APPLY NOW: Wilson Golf Product Testing and Fitting Experience @ Pinehurst!

On 5/2/2024 at 10:39 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

1. What is your handicap?

2. What is your current location?
3. What is your current iron setup?

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024?

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media?

1. 15.1

2. Denver CO

3. Miura Tournament blades/MB-001’s

4. Absolutely would love to see what wilson has for new products - have always been a fan of their blades and forged offerings. Also intrigued to try out the new golf balls and wedge offerings.

5. Yes, already going to be there from 6/6-6/10.

6. Definitely willing and able to post quality photos and an in depth review from the perspective of a mid capper with a high swing speed.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple D w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 70TX @45.25

3W: Taylormade M2 15* w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 80X.

5W: Taylormade M6 18* w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 90 TX.

Irons: Miura Retro Tournament blades 3i, 4i, and 7i. Miura MB-001 5i, 6i, 8i-PW. 3i with MMT 125TX. 4i-PW are Oak doweled, DG X100 Tiger Stepped 1/4”

lofts: 3i: 20* 4i: 24* 5i: 28* 6i: 32* 7i: 36* 8i: 40* 9i: 44* PW: 48*

Wedges: Fourteen RM4 56* DG X7, Miura 59* At 61* DG X7

Putter: Taylormade Spider

Grips: Golf pride MCC+4.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

I would absolutely love to apply for the opportunity to check out Wilson clubs. 

1. What is your handicap? 13.5

2. What is your current location? Nantucket, Massachusetts
3. What is your current iron setup? Srixon ZX5 MK !!

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I grew up with a set of Wilson Staffs in High School and have incredibly fond memories of playing a lot of matches at Mill Valley with those old irons in the bag. I've been impressed by the modern clubs and would love to see how they compare. I, like everyone else, have dreamt of the chance to play Pinehurst as long as I can remember and this would be an incredible opportunity. Plus anyone who supports Gary Woodland is pretty high up my charts.

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Absolutely

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Absolutely!

Posted (edited)

Chambersburg, PA

Cobra King Tour 3-P and Mizuno T22 @ 50, 56 & 60*

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?

A company with one of the richest traditions in golf coupled with a course with the same amazing heritage, all with the privilege of working with premiere golf professionals and spending time in fellowship with other people who share the passion of the sport, it would simply be a dream come true. It would be difficult to imagine a greater honor than being selected to be a part of such an experience!

Yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media?

It would be an absolute pleasure to do so in response to the opportunity to participate!

Edited by IndyArcher

1. What is your handicap? 13

2. What is your current location? Birmingham, AL
3. What is your current iron setup? New Level 902PD

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Professional fitting, best looking irons on the market, legendary feel, steeped in history, all at Pinehurst’s golf heaven

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes, and they will far exceed your expectations 

Titleist TSi3 with Speeder NX Blue

Titleist TSi1 7 wood with Tensei Blue

Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron

New Level 902PD irons with SF i95R

Titleist SM7 50° and 60°, Cleveland RDX 56°

Odyssey OG1

Maxfli Tour ball

1. What is your handicap? 15.4

2. What is your current location? Glendale, CA
3. What is your current iron setup?  Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-PW ZX7 MKII AW

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?  I have alway enjoyed Wilson golf products.  My last Wilson clubs were the D7 forged that I still have.  I found the D7 to be long and forgiving.  The only reason I changed was that the D7s launched very high for me, and distances were a bit inconsistent at times with the occasional flyer.  The new line of Dynapower clubs all look amazing.  I have heard good things about everything from the driver down to the wedges and putters.  I would live an opportunity to not only try all of the new clubs, the opportunity to speak to some of the people at Wilson who are responsible for brining us these clubs at Pinehurst is a once in a lifetime opportunity that I would truly appreciate.  

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes!

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes, Yes, and Yes.  I love taking pictures and I would defiantly make myself available to write reviews, answer questions etc. 

1. What is your handicap? 5.5

2. What is your current location? Boulder, CO
3. What is your current iron setup? Titleist AP2 710 4-P

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I've been a huge fan of wilson clubs lately and have always wanted to try them, I love a more under the radar brand.

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? yes!

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? yes!

What is your handicap?

2. What is your current location? Omaha NE
3. What is your current iron setup? Mizuno MP 18 SC

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Ive never been, Wilson has an intriguing product line, and would love to meet others that are passionate about golf

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes

1. What is your handicap? Currently 2.2

2. What is your current location? Oklahoma City
3. What is your current iron setup? Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Several reasons! A) Always heard great things about Wilson Irons (and more recently other clubs/balls as well), but have rarely actually seen any to test or hit for myself. B) Having an engineering mindset myself, I would totally be on cloud nine to talk with some people who help created these products. C) Its pinehurst! (Never been). 

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes!

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Of Course!

What is your handicap? +1.3

2. What is your current location?  Wake Forest, NC
3. What is your current iron setup? Taylormade Tour Preferred MB w/ DG x100 120

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?  Love Wilson irons.  And love pinehurst.  Sounds like an amazing experience and I would be truly grateful to take part.

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024?  Yes.

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media?  Yes.

2. What is your current location?

- North Carolina

- Mizuno 921 JPX Hot Metal Pro’s

- I’ve heard great things about Wilson’s iron offerings and am looking for something with better feel than my current setup.

- Easy, no problem.

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media?

- Absolutely!

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

On 5/2/2024 at 12:39 PM, GolfWRX_Official said:

1. 5

2. Lenhartsville, PA

3. Mizuno MP30

5. Getting back into the game after 5 year lay off and need a whole new bag set up since my clubs are ancient.  Want to try out different companies before buying but have no where to try out Wilson.  And Pinehurst is one of favorite places on earth. 

6. Yes

7. Yes

1. What is your handicap? 4

2. What is your current location? Myrtle Beach SC
3. What is your current iron setup? P790 4-Pw

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Absolutely, my first set of clubs were Wilson and love the look of the new line. Pinehurst is a car ride for me. 

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Absolutely, my wife is a instagram influencer and we have a high resolution camera. 

1. What is your handicap? 15

2. What is your current location? South Hill VA

3. What is your current iron setup? Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 5-AW Cypher Seventy 6.0 graphite shafts -1/2" 1° flat w/ Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Mid-sized grips

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Well, first there is a history I share with Wilson. My grandfather played baseball for the Brooklyn Dodgers in the 40s and was one of the first to play with Wilson's "Big Scoop" glove. In 1954 when my father was born, my grandfather named him after the company that provided his pride and joy baseball glove... yep, Wilson. My dad's first baseball glove was the A2000... and that same glove was my first glove in 1981. Also, my dad named me after himself, so Wilson Jr. Throughout my high school and college ball days, it was always a Wilson glove and gear! As a retired U.S. Marine, I have suffered severely with PTSD. Then my son, also a Marine, invited me to play golf. I was enamored and today, because of this beautiful game, I have minimal issues with PTSD. So, in all honesty, golf saved my life. Of course, the first set of clubs I owned were the Wilson Deep Red set. After getting better, I was convinced by a good friend to try Callaway. So, I did and was recently fitted. However, I can hear my father and grandfather yelling "traitor" from heaven, lol. So, now I have this emotional need to switch back. And, I just saw Wilson's new lineup... wow! So, that is why I would very much like to visit with Wilson Golf. I mean, my dad and I were named after a baseball glove that my grandpa used and a company he respected. How can I not want to visit Wilson. Matter of fact, whether I am selected or not, I will be visiting...I already have tickets! Semper Fi!

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes and I would do an honorable job to ensure Wilson Golf received the recognition it deserves.

• Like 1

1. 18.4

2. Waukee, IA
3. Zx5 mkii 5-aw

5. I almost got the d9 forged instead of zk5 but price didn't match up.  D9 forged look great! And would love to try them!

6. Yes!!

7. Yes! Would love too 

Cally Rogue ST Max 11* (12* head) Matrix Red Tie 

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 15*

Rad Speed 19* Hybrid

ZX5 MKII 5-AW Modus 105S

CBX 2 54*

TM Big Foot 58*

Odyssey Versa 3 T

Chrome Soft X-LS/ERC SOFT

1. What is your handicap? 12

2. What is your current location? San Diego, Ca
3. What is your current iron setup? Titleist T100, 5-PW, AMT White S

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I’ve been intrigued by both the Staff CB and Dynapower forged, but haven’t been able to hit and compare both, understand more of the flight characteristics, hit off grass and see the flight outside etc. really curious to take them to the test. See ball flight, dial in, hit different shots. 

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes!! 

Titleist TSR2 10° Ventus TR Red | Titleist TSI2 3 wood 15° | Callaway UW 19° | Titleist T100 | Taylormade MG3 | Toulon Design Portland

Thank you Wilson Golf and GolfWRX for this incredible opportunity!

1. 15

2. Houston Texas
3. Mizuno Pro 225 4-PW

5. I learned to play golf with my dad's Wilson clubs and have always liked the D Series irons especially the D-300. I gamed the Triton driver for a couple years and still have it in my back up bag. The new Dynapower Forged irons look incredible with the W/S shield logo and classic styling. I fit squarely into the players distance category and can always use the forgiveness they provide. The trip to Pinehurst will be incredible for some lucky WRX'RS and bringing a shiny new set of irons home to review will be awesome! 

6. Yes

7. Yes. If selected I will update the forum during and after the event and would love to give the irons I am fit into a thorough review. I have recently built a simulator at my house and upgraded my launch monitor, on WRX classifieds of course 😁

How cool would it be to go Pinehurst then put some new Wilson irons in the bag!! 

1. What is your handicap? 5

2. What is your current location? Jackson, TN
3. What is your current iron setup? Srixon ZX7

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? A chance to be fit in to great clubs at a great course. What more could you ask for!

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Absolutely

1. What is your handicap? 10.4

2. What is your current location? Tacoma WA
3. What is your current iron setup? Ping i230 4-UW

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? First and foremost, I would love to play the clubs of my namesake. I have played Wilson irons in the past and loved them. It’s been awhile so I would love to see what they’re offering now. 

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Absolutely 

1. What is your handicap?  9.2

2. What is your current location? Glen cove, NY
3. What is your current iron setup?  Taylormade p770 true temper amt red

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Been interested in their products for awhile classy looking clubs plus never been to pinehurst

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Sure

What is your handicap?

+3

2. What is your current location?

NJ

Taylormade p790

In the market for new stuff as it were. Used their wedges for 7 years. Has a female been picked yet for one of these travel things ? If not kinda sexist maybe, no ?

Yea

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media?

Yea sure

Posted (edited)

1. What is your handicap? 9 index

2. What is your current location? Lake Kiowa, TX
3. What is your current iron setup? JPX923 Hot Metal Pro

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? The 1st set of new irons I ever bought were the Ci7s. I still have them & put them in play on occasion for nostalgia. Since that time I've had several other sets of Wilson irons & even gamed a full bag of W/S gear as recently as 7 years ago. I moved away from W/S chasing lower spin w/ driver & more forgiving, but distance oriented irons. I tried the D7/D9 Forged irons, but they were just a bit shorter than the HMPs. I have not demo'd the Dynapower Forged irons.

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes

Edited by ShakeyT

Handicap 11

Iron set: Titleist T300 6-P (48 degree), Vokey 52 & 60, Senior shafts.

I remember Wilson clubs and balls from the past. I liked the Wison ball with the W/S Logo, lining up a putt with the W/S showing, I thoight "Winning Secret". The irons as well with the red rubber plug in the sole, DynaPower or DynaFlow, great looking Iron.

Yes I could travel during those dates.

Yes I would be prepared to write a review.

Current Handicap -9

Current Location - San Diego, CA

Current Irons -Taylormade P790, Nippon Modus 105 Regular

Why- My uncle got me started years ago with a hand me down set of Wilson Blades which are still some of the best looking irons I have ever seen.  Although I no longer game them my memories of being introduced to the game by my uncle who also served as a Father Figure are as vivid and fond today as they were then.  Back at that time Wilson was one of the most popular brands in golf and I would welcome the opportunity to be part of their resurgence

Are you willing to travel and be on site 6/3-6/6/24 - Absolutely!  At the drop of a hat!

Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in depth review of your experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWrx and Wilson Golf content and media? Absolutely Yes!

Thanks for considering me!

1. What is your handicap? 3.2

2. What is your current location? Raleigh, NC
3. What is your current iron setup? 4-UW Ping i230

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? It’s an easy drive (about 1 hr) for me, and I’ve got a long history with Wilson clubs. The old fybrids with the half graphite/half steel shafts were legendary and in my bag forever, as well as a set of fg tour v2 irons. I’ve always been a big fan of the brand but haven’t really gotten a chance to hit their current lineup, so I’d love the opportunity.

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes, I only live about 1 hr away

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Of course! I’ve got high quality camera gear for documenting, too (Canon R5)

1. What is your handicap? +.1

2. What is your current location? Alpena, MI
3. What is your current iron setup? T200 5 iron, T150 6-PW, GW MMT 125 TX Shaft

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? I have always like wilson irons but living in northern Michigan we do not have many opportunities to try them out.  I know their irons can compete with all the more popular brands but I would love to try their other products

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? YES

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? ABSOLUTELY

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5
Taylormade Sim max hybrid 19*

Srixon ZX5 4 iron & 5 iron
Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Vokey SM8 54.10S and 60.04L
Evnroll ER5 black

1. What is your handicap? 15

2. What is your current location? Suburb of Nashville, TN

Srixon 4 (23*) ZX utility

Mizuno Pro 223 with Nippon 105R

Ping Glide 4.0 wedges

4. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?
A) Pinehurst, like many is on the bucket list and it’s not too far away.

B) I’ve been playing the Wilson Triad ball for over a year and love it. I’m looking for some more distance that can be controlled and I talked with a rep who has me convinced to give Wilson sticks a try. At the time he showed me a D9 forged which was beautiful but I was quite ready to pull the trigger. He also said that if I’m wasn’t ready and wanted to wait a short time he thought I’d really be excited about the new line coming out. Piqued my interest to say the least.

5. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024?
Yes 100%

6. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes with the season in full swing I’m getting out often and also just got the go ahead to build myself a simulator.

1. What is your handicap? 10

2. What is your current location? Queen Creek, AZ
3. What is your current iron setup? Titleist T100S 4-PW

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? Prior to junior golf and high school, I played Wilson Staff clubs. Our teams were always brand sponsored so for financial reasons I played other brands. However I love the history behind Wilson Staff and I love how much they have progressed over the past few years. Their fairway woods are amazing, and the rest of the products I hit well while at the PGA Superstore. This opportunity to play Pinehurst and test out Wilson products is a trip of a lifetime for most golfers, including myself. I really hope I am chosen.

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes

1. What is your handicap? 2.4

2. What is your current location? Philadelphia, PA
3. What is your current iron setup? Sub70 639 CB 4-6/639 MB 7-PW; KBS Tour 130x

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products? A few reasons. 1: I've always been impressed with Wilson clubs and feel they don't get the attention they deserve. 2: As someone who plays mostly DTC clubs and brands less in demand (I also play a Cleveland putter), I love to support the little guy and would be proud to rep Wilson in my bag. 3: Pinehurst has been a bucket list place for me to visit and play. I love southern, pine lined courses and Pinehurst is the ultimate destination for that.

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Absolutely. 

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Of course. I'd be thrilled to do so.

1. What is your handicap? 4

2. What is your current location? Houston, TX
3. What is your current iron setup? Scratch SB1 3-9, Callaway X-Forged 48

5. Why would you like to visit with Wilson Golf at Pinehurst to test their newest products?I grew up playing golf, played every day from age 12-18. 18-22, didn’t play that much but got back into practicing a lot and playing at least 2 rounds a week while starting my career life. Now I’m 37, and we started a family 8 years ago when I went from a +2 playing at a competitive country club (75/139) to playing 1-2 rounds a year when friends and colleagues invite me to scrambles. Now that my 8 yr old son is getting into golf and enjoying golf on his own I’m more inclined to find time outside of family and career for golf. My son wanted to do PGA jr league after them telling him about it last summer at a golf camp, now we go to PGA Jr league every week. I’ve tried to get out more and more and enjoy golf with him as I did growing up and we play any chance we get. 

I’ve had the same muscle back blades since 2011. Ball striking is still good but swing has changed over time and some forgiveness is needed, not sure x flex is still what I need or even where to start with all the options that are available to the general consumer now…wasn’t the same 10 years ago. I’m in the market for new irons as I have tried to play more frequently and practice with my son on his jr league practice days and want to get back into golf because I want him to have to work to beat me as he gets older! I remember the days when my grandfather and I would go to demo days around Houston to hit the newest clubs, we would talk golf, and look for the right fit and feel back before true fittings were “the norm”. 

6. Are you available to travel and be on-site 6/3/2024 to 6/6/2024? Yes. 

7. Are you willing to post high-quality photos in the forum, write an in-depth review of the experience with updates, and be featured within GolfWRX and Wilson Golf content and media? Yes.