2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

APPLY NOW: Wilson Golf Product Testing and Fitting Experience @ Pinehurst!

1. What is your handicap? 13

2. What is your current location? Madison, MS
3. What is your current iron setup? Mizuno JPX921 Forged

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Learned to play the game on Wilson irons and I’ve been intrigued by their latest offerings. To do it at a bucket list location like Pinehurst would be the icing on the cake

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Absolutely!

Cobra LTDx LS - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSi3 15* - Tour AD DI 7X

Nike Vapor Fly 3H

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-GW

Mizuno T20 54*

Edel SMS 58*

Evnroll ER5

Posted (edited)

1. What is your handicap? 9

2. What is your current location? Bloomington, IL
3. What is your current iron setup? 712 AP2 1* upright. Stiff s300. 5-PW

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?  I had a short set of Wilson irons that I thoroughly enjoyed, but I could never find the missing irons. I’ve never played a newer set of irons that fit me, which is a shame because being taller I struggle to find a fit with off the rack clubs. I’d like to know more about how Wilson continues to differentiate themselves with classic yet modern designs that remain functional. I’d group Wilson in with the big names of equipment but I’ve never had enough opportunities to try their offerings. 

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes 

Edited by TheMagicStinger

On 5/2/2024 at 12:39 PM, GolfWRX_Official said:

1. What is your handicap? 14

2. What is your current location? Reidsville NC
3. What is your current iron setup? Dynapower steel reg shaft 5 iron-GW

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?  I have been a Wilson Staff equipment user for 60 years! And would love to try the Dynapower forged irons.

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media?
Yes 

1. What is your handicap?

+1

2. What is your current location?

Cincinnati, OH

3. What is your current iron setup?

Callaway TCB 5-PW with KBS $-Taper 120

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?

Wilson has that classic throwback look that makes me feel warm and nostalgic. I’d love to test their stuff at a site as cool and unique as Pinehurst. 

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024?

Yes, I could make that work! 

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media?

Yes! That’s part of what makes this place so fun. 

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, SM10 Raw 60M

LAB Link

Jones Rover Stand Jet Black

Posted (edited)

1.  +0.3

2. Wake Forest, NC

3. Vega Mizar 4-GW, Edison wedges. 

4. It's 1 hour from my house 😁. I have the Carbon driver, love it, but was never fit to it. The irons are amazing looking but I've never been anywhere that actually fits them or has any in stock. 

5. I'll be available! 

6. Yes!! Would love to document it all and share with the people! Will Harry Nodwell be there?? 

Edited by 03trdblack

1.  What is your handicap? 19.1

2. What is your current location? Owings, MD ( a easy drive away from Pinehurst )
3. What is your current iron setup? Ping Eye 2’s 

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I love Wilson products , I play a Dynaformr 3 wood and often throw in a Staff Utility 2 iron. Would love to try the new irons and get a chance to hit the driver.  

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Definitely would , would even upgrade my phone for a better camera 

Nike Titanium Forged Driver

Louisville Golf 3 & 5 Woods

Ping Eye 2 green dot  3 iron to Sand Wedge

Ping Anser 

1. What is your handicap? 6.6

2. What is your current location? Cape Girardeau, MO
3. What is your current iron setup? Sub70 699 V2 irons with 4.5 Project X Graphite shafts

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Would love to see the new Wilson line and have never been to Pinehurst

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes 

Twin Cities

Nike Forged Blades with Dynamic gold R300

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?

I had a set of FG100 irons a few years ago and regret selling them ever since. Have been eying the Staff CB/MB since last year and would love to give them a go and see if they’re even better than FG100.

Yes

Yes

1. What is your handicap? 11.2

2. What is your current location? Naples, FL
3. What is your current iron setup? Apex 21/Apex 21 DCB combo set. KBS Tour V in S flex

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? The club I worked at all through high school and college was a Wilson Staff full account and I have always loved their irons. Played many sets of them over the years although none recently 

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Absolutely 

Middle Georgia

Callaway Rogue ST Pro (4-P), Axiom 105X Shafts.

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?\

I have a lot of respect for Wilson. They are so under-the-radar and underrated at this juncture, but they are making quality products, especially in the iron department.  In my first iron-fitting of my life, back in 2020, the Staff D7 forged was basically tied at the top for my best performing iron. I didn't get them, and I've always wondered what might've been.  Second-to-none performing, good, classy looking iron.  I'd love to game a set of Wilsons.  

Obviously, the whole experience of Pinehurst and the fitting and golf with the Wilson team would be over-the-moon-amazing. 

Yes!

Definitely.

Driver: Taylormade Qi10LS, Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X. (Fit by Truespec North Georgia 2024)

3W: Taylormade Sim Max, Accra FX 2.0 200 M3. (Fit by Club Champion Atlanta 2019)

2I: Ping iCrossover, Fujikura Axiom 105X. (Self-fit 2024)

4I-PW: Callaway Rogue ST Pro, Fujikura Axiom 105X. (Self-fit 2023)

Wedges: 47, 51, 59 Edison Forged, Mitsubishi MMT 125 TX. (Self-fit 2021)

Putter: LAB Golf DF 2.1 (Self-fit 2022)

Ball: Chromesoft X (Fit by Ping's Ballnamic system).

Bag: MNML.

Cart: Foresight Sports ForeCaddy Smart Cart.

Shoes: Asics Gel Kayano Ace.

1. What is your handicap? 11

2. What is your current location? Fort Wayne, Indiana

W/S C300, 4-PW, GW, KBS Tour 90, Stiff 

No one audibly reps your brand to friends, colleagues, and strangers alike more than me. I have demoed Callaway, TM, Cobra, PING, and Cleveland irons over the last 3 years. Nothing comes close. My next set of irons WILL be W/S, so why not have the best guys be there to make sure I'm in the best place to play and promote your brand.

Yes.

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Absolutely.

1. What is your handicap? 6

2. What is your current location? Jefferson NC
3. What is your current iron setup? Titleist T-MB

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Wilson is legendary, they have won more majors than just about anyone. I would be super excited to test out their lineup

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Absolutely! 

TM / Titleist / Machine
WITB Link

1. What is your handicap? 5.1

2. What is your current location? Phoenix AZ
3. What is your current iron setup? Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125s

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? There needs to be a better fit than what I, playing.  They are good but like Goldilocks I’m looking for just right. And, my first set of “real” clubs were WS Fluid Feels in 1986.

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Absolutely

Titleist TSR3 9° Tensei Pro Blue 60 

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

1. What is your handicap? - 0.3

2. What is your current location? Lafayette, LA
3. What is your current iron setup? - 4-pw, Ping i230/Blueprint T

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? - I would love the opportunity to do something like this, it would be an incredible experience!

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? - Yes, this wont be a problem

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? - I will give you pictures, detailed reviews, full on detailed experience with the fitting as well the equipment after, and anything else that you would want from me to do something like this

Posted (edited)

1. 4.8

2. Atlanta, Ga
3.  T100 4-P +1/2” PX shafts

5. I’m a golf and equipment nerd at heart. I would love the opportunity to get fit by experts and learn more about the industry. 

6. Yes

7. Of course!

Edited by Downtown_Brown_41

Tsr 3

Epic Flash 3w

Covert 5W

T100 4-P

MG3 52*

MG4 56* 

SM8 60* 

SC California Monterey 1.5

V1x

1. 13.2

2. Alpharetta, Ga
3. Taylormade p7MC 4-PW

W/ KBS $ taper 130x

titleist 716 T-MB 3 iron 

W/ tensei white 100hb tx-stiff

5. I have tested the wilson forged blades and CBs in the past and have loved how they have felt and how they flew. Also my swing dynamics have changed and I am looking to possibly switch out of my p7MCs and into something that fits my current swing a bit better. 
6. yes I am available to travel

7. yes I am willing to post a high quality review

Posted (edited)

1. What is your handicap?

- Nokesville, Virginia 
3. What is your current iron setup?

- Wilson Staf Model Utility: 22° (AD DI 95x)
- Wilson Staff Model CB 5-PW (PX 6.5)

- Wilson FG Tour PMP: 50°/55°/60° (S400 TI)

- I've never been to Pinehurst so that would be one thing off my bucket list. And visiting with Wilson Golf would equally be a dream come true. I've always wanted to work in the golf industry, so to see a part of the industry (club fitting/manufacturing) that I wouldn't be able to experience otherwise would be an amazing experience. I think this whole experience would honestly make my year. Plus, I want to prove that I can produce great golf content that consumers want to watch and read.

- 100%. Since I live in Virginia it would be a nice little road trip. I’d make it happen!

- Of course! I am a communications and marketing professional by trade so I could absolutely package some content together to share with my fellow WRXers! Proficient and equipped with a camera, video editing software, photography, graphic design, website management and writing skills.

Thanks for setting up this opportunity Wilson Golf & GolfWRX!🙏

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Additional Context to Question 5 (Added 5/4/24)

The more I think of what GolfWRX and Wilson are doing here the more excited I get for the prospect of potentially being a part of it! There is so much potential for what this experience will be outside of just getting fit for clubs or playing on a newly renovated course that is also home to another course with a storied Major Championship tradition (US Open).

This experience is not only showing a lucky few a glimpse of tested and forged tradition of two entities, but their future in an emerging golf market where new golfers are coming into the game daily.

It just occurred to me sheet scope of what Wilson’s fitting at Pinehurst could comprise. Most likely a few lucky individuals will be able to test Wilson’s new AI Fitting Software at an actual green grass facility where the conditions are as perfect as can be. And I'll go on to emphasize this point; it won't be in some stuffy walled launch monitor or range bay, but will be in an environment similar to that of The Kingdom (if you know you know). I play Wilson clubs as shown above and the fact that I could have actual Wilson staffers look at my set and optimize my performance would be an insane experience for me.

Like the fitting could very well maximize your game in conditions ranging from ideal fairway conditions to rough lies and bunkers. By the end of the experience the set a person comes out with will have them dropping darts like Harrington and Streelman or having the confidence of Kisner. You will also get play a full round with the clubs at a major championship course that will have you feeling as invincible as Woodland during his first major win.

There is so much potential here for what this opportunity could be. While it probably wouldn't happen, I think what it would be like to play with a Wilson staffer like Willie Mack. Wishful thinking. But really this opportunity will give golfers the opportunity to listen and learn about the future of both Wilson and Pinehurst and get a glimpse into the longevity of the game to come.

This is what excites me about this trip and potentially being able to share it with the rest of the GolfWRX forum.

I can't say it enough. This would be a dream trip for me.

Edited by golfnerd91
A couple typos. Plus, further clarification.

1. What is your handicap?  3

2. What is your current location?  Bedford, NY. 
3. What is your current iron setup?  Apex UT 20; Apex Pro 5-9.  2 flat, slightly strong lifts. PX LS 6.5s. 

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?  I love trying new products and tinkering. I especially like learning WHY things are working for me or not. (And this experience sounds incredible, obviously).  I have a mix of smaller normal guy flaws that I think other customers will relate to and that i’m always working to minimize. I’ve been able to deliver in a low handicap package, but there’s a lot to play with in fittings for me (extension, shaft lean/launch, body sway etc). I’m 41 and still getting better, not a former scratch/plus golfer who still has the swing but losing speed. 

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024?  Yes. 

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media?  Yes. As much as you want. 

1. What is your handicap? 4

2. What is your current location? Sf. James MO
3. What is your current iron setup? Ping i230

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?  I think I would be an amazing experience. I’ve played many Wilson staff clubs in the past and have always enjoyed them. 

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes 

1. What is your handicap? - 8.5

2. What is your current location? - Annandale, VA
3. What is your current iron setup? - TaylorMade P790 with Modus 120 stiff 

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? - I have not tried Wilson's products and would love to get fit for their irons and compare them with my current set. 

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? - Yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? - Yes, definitely! 

• Popular Post 

1. What is your handicap? 11

2. What is your current location?  Greenville, NC
3. What is your current iron setup?  Mizuno MP59

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?  Love the Pinehurst area plus I've never been fitted for irons.   I remember playing their blades in the 70's and 80's.

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024?  Yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media?  Yes sir!!

1. What is your handicap? -- 12.4

2. What is your current location? -- Switzerland
3. What is your current iron setup? -- SRIXON ZX7 PW - 5i and ZXU 4i and 3i

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? -- I have used a set of Wilson irons in the past, it was ok and I would like to give the latest products a try

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? -- sure I am

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? -- sure I am

1. What is your handicap? 5

2. What is your current location? San Antonio
3. What is your current iron setup? Fluid

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? First ever set was 1200 Gear Effect. I still play a set of C300. Wilson has seriously upped their game in the past years

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Absolutely…I’m retired!

1. What is your handicap? 10

2. What is your current location? Summerville, SC 
3. What is your current iron setup? T200/T100S combo. 4-5 T200 6-GW T100S with MMT 125TX

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I have seen the clubs and thought they look beautiful, but have never had a chance to hit them. I have heard the products are on par with all irons and I have tried about ever players cavity on the market before deciding on Titleist. I would love to knock them out of the bag and get properly fit for the irons. 

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TS2 16.5 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 ADDI 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

1. What is your handicap? 8

2. What is your current location? Lakeland, FL

3. What is your current iron setup? Maltby KE4 max with Nippon modus 105 S

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Never tried a Wilson club before, have played with their tennis racquets for years.

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media Yes

1. What is your handicap? 5.0

2. What is your current location? Fresno, California 
3. What is your current iron setup? PXG 0317t, Mitsubishi MMT 80 stiff

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? GIR has always been my weakness so I’m constantly searching for irons. 

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Absolutely!

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM10 54° D, 60° D, Mitsubishi MMT 80s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

1. What is your handicap? 16

2. What is your current location? SW Ohio
3. What is your current iron setup? Ping G400's, Cleveland CBX Wedges

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? The opportunity to visit a historic golf venue and also test clubs from a historically premium brand like Wilson would be a dream come true! 

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? YES!

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? YES!

What is your handicap? 6.2

2. What is your current location? Fort Worth, TX
3. What is your current iron setup? TM P790 4-PW, TTDG 100, SS x 1

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Have never hit any Wilson golf clubs and would like to see what they offer and how their products can help my game.

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes

In My Bag
TM Stealth 10.5* PX T1100 6.5 75g
TM Stealth 3W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g 

TM Stealth 5W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon Modus Hybrid shaft 95X

2021 TM P790 5-PW Modus TT DG Tour issue 100X
TM High Toe 50, 54 and 58

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

1. What is your handicap?  9.0

2. What is your current location? St. George, Ut

3. What is your current iron setup? Ping G425 Recoil 780

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I played Pebble Beach a couple of years ago as a bucket list trip and figured that was it for me. Other than Augusta, Pinehurst is at the top of my list.

I’ve tried several different irons before settling on Ping, but TBH I’ve never considered Wilson. Not sure why but assume it’s because they are not as prominent in advertising or being promoted by the reviewers I pay attention to. I still have an 8802 in my vintage bag and take it out on occasion, but I’ve never used Wilson irons. The newest Dynapower intrigues me and if they perform as advertised I definitely would consider them.

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes (I’m retired- I’m always available.)

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Sure.  I’m fairly literate, I have a new iPhone that takes good photos and my wife thinks I’m photogenic for my age in case Wilson needs another face for their media package. 😉

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs