2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

New Wishon forged players' irons

Stretch

575MMC
From Tom:

"Today I just opened the box with the final final version of our brand new forged carbon steel irons with their fully CNC Milled Back and man, please excuse me for saying this, but if the new 575MMC irons are not the most gorgeous forging in the game, then put me out to pasture!  A fully transitional back design from long to short iron, thanks to new advances in using a CNC machining center to fully create the entire back design, every iron in the 575MMC changes in back design through the set.

No, the 575MMC do not replace the 560MC.  560MC is still the best game improvement forged carbon steel iron yet made and we have no plans to replace it – well we might have a little new cosmetic tweak planned for the 560MC for 2012, but that’s another story.

The 575MMC are designed for a low handicap golfer who realizes he cannot play a full muscleback set and wants some game improvement but not too much.  Seriously, I can’t wait to show the 575MMC – never ever before will you have seen a classic, compact blade length forging with looks like this!"

Liking the sound of this very much indeed! Due out in January. Golfwrx please lean on Wishon for a sneak peek!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Stretch' timestamp='1320471945' post='3761981']
From Tom:

"Today I just opened the box with the final final version of our brand new forged carbon steel irons with their fully CNC Milled Back and man, please excuse me for saying this, but if the new 575MMC irons are not the most gorgeous forging in the game, then put me out to pasture! A fully transitional back design from long to short iron, thanks to new advances in using a CNC machining center to fully create the entire back design, every iron in the 575MMC changes in back design through the set.

No, the 575MMC do not replace the 560MC. 560MC is still the best game improvement forged carbon steel iron yet made and we have no plans to replace it – well we might have a little new cosmetic tweak planned for the 560MC for 2012, but that's another story.

The 575MMC are designed for a low handicap golfer who realizes he cannot play a full muscleback set and wants some game improvement but not too much. Seriously, I can't wait to show the 575MMC – never ever before will you have seen a classic, compact blade length forging with looks like this!"

Liking the sound of this very much indeed! Due out in January. Golfwrx please lean on Wishon for a sneak peek!
[/quote]
Will this be available to Lefties as well???

Taylormade M1 10.5* with Diamana Whiteboard S 70g shaft
Titleist 917 D2 3 wood with a Diamana 70 5ct S shaft
Ping Anser 20* hybrid,
Ping Anser 23* hybrid,
Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW with KBS Tour 120 stiff shafts
50*, 54* & 60* Titleist SM6 wedges
Byron Morgan DH89 SS with Super Stroke 1.0 grip

[quote name='rblum22' timestamp='1320591659' post='3765961']
Out of curiosity - what would a set of Wishon irons cost? Assuming I went through the full fitting process and all.
[/quote]

It depends on which head. If you wanted the 555 series, great heads by the way, they would range from $485 to $700. This depends on what the set was comprised of, say 5-PW, the type of shafts and of course, grips. I threw Nippons and Iomic grips on mine which are not cheap. Wish I had not chosen the Nippons as I despise them.

If you have someone near you that carries them, give them a whirl. I honestly cannot tell the difference, in terms of feel, from my MP32s and the 555s. Both go through a five step forging process, have the same lofts and nearly identical is size.

Hope that helps.

TM R11 w Accra SC 75 M4
Nike Covert 2.0 3w w Accra Tour Z M4
Adams Grey Peanut 24* Aldila By You 80X
MP32 6-PW PX 6.0
Cobra Trust Rusty 56* and 60* S200 Shaft
DW Davis Custom Anser Style Putter

why the teasing... why?

I know! Kinda hoping that with a bit of luck we'll lure Tom in here to get some more info out of him.

fishing1.gif

Although if the "cosmetic tweak" to the 560s is replacing the medallion, then he'll need to have worked hard to make a better-looking CB, in my opinion.

Wishon_560MC2-500x400.png

My local fitter, who moved, was a long time Wishon account holder. He was sent these same heads but in a chocolate/patina type color. They were too nice to hit. Wish I had seen those before I purchased my 555s. Oh well.

TM R11 w Accra SC 75 M4
Nike Covert 2.0 3w w Accra Tour Z M4
Adams Grey Peanut 24* Aldila By You 80X
MP32 6-PW PX 6.0
Cobra Trust Rusty 56* and 60* S200 Shaft
DW Davis Custom Anser Style Putter

As intriguing as the new irons and wedges are, the new fully adjustable driver could be even more of a hit. Weight adjustability from 192-226g with what I would assume from his comments on the blog, will allow full signicant COG changability... and a hosel that can be bent 3* in any direction. Very nice

Could be a big year for Wishon

[quote name='golf_junkie27' timestamp='1320604407' post='3766615']
My local fitter, who moved, was a long time Wishon account holder. He was sent these same heads but in a chocolate/patina type color. They were too nice to hit. Wish I had seen those before I purchased my 555s. Oh well.
[/quote]
Those were a special limited edition. Only 150 sets in that finish, if I remember right.

Really the only thing to pick on with the 560s was the somewhat plasticky-looking insert in the cavity. Sounds like they may have figured that out for 2012.

Idly wondering if they'll keep the lofts and offset close enough that you could do a mixed set of 560s and 575s like you can with the 555 C/M.

why the teasing... why?

I know! Kinda hoping that with a bit of luck we'll lure Tom in here to get some more info out of him.

fishing1.gif

Although if the "cosmetic tweak" to the 560s is replacing the medallion, then he'll need to have worked hard to make a better-looking CB, in my opinion.

This looks really good. Is this the current 560MC. I've recently been on his site and the 560MC there does not look like this. Thanks.

[quote name='golf_junkie27' timestamp='1320604407' post='3766615']
[/quote]

Yeah, those were the limited edition 560's from a year or so ago, my fitter had a beautiful set as well. Came in a nice, custom wood box. Not sure if he kept them or sold them but they were top notch.

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

why the teasing... why?

fishing1.gif

This looks really good. Is this the current 560MC. I've recently been on his site and the 560MC there does not look like this. Thanks.

I just had a look at their site (which actually has finally been updated) and I'm almost positive that they're the same as above. The insert/medallion doesn't really show up much in the above pic which makes it look much better. The insert/medallion has really been the only cosmetic complaint of these irons, and it's a minor one at that.

Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

I just had a look at their site (which actually has finally been updated) and I'm almost positive that they're the same as above.

[/quote]

The preview information we released was from our latest BLOG post through our new website. Since the Blog is a new addition for us to the website, we're trying to build up a little more awareness for our blog so I decided to leak a little more specific information on what we've been working on all this year. Photos will come but we're still a little ways off from that because we typically like to wait until a little before the catalog is ready to mail.

I also want to respect the fact that GolfWrx is first and foremost a platform to share answers to golfers' questions about all aspects of equipment. We very much appreciate you started this thread based on having seen our latest Blog post but I do want to be sure not to abuse GolfWrx to be a platform for promoting our company and our designs. I'm happy to answer questions when they come up.

The new look of the 560MC irons is also not quite yet ready to be fully released in a photo so that will come in a little more time - as such the current version of the 560's is still the one in stock and shown in all of our web and catalog presentations.

All in all, I sincerely do thank you for the interest in what we try to do in our company.

TOM

[quote name='TomWishon' timestamp='1320684067' post='3770505']

I just had a look at their site (which actually has finally been updated) and I'm almost positive that they're the same as above.

[/quote]

The preview information we released was from our latest BLOG post through our new website. Since the Blog is a new addition for us to the website, we're trying to build up a little more awareness for our blog so I decided to leak a little more specific information on what we've been working on all this year. Photos will come but we're still a little ways off from that because we typically like to wait until a little before the catalog is ready to mail.

I also want to respect the fact that GolfWrx is first and foremost a platform to share answers to golfers' questions about all aspects of equipment. We very much appreciate you started this thread based on having seen our latest Blog post but I do want to be sure not to abuse GolfWrx to be a platform for promoting our company and our designs. I'm happy to answer questions when they come up.

The new look of the 560MC irons is also not quite yet ready to be fully released in a photo so that will come in a little more time - as such the current version of the 560's is still the one in stock and shown in all of our web and catalog presentations.

All in all, I sincerely do thank you for the interest in what we try to do in our company.

TOM
[/quote]

Thanks Tom!!

Cobra Aerojet LS Ventus Black 7

Srixon ZX 3w GD AD TP 7

Rogue 5w HZRDUS 

Vsteel 7w OG Kai'li 80
Srixon 785 5-9 PX LZ, 

Cleveland RTX4 PW PX 
SM8 56* PX
Scratch STI 60* S400
default_odyssey-small.jpg.2662364f2ba2433dc522f3b85be695f1.jpg LE PT 10 

Tom's presence on these forums makes me want to get a set of Wishon clubs... I'm assuming they are as well crafted as his posts, so I think they will be a good investment.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

I am going for a fitting in the spring and unless it goes really badly I expect to order some of Tom's irons.

Driver: Wishon 919thi 11* w/AXE 6 stiff
FW: Wishon 949mc 16.5* w/AXE FW Stiff
3-4 Hybrids: Wishon 775hs w/ S2S White Stiff
Irons: Miura CB-1008 w/Nippon Modus 105 S
Putter: Ping Ketsch Heavy 34" 2 degrees flat
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0

[quote name='Myherobobhope' timestamp='1320787313' post='3776219']
Tom's presence on these forums makes me want to get a set of Wishon clubs... [b]I'm assuming they are as well crafted as his posts[/b], so I think they will be a good investment.

[/quote]

IF HE TIPED LIKE THZ U WOULD B SKETPITCAL OF HIS CLUBS?

Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

Ha. His contractions all look like this: would;t or couldn;t vs wouldn't or couldn't.

I'm not buying anything from him that's made solely with the pinkie finger of his right hand. rolleyes.gif

Other than that ... he's brilliant. I first met him 25 years ago and have followed his rise to the top with envy and admiration.

Tom's presence on these forums makes me want to get a set of Wishon clubs... I'm assuming they are as well crafted as his posts, so I think they will be a good investment.

IF HE TIPED LIKE THZ U WOULD B SKETPITCAL OF HIS CLUBS?

Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play competitive golf.

[quote name='Stretch' timestamp='1320606632' post='3766711']

Idly wondering if they'll keep the lofts and offset close enough that you could do a mixed set of 560s and 575s like you can with the 555 C/M.
[/quote]

I would assume that's almost a for sure thing. The 560's already have very low offset and the odds are very low of him releasing a more "compact" players forging that has increased offset

[quote name='Cwebb' timestamp='1320855092' post='3779067']

I would assume that's almost a for sure thing. The 560's already have very low offset and the odds are very low of him releasing a more "compact" players forging that has increased offset
[/quote]

Offset on the new 575MMC is 2mm straight through the set from 3 to AW, not progressive. Main design element that makes the 575MMC not as forgiving as the 5560MC and more of a lower handicapper's set is the shorter blade length. Whenever you reduce blade length you automatically bring the MOI down.

But this being our 4th forged carbon steel iron set, all this was by intent because with our 4 forgings we can run the gamut in game improvement from most to least in order - 560MC then 555C, then 575MMC and then the all blade 555M.

TOM