Is the "other site" done for good? (Merged)

thepeak

[quote name='Seve424' post='2047556' date='Nov 5 2009, 12:51 PM'][quote name='REALLYwhiteFEET' post='2047401' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:23 AM']Anyone know where Adammull is? I miss that guy. The 3 wood thread was epic![/quote]

Link?
[/quote]

It was on BSG several years ago.....unless one of these guys has it archived.....it is "lost" with the "server" problems.

$LEFTY$  

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 65S - Taylormade Stealth 2 3W HL w/ Fugi Ventus TR 6-S - Callaway Big Bertha Max 4H w/ Recoil 75 - Srixon Zx5 5i-PW w/ Recoil 95 - Titleist SM8 48 & 52 w/ Recoil 110 - Callaway JAWS 56 w/ Recoil 110 - Ping Tour-W 60 w/ Recoil 110 - Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 34 - Taylormade TP5X - PING Hoofer

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NYKnuckleballer' post='2047628' date='Nov 5 2009, 03:30 PM'][quote name='thepeak' post='2047616' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:24 PM']Does anyone know a BSGer using the username KGZ or how I can contact him[/quote]

Does he owe you money, too?
[/quote]

LOL, no he doesn't.
When i first started this thread (Im quite amazed that it has illicited so many views and diverse opinions) I was hoping that it would be up within a couple of days. I was trolling through there the day previous to my post to find a Cally U-Pro for sale and when i went to offer to buy it the site was down. KGZ was the username of the seller I think.

Ive never been involved in starting a thread with this many hits - WOW is all I can say

[quote name='MBA-J' post='2047761' date='Nov 5 2009, 12:37 PM'][quote name='teddymolt' post='2047509' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:21 PM']Man I hope this is one of those cases were sarcasm doesn't travel well on the intertubes.[/quote]

Look man, you asked and I'm just being straight up. You are completely missing my point though. It's more than OK to ask questions or think outside the box. The problem is that what you think is speaking with conviction comes across as being stubborn and closed minded. Who cares what the engineers that you manage have to say about [s]golf clubs[/s] "sarcasm"? How many of them have ever [s]developed[/s] "been sarcastic" or even conducted testing on [s]golf clubs[/s] "sarcasm"? I understand that there are some basic principles in terms of physics that apply, but one who is inexperienced in this industry is hardly qualified enough to question the findings that I presented which came directly from the top engineer at [s]Taylor Made[/s] "The Laugh Factory" and the director of [s]metalwoods[/s] "sarcasm" at [s]Callaway[/s] Comedy Central. Those people are the absolute BEST in the world at what they do. So, there is truly no offense intended.....but I'm going with what they tell me over what a management consultant thinks even if you do engineering work for Fortune 500 companies. You are obviously a pretty intelligent guy. I don't question that. The problem is that you don't know a thing about [s]golf clubs[/s] "sarcasm" and you're "conviction" comes across as arrogance and stubborness. Like I said several times over, I am not stating infromation in my posts based on MY opinions. So, this "because we (you) said so" comment is a bit off since I referenced my sources and never claimed these to be my own findings or ideas.

Lastly, your comments such as [b]"Man I hope this is one of those cases were sarcasm doesn't travel well on the intertubes."[/b] and things like your signature are what I find to be extremely annoying. You find it to be humorous, light hearted, etc. and I find it to be obnoxious. BTW, I truly do not intend to get into immature name calling when I say things like that either. I just don't have any other words for the outlandish remarks that you make. Absurd, delusional, etc. are simply the only terms that I can come up with to accurately describe some of the ideas that you present. It sounds harsh, yes. However, conversing with you on some topics is just THAT mind numbing because you are so closed minded and so far off base that you can't even begin to comprehend anyone else's point of view. In no way am I trying to insult or make personal attacks here, but you wanted to know what the problem is. The funny thing about this all is that if it weren't for me, you would have been gone from this site a long time ago. I'm the one who took you off of mod preview and I am also the one who let you back on the site when you were banned regardless of the numerous times that other mods have increased your warning level nearly to the point of you being banned from the website. Therefore, I think that I have been MORE than tolerant of your antics that you consider to be light hearted and quite understanding of how one's personality can come across on a forum.

You can take this however you please....constructive or insulting. I don't really care either way. My job is to do what is in the best interest of the site including it's membership, meaning I try to provide accurate and factual information. I have no tolerance for anyone who continually questions that. I've wasted enough time on this because it's probably not going to make any difference. You'll most likely continue on with the attitude that I have singled you out because you are not a big customer of [s]BSG[/s] "sarcasm" or [s]an Insider[/s] "sarcastic" when in reality it has nothing to do with that. We don't have these issues with those who are positive contributors to the site and are supportive of [s]BSG[/s] "sarcasm" whether they are customers or not.

Mossonhoss
[/quote]

What the hell is this? I don't even have a signature. Are you talking to me?

[quote name='teddymolt' post='2047858' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:21 PM'][quote name='MBA-J' post='2047761' date='Nov 5 2009, 12:37 PM'][quote name='teddymolt' post='2047509' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:21 PM']Man I hope this is one of those cases were sarcasm doesn't travel well on the intertubes.[/quote]

Look man, you asked and I'm just being straight up. You are completely missing my point though. It's more than OK to ask questions or think outside the box. The problem is that what you think is speaking with conviction comes across as being stubborn and closed minded. Who cares what the engineers that you manage have to say about [s]golf clubs[/s] "sarcasm"? How many of them have ever [s]developed[/s] "been sarcastic" or even conducted testing on [s]golf clubs[/s] "sarcasm"? I understand that there are some basic principles in terms of physics that apply, but one who is inexperienced in this industry is hardly qualified enough to question the findings that I presented which came directly from the top engineer at [s]Taylor Made[/s] "The Laugh Factory" and the director of [s]metalwoods[/s] "sarcasm" at [s]Callaway[/s] Comedy Central. Those people are the absolute BEST in the world at what they do. So, there is truly no offense intended.....but I'm going with what they tell me over what a management consultant thinks even if you do engineering work for Fortune 500 companies. You are obviously a pretty intelligent guy. I don't question that. The problem is that you don't know a thing about [s]golf clubs[/s] "sarcasm" and you're "conviction" comes across as arrogance and stubborness. Like I said several times over, I am not stating infromation in my posts based on MY opinions. So, this "because we (you) said so" comment is a bit off since I referenced my sources and never claimed these to be my own findings or ideas.

Lastly, your comments such as [b]"Man I hope this is one of those cases were sarcasm doesn't travel well on the intertubes."[/b] and things like your signature are what I find to be extremely annoying. You find it to be humorous, light hearted, etc. and I find it to be obnoxious. BTW, I truly do not intend to get into immature name calling when I say things like that either. I just don't have any other words for the outlandish remarks that you make. Absurd, delusional, etc. are simply the only terms that I can come up with to accurately describe some of the ideas that you present. It sounds harsh, yes. However, conversing with you on some topics is just THAT mind numbing because you are so closed minded and so far off base that you can't even begin to comprehend anyone else's point of view. In no way am I trying to insult or make personal attacks here, but you wanted to know what the problem is. The funny thing about this all is that if it weren't for me, you would have been gone from this site a long time ago. I'm the one who took you off of mod preview and I am also the one who let you back on the site when you were banned regardless of the numerous times that other mods have increased your warning level nearly to the point of you being banned from the website. Therefore, I think that I have been MORE than tolerant of your antics that you consider to be light hearted and quite understanding of how one's personality can come across on a forum.

You can take this however you please....constructive or insulting. I don't really care either way. My job is to do what is in the best interest of the site including it's membership, meaning I try to provide accurate and factual information. I have no tolerance for anyone who continually questions that. I've wasted enough time on this because it's probably not going to make any difference. You'll most likely continue on with the attitude that I have singled you out because you are not a big customer of [s]BSG[/s] "sarcasm" or [s]an Insider[/s] "sarcastic" when in reality it has nothing to do with that. We don't have these issues with those who are positive contributors to the site and are supportive of [s]BSG[/s] "sarcasm" whether they are customers or not.

Mossonhoss
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that this is an email that MBA-J got from Hossonmoss over on the other site. At least that's the way I read it. MBA-J??

[quote name='donzo' post='2047881' date='Nov 5 2009, 04:36 PM'][quote name='teddymolt' post='2047858' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:21 PM'][quote name='MBA-J' post='2047761' date='Nov 5 2009, 12:37 PM'][quote name='teddymolt' post='2047509' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:21 PM']Man I hope this is one of those cases were sarcasm doesn't travel well on the intertubes.[/quote]

Mossonhoss
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that this is an email that MBA-J got from Hossonmoss over on the other site. At least that's the way I read it. MBA-J??
[/quote]

Yep... slightly modified for context...

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 8.5° Driver == Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Tour 15° FW == Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
Titleist 816H2 19° Hybrid == Veylix Rome 988 S+
Miura 1957 Small Blade 4-PW Irons == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50°, 54°, 58° Custom Wedges == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Scotty Cameron "Cameron & Crown" M2 Putter
Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Balls

[quote name='thepeak' post='2047834' date='Nov 5 2009, 04:11 PM'][quote name='NYKnuckleballer' post='2047628' date='Nov 5 2009, 03:30 PM'][quote name='thepeak' post='2047616' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:24 PM']Does anyone know a BSGer using the username KGZ or how I can contact him[/quote]

Does he owe you money, too?
[/quote]

LOL, no he doesn't.
When i first started this thread (Im quite amazed that it has illicited so many views and diverse opinions) I was hoping that it would be up within a couple of days. I was trolling through there the day previous to my post to find a Cally U-Pro for sale and when i went to offer to buy it the site was down. KGZ was the username of the seller I think.

Ive never been involved in starting a thread with this many hits - WOW is all I can say
[/quote]

You didn't start this thread. This is a bunch of threads merged because people kept asking about it. Yours happened to be the last one that asked. They just combined all the previous closed threads with yours.

The interest in this subject has been building for several years. Now it might be coming to an end and everybody's getting all nostalgic. :cry:

[quote name='rebels68' post='2047976' date='Nov 5 2009, 04:22 PM'][quote name='Kuboosh' post='2047961' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:18 PM']yes/no answer.

Is BSG dead?[/quote]

Yes, at the present time it is dead.

No, probably not dead for all time.

Of course, it appears that for some people it died awhile ago.
[/quote]

rebels68,my impression is that you feel the owners/administrators of BSG are being unfairly castigated.

If true,how would you explain the almost non-existence of tour equipment discussion over the last few months?Frankly,it seemed as though any new topic was just a discussion among 3 or 4 people(mostly administrators) which quickly died for lack of participants.

Why do you think all these people left BSG?

[quote name='LowPost42' post='2047737' date='Nov 5 2009, 04:26 PM']This has gotta be right up there with the NXS_Nick pedophile thread out there.[/quote]

Even though i passionately dislike BSG, it doesnt hold a candle to the NSX thread. That thread should have a national holiday to honor the Epic that the thread is/was

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Interesting post. I have been posting over there for years, my contact with the mods is minimal but I have never had a problem. I post on both not for the mods but for the knowledge that comes from the members and have met some great guys from both sites. If people want something negative sorry can't give it, I am an insider solely for the bst adds, the insider really never included Canadians. Golfwrx is also a great site and what seems like some good members. Really is too bad the site is down, hopefully not all the good info is lost. hopefully all the buddies made will come here and give me a pm if they have a new username, TIM

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

[quote name='MimosaToro' post='2048006' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:35 PM']I keep seeing this phrase come up, time and time again: THUMB RINGS.

What's the story behind this? I can't find anything, and it's not for a lack of trying![/quote]

There was a photo of the owner, Todd, wearing thumb rings. The general consensus seems to be that thumb rings on a man are just plain silly.

PING G30 Driver/3w/2h
PING i20 4-U
PING Tour W 56/60
Cameron Select 2.5
PING Hoofer

[quote name='Harry Longshanks' post='2048065' date='Nov 5 2009, 06:08 PM'][quote name='MimosaToro' post='2048006' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:35 PM']I keep seeing this phrase come up, time and time again: THUMB RINGS.

What's the story behind this? I can't find anything, and it's not for a lack of trying![/quote]

There was a photo of the owner, Todd, wearing thumb rings. The general consensus seems to be that thumb rings on a man are just plain silly.
[/quote]

Gotcha. Guess it was that simple. And I concur with the general consensus that thumb rings are silly (particularly on men).

[quote name='spookyfish' post='2047483' date='Nov 5 2009, 12:04 PM'][quote name='SeekonkHolen1' post='2047360' date='Nov 5 2009, 06:01 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2047329' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:47 AM'][quote name='MiGolf' post='2047021' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:08 AM'][quote name='elrey23' post='2047017' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:07 AM'][quote name='smithjohnjr' post='2046992' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:47 AM']A friend brought up an interesting point - if their data has been corrupted, how do they have some email addresses to send people notifications of why they are down?[/quote]

That's a good point. I haven't heard anyone else say they received an email from them but myself. I'm curious to know of the people who were members over there, who received an email?
[/quote]
I have not.
[/quote]

I have not.
[/quote]

I did get an email and I'm not an insider or anything like that.

Jorge
[/quote]Did it come from a bombsquadgolf.com email address or a googlemail address?

[/quote]
Mine came from Hossonmoss and it was a gmail address.

[quote name='MimosaToro' post='2048121' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:43 PM'][quote name='Harry Longshanks' post='2048065' date='Nov 5 2009, 06:08 PM'][quote name='MimosaToro' post='2048006' date='Nov 5 2009, 02:35 PM']I keep seeing this phrase come up, time and time again: THUMB RINGS.

[/quote]

Gotcha. Guess it was that simple. And I concur with the general consensus that thumb rings are silly (particularly on men).
[/quote]

Almost as bad as mandals

[quote name='elrey23' post='2048176' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:18 PM'][quote name='spookyfish' post='2047483' date='Nov 5 2009, 12:04 PM'][quote name='SeekonkHolen1' post='2047360' date='Nov 5 2009, 06:01 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2047329' date='Nov 5 2009, 11:47 AM'][quote name='MiGolf' post='2047021' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:08 AM'][quote name='elrey23' post='2047017' date='Nov 5 2009, 09:07 AM'][quote name='smithjohnjr' post='2046992' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:47 AM']A friend brought up an interesting point - if their data has been corrupted, how do they have some email addresses to send people notifications of why they are down?[/quote]

That's a good point. I haven't heard anyone else say they received an email from them but myself. I'm curious to know of the people who were members over there, who received an email?
[/quote]
I have not.
[/quote]

I have not.
[/quote]

I did get an email and I'm not an insider or anything like that.

Jorge
[/quote]Did it come from a bombsquadgolf.com email address or a googlemail address?

[/quote]
Mine came from Hossonmoss and it was a gmail address.
[/quote]

I'm an Insider, have been on BSG since 7/2006.

No email.

Like many others, I have long enjoyed accessing Golfwrx as a quality golf website but mostly read and haven't posted all that much over here. When BSG disappeared recently I dropped in over here to see if there was any scuttlebutt. I did a search for "BSG" and only came up with one thread and it had only one or two replies and was marked CLOSED. That kind of disappointed me but wasn't unexpected considering the historical longevity of such strings over at BSG ... BSG not exactly being known for tolerating or even acknowledging the existence of any other golf websites.

Then two days ago I came across this thread and it has taken a little while to digest it all. I think it says a lot about the owners and mods of Golfwrx that they have not only allowed this thread to continue but that they have been so generally neutral as it has evolved. This thread has been allowed to ebb and flow. Such a thread about Golfwrx would certainly not have been allowed to exist over at BSG unless it was very controlled, very negative, and it was known that Golfwrx was completely and irrevocably dead. Obviously, the future status of BSG is not known at present which again says a lot about the refreshingly open non-controlling culture here at Golfwrx.

It was long known to many that there was a fair amount of animosity on the net towards Todd & Co apparently from other's past experiences, but the overall nature and sheer volume of a lot of the info in this thread is probably a revelation to many people. Certainly it has long been obvious that the threat of banishment hung over every poster's head when writing over at BSG, especially if one had the audacity to mention Golfwrx, other golf websites, eBay sales, or anything negative about BSG or, heaven forbid, anything not recognizing the significantly curative powers of tour issued equipment.

While some BSG staff guys like D Town always appeared to be quality individuals, it was obvious that his departure was troubling in some way. It also became obvious that some of the BSG mods had increasingly become quite arrogant and controlling - that is - intrusive, all knowing, and very protective of the company line. When it became apparent that D Town and a number of other quality individuals appeared to be persona non grata at BSG, it increasingly became a kind of three tier website. First, there were those who simply wanted to talk about golf. Then there were those who worshiped at the Todd Tour Altar and who had the need to end every statement with some gratuitous comment that all golf equipment problems could be solved by a BSG custom fitting session, even telephonic fitting sessions were often touted as being virtually foolproof ... yeah, sure. Then there was the Insiders group which was kind of like a divisive festering wound - cliques are rarely beneficial to any entity. When more and more good guys start to disappear, one can only wonder what is really going on. Staff also come and go but shouldn't completely disappear, certainly not from a golf website.

The question remains as to whether or not BSG will arise from this current crisis. More importantly, will the possible "new" BSG become a more open and non-controlling non-paranoid environment or will it sink further into the abyss of misguided allegiance by many to the highly questionable premise of an all knowing and all powerful intolerant golf maestro with questionable credentials?

It will certainly be telling when we see whether or not those raising issues in this thread and similar threads on other sites become afflicted with the increasingly infamous BSG Banishment Syndrome.

Spoiler

Ai Smoke MAX 10.5  Velocore Red 6S 45" D3

Rogue ST MAX 5W,7W Velocore  Red 7S 

Srixon MKII ZX4-4 KBS Tour Lite 100 S, Srixon ZX5-5&6, ZX7 7-PW

MODUS 120 S +3/4, D3-D5

SM8 Raw 52 F-12, WW 56 V & 60 V

L.A.B. ZF3 35" 69* w/2* Pistol Grip

Scotty Circle T Red Dot 350g Newport 2 (A006794), Pro V1x, Miura Alt bag: 4-PW CB57’s & K Grinds 52,56,60,64 or Fun Bag MP-33 5-PW 

[quote name='mozart' post='2048001' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:32 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2047976' date='Nov 5 2009, 04:22 PM'][quote name='Kuboosh' post='2047961' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:18 PM']yes/no answer.

Is BSG dead?[/quote]

[/quote]

rebels68,my impression is that you feel the owners/administrators of BSG are being unfairly castigated.

If true,how would you explain the almost non-existence of tour equipment discussion over the last few months?Frankly,it seemed as though any new topic was just a discussion among 3 or 4 people(mostly administrators) which quickly died for lack of participants.

[/quote]

Just honestly answered kuboosh's question. Thought is was pretty accurate.

I've disagreed with Todd in the open forums a number of times. Did the same with Derek and Marcus.
They didn't ban me. I think maybe because I didn't argue with them or get emotional about a subject
had a lot to do with it. I always felt it was his website and he can do what he wants. Never really felt
compelled to tell him what he should be doing. If I had solid information about a particular subject that
disagreed with his, I mentioned it, but always with a sense of decency and not letting the discussion
escalate to a point of creating bad blood between the two of us. Was he condescending towards me??
At times, but nothing that would send me into a tizzy. I guess I have dealt with characters much worse
than Todd in business and a golf discussion website is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

On the other hand, he made efforts to acknowledge things that I did say that were truly accurate and
included me in some promotions when he didn't have to. One of them, I ended up with a free set of
irons. With Derek and Marcus it was easier to deal with them during disagreements because they both
had a great sense of humor and there wasn't any chance of things getting out of hand in a negative way.
For the most part all of them treated me with respect and I wasn't ripped off by any kind of equipment
deception. They always delivered an excellent product. Lucky I guess.

That said, those that have had bad experiences with Todd and the BSG staff can go ahead and vent their
frustrations, I'm not going to stand in their way or try to prove to them that they are wrong. You tell me
Mozart, should I just automatically write off Todd and BSG because there are people out there that hate
him?? Should I take their explanations and evidence and make it my own?? Maybe what I'll do is use it
as a template for the future so I can make sure I will at some point actually get to the truth without just
jumping on the hate bandwagon.

I seem to be a marked man on WRX, basically because I'm trying to be objective in spite of heavy criticism.
Not any easy thing to do. Of course, I surely don't have to subject myself to unwarranted ridicule, I can
just turn the channel. My instinct is to make compromises in an effort to reach an understanding that is
favorable to all parties concerned. I hope that can happen on here. I think I'm an easy target because
I haven't had a problem over at BSG and I haven't automatically sided with the BSG banned exile group.
I do believe I'm not alone. I've said before I do no condone any illegal business practices and if there
has been that kind of activity, then some sort of legal action should be taken.

No matter how honest or sincere a person is on these website forums, someone will highlight a portion
of a post and make it sound otherwise. It's just the mentality of the internet. I'm sure someone will try
to enlighten me that I'm not really trying to be objective about BSG, I'm just a lemming that does not
have the capacity to see the truth.

Almost as bad as mandals

Question: What's the difference between mandals and, say, Tevas (river sandals)?

teva.jpg

Same thing

Tevas are worn at the river and to protect your feet. A really old pair of tennis shoes that are thrown out at the end of the raft ride would be more "dudely".....Mandals....ah where to start... Todd wore Mandals to the Kia Ma studio meeting when that whole deal first went down. They were dark brown or black leather, looked like Dr. Martens. Like these...man I wish I saved that pic.

Dr-Martens-Fisherman-blk_m.jpg

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

Almost as bad as mandals

Question: What's the difference between mandals and, say, Tevas (river sandals)?

teva.jpg

Same thing

Tevas are worn at the river and to protect your feet. A really old pair of tennis shoes that are thrown out at the end of the raft ride would be more "dudely".....Mandals....ah where to start... Todd wore Mandals to the Kia Ma studio meeting when that whole deal first went down. They were dark brown or black leather, looked like Dr. Martens. Like these...man I wish I saved that pic.

Of course the were one-off prototypes that were handstitched! I mean do you think he would just go to Journey's to get those bad boys? The spandex flexed pic is priceless, anyone who posts a photo like that, regardless or what they've done, deserves some making fun of!

Almost as bad as mandals

teva.jpg

Same thing

Wasn't it mandals and a track suit? That is a picture I hope someone has because it would be priceless. Somehow I can't picture Ray Lewis wearing that outfit :lol:

Almost as bad as mandals

teva.jpg

Same thing

Of course the were one-off prototypes that were handstitched! I mean do you think he would just go to Journey's to get those bad boys? The spandex flexed pic is priceless, anyone who posts a photo like that, regardless or what they've done, deserves some making fun of!

Agreed. Anyone who takes a pic in that pose and then posts it deserves any heckling that comes there way. And then to black out the eyes. Why?

Well, even if they are out of style, I'm not giving up my Tevas in the summer when I'm hanging out in shorts and a T-shirt.

They've been with me canoeing, on multi-day river rafting trips, and at the base of Mt. Hood after a day of summer snowboarding. They are like friends. Occasionally stinky friends, but friends nonetheless.

PING G30 Driver/3w/2h
PING i20 4-U
PING Tour W 56/60
Cameron Select 2.5
PING Hoofer

[quote name='rebels68' post='2048312' date='Nov 5 2009, 07:27 PM'][quote name='mozart' post='2048001' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:32 PM'][quote name='rebels68' post='2047976' date='Nov 5 2009, 04:22 PM'][quote name='Kuboosh' post='2047961' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:18 PM']yes/no answer.

Is BSG dead?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[i]edited for space. For God's sake, man! What's with the formatting?[/i]

Just honestly answered kuboosh's question. Thought is was pretty accurate.

I've disagreed with Todd in the open forums a number of times. Did the same with Derek and Marcus. They didn't ban me. I think maybe because I didn't argue with them or get emotional about a subject had a lot to do with it. I always felt it was his website and he can do what he wants. Never really felt compelled to tell him what he should be doing. If I had solid information about a particular subject that disagreed with his, I mentioned it, but always with a sense of decency and not letting the discussion escalate to a point of creating bad blood between the two of us. Was he condescending towards me?? At times, but nothing that would send me into a tizzy. [b]I guess I have dealt with characters much worse than Todd in business and a golf discussion website is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.[/b]

On the other hand, he made efforts to acknowledge things that I did say that were truly accurate and included me in some promotions when he didn't have to. One of them, I ended up with a free set of irons. With Derek and Marcus it was easier to deal with them during disagreements because they both
had a great sense of humor and there wasn't any chance of things getting out of hand in a negative way. For the most part all of them treated me with respect and I wasn't ripped off by any kind of equipment deception. They always delivered an excellent product. Lucky I guess.

That said, those that have had bad experiences with Todd and the BSG staff can go ahead and vent their frustrations, I'm not going to stand in their way or try to prove to them that they are wrong. You tell me Mozart, should I just automatically write off Todd and BSG because there are people out there that hate him?? Should I take their explanations and evidence and make it my own?? Maybe what I'll do is use it as a template for the future so I can make sure I will at some point actually get to the truth without just jumping on the hate bandwagon.

I seem to be a marked man on WRX, basically because I'm trying to be objective in spite of heavy criticism. Not any easy thing to do. Of course, I surely don't have to subject myself to unwarranted ridicule, I can just turn the channel. My instinct is to make compromises in an effort to reach an understanding that is favorable to all parties concerned. I hope that can happen on here. I think I'm an easy target because I haven't had a problem over at BSG and I haven't automatically sided with the BSG banned exile group. I do believe I'm not alone. I've said before I do no condone any illegal business practices and if there has been that kind of activity, then some sort of legal action should be taken.

No matter how honest or sincere a person is on these website forums, someone will highlight a portion
of a post and make it sound otherwise. It's just the mentality of the internet. I'm sure someone will try
to enlighten me that I'm not really trying to be objective about BSG, I'm just a lemming that does not
have the capacity to see the truth.
[/quote]

I did highlight one portion that you have now mentioned in at least one other post. I would take issue with the concept that just because you've dealt with worse than Todd doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't a piece of work.

I'm also not going to argue with you being neutral if nothing has ever occurred to you on that site that was negative. Unfortunately, you seem quite ready to dismiss the negative things that have happened to others. If someone that you knew to be honest and upstanding had a problem with Todd, would you believe them, or would you dismiss them because YOU have never had an issue?

I didn't have an issue with them either for a while. He did screw up a head that I ordered, but attempted to make amends. Others have not been as lucky. As more people had issues and more people got banned, I started to see a pattern. Some people could be called cowboys and when they went out with a blaze of glory, they broke the site rules and got banned. But others did nothing and were banned too. Some people were banned for asking questions that Todd was uncomfortable answering.

But the other pattern was that Todd was never wrong and the banned people were always the problem. When you look at a thread like this, where people have legitimate issues despite your accusations to the contrary, you have to start asking whether he might be the problem. It's like the joke of the ex-girlfriends: What was the one thing in common with all of your failed relationships? You.

Feel free to defend, but expect to be countered and debated. But to attempt to nullify their issues is the sort of sad tactic that Todd would use.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft