United SBB1 Tour Blade

used balls

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice setup.

I was not hitting my Uniteds very well at all when I first got them. I was hitting them out on the toe.

So, I bent them to the same specs as my Titleist AP2s that I was fit for 3 years ago. What a difference. I have finally found the sweet spot and am enjoying these so much more. I did the same thing with the Vega wedges.

For me, I found that the irons played a little flat and I needed them to be at least 1 degree up.

YMMV.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5 w/Evenflow Riptide CB X-Stiff 
Cobra F8+ 14.5* Rouge Silver X-Stiff

Cobra F8+ 18* Rouge Silver X-Stiff
Srxion 4-6 ZX5 irons, ZX7 7-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50, 54, 58 x/PX LZ 6.0
Sik Flo or Sik DW or Edel or SGC Norwood 

Here are mine. Absolutely love them.

Nice looking set up. What's hiding under that Betti putter cover?

This bad boy..

7f0e379443fffe56f06d772d8809d333.jpg

Thought that looked familiar. Nice taste in putters. I recently acquired one myself. I have only putted on the carpet at home, but the feel off the Betti is impressive. I recently got a DJ spider and have a Ping Ketsch from last year.

I tend to think i need the forgiveness of the DJ and Ping, over the Betti. The pro's are all playing large mallets so i have trouble believing a hacker like me should play the Betti. But the Betti feels fantastic and looks incredible, fairly accurate for what it is. Just thought i would ask your thoughts. Thanks.

This bad boy..

Thought that looked familiar. Nice taste in putters. I recently acquired one myself. I have only putted on the carpet at home, but the feel off the Betti is impressive. I recently got a DJ spider and have a Ping Ketsch from last year.

I tend to think i need the forgiveness of the DJ and Ping, over the Betti. The pro's are all playing large mallets so i have trouble believing a hacker like me should play the Betti. But the Betti feels fantastic and looks incredible, fairly accurate for what it is. Just thought i would ask your thoughts. Thanks.

I honestly bought the Betti because it looks so good. But I've noticed that my putting has really improved from outside 5 feet because it really forces you to trust the feel more than mechanics. The shorter putts have been tougher because of the lack alignment aid but I'm getting there. Just need to spend more time on the greens.

It's kind of like the Untied irons, I bought them primarily because of the looks but have found they are much more than that and they ended up beating out my callaway apex irons.

This bad boy..

I honestly bought the Betti because it looks so good. But I've noticed that my putting has really improved from outside 5 feet because it really forces you to trust the feel more than mechanics. The shorter putts have been tougher because of the lack alignment aid but I'm getting there. Just need to spend more time on the greens.

It's kind of like the Untied irons, I bought them primarily because of the looks but have found they are much more than that and they ended up beating out my callaway apex irons.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of adding an alignment aid. Some 8802 putters have lines or dots. The heaviness of the putter was good for long puts but i also had trouble with short putts. {carpet practise only lol }

How did u come across the United irons ?

Stopped into the The Golf Mechanic's shop today and was blown away by a gorgeous set of UNITED SBB1 Tour Blades. Matt said they were the best looking set of blades at the PGA Merchandise show. I was curious to see how they felt he had a 6 iron shafted with a MODUS 120 TX shaft I had to try it. Took it out to the range for a demo. WOW!!!! is an understatement of how good these felt and how amazing they look at address, not to mention how stunning the backs looked CNC milled from s25c with a gun metal finish. I was SOLD he's building me 4-PW tomorrow can't wait to game them. The SBB1 Tours are JAPAN forged I believe the rest of the line is forged in China, a great line from driver to wedge. I posted a link to UNITED's site below...

http://www.united-go.../sbb1_tour.html

I'm a huge fan of United's equipment. It's designed the UK and made by Vega in Japan. They use only the best materials and components and if it wasn't for the fact that there are so many posers in the game who wouldn't dream of having anything other than a name brand in their bags I'm convinced their stuff would be much more appreciated. I play the PBD1 driver and at the age of 56 I've started hitting the ball 25-30 yards further. I used to play off 2 as a boy and I thought my best days were behind me but since switching to the PBD1 I've come down from 8.4 to 5.3. So impressed with their stuff am I that I've just splashed out on a set of their SBC2 irons - a sleek looking cavity back with a blade look at address. They're due to arrive tomorrow - can't wait to get them on the course!

Stopped into the The Golf Mechanic's shop today and was blown away by a gorgeous set of UNITED SBB1 Tour Blades. Matt said they were the best looking set of blades at the PGA Merchandise show. I was curious to see how they felt he had a 6 iron shafted with a MODUS 120 TX shaft I had to try it. Took it out to the range for a demo. WOW!!!! is an understatement of how good these felt and how amazing they look at address, not to mention how stunning the backs looked CNC milled from s25c with a gun metal finish. I was SOLD he's building me 4-PW tomorrow can't wait to game them. The SBB1 Tours are JAPAN forged I believe the rest of the line is forged in China, a great line from driver to wedge. I posted a link to UNITED's site below...

http://www.united-go.../sbb1_tour.html

I'm a huge fan of United's equipment. It's designed the UK and made by Vega in Japan. They use only the best materials and components and if it wasn't for the fact that there are so many posers in the game who wouldn't dream of having anything other than a name brand in their bags I'm convinced their stuff would be much more appreciated. I play the PBD1 driver and at the age of 56 I've started hitting the ball 25-30 yards further. I used to play off 2 as a boy and I thought my best days were behind me but since switching to the PBD1 I've come down from 8.4 to 5.3. So impressed with their stuff am I that I've just splashed out on a set of their SBC2 irons - a sleek looking cavity back with a blade look at address. They're due to arrive tomorrow - can't wait to get them on the course!

Post a pic when they come in!

Here is my setup.

The irons have the Shimada Tour mid shafts. I didn't think I would like the shafts, but I am hitting them a little further then my APs with Steelfibers.

^^^^^^^ I like them a lot. I love the raw finish in particular.

However, I'm still getting used to the straight edge of the vw-02. I think I prefer the more rounded leading edge that is on my 50 degree.

But overall, I've been really pleased. They don't tear the cover up on the balls. They put ample spin on the ball. I can hit low runners or high soft pitches with them. All in all, I really like them.

I will definitely buy more in the future. The feel remind me of my Mizuno T5s. I have never been a Vokey fan, so these fit the bill nicely.

Does anybody know the stock specs on the sbb1 3 to pw? Thx

[size=3]Dr[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]iver: M2 Fubuki J 70x OR EPIC SZ with Handcrafted Black[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]3 wood: Stage 2 Kuro Kage aftermarket 80X[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Irons: Miura 1957 Baby Blades 3-PW Modus 125x[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wedge: 50, 56, 60 Scratch STI Modus 125[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: Betti Studio Stock 14 blacked out[/font][/size]

I could not find the specs either.

My other clubs are 714 APs that I was fit for so I decided to match my Uniteds to these specs.

I was hitting them a little off the toe when I first got them so I bent them a little upright. My set was at least 1 degree flat when compared to the stock 714 AP2s.

I play my irons 2 degrees up and had to make a ton of adjustments.

The lofts were pretty close though. I did not have to make a lot of adjustments in regards to that.

Here is the link of the AP2s that I worked off of: https://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/b/tourblog/archive/2013/09/03/titleist-introduces-new-ap1-and-ap2-irons

If you scroll down the page, you will see the specs.

My SBB1 Tour (the black irons that have less offset than the satin ones) have just won their place in my bag for the 2017 season. I hit all the current US blades and most players CBs as well as my set of Seven X Shinagawa MB irons, and the SBB1 Tours flat out beat everything in terms of feel and performance.

The only irons that may have a chance against these is the new Callaway Apex MBs if/when they ever get released to retail!

Amazing set of irons!!

I have the satin and the black. Both are top notch.

[size=3]Dr[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]iver: M2 Fubuki J 70x OR EPIC SZ with Handcrafted Black[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]3 wood: Stage 2 Kuro Kage aftermarket 80X[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Irons: Miura 1957 Baby Blades 3-PW Modus 125x[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wedge: 50, 56, 60 Scratch STI Modus 125[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Putter: Betti Studio Stock 14 blacked out[/font][/size]

My other clubs are 714 APs that I was fit for so I decided to match my Uniteds to these specs.

I was hitting them a little off the toe when I first got them so I bent them a little upright. My set was at least 1 degree flat when compared to the stock 714 AP2s.

The lofts were pretty close though. I did not have to make a lot of adjustments in regards to that.

Here is the link of the AP2s that I worked off of: https://www.titleist...1-and-ap2-irons

These are not yours?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mint-UNITED-SBB1-UK-DESIGN-FORGED-IRONS-3-PW-w-Shimada-Pro-STIFF-Steel-/332189796912?hash=item4d580e0a30

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Here is the link of the AP2s that I worked off of: https://www.titleist...1-and-ap2-irons

These are not yours?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mint-UNITED-SBB1-UK-DESIGN-FORGED-IRONS-3-PW-w-Shimada-Pro-STIFF-Steel-/332189796912?hash=item4d580e0a30

???

Nope.

I have the Shimada Tour Mid stiff shafts.

I put Lamkin utx midsize grips on mine and love them even more. I built up the bottom hand and they are perfect.

I live in Florida. That seller is in Arizona.

These are not yours?

???

Nope.

I have the Shimada Tour Mid stiff shafts.

I put Lamkin utx midsize grips on mine and love them even more. I built up the bottom hand and they are perfect.

I live in Florida. That seller is in Arizona.

That seller buys clubs as well. And I thought your posts were a bit "fresh" for them to be yours. Nice looking blades.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• 1 month later...

I'm in full swing with these irons right now. I'm on summer break and can finally work on my game. The more I play them, the more I like them.

I don't think my AP2s will ever see the light of day again.

Is anyone else still playing these?

Btw, I tried out the United 4 hybrid to try to replace the 4 iron--no dice. I just did not like it at all.

Just curious to see if anyone still likes these.

Thanks.

These are not yours?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4d580e0a30

WOW !!! That seller got $659 for his set ??? My brand new unhit set was unsold at $175

• 2 years later...

I am considering getting a set of SBB - does anyone know the loft specification of the irons.

+ Does anyone know how they compare to VEGA VM-01 (think same parent company) as have tried 6 iron Vega and really like but have not found suitable 2nd hand set with right type of shaft.

The SSB I have seen are a lot cheaper (seem to have been discontinued) and the shimeda s-lite shafts although stiff rather than regular should be ok for me.

My local United rep said their irons are Taiwan forged and not Kyoei. I actually asked specifically if they are Kyoei forged.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon