2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

8* Qi10 Core, Qi10 Tour 4W and 6W Now Available

6 hours ago, Qegurezi said:

Out of interest have we 100% beyond any shadow of a doubt proven the dot head to be different? CG etc? I've seen a couple of claims but might not be across the full picture. 

I can’t comment on the Qi10 head, but I have had Dot heads in the past on older models and there is definitely a difference. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Qegurezi said:

Out of interest have we 100% beyond any shadow of a doubt proven the dot head to be different? CG etc? I've seen a couple of claims but might not be across the full picture. 

Circumstantial evidence, but it's enough to figure out what's going on. First, the core V2 wouldn't be on the conforming list if there wasn't something different about the construction. Second, the fact that Rory is playing it is a strong indicator that it has a more forward CG profile. He could never play the regular core head because it spins too much. Third, the guy who does club work out on LIV (Ben Giunta, "thetourvan" on IG) has made posts talking about certain pros playing V2 and has shown how to make a retail core play more like a V2 (lighter rear weight, hotmelt forward).

So not 100% proof, but I think we all know what's going on without too much doubt.

• Like 2

TaylorMade Stealth2+ 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.75"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS (2024)

My WITB Post

Played 18 with the Qi10 core 8º today and was able to get some numbers on my buddy's GC3. Based on my pre-season testing of core 9º heads, spin was exactly what I would have expected from an 8º version: a couple hundred RPM lower, but too high. I guess I'll be doing some surgery on it to reduce weight in the rear and add some hot melt more forward. 

My WITB Post

On 6/22/2024 at 2:02 PM, jll62 said:

Played 18 with the Qi10 core 8º today and was able to get some numbers on my buddy's GC3. Based on my pre-season testing of core 9º heads, spin was exactly what I would have expected from an 8º version: a couple hundred RPM lower, but too high. I guess I'll be doing some surgery on it to reduce weight in the rear and add some hot melt more forward. 

I’m not saying this to be a punk…It’s an honest opinion. So in essence your creating something closer to the QI10 LS?  I would think you could grind the slider weight slightly and add that weight to the rear port and create the middle ground you seem to be looking for. 

Edited by mogc60

TAYLORMADE QI 10LS 8* GD VF 50 X

PING G425 LST 14.5 Rogue 80X

PING G430 HY 17* Tour 2.0 X

PING G430 HY 19* Tour 2.0 X

PING BLUEPRINT S Accra Green 125

PING S159 50S, 54H, 58S Accra 130

I series steel shafts 

PING OSLO 3 PLD PLUS no sight line dot only                   

1 hour ago, mogc60 said:

I’m not saying this to be a punk…It’s an honest opinion. So in essence your creating something closer to the QI10 LS?  I would think you could grind the slider weight slightly and add that weight to the rear port and create the middle ground you seem to be looking for. 

You could certainly go that route. I have an 8º LS and considered it, but decided against it because it starts to become a question of how much weight can you move. 

A question to ask is why does a core v2 head exist at all when TM could have easily taken the LS and used a lighter track weight for Rory, Scottie, etc., and then added mass to the rear. I think the answer is MOI. The core head doesn't need the internal support for the weight track, so by default there is going to be less weight forward. I would bet that tweaking a core head will result in a head that has a higher MOI than an LS modified as you suggest. The reason I was interested in the core over my LS was to get a bump in MOI.

• Like 3

My WITB Post

On 6/23/2024 at 5:51 AM, jll62 said:

Circumstantial evidence, but it's enough to figure out what's going on. First, the core V2 wouldn't be on the conforming list if there wasn't something different about the construction. Second, the fact that Rory is playing it is a strong indicator that it has a more forward CG profile. He could never play the regular core head because it spins too much. Third, the guy who does club work out on LIV (Ben Giunta, "thetourvan" on IG) has made posts talking about certain pros playing V2 and has shown how to make a retail core play more like a V2 (lighter rear weight, hotmelt forward).

So not 100% proof, but I think we all know what's going on without too much doubt.

Top info, cheers. 

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

6 hours ago, mogc60 said:

4 hours ago, jll62 said:

You could certainly go that route. I have an 8º LS and considered it, but decided against it because it starts to become a question of how much weight can you move. 

A question to ask is why does a core v2 head exist at all when TM could have easily taken the LS and used a lighter track weight for Rory, Scottie, etc., and then added mass to the rear. I think the answer is MOI. The core head doesn't need the internal support for the weight track, so by default there is going to be less weight forward. I would bet that tweaking a core head will result in a head that has a higher MOI than an LS modified as you suggest. The reason I was interested in the core over my LS was to get a bump in MOI.

48 minutes ago, Qegurezi said:

Top info, cheers. 

This is the same thing I was wondering as well and I think jll62 is right here, although IMO based on the MOI numbers i've seen you could in fact get an LS into the same horizontal MOI territory as the Core and Dot heads given how big the front weight is. I do however wonder where the vertical CG would end up in the process, so I'll hazard a couples guesses as to how the Core head came about instead of a modified LS head. 

Based on that article about the development of the Dot Head from a couple months back it came about based on some pretty exhaustive testing to get Scheffler into anything Qi10. A couple quotes stand out:

Scheffler was coming to the end of his multi-year contract with TaylorMade, which meant he’d need to see something that confirmed the Qi10 coming down the pipelines was noticeably better than what he was playing before a switch would be considered.

Another session just before Christmas reinforced Rietveld’s belief that Scheffler would eventually end up in the Qi10 core, but they weren’t quite there yet. So the journey continued.

“You could feel he had an affection to the core head,” he said. “He needed a fraction less loft, which is pretty common for him, but we were getting closer.”

Reading between the lines, and sometimes directly ON the lines, it sounds like everything that lead to the Qi10 Dot head was based around "Scottie Scheffler is the hottest thing in golf and his contract is up, we need to do ANYTHING to keep him". This becomes much less of an academic/scientific approach (although surely that factored in on the back end) and much more of an intimate "customer retention" sales approach. Or to put it another way, if the Qi10 Dot head exists via the whims of whatever Scheffler wanted then by definition this wasn't going to be a logical linear process focused on what was technically possible, it was whatever it took to make Scottie happy so he would re-up his contract. If they tried with a modified LS a few times and failed, it wouldn't matter if the LS could be modified further to get there, especially if Scottie felt that he was already closer with the Core head. Refining of the Core head would have continued in the place of the LS, and if the comments about matching all the measured stats of his Stealth 2 head lined up with using the Core as a starting point  anyway then all the more reason to work from there. And it could have been as simple as lack of availability of varied front weights for the LS at the time. Yes they could grind stock ones down, but maybe they needed to be ground down so much that is caused problems. Or maybe Scottie just liked the look of the Core head more, who knows lol. 

The point is they would do whatever they needed to keep Scottie on the roster, even if they meant making him a 6* QI10 Max head if it came to it i'm sure. 😅

Edited by Valtiel
  • Like 4

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Tensei AV White 85TX 1.0 // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour X  // Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour X
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 5i-6i 26*- 30* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 6.8-7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 7i-PW 34*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 59* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

3 hours ago, Valtiel said:

This is the same thing I was wondering as well and I think jll62 is right here, although IMO based on the MOI numbers i've seen you could in fact get an LS into the same horizontal MOI territory as the Core and Dot heads given how big the front weight is. I do however wonder where the vertical CG would end up in the process, so I'll hazard a couples guesses as to how the Core head came about instead of a modified LS head. 

Based on that article about the development of the Dot Head from a couple months back it came about based on some pretty exhaustive testing to get Scheffler into anything Qi10. A couple quotes stand out:

Reading between the lines, and sometimes directly ON the lines, it sounds like everything that lead to the Qi10 Dot head was based around "Scottie Scheffler is the hottest thing in golf and his contract is up, we need to do ANYTHING to keep him". This becomes much less of an academic/scientific approach (although surely that factored in on the back end) and much more of an intimate "customer retention" sales approach. Or to put it another way, if the Qi10 Dot head exists via the whims of whatever Scheffler wanted then by definition this wasn't going to be a logical linear process focused on what was technically possible, it was whatever it took to make Scottie happy so he would re-up his contract. If they tried with a modified LS a few times and failed, it wouldn't matter if the LS could be modified further to get there, especially if Scottie felt that he was already closer with the Core head. Refining of the Core head would have continued in the place of the LS, and if the comments about matching all the measured stats of his Stealth 2 head lined up with using the Core as a starting point  anyway then all the more reason to work from there. And it could have been as simple as lack of availability of varied front weights for the LS at the time. Yes they could grind stock ones down, but maybe they needed to be ground down so much that is caused problems. Or maybe Scottie just liked the look of the Core head more, who knows lol. 

The point is they would do whatever they needed to keep Scottie on the roster, even if they meant making him a 6* QI10 Max head if it came to it i'm sure. 😅

Hard to argue with much of that!!! Cheers

• Like 1

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Has anyone tried the retail core head compared to the * core head. Wondering what the results are?

Qi10 9* w/Ventus Blue TR 6TX

BRNR Mini 13.5* w/Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
TSr3 18* w/Tensei AV Raw White 85TX

TP 08’ 3-PW w/MMT 125TX

Mg4 50*, 56*, 60* w/DG S400

Tour Spider V DB 
TP5X 24'

6 wood arrived today. Looks fantastic! 

Taylormade Qi10 Core 8* Ventus Black 7X

Taylormade Mini Driver 11.5* Ventus Blue Tr 7X

Taylormade Qi10 R13.5* Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade Qi10 4W16.5* Ventus Black 9X

Taylormade Qi10 6W21* Hzrdus Black 95TX

Taylormade PUDI 2,3,4 MMT 105 TX

Taylormade 2014 TP MC 5-9 MMT 105 TX

Taylormade RAW MG4 46,50,54,60 MMT 125 TX

Taylormade Spider X7

Looks l like the shaft may be backordered. I just put another 6 wood in my cart and it said available, shipping 7/3/24. See if you can change the shaft. Good Luck.

On 6/26/2024 at 5:51 AM, ry1808 said:

Enjoy.

I got this email last night...

42228dd1-325f-4db1-8a64-c77b3d018548.jpg.9f07a8e7e2792671863551d7cf49e90d.jpg

Taylormade Qi10 Core 8* Ventus Black 7X

Taylormade Mini Driver 11.5* Ventus Blue Tr 7X

Taylormade Qi10 R13.5* Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade Qi10 4W16.5* Ventus Black 9X

Taylormade Qi10 6W21* Hzrdus Black 95TX

Taylormade PUDI 2,3,4 MMT 105 TX

Taylormade 2014 TP MC 5-9 MMT 105 TX

Taylormade RAW MG4 46,50,54,60 MMT 125 TX

Taylormade Spider X7

i'm curious about the 6w too.  the TM fairways are pretty damn hot off the face and i need something I can manipulate high/low that goes a little further than most 7w if I jump on it but can also be used into greens with less than full swings.  I almost ordered a tsr 7w with a 1/2" longer shaft than stock.  Hopefully these don't get sold out super quick like the mini drivers.  

TSi3 10* Ventus Black 6X 45"

TM BRNR 13.5* hzrdus gen4 black 6.5 70g 43.75"

TS3 18* Hzrdus smoke black 70g 6.5 42"

25* Hzrdus smoke black rdx 100g 6.5
New Level 902-OS 6-P (KBS tour 130x) -1* weak on each

Cobra Snakebite Raw 48,52,56,60 w/ KBS Hi-Rev 135x (56/60)
L.A.B. Golf DF3 35"/ 69* Press Pistol, Accra Shaft G align

Ambassador @truelinkswear

I would really like to try the 8* core head. I have been tinkering with a Qi10 LS 9* head and the lie angle is just too flat for my liking. The only shot I can hit with it is a fade which is not my standard shot shape nor my preferred flight. I love the way it feels and the sound it produces but I can't see me ever putting it into play.

TSR3 8 Ventus TR Black 6

TSR3 15 Ventus TR Blue 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

T200 4-6 Steelfiber i110

T150 7-GW Steelfiber i110
SM10 54F/60M DG TI S400
Circle T Phantom 11.5 Proto 

Pro V1