and never really liked either. Putter seemed bulky and the shaft felt dead. DF3 with steel rolled beautifully, felt heavenly. Also rolled a Ping PLD today with their composite shaft and there is no way I would play the Ping shaft either. Felt flimsy. So it is highly probable that I just don’t mesh with the composite putter shafts. The KBS CT steel putter shaft is great IMO. The DF3 is very nice, a big step up by LAB Golf. It is smooth. I would love to see feedback on a boring old steel-shafted, standard weight, standard length build. 

Looking back at the tester builds, it appears that they're are a few conventional length builds. But they're all heavy head weights. Looks like the only standard weight was Rooski and he's got a counterbalance. For what it's worth, Calvin stated during my remote fitting that he's never had a customer regret going with the heavy head weight. The total weight of my putter feels beefy when I pick it up, but doesn't feel overly heavy at all during the stroke. Maybe the weight is more spread out and better distributed with the DF 3 versus the Mezz. Because I too dabbled with the Mezz and wasn't really a fan either. 

Edited by coreyhr
  • Thanks 1

Tons of info here, bit too much for me to read. Do people think this is actually "better" than Mezz max or just "different"?

I've been so streaky with my Mezz since I got it. Im giving it an entire year on Arccos to see how it performs - I've had some of the best putting days with it, but also some of my worst. I'm not sure if it's the overall balance, the head weight or the grip itself but I can't settle in with it. I feel SUPER confident over short putts, but longer putts in that 25-40ft range kill me.

AI Smoke TD 9* -> 10* | Ventus Blue TR 6x

BRNR Mini 11.5* -> 12.5* | Ventus Blue TR 6x

Stealth 2 Plus 18* -> 19* | Accra FX 2.0 380 M5

ZX Utility | Axiom 105x

ZX7 5i | Axiom 125x

0211ST 6-GW | Axiom 125x

T22 54/12 58/12 | Axiom 125x

Bridgestone BX

Mezz Max

2 minutes ago, JamesFisher1990 said:

Tons of info here, bit too much for me to read. Do people think this is actually "better" than Mezz max or just "different"?

I've been so streaky with my Mezz since I got it. Im giving it an entire year on Arccos to see how it performs - I've had some of the best putting days with it, but also some of my worst. I'm not sure if it's the overall balance, the head weight or the grip itself but I can't settle in with it. I feel SUPER confident over short putts, but longer putts in that 25-40ft range kill me.

I myself would say better, not just different. The DF 3 in my opinion is much more consistent when it comes to repeating the stroke. I don't know if it's the large head and weight distribution or what. Even though I know it too was torque free, I found myself feeling like I was still having to fight the Mezz a little bit. Now granted I never tried it in counterbalance and maybe that's the reason I feel like I'm getting more consistency. I will say that the DF 3 is noticeably more forgiving on off center strikes than the Mezz. The feel is also world's better to me, it's got that addictive feel to it that some putters have where you really look forward to hitting that next putt. 

9 minutes ago, coreyhr said:

I myself would say better, not just different. The DF 3 in my opinion is much more consistent when it comes to repeating the stroke. I don't know if it's the large head and weight distribution or what. Even though I know it too was torque free, I found myself feeling like I was still having to fight the Mezz a little bit. Now granted I never tried it in counterbalance and maybe that's the reason I feel like I'm getting more consistency. I will say that the DF 3 is noticeably more forgiving on off center strikes than the Mezz. The feel is also world's better to me, it's got that addictive feel to it that some putters have where you really look forward to hitting that next putt. 

Interesting - I would have assumed mezz max would be the most forgiving from an MOI standpoint bc the weight is truly in the perimeter, just due to shaping.

I never really got along with CB'ed putters... I tried it before and generally struggled with speed control. I might email LAB to see what they think if I don't feel more consistent with it after another month or two. I suspect it's actually the grip, either the size or weight. I've always used pistol grips, either the Pingman or Scotty Pistolinni+.

ZX Utility | Axiom 105x

ZX7 5i | Axiom 125x

0211ST 6-GW | Axiom 125x

Bridgestone BX

Mezz Max

13 minutes ago, JamesFisher1990 said:

Interesting - I would have assumed mezz max would be the most forgiving from an MOI standpoint bc the weight is truly in the perimeter, just due to shaping.

I never really got along with CB'ed putters... I tried it before and generally struggled with speed control. I might email LAB to see what they think if I don't feel more consistent with it after another month or two. I suspect it's actually the grip, either the size or weight. I've always used pistol grips, either the Pingman or Scotty Pistolinni+.

The DF 2.1 is LAB's most forgiving putter. I'm not sure I've read yet where the DF 3 ranks in terms of forgiveness/stability, but it feels much more similar to the DF 2.1 than the Mezz Max to me. 

2 hours ago, coreyhr said:

The DF 2.1 is LAB's most forgiving putter. I'm not sure I've read yet where the DF 3 ranks in terms of forgiveness/stability,

LAB stated that the DF3 is as close to being as forgiving/stable as the DF 2.1 without being identical. So basically not quite but just a hair short.

How's that for technical terminology !!

• Like 1

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG One and Done w/Super Stroke 5.0
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

2 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

LAB stated that the DF3 is as close to being as forgiving/stable as the DF 2.1 without being identical. So basically not quite but just a hair short.

How's that for technical terminology !!

Interesting! Well, the budget doesn't have new clubs in the works for me this year, so I need to work with the Mezz as best I can.

ZX Utility | Axiom 105x

ZX7 5i | Axiom 125x

0211ST 6-GW | Axiom 125x

Bridgestone BX

Mezz Max

6 hours ago, coreyhr said:

Looking back at the tester builds, it appears that they're are a few conventional length builds. But they're all heavy head weights. Looks like the only standard weight was Rooski and he's got a counterbalance. For what it's worth, Calvin stated during my remote fitting that he's never had a customer regret going with the heavy head weight. The total weight of my putter feels beefy when I pick it up, but doesn't feel overly heavy at all during the stroke. Maybe the weight is more spread out and better distributed with the DF 3 versus the Mezz. Because I too dabbled with the Mezz and wasn't really a fan either. 

I have the same thoughts.  The weight is more linear, if that makes sense.   With a normal putter, I feel the weight more in the transitions (which would make sense as it's the torque you feel).    I think that's part of why some have a hard time with distance control.   That feedback in the transition from backswing to forward swing really gives us valuable input for modulating how aggressively we hit the ball.  The DF3 is much more muted in that transition, so it's a learning curve for some.

As an aside -  it looks like the weather is taking a turn for the better here. Hopefully I can get out this time next week for an actual round of golf!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

I have a standard build with the heavier head but I playa heavier head in my other putter as well. What I will tell you is that it doesn't feel as heavy as my other putters in my hands and during the stroke. I am quite sure it is attributed to the balance of the putter. I have not tried the standard DF3 as there is not a store close to me that has one. I talked with Calvin during the fitting process and he advised based on my other putter weight and swingweight that I go with the heavier head. I was not dissapointed. I know this might not help you much but Ill say again, it doesnt feel as heavy as the other putters I have in the same weight

• Thanks 1

Corba Aerojet LS 9 Mitsubishi Chemical Kai'li 60X 
Taylormade Stealth Plus 15 Mitsubishi Chemical Kai'li 70X

Taylormade Stealth2  3 Rescue 19 Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X Velocore
Titleist T200 4 DGTI X100
T100S 5-PW DGTI X100
SM9 50F DGTI, SM9 54D DGTI, SM7 60D DGTI

EVNROLL EV5.1B - Mid Slant Hosel 34 

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select GoLo 34

L.A.B. DF3 Dodger Blue 35/70 Heavy (On its way!!)

I've been on an extended business trip out of the country so I'm behind in my personal stuff and hobbies, but I've just returned and had one of those rectangular boxes waiting for me that all of us on this site look forward to getting, and I'm excited to get this out on the course to test it.

I first want to sincerely thank GolfWRX and L.A.B Golf for the opportunity to review this putter.....the timing was absolutely perfect.  Last year I started with a mallet and changed to two different blades, and for this year I was going to go back to a mallet.  (Because of course it's the equipment and not the player).  I will be honest here and also in my review when I am able to get the putter out on the course.  I like putters with traditional shapes.  I have seen L.A.B. putters in stores and have not picked one up to try just because I didn't think that I would have confidence standing over it on the course.  It's very different than anything that I have ever used, but when I saw this contest and started to read about the technology and see the reviews, I got to thinking that if this will get my putt going on my chosen line and I would only have to worry about speed, it could go in the bag.  

A LITTLE BACKGROUND
Putting is the worst part of my game, and I'm a head case over the ball with too many thoughts about what my arc should be when taking the club back, are my wrists rotating too much or too little, should my follow-thru be straight down the line that I chose or arc slightly to the left, etc. I'm about a 13 handicap, and I think if I could improve my putting, I would have a chance to get to single digits.

THE ONLINE FITTING PROCESS
I was surprised to find this fitting even better than some in-person fittings that I have had in the big box golf stores.  I sent in a video, and Calvin at L.A.B. analyzed it while we talked and made suggestions about what lie angle, length, grip and alignment marks would work best for my game.  It was a great experience all around, including the communication during the build and while it was being prepared to ship.

INITITAL THOUGHTS
Super high quality fit and finish.  I've hit some carpet putts with it and I really like the feel and sound.  It has a pleasing "tock" sound at impact and feels soft but not mushy.  Although it is a bigger mallet, you do get some feedback when you wander off the center of the face. In the small sample size so far indoors, it seems to want to go straight, and my distance control has been gone.  Premium feel and look on the headcover as well, and it's magnetic, unlike other high end putter manufacturers that still do Velcro- you know who you are.  I'm playing 18 tomorrow and will report back to see how the inaugural outing goes.

Here are some pics of the new addition to the family.  Ask any questions you have, and I will continue to update this post with my thoughts about the putter.

IMG_7895.jpg.2afd299278fa5d48ca7b6f61e4cff3cf.jpgIMG_7896.jpg.8a9051bf4f42e9512651052ec93e1f28.jpgIMG_7897.jpg.da188f6287ec72f921268cbcf03434ea.jpgIMG_7898.jpg.0b0a6c7fa3e04b8c303e2ccfb0fa9297.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/28/2024 at 9:19 AM, coreyhr said:

The DF 2.1 is LAB's most forgiving putter. I'm not sure I've read yet where the DF 3 ranks in terms of forgiveness/stability, but it feels much more similar to the DF 2.1 than the Mezz Max to me. 

the forgiveness ranking is as follows:

1. DF2.1

2. DF3

3. Mezz Max

4. Mezz

5. Link

6. that weird blade i cant remember the name

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PINSEEKER72 said:

I've been on an extended business trip out of the country so I'm behind in my personal stuff and hobbies, but I've just returned and had one of those rectangular boxes waiting for me that all of us on this site look forward to getting, and I'm excited to get this out on the course to test it.

I first want to sincerely thank GolfWRX and L.A.B Golf for the opportunity to review this putter.....the timing was absolutely perfect.  Last year I started with a mallet and changed to two different blades, and for this year I was going to go back to a mallet.  (Because of course it's the equipment and not the player).  I will be honest here and also in my review when I am able to get the putter out on the course.  I like putters with traditional shapes.  I have seen L.A.B. putters in stores and have not picked one up to try just because I didn't think that I would have confidence standing over it on the course.  It's very different than anything that I have ever used, but when I saw this contest and started to read about the technology and see the reviews, I got to thinking that if this will get my putt going on my chosen line and I would only have to worry about speed, it could go in the bag.  

A LITTLE BACKGROUND
Putting is the worst part of my game, and I'm a head case over the ball with too many thoughts about what my arc should be when taking the club back, are my wrists rotating too much or too little, should my follow-thru be straight down the line that I chose or arc slightly to the left, etc. I'm about a 13 handicap, and I think if I could improve my putting, I would have a chance to get to single digits.

THE ONLINE FITTING PROCESS
I was surprised to find this fitting even better than some in-person fittings that I have had in the big box golf stores.  I sent in a video, and Calvin at L.A.B. analyzed it while we talked and made suggestions about what lie angle, length, grip and alignment marks would work best for my game.  It was a great experience all around, including the communication during the build and while it was being prepared to ship.

INITITAL THOUGHTS
Super high quality fit and finish.  I've hit some carpet putts with it and I really like the feel and sound.  It has a pleasing "tock" sound at impact and feels soft but not mushy.  Although it is a bigger mallet, you do get some feedback when you wander off the center of the face. In the small sample size so far indoors, it seems to want to go straight, and my distance control has been gone.  Premium feel and look on the headcover as well, and it's magnetic, unlike other high end putter manufacturers that still do Velcro- you know who you are.  I'm playing 18 tomorrow and will report back to see how the inaugural outing goes.

Here are some pics of the new addition to the family.  Ask any questions you have, and I will continue to update this post with my thoughts about the putter.

IMG_7895.jpg.2afd299278fa5d48ca7b6f61e4cff3cf.jpgIMG_7896.jpg.8a9051bf4f42e9512651052ec93e1f28.jpgIMG_7897.jpg.da188f6287ec72f921268cbcf03434ea.jpgIMG_7898.jpg.0b0a6c7fa3e04b8c303e2ccfb0fa9297.jpg

gorgeous! looking forward to hearing how it went on the course!