APPLY NOW: Wilson Golf Product Testing and Fitting Experience @ Pinehurst!

. What is your handicap? 18

2. What is your current location? Farmville, NC
3. What is your current iron setup? Titleist T-mb 716 4&5 iron 716 Ap2 6-pw Nventix nunchuck graphite shafts

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I haven't used Wilson clubs since I was 10yrs old. (50yrs old) l Love the look of the new CB's

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? yes

1. What is your handicap?

2. What is your current location?

Rhode Island
3. What is your current iron setup?

New Level 623CB 4-PW X100

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?

Both Wilson and Pinehurt have a storied history and it would be incredible to experience this once in a lifetime opportunity!

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024?

Yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media?

Yes

1. What is your handicap?

Bayville, NY 

Srixon ZX5 ZX7 Mk II 5-P

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?

Why wouldn't you? Home of the US Open 2024 and many other championships. Great excuse to check out Tobacco Road and Pine Needle as well. Been wanting to try Wilson irons since the Ci7 used to be on the gold list on Golf Digest but never went through with it. Love many other Wilson sporting goods.

Willing to neglect work and family. Sure!

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media?

Yes and yes. Active on all social media outlets. Hopefully get Wilson some good exposure they deserve!

Posted (edited)

. What is your handicap? 7

2. What is your current location? Middleton wi
3. What is your current iron setup? Nike vr tw blades 

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? At first,l thought about nostalgia. Bring me back to when i first started golf. No one in my family golfs then or now, except for me. I was 6 and was rummaging around in the attic and found under tarp an old golf set. Had a persimmon driver and an old wilson blade in the bag with a putter. Took them out and hit golf balls in the yard every day for a week. One day thunderstorm came and i left the clubs in the field. Came out next day and the iron had been hit by lightning and back was a mess but face was fine. Kept that club all through high school where it even came to state at university ridge with me, with a set of local pga pro darrel ackers wilson staff fg17 blades.  Picked up golf a few years ago and you Fast forward to modern day and i see all these reviews about the new forged players distance irons and i think to myself, maybe making the game a little easier on myself isnt a bad thing. A fitting with the wilson team would most likely be my last fitting.  as i turn 40 it would be most likely my final set before the senior route comes . Full circle. Like life.. like wilson. 

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Absolutely if i am selected. 

Edited by adamwittman
Spelling

1. 10.4

2. Seminole, Florida 
3. Maltby TS4s (7-G) Maltby TE+ (5-6)

5. I’ve always admired Wilson Staff products… just never had the opportunity to play Wilson stuff. Probably my fault though. The new lineup looks incredible. 

6. I am available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024.

7. 100% yes.  Admittedly I am not a social media user but I do frequent golfwrx daily.  

Thank for the opportunity and I will be looking forward to seeing the lucky members reviews. 

Maltby KE4 TC Pro @9.5* w/Maltby MPF DR (S) 

Maltby KE4 TC Pro @14.5* w/UST ProForce V2 75R 

Maltby KE4 TC Pro @19* w/UST ProForce V2 75R

PXG 0317X Proto @22* w/MMT 80S

Maltby TE+ 5-6  w/Recoil Prototype 125f4

Maltby TS4 7-G w/Recoil Prototype 125f4

Mizuno T24 56/60 DG S400

*The putter committee*

Hello,

1. What is your handicap? ~15

2. What is your current location? Colorado
3. What is your current iron setup? 3-9 710 AP2 w KBS Tour X

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Love the look of the new Wilson products. Tested them at a box store demo day for a few swings and was impressed even though my swing was trash. Met a few of the product designers a couple years ago, and they were very nice people, so would love to support their work. 

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Of course! I love taking photos, and write memos for a living, so, I should be good at conveying my story. 

+1

2. What is your current location?

Louisville Ky

Srixon ZX7 modus 120 stiff shafts

would be cool to get fitted for the new set up. My high school golf buddy John Augenstein is sponsored by Wilson and he is always showing them off.

yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media?

yes absolutely! Will also post on Tik tok

1. +0.3

2. Niceville, FL
3. '24 Apex Pro 4-6, Apex CB 7-9, Apex MB "10 Iron", DG 120 X100

5. Have long thought that Wilson's iron offerings for better players are criminally under-appreciated.

6. Yes!

7. Certainly!

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

1. 7

2. Indianapolis, IN
3.  ZX5 & ZX7s PX LZ 6.0

5. Used FG Tour V2s when learning golf. Seeing how well Ben Kruper & Ashton Gaulin play with Wilson products now has rekindled my interest in Wilson Irons & Woods.

6. Yes

7. Of course & with my wifes media & premiere adobe editing background, I'd post very polished & tailored content. 

1. What is your handicap? 12

2. What is your current location? Ft Lauderdale, FL
3. What is your current iron setup? Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I’m WELL overdue for new irons and am excited to try Wilson, and have never been to Pinehurst!

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Absolutely!

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Of course! I’d do my very best

1. What is your handicap? 4.5

2. What is your current location? Milwaukee, WI
3. What is your current iron setup? Srixon Z785 (4-PW); Modus Tour 120X Shafts

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? As someone who flirts the line between the Model CB and DyanpoweR Forged models, I think it would be really interesting to see which model is a better fit at my handicap level. Wilson Golf is not a manufacturer I've ever tested (due to availability reasons), and I'd love to see how their irons stack up to others, especially at Wilson's attractive price point.

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? I'd love nothing more than to contribute.

1. What is your handicap? 20

2. What is your current location? Marlborough,MA

SUB70 699; 3* upright; plus 1/2 inch, KBS TOUR V 90 R; 6-AW

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? It would be a great opportunity to have my first in person fitting at an East coast golf mecca. With a legendary golf brand.

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Of course 

1. What is your handicap? +1.1

2. What is your current location? Olathe, KS
3. What is your current iron setup? Srixon ZX5 5 iron, ZX7 6-PW. MMT 105TX

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Wilson makes some of the best looking irons in the industry and I'm a huge fan of going outside the bigger OEMs and seeing the performance on par or better coupled with stunning aesthetics.

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Ready and willing!

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Without a doubt!

Really want to apply. lol. 

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Posted (edited)

1. What is your handicap? 2

2. What is your current location? Elk Grove, CA
3. What is your current iron setup? OnOff Kuro 6-PW (Japanese brand)

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I have never hit or owned Wilson irons or been to Pinehurst!

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? YES!!

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? YES!!

Edited by putts2much

Ping G430MAX 10.5* GD PT-6

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* 18* w/ GD CQ & IZ

Ping G425 Hybrid 22* 25* w/ GD Hybrid 95
ONOFF Kuro 6-PW w/ Modus 115

Titleist Vokey Raw 50F* 54F* 60T*
Scotty Cameron

Titleist ProV1x

1. What is your handicap? +0.8

2. What is your current location? Los Angeles, CA
3. What is your current iron setup? T100 4-PW, Project X 6.5

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I have friends who swear by Wilson irons, but I have never tried them for myself. Looking for the ultimate combination of aesthetics, player performance, feel, and forgiveness. Wilson Staff Model Blades and CB models look beautiful. Pinehurst would be a dream setting to test Wilson equipment, as I have never played / visited Pinehurst.

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes

1. What is your handicap? 10.2
2. What is your current location? Lisle, Illinois
3. What is your current iron setup? Ping i230 4-UW, Axiom 105X, 1 degree flat, standard loft/lie
5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Wilson is a Chicago company, and as a resident of the Chicago suburbs, I'd like to support it and play as many of their clubs as a fitter could dial in for me. I think the Dynapower branding is cool and the products look awesome. Wilson reps were at a recent demo day, and while they didn't have many lefty options for woods/hybrids, I got to hit several of the irons and was extremely impressed. I also think the Staff putters and new wedges look exceptional, but have not yet seen lefty versions in person. Also, I've never been to Pinehurst, but that'd be a dream trip for me.
6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes
7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Definitely!

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

1. 7.1

2. Enid, OK
3. Mizuno 921HM 4-G, DG X100 shaft and GP Tour Velvet Plus 4 Midsize grips.

5. I think Wilson is one of the most underatted golf brands and my first set of clubs was a hand-me-down set of Wilsons from my dad.  Plus, getting out of Oklahoma for a few days is never a bad thing.

7. Yes!

1. What is your handicap? 10.7

2. What is your current location? Boca Raton, FL
3. What is your current iron setup? ZX7 4-PW

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I’ve always wanted to try Wilson clubs and visiting Pinehurst has been a dream. Also, I want to reenact the Riggs video from years ago. 

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Of course

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Nothing would make me happier. 

1. What is your handicap? 13hdcp

2. What is your current location? Charlotte NC
3. What is your current iron setup? Srixon zx5

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Have been hitting their dynapower 3 wood and want to try the irons out 

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? indubitably 

Sim2 max 9*
Srixon ZX 3+ 13.5*

Sub 70 3 hybrid 19*
Sub 70 659 cb/tc
Titliest SM8 51,54,58
Sycamore 001

1. What is your handicap? 0

2. What is your current location? San Jose CA
3. What is your current iron setup? Maltby TE forged 4-PW

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Wilson has been making great products forever would love to test their newest items

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes

Callaway Padadym Triple D 8* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
LAB DF2.1 Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

1. What is your handicap? 12

2. What is your current location? BUFFALO, NY
3. What is your current iron setup? Srixon ZX5 4-PW w/ Project X 6.5

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Would love the chance to test  Wilson Golf irons which from GolfWRX photos look incredible, and would love the chance to get them in hand. Also interested in testing Wilson woods which I have read great things about on this site.  I have also always wanted to get fit by a Manufacture for their own product. 

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes, I conveniently have the week off work. 

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes, I am passionate about golf equipment and would love to share my thoughts and experiences with GolfWRX!

TM BRNR Copper Mini 13.5 stock stiff shaft

Titleist TS2 16.5 HZRDUS RDX Blue 80TX

Titleist 818H2 21 AD IZ 95X

Srixon ZX5 5-PW Project X 6.5

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Raw 48,52,56

Titleist SM9 60T

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Current cap is  around 4

Omaha, Nebraska 

Titleist AP2 714 w/Nippon 950gh stiff shafts

Would love to talk shop and pick the brains of the folks at Wilson while enjoying Pinehurst.

Yes. As someone once asked me about another trip, “Is this an ask the Wife or tell the Wife?”  This is a, tell the wife.

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media?

Of course.

1. What is your handicap? 10

2. What is your current location? Birmingham, AL 
3. What is your current iron setup? 5-Gap 

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I  the ball and the stories history around the Wilson/Staff brand. I am seeking players distance irons . 

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes 

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes 

PXG Proto +, 10.5 turned to 9; Ventus 
PXG Gen4 3 metal ; Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4  5 metal;  Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4 hybrid; 21 degrees
PXG Gen4 Ps; 5-Gap with Nippon 950gh S
PXG Sugar Daddy wedges; 54 and 58; Nippon 950gh S

PXG 38” counter balanced, PXG Mustang

Titleist Pro V1x

1. What is your handicap? 12

2. What is your current location? New York, NY
3. What is your current iron setup? JPX 921 Forged 4-G, Steelfibeer i110cw- Stiff

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Was so pleasantly surprised by the look of the new CBs and Wedges. Would love to try them out at one of the finest courses in the country!

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes and yes!

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Definitely!

1. 9.3

2. Ames, IA
3. Cobra Forged Tec Copper with onyx Dynamic Gold 105 stiff shafts

5. I learned to play on my Dad's set of Wilson K-28s, and I'd like to see what the new ones can do.  I've also never been to Pinehurst, and would love to see it.

6. Yes

7. You betcha

1. What is your handicap? 2ish

2. What is your current location? California SF
3. What is your current iron setup? Zx7, x100 120, d3sw

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I'd love to try wilson irons- seen videos on tiktok and instagram and they looked great. Played wilson d7s as one of my first irons until i moved into something smaller. I would have highly considered wilson had you guys had the choices you have right now

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yeah

TSR3 TI Deeper Face 9* @ 10- Ventus TR Black 6X- 44.75 Hotmelted For Sound, testing Monstar x68

Stealth 2+ 15* - Tour AD TP 7X- 42.75 - Hotmelted neutral/fade bias

Srizon ZX 18* 2i @19* Ventus Blue 8TX- 39

Srixon ZX7 5-9, ZX5 4i, X100 TI

Vokey SM10 46* @ 45, X100 TI

Vokey SM10 50* S400 TI

Vokey SM10 54* @ 55 S400 TI 

Vokey SM10 60* T Grind S400 TI 

SC CIRCLE T T22 TERRYLIUM TNP- LA GOLF TPZ 135 -34.5' GSS Tri Sole NP2 350g, - 34.5

Phils Actual Personal Chromesoft Triple tracks 😅

1. What is your handicap? 12

2. What is your current location? Hillsboro, OR
3. What is your current iron setup? Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-6, Mizuno JPX 919 Tour

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I want to compare my current irons to the Wilson offerings. I've yet to know anyone to own a set of Wilson irons, except getting my first golf set from Big 5 Sporting goods and they were a set of Wilson Irons! I want to see why there aren't more golfers using wilson and hopefully this experience can change my mind! 

Posted (edited)

Eugene, Oregon
    6 - A Callaway Paradym
4. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?
    Have you seen the 2024 irons?  I want to find out if a club lineup that looks that good can restore performance to my aging swing.
5. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024?
    I am available to travel
6. I will post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience, provide updates, answer forum questions and would be proud to featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media.

Edited by BunkerSnot

On 5/4/2024 at 1:01 AM, golfnerd91 said:

- Nokesville, Virginia 
3. What is your current iron setup?

- Wilson Staf Model Utility: 22° (AD DI 95x)
- Wilson Staff Model CB 5-PW (PX 6.5)

- Wilson FG Tour PMP: 50°/55°/60° (S400 TI)

- I've never been to Pinehurst so that would be one thing off my bucket list. And visiting with Wilson Golf would equally be a dream come true. I've always wanted to work in the golf industry, so to see a part of the industry (club fitting/manufacturing) that I wouldn't be able to experience otherwise would be an amazing experience. I think this whole experience would honestly make my year. Plus, I want to prove that I can produce great golf content that consumers want to watch and read.

- 100%. Since I live in Virginia it would be a nice little road trip. I’d make it happen!

- Of course! I am a communications and marketing professional by trade so I could absolutely package some content together to share with my fellow WRXers! Proficient and equipped with a camera, video editing software, photography, graphic design, website management, and writing skills.

Thanks for setting up this opportunity Wilson Golf & GolfWRX!🙏

Additional Context to Question 5

The more I think of what GolfWRX and Wilson are doing here the more excited I get for the prospect of potentially being a part of it! There is so much potential for what this experience will be outside of just getting fit for clubs or playing on a newly renovated course that is also home to another course with a storied Major Championship tradition (US Open).

This experience is not only showing a lucky few a glimpse of tested and forged tradition of two entities, but their future in an emerging golf market where new golfers are coming into the game daily.

It just occurred to me sheet scope of what Wilson’s fitting at Pinehurst could comprise. Most likely a few lucky individuals will be able to test Wilson’s new AI Fitting Software at an actual green grass facility where the conditions are as perfect as can be. And I'll go on to emphasize this point; it won't be in some stuffy walled launch monitor or range bay, but will be in an environment similar to that of The Kingdom (if you know you know). I play Wilson clubs as shown above and the fact that I could have actual Wilson staffers look at my set and optimize my performance would be an insane experience for me.

Like the fitting could very well maximize your game in conditions ranging from ideal fairway conditions to rough lies and bunkers. By the end of the experience the set a person comes out with will have them dropping darts like Harrington and Streelman or having the confidence of Kisner. You will also get play a full round with the clubs at a major championship course that will have you feeling as invincible as Woodland during his first major win.

There is so much potential here for what this opportunity could be. While it probably wouldn't happen, I think what it would be like to play with a Wilson staffer like Willie Mack. Wishful thinking. But really this opportunity will give golfers the opportunity to listen and learn about the future of both Wilson and Pinehurst and get a glimpse into the longevity of the game to come.

This is what excites me about this trip and potentially being able to share it with the rest of the GolfWRX forum.

I can't say it enough. This would be a dream trip for me.

• Like 1