Amateurs with Staff Bags...Yes or No?(merged)

I have multiple staff bags for the man cave. I also rotate one on and off for on course play (in a rickshaw). Great for cold weather and when you need some drinks on board

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9
ย 

ย 

Who gives a s***.......ITS A BAG! If someone wants to carry a "Staff" bag let them, it doesnt make them any less of a person and should not be looked down on for having a bag. People want a bigger bag to keep all kinds of stuff in while on the course, I see nothing wrong with it. ITS A BAG!!! A BAG!!!

You could not be ore RIGHT! People will jump quick to buy [b]" Tour spec equipment " [/b]but as soon as a Amateur golfer buys a staff bag...hes in the wrong! Great point on that one!
[quote name='skh' timestamp='1329573737' post='4315699']
Who cares in other sports people wear and buy all kinds of stuff jerseys baseball shirts whatever. If a person wants to have his favorite logo on a bag, what does it matter. Or maybe they just like that bag. Maybe we shouldn't use tour van equipment because we are not tour players. Who really cares. Play and enjoy!
[/quote]

I use a lightweight stand bag right now because its obviously easier to walk 18 with, but if I find a good deal on a staff bag I really like I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up, even if it only sat in my office or something...they just look awesome.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
Titleist 910F 19* Project X
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]

• 2 weeks later...

I'd think the vast majority on WRX probably use a bag with a manufacturer's name/logo emblazoned on both carry and cart bags. So obviously brand/logo is OK, therefor all we are really debating is size. Why would a larger bag mean anything other than it is a large bag, regardless of the owners ability to play the game ????

[quote name='dgs' timestamp='1330364059' post='4388389']
I'd think the vast majority on WRX probably use a bag with a manufacturer's name/logo emblazoned on both carry and cart bags. So obviously brand/logo is OK, therefor all we are really debating is size. Why would a larger bag mean anything other than it is a large bag, regardless of the owners ability to play the game ????
[/quote]

[b]WELL PUT SIR!!
[/b]

Who cares what kind of bag a guy is carrying his clubs in. Are people that insecure that you worry and get mad about some other guys bag?

PING G430 10k 9* Project X HZRDUS Hulk
PING G425ย 14.5* Tensei Orangeย 
PING G425ย 17* Tensei Orange
Titleist TSR Hybrids HZRDUS Silverย 
PING i210 Irons Project X LZ
Edel Wedges S400 / TaylorMade MyMG4 Wedges S400
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Robert Mark Headcovers
Jordan Golf Shoes
PING Hoofer

Right now I'm debating about buying the Tour Edge Exotics Staff bag, appears to be a good deal at BudgetGolf.com. When I can get the funds I'd like this one:
http://www.tourspecgolf.com/Titleist-Japan-2012-Casual-Caddy-Bag-CB241

or maybe go all out:
http://www.tourspecgolf.com/Titleist-2012-Classic-Caddy-Bag-CB220

[/quote]

Because if he uses a big staff bag, and furthermore has his name on it, and he is not a pro.....then he's a poser

Driver: Ping G25

4w & 7w: Ping G25

23ยฐ Hybrid: Ping G25

5i - pw: Mizuno MP64

54ยฐ & 58ยฐ: Cleveland RTX 4 raw

Putter: The Wilson 8802 (vintage model)

Ball:ย  Titleist Pro V1x
Bag: Original Jones Golf Bag (green)

So because the pros put their name on their bag and call it a "staff bag" its not right....BUT if the pros carried stand bags and an amateurs carried "staff bags" with their name on it....are they still posers? Yall are over looking that its a damn bag......so what. No one should be judged because of the bag they have, having a "staff bag" doesn't make the person carrying it any less of a person. It's the individuals choice to do as he/she pleases. Some people like bigger bags to fit all their crap in, they might travel to tournaments and its easier to use a BIGGER bag. Whoever is giving someone s*** for having a "staff bag" needs to check their selves real quick, because the same people who critisize people are the people making a bad name for golf cause I guarantee the people doing the critisizing are no better , if not worse player than the person carrying one.

[quote name='jmcdonald' timestamp='1330522200' post='4401533']
So because the pros put their name on their bag and call it a "staff bag" its not right....BUT if the pros carried stand bags and an amateurs carried "staff bags" with their name on it....are they still posers? Yall are over looking that its a damn bag......so what. No one should be judged because of the bag they have, having a "staff bag" doesn't make the person carrying it any less of a person. It's the individuals choice to do as he/she pleases. Some people like bigger bags to fit all their crap in, they might travel to tournaments and its easier to use a BIGGER bag. Whoever is giving someone s*** for having a "staff bag" needs to check their selves real quick, because the same people who critisize people are the people making a bad name for golf cause I guarantee the people doing the critisizing are no better , if not worse player than the person carrying one.
[/quote]

[quote name='Hit em good' timestamp='1330470293' post='4398025']

Because if he uses a big staff bag, and furthermore has his name on it, and he is not a pro.....then he's a poser
[/quote]

OK - where is it written that he is a "poser". Someone make that ruling???
It's just a damn bag, name on it or not.

Friend of mine has a Titleist bag, with his nickname embroidered on it, ordered it from Titleist. Does that make him a "poser" ?? It's a carry/stand bag, so is he still a "poser" for having a name embroidered???.

I've used a carry/stand bag all my life, most with manufacturer's logo and I've been playing this game for about 55 years. Now ........the old back says use a trolley or cart, so I'm buying a new bag, it will be a Staff sized bag, and for once I can carry all my $hit with me. Guess that will make me a "poser" in your book.

Oh, BTW, my friend with the bag - he's not a pro, but he plays to a +2, which is probably better than several club pro's and assistants.

Dear WRXers,

I am currently serving in the military and I am a PGTAA professional. When I get out I am going to attend the Golf Academy of America to further improve my golf resume. I, unfortunately do not have the spare time required to pursue PGA certification. I currently use an OGIO stand bag and have used multiple cart bags for my clicgear, but I always have problems with storage and my clubs getting all tangled up. My question to you is, do I have your permission to use a Staff bag? LOL.

[/quote]

[/quote]

There is one large benefit to the name on the bag. It is far less attractive to thieves. My name is on my Ben Hogan staff bag and it is rarely used.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Customย  SIM Max 7-wood,ย Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115ย 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115ย 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

I walk it 95 percent of the time, staff bags just aren't an option. The lighter the better.

[quote name='Zach Attack' timestamp='1303216080' post='3166888']Just what the title says...
[/quote]

Yamaha v202 Tour Diamana x 70
Yamaha V14 diamana stinger
RC 305V 18* diamana X 70
Yonex MB 3-P Nippon ORA
Zodia chiba masterpiece/spb
Epon Zen

[/quote]

[/quote]
No, he's a guy who likes a staff bag with his name on it, and until you start paying his bills it's not any of your business. It is no better or worse than any other bag - it carries clubs. Some people like something snazzy, some more utilitarian, some lighter etc.

As long as you are paying the bills use whatever works for you and screw anyone who has an issue with it.

[quote name='bucknutgolfer' timestamp='1330964311' post='4440381']
Dear WRXers,

I am currently serving in the military and I am a PGTAA professional. When I get out I am going to attend the Golf Academy of America to further improve my golf resume. I, unfortunately do not have the spare time required to pursue PGA certification. I currently use an OGIO stand bag and have used multiple cart bags for my clicgear, but I always have problems with storage and my clubs getting all tangled up. My question to you is, do I have your permission to use a Staff bag? LOL.
[/quote]

LOL

[quote name='bucknutgolfer' timestamp='1330964311' post='4440381']
. My question to you is, do I have your permission to use a Staff bag? LOL.
[/quote]

That's a heavy question right there. I'd suggest you start another thread with a Poll, wait until there are at least 6 pages of followup posts and arguments, then make your decision. :good::good:

:partytime2:

[quote name='HeadonaStick' timestamp='1330977718' post='4441989']
[/quote]

[/quote]
No, he's a guy who likes a staff bag with his name on it, and until you start paying his bills it's not any of your business. It is no better or worse than any other bag - it carries clubs. Some people like something snazzy, some more utilitarian, some lighter etc.

As long as you are paying the bills use whatever works for you and screw anyone who has an issue with it.
[/quote]

Hey guys, I didn't ask the question... I'm just answering it.
Full Size Staff Bag with Name Embroidered = Poser

No need to say to "screw" me, or faux cuss s***! or d***!
It's just a game to be enjoyed by us players and you posers alike.

Like I said, if you're not a pro, but you use the same club a pro uses are you a poser? If you can't make or aren't the tour shouldn't you just use game improvement equipment? Yes, just leave all the tour stuff to the REAL pros.
It just holds your clubs, it's a bag, get over it. Who cares which one you want to use. Get what makes you happy.

Doesnt matter to me what bag someone else uses. I wont use a staff bag though. I suck, lol and could only imagine peoples reactions if i was teeing off in front of them with a staff bag on the cart and hooked the ball right into the woods. I keep telling myself i wont even go get fitted for a set of clubs until i get better, although that would probably help me get better faster.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Rule13.1' timestamp='1324416422' post='3967405']
I have a very nice Titleist staff bag that sits around collects dust. I will accept any offers.
[/quote]

I just posted it in the BST forum if anyone is interested in a mint condition Titleist staff bag. I only used it on the course for two rounds in a tournament one weekend. Otherwise, like I said, it sits around my office with a few oddball clubs in it, collecting dust.

I find it kinda funny when people say its heavy...

I was just messing around the other night at PGA Superstore and picked up a Titleist Staff bag.... That thing was light as hell.. I felt like I wanted to throw it, it was that light.. I guess it just depends on how much stuff you are putting in it to detirmin how heavy it is.. To each there own though...