2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Callaway Giveaway!!! 2 sets of Roger Cleveland Custom made wedges!!!

Wow! This opportunity just highlights why GolfWrx is the best!

I can't imagine any equipment junkie who wouldn't want to win this! obviously its the chance of a lifetime work with a true artist and professional but from my perspective this is truly a unique opportunity to elevate my game to new heights and eliminate the doubt and excuses from my short game...

I'm a low handicap golfer and by far the weakest area of my game is my wedge play, I'm lucky enough to be a member at three very different courses each with their own unique requirements:

A small tight inland course with small greens and lush grass surrounding them

A long resort course with large greens and smooth tight run-off areas

A links course with all of the usual links challenges!

Each course requires a different range of shots and wedge characteristics which makes it difficult for me to find a wedge that works for each (god knows I've tried)... Its all to easy to blame the tools especially when the rest of my game has been working so well. Every round seems to end with a list of frustrating "what might have been" wedge stories :black eye: . To work with Roger and to challenge him to come up with a set of wedges that work for me and these conditions would be a dream come true, if anyone could do it I'm sure he could!

Thanks for this chance of sanity and please Help!

Alan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FATHERS DAY.

If lucky enough to win this competition, I would have to choose 3 wedges. However, I'd like to ask that 1 be right handed for my dad. My dad is my hero and has been a Callaway faithful for the past 15 years. 13 clubs in the bag at all times. Since retirement, my dads game has gotten a lot better from tee to green, but is actually getting worse around the greens. I would LOVE to see him have a wedge he can play and take true pride in. Even giving him a custom wedge could never thank him enough for what he's done for me in my life. He's been the best dad you could ever ask for. And this would make one hell of a Fathers Day present.

For myself, this would be a true blessing. I've always been above average in my short game skills, but to get that good, I've always had to grind my own lefty wedges. All of my wedges have hit the grinder and belt sander many times. In fact, my current Cleveland 56* wedge has been in the bag for the past 10 years! So I definately need one of those...

But first and foremost, I would make sure my dad gets his. Giving that to him would be a true gift to me as well.

Why wedges? Because my short game needs to go a long way.

Once or twice a week, I play golf at a very short, par 30, executive course with my father. Next spring he’ll turn 80. He’s had multiple heart issues, overcome cancer, and walks roughly on knees beaten down from old football injuries and years of carrying too much weight – both literally and metaphorically.

While his touch around the green and range off the tee have faded, his love for me clearly has not. He finds no greater joy than seeing me go low – or even simply hitting one great shot. Three times, I’ve shot a 31 on that course – never a par round.

I don’t have a long time left with my father. Some of my best times with him – the memories I’ll carry through my life – came on a little par three with a wedge in my hand. I want so much to share with my father the joy of seeing me take that one stroke off my score. A simple 30. Par. Because when it comes down to it, my short game has to last a lifetime.

My vokey wedges are getting old. However, If I won I would have to give the wedges to my 16 year old daughter. She is playing golf at a high level, and custom callaway wedges would improve her short game. She already plays 12 callaway clubs. She goes thru a lob wedge just about every other year. The things parents give up for their kids. :black eye:

First off, I recently broke my 60 degree wedge so I only have my 52 and 56 left, and while they get the job done they are not exactly the greatest wedges in the world. Personally I like to play many different types of shots with my wedges, but without the right grinds and proper specs its hard to play some of the shots that I want to. I think having the kind of customization that the pros have would significantly improve my wedge game.

Thanks to GolfWRX and Callaway for this opportunity. Like many others, I'd like to have these wedges to improve my struggles from 100 and in. Off-the-shelf wedges just don't seem to work well for me and I am constantly searching to find the perfect combination of look, feel, and performance. The opportunity to work with a legend such as Mr. Cleveland is beyond belief. If he can't get my wedges dialed in, it can't be done. Thanks again.

Hi,

Well, I would like to try those custom wedges and see how they perform against my current Mizuno MPT wedges as set out in the sig.

golfingly

sjwdr

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ghost Tour Daytona 12 35´´[/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]SM 5 58°/8 PX 6.5 +1´´ 1° up
SM 5 52°/8 PX 6.5 +0.75´´ 1° strong 1°up
712 MB (3-PW) PX 7.0 +0.5´´ 2° strong 1° up[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]910 H 17° (A1) Speeder 904 X 40.25´´
913 FD 13.5° (D1) Diamana White D+ 82 X 43´´
910 D3 8.5° (D1) Pro Launch Red X 45´´[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist stand bag ultra lightweight, Titleist glooves, FootJoy shoes[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lamkin Crossline Midsize for irons / wedges and Standard 58 for hybrid / woods[/font][/size]

I would cherish the opportunity to own a functional masterpiece. Just as fine hand crafted musical instruments are meant to be played as well as beheld as such, I would equally do my best to fulfill the intended purpose of these finely hand crafted wedges. Having a set of wedges hand ground and customized to my specifications by the original master craftsman himself would yield not only a truly priceless treasure but a priceless experience as well.

I am a regular guy with a regular job with a regular schedule of work at the office and work at home, leaving sometimes little time to dedicate to this wonderful game. So, breaking 100 is a “job well done for me”. Also, I’m not a collector or a “ho” in the same way as many of my fellow members. Family takes precedence in an age when the economy has an undeserved influence on the kinds of purchases made by guys like me. Golf was not a part of my life growing up, but in discovering this game I have uncovered a world of opportunities. I have been given the opportunity to bond with good friends and family, the opportunity to develop mental and physical acuity and the opportunity to dabble in gathering a few affordable gems to treasure and enjoy and hopefully pass on. Additionally, I now have the opportunity to share my discovery with my one-and-only son of 5 years. I love to hear him ask me to take him to play “gof”.

So, I haven’t “worn out” dozens of name brand wedges or will be replacing my current “custom ground” set with a fresh set of “freebies” that may “earn their way” into my bag nor have I been a fan “all of my life”. I couldn’t have, but this only demonstrates the truly special gift it would be for me to receive the “tour treatment” by Roger Cleveland himself, just like our favorite pros do. I could then be able to share not only the experience with those that I love but I could pass along a prized one-of-a-kind, very personal treasure of mine for the next generation to enjoy.

Thank you all for your consideration.

Is SOOOO love to be selected to have a "custom fit" set of these X-Forged.I play 3 of them now and it would be cool to see the winner'{s} selected being someone who has supported your wedges designs over the years and continue to do so.Many of the users her "hype" scratch and Chikara wedges and they just dont know how solid your wedges are.I played Cleveland wedges when you were with "them" and followed you to Cally.There isnt a better feeling or performing wedge {IMHO} out there made by anyone at any price.PERIOD! To have the oppotunity to have a custom ground set {I think Id want the C-grind in all 3}would complete my bg and just make it even "more perfect" for me thsn they already are.They are my "scoring tools" and I cant hype them enough.Of all the models you have designed over the years,these are "el perfecto"!!! Please pick me!! {Crossing my fimgers!!

PS. Not knocking the Scratch or Chikara wedges.Ive demod a Chikara wedg and it didnt perform[FOR ME] nearly as well as tor X-forged line.Just wish they were a'custom fit ad ground set.

BEST WEDGES IN GOLF....BAR NONE!!

I would like a set of Custom Ground Callaway wedges in an attempt to break 70! I loose on average 3 strokes a round to a bad chip via a missed up and down. Mostly the wedges grind but also the grooves hold me back. I have yet to find a wedge with ultra sharp grooves with a grind I like out of the box. I think Mr. Cleveland could help me figure this out!

Thanks to all who are putting on this giveaway, Roger, Callaway golf, and Golf WRX

mattsam

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

I would like to win these so I can give them to my dad on father's day. He's retired and uses 2nd hand clubs and only has a PW. I think it would be great to have some custom wedges for him that he could use and not be hand me down clubs. Good luck with your decision.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway AI Smoke TD Tensei AV White 75 Stiff 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland RTX 6 48.10, 54.10, 60.12 TI DG Spinner Wedges

Ping Oslo 4 PLD Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

I got my first Cleveland wedge way back in the 1980s to replace the pitching wedge out of my "set" of irons. I was heartbroken until the first round with that 588 in my bag, and I've been a loyal customer, replacing any wedge in all my sets since then with Clevelands.... and since Roger moved on from the company he established way back when I've been looking for the opportunity to try something else made by him, but more importantly something touched by his own magical hands.

Thanks to Callaway and Golfwrx for the opportunity! I absolutely love wedges and have been fortunate enough to try out many different custom grinds from many manufacturers. I would love the opportunity to see if my preconceived notions as to what works best for my personal game would match up with Mr. Cleveland's recommendations based on his vast expertise. Thanks again!

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Wedges in my golf bag have been a revolving door. It would an amazing opportunity to have custom wedges that are suited to my game and I can settle down. The fact that someone like Roger Cleveland would have a hand in helping me find and then creating what will work best is a very generous opportunity from GolfWRX and Callaway and I hope that I will have the chance to be treated like a pro.

Thanks again for the opportunity 2 people will be lucky individuals.

SD

What a phenomenal opportunity. Thank you Mr. Cleveland and GolfWRX

I would love to play these wedges. I haven't been able to play much lately due to a bad knee injury. In the fall I was able to play my Conference Tournament and, to my surprise, even with a bum knee, was able to make all conference. After that I was out again, unable to play except in one of our tournaments.

I'd been playing a set of Callaway X-Tour Wedges from a couple of years ago that I had ground that I absolutely love, but they're getting pretty worn. Now that I've had the problem resolved, and I'm back to playing regularly, I'd love the opportunity to have a set of wedges customized by someone that makes wedges for players at the highest level of the game. Hopefully allowing me to improve on my performance from this past fall, in my upcoming final college season.

Thanks

My wedge play as of late has been killing me. My R9 has been putting me right in the fairway all day long, but I'm not hitting enough GIR. I'm gaming a CG14 56o and old Raw Nike 60o. My grooves on the nike are about toast and the zip grooves seem to be tearing up my golf balls left and right.

A custom set of wedges should make life a lot easier. Plus I get a great story to tell people all about how wonderful this site it (not that I don't already).

To me, Roger Cleveland sees things that other people don't see. That is why wedges that have been touched by his hands are so special.

I hope the unique nature of my wedge needs will be a challenge for Mr. Cleveland.

I had a old Cleveland 64 degee wedge that had been custom ground for a tour player. It was my favorite wedge for greenside scoring shots, but it has since worn out from too much use.

I now have the Callaway X-Forged Vintage 64/9 wedge which is a fine wedge, but is lacking that certain "something" I expereinced with the old tour-ground wedge. I also have the X-Forged 52/12 for my 100 yd shots and feel the bounce on this club may not be perfect for me. I am sure he could find a solution. Finally, my bunker shots are the weak link in my game so his advice on what sand wedge configuration would be best would be a wonderful experience.

The Callaway X-Forged are so beautiful, having the grind customization would really put the icing on the cake.

For something like this, I would come Roger. Please let me know where and when.

Thank you for your consideration.

Driver: Ping G425 Max 12 deg w/MR Tensei Orange R
Woods: Ping G425 5w & 7w w/MR Tensei Orange R
Hybrid: Ping G410 26 deg w/MR Diamana Blueboard R
Irons: Ping i230 5-U w/Nippon Modulus3 105S
Wedges: Ping Eye 2 Gorge SW w/DG Spinner/Cleveland 588 Tour Issue 64 deg w/DG S400
Putter: Bettinardi Queen B #10
Ball: Titleist ProV1x (2021) 

I currently play X-Forged wedges and really like the feel they provide along with the versatiliy, but I have worn out the wedges and need to replace them and to have the chance to sit down and determine the exact specifications that I need with the Wedge Guru himself would be out of this world. I don't know who would not jump at the opportunity to work with Mr. Cleveland if they had the chance. Thank you GolfWrx for providing this opportunity!

Callaway Maverick SZ TD 9* Mitsubishi DF 70, Callaway Steelhead 3W Mitsubishi DF 80, Callaway Steelhead 5W Mitsubishi DF80,  Adams Peanut 18* Mitsubishi Pro Orange 90, Apex TCB 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX,  Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58 Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX, Scotty Cameron Newport 33/350G gun blue putter