2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Callaway Giveaway!!! 2 sets of Roger Cleveland Custom made wedges!!!

count me in on this one i love wedges :)

I'd love to have custom fitted wedges made by Roger Cleveland. I've been playing with Mizuno RT in 52, 56, and 60 whose shafts were fit to my swing. I hav enjoyed success with these these. It would be nice to get a professional club fitters opinion as to what loft, style, and shafts might enhance my skill as a wedge player. Count me in.

Aloha and Mahalo, Golf WRX, Callaway, and Roger Cleveland.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working hard on my short game and find it difficult to work my current set up for the conditions I routinely play. A custom set up, however, will allow me to execute the shots I want to under the conditions I play in without having to manipulate the club face an extraordinary amount. Custom wedges will help me improve my game!

Everyone around here knows how important properly fitted equipment is. We all do out best, but there are very few of us who get the opportunity to experience getting custom clubs build by someone like Roger Cleveland. It would be awesome to get some new custom ground wedges that fit my style of short game, and that would allow me to really approach my short game as I would like to rather than having to take the equipment into consideration.

I'm using Cally X-Forged wedges now so it'd be great to upgrade to a custom made set by RC...Thx!

TM Qi10 LS 8.25°, Ventus Black 6X, tipped 1”, 44.75” 

TM BRNR Mini Driver at 12° (HWF), HZRDUS Black RDX 70 TX, tipped 1", 43.75"

TM Stealth+ 5w at 18.25°, HZRDUS Black RDX 80 6.5, tipped 1”, 42.5”

2023 TM P7MB (4-PW), PX 6.0, +1/4”

Vokey SM10 50.08(F), 54.12(D), 60.08(M), PX 6.0, +1/4"

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2, 360g, 35"

Well Roger, I think you make great wedges, however I have a Vokey in my bag right now and the grooves are starting to wear, almost time for a replacement. Now I know you would love for me to replace that Voke with a beautiful handcrafted Roger Cleveland wedge. Let's face it we would both sleep better at night knowing that a guy who is viewed by his buddies as the best wedge player they know, had a custom Roger Cleveland wedge in the bag. :rolleyes:

I think you make the sweetest wedges in the market right now and have help one in my hands several times this spring, My wife was laid off and money was tight, I keep looking at the grooves on my Vokey knowing that the day will come, she aint dead yet but I am getting ready to hook up life support. So give dlygrisse's game a little stimulus package, nothing I would like more right now than a sweet 52* and 58* with a nice sole grind and my name stamped on the back.

Thanks for your consideration.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I have been looking for wedge or two that will basically hit themselves. I think the only way to get something like that is to have them custom made by Roger Cleveland.

I'm tired of bombing a drive down the fairway to within 30 yards of the green and then either chunking or blading the pitch shot.

I know that I hit every shot perfectly and that it's always an equipment failure... I mean it has to be, right?

My goal is to go from currently being a 14 handicapper to a Champions Tour player once I'm 50, in 15 years.

Once my 4 kids are out of the house I plan to golf every waking hour that I possibly can, so I'm trying to get ready now by getting the best custom fitted equipment humanly possible.

Bob Vokey won't return my emails, won't answer my phone calls, and doesn't even have the decency to answer his own doorbell when I show up at his house with my camping gear ... that wuss won't even come out the front door to get his newspaper, the punk slips out the side door on his roller blades wearing his speedo gear and whizzes right by me just when I'm waking from my mid morning nap... and I don't see him again for hours. He doesn't even offer to get me a moccachino when I can clearly see he's been to Starbucks.

Personally I think Bob Vokey makes junk wedges, but I don't know where Roger Cleveland lives... I tried to ask Bob where Roger lives and he just ignores me. He acts like he's listening to an ipod that's built into his aerodynamicly engineered helmet, but I know better!

Please Roger, don't let me down!

I love wedges, I am reading posts about bad wedge games, and a good wedge helps but you have to understand how they work. My wedges are the only reason I have a reasonable handicap. My first club was a MacGregor Copper Face 11 iron that a neighbor gave me when I was 10. I practiced in a field and learned to do all types of things with that wedge. By the age of 12 when my father decided to take me to the course with him, and I could hit any green from 100 yards and in. Long drives are nice but nothing is more satisfactory to me than sticking it close.

I really could use some help with my bounce and sole grind options. I have tried most of the major wedge manufactures and while all are very good, I always wished I could combine the weight of one company with the bounce option of another, and the sole grind of yet another. If I could afford it I would buy a grinding wheel and try it myself, but that would destroy a number of good clubs before I could figure out what I was doing.

As the Donkey in Shrek screamed " Pick Me... Pick Me....

4 reasons...

1. 30% of my shots are using wegdes

2. never been fitted for wedges

3. callaway wedges are siiiccckk!!! i use one...

4. ground and hand-stamped from Mr. Roger Cleveland & Callaway... Priceless!!!

Ping G430MAX 10.5* GD PT-6

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* 18* w/ GD CQ & IZ

Ping G425 Hybrid 22* 25* w/ GD Hybrid 95
ONOFF Kuro 6-PW w/ Modus 115

Titleist Vokey Raw 50F* 54F* 60T*
Scotty Cameron

Titleist ProV1x

Wow what a sweet deal to us here at GolfWRX.

These wedges would be a great add to anyones bag. I'd be honored to win this contest and add outstanding wedges to my bag. This would particularly help my game due to my highest lofted club being my pitching wedge adding these wedges to my set would help create a full rounded bag . So this would definitely help my game inside 100 yards. Also as a Jr. golfer funds are hard to come buy to buy anything golf related especially coming from a non-golfing family who can't justify spending money of golf equipment. So hopefully I have a chance at winning these wedges and it gives me the chance to help me improve my game. lol It would be great to have an appropriate clube to have to play from the greenside rough and bunkers. Thanks for the chance!

Thank you GolfWRX, Callaway and Mr. Cleveland.

I'm a 2 handicap who only plays public courses and I enjoy trying to play at the state Am level. I've gone through many wedges and still stick with my old ones from the 80s. My Sandwedge literally has no grooves on the bottom and is a bit concave. I've tried others, but still love my go to wedge. I've bought replacements and they just don't chip as well. I've worn the sole out significantly to where the original bounce has been severely reduced, which is great since it allows me to pick the ball clean from hardpan. Since I play munis, the greens tend to vary quite a bit and bite is unpredictable (as opposed to greens at highly manicured courses), so I actually prefer less spin, when chipping, since its more predictable. With my lob wedge, I like to hit lots of flop shots around the green, but the grooves are dull and I'd love to get more bite on those to where the ball just sticks after landing. Unfortunately I haven't found a 60 or 61* lob wedge that I can really open up on tight lies and higher lofted wedges don't feel comforatable to me and leave me with a large distance gap. I rarely hit it fat. I know there is something to be gained in my short game by having the proper wedges.

I would love the opportunity to consult with Mr. Cleveland about what wedges and grinds would suit me best and I would be happy to dictate/record the conversation/correspondence and post it on GolfWRX so other golfers can see how a proper wedge fitting and grinding works or at least understand the issues that need to be considered. There is a lot of information available about driver and iron fitting, but the wedges get treated different since feel is very important as opposed to simple numbers on a launch monitor.

Whoever wins, I hope GolfWRX will post some info on how the wedges & grinds were chosen and completed.

Again, thank you and good luck,

Alex

PS If nothing else, could an expert please recommend what wedges and grinds would suit me?

Thank you, golfwrx, Callaway and Mr. Cleveland for this contest!

I only have one Callaway in my bag, the X Tour 60*. This is the only 60* that has remained in my bag since it is the purest releasing 60 I've ever had through impact and it works with my swing perfectly. In the past, 60 wedges have seemed to have a mind of their own, all towed over through impact. I've hit some great shots with this 60 and would love to have a 51* and a 55* made by the hands of the master himself since it's time to retire my final pair of Cleveland forgings. Why replace them with Cleveland fashioned Callaways? Reason one: forged! Reason two: fit and fashioned by Roger Cleveland!! Reason three: as a club fitter, I want to pick the man's brain and feel his passion for getting it right!!! Thanks for the chance!

First and most of all thank you to Callaway Golf :smilie_cally: and GolfWRX for giving the GolfWRX members such a rare and remarkable opportunity. :clapping:

The scoring clubs (wedges and putter) are the most important clubs in the bag. Anyone getting the chance to work with Roger and the team of craftsman at Callaway to have set of custom wedges ground, stamped, finished, and built for them is going to be extremely fortunate. I pursued having a set of custom ground, top quality wedges built for me last year. It turned out to be a major disappointment. The wedges themselves were wonderful, but the grinds were all wrong for my game. There went big $$$ down the drain.

I'd consider myself remarkably fortunate if I were to win this contest and get a chance to work with the best there is, Mr. Cleveland, and I'd be sportin' the sweetest set of wedges this side of the Tour... :man_in_love:

Sign me up please! :golfer:

WITB

Driver - Auditioning XXIO X eks 2022 Driver 9.5 (benched RBZ Tour Issue)

Fairway Metal - RBZ Tour issue 4 wood

Irons - Epon mixed set circa 2010

Wedges - Mizuno T4 forged (60, 54, 48)

Putter - Byron Da Kine (carbon, naked, long pipe)

Balles - Titleist Pro V1x #41

I want to state my admiration for fine craftsmanship and the role equipment improvements play in my personal pursuit of a better game and realize in order to do this I need to try and define my golf desire and why the quest for improvement is so important. I did not try golf until after my daughter was in her teens and I was in my mid forties so I’ve found in order to be successful I have to couple the physical disadvantages of an older body with a wiser perspective on learning, training and equipment. I find that more play brings more desire to improve and the trill of those brief, pure moments of golf accomplishment continue to turn into more passion and devotion for the next achievement. Golf is my release, my pleasure, my indulgence to be outside and my drive to succeed and push myself into constant challenges on social, physical and mental levels. I put more practice and study into this endeavor than any other previous hobby or interest and it’s all for that perfect fleeting tingle of omnipotence that comes from the feel, sound and sight of a perfect shot. This passion also comes out in improvement efforts through quality equipment. This part of my quest can only be done within the framework of what I can afford, so I’m viewing this exercise not only as a tribute to Mr. Cleveland, a dive into introspection about what pushes me to dream and play, but also getting a stake in that tiny chance of winning these fine tools.

I would love the opportunity to own custom made clubs by one of the acknowledged giants of golf club design.

I've still got some game left, and as I prepare to retire, having Rodger Cleveland wedges in my bag would give me a great beginning to the next phase of my golfing life.

Thanks GolfWRX, for featuring this exciting opportunity---for whoever wins!

Texsport

Mizuno GT180 10.5*/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5 X
Tour Edge Exotics CB F2 PRO 15.5* Limited/Speeder 757 EVO 7.1X (Gene Sauers club)
Titleist 915 18*/Fubuki K 80X
Titleist 913 Hybrid 21*/Tour Blue 105X (Matt Jones' club) (OR) TM Burner 4-iron/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Wilson Staff V4 5 and 6/Aerotech Fibersteel 110 S
MacGregor PRO M 7-PM/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Edel 50*/KBS 610 S
Scratch JMO Grind Don White 56*/DG X-100
Cobra Trusty Rusty Tour 64*/DG S-200
The Cure CX2 putter

Those wedges are just what my golf game needs. Been playing golf for over forty years and find the course are getting longer every year. Depend on my scoring clubs more every day. Now those custom wedges by Roger would be the living end. I would play they with pride and keep teaching those young bucks a thing or two. Thanks for this great contest. :clapping:

Mike I