2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Scratchswingers WITB

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1381468936' post='7985489']
[quote name='jlevitt9' timestamp='1381377951' post='7979435']
F and FD woods are sexy but they just don't fly like RBZ or X Hot.

The red light at Laguna Altura costs me 3 minutes on my commute, easy....
[/quote]

Ruthless! I agree that the X Hot and Stage 2 are both hotter off the face. I am holding out for some of the newer stuff to come out.
[/quote]

Nothing compares to the look of a titleist wood, but, I heard rumblings of a company offering a free pomeranian with purchase. May have to check that out...

[color=#000000]Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x[/color]
[color=#000000]Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
Cameron Select NP2[/color]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/533027-jlevitt9s-witb-set-for-2013-possibly/"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have owned or own all of these except the X-hot, which I only hit in the simulator. For me, the TEE XCG6 is the best off the tee, with the F.d a close second. The F.d is better off the deck though and the F.d looks the best of the bunch hands down. I found the RBZ Stage 2 to be the most erratic club I've ever owned. Amazing, then terrible, then ok, then etc... I gave a it to a kid headed off to play college golf and he loves it. He bombs it! To each his own.

I now have the fairway wood *for me*, the Ping K15. Sure, it's made for old men, it's big, and it's old tech, but I'm ok with that. I'm 40+!? The thing is just automatic and VERY workable. The face is hot enough, though I have no earthly idea how it might compare to the new faces on the newer high COR woods. As far as size, it is like 199cc or something, but it's more horizontal than vertical and is freakishly forgiving. I only wish it had about 1-1.5* less loft because it is 16*, which is more like a 4 wood. It never spins up or balloons, but just has too much loft I think. I'm considering have it bent, if you can do such a thing.

The fairway wood has been a tough spot for me and I've hit some amazing shots with this thing (for me). I don't see it leaving the bag any time soon. The F.d is a keeper though, and I take it with me when I know I'll have more 3-wood tee shots. It rules off the tee and is nice off the turf too.

Anyway, I'm not afraid to go backwards (in time) to go forward (in my game).

Hey, NO soapbox here, just sharing my fairway wood saga! ;) You guys are far better golfers than I am!!!

[quote name='jlevitt9' timestamp='1381470628' post='7985541']
[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1381468936' post='7985489']
[quote name='jlevitt9' timestamp='1381377951' post='7979435']
F and FD woods are sexy but they just don't fly like RBZ or X Hot.

The red light at Laguna Altura costs me 3 minutes on my commute, easy....
[/quote]

Ruthless! I agree that the X Hot and Stage 2 are both hotter off the face. I am holding out for some of the newer stuff to come out.
[/quote]

Nothing compares to the look of a titleist wood, but, I heard rumblings of a company offering a free pomeranian with purchase. May have to check that out...
[/quote]

I am interested in that... Details? I can always use fresh targets for my new Sig,

[quote name='tyro' timestamp='1381503926' post='7986835']
I have owned or own all of these except the X-hot, which I only hit in the simulator. For me, the TEE XCG6 is the best off the tee, with the F.d a close second. The F.d is better off the deck though and the F.d looks the best of the bunch hands down. I found the RBZ Stage 2 to be the most erratic club I've ever owned. Amazing, then terrible, then ok, then etc... I gave a it to a kid headed off to play college golf and he loves it. He bombs it! To each his own.

I now have the fairway wood *for me*, the Ping K15. Sure, it's made for old men, it's big, and it's old tech, but I'm ok with that. I'm 40+!? The thing is just automatic and VERY workable. The face is hot enough, though I have no earthly idea how it might compare to the new faces on the newer high COR woods. As far as size, it is like 199cc or something, but it's more horizontal than vertical and is freakishly forgiving. I only wish it had about 1-1.5* less loft because it is 16*, which is more like a 4 wood. It never spins up or balloons, but just has too much loft I think. I'm considering have it bent, if you can do such a thing.

The fairway wood has been a tough spot for me and I've hit some amazing shots with this thing (for me). I don't see it leaving the bag any time soon. The F.d is a keeper though, and I take it with me when I know I'll have more 3-wood tee shots. It rules off the tee and is nice off the turf too.

Hey, NO soapbox here, just sharing my fairway wood saga! ;) You guys are far better golfers than I am!!!
[/quote]

Just goes to show that you never really know what is going to work best until you test on the range and the course. The FD is very consistent of the tee and feels really good. My biggest gripe is that it does not stay in the air a long time off the deck, because of that it is not as versatile as some other higher cor/launch 3 woods.

The 913Fd is the best fairway I've ever tried and if I don't get it there, it's my fault.

[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][url="https://www.usna.edu/homepage.php"]Go Navy![/url]

[b][u]WITB[/u][/b]
Titleist 915 D4 8.5 Oban V430 6.5 75g
Titleist 915 F2 15 Rogue Silver 80S
Titleist VG3 18.5 JDM PX 6.0
Titleist 680 raw 4-PW Nippon MODUS 125S
Titleist TVD raw C-C 53 and Indigo SM5 58 DGTI
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 340g 35"
Scotty Cameron MilSpec Gen2 330g 35"[/font][/size]

8.2x is too stiff for him off the turf.. my thoughts, but perfect for him off the tee.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1381550611' post='7990485']
[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1381509420' post='7987387']
[quote name='tyro' timestamp='1381503926' post='7986835']

[/quote]

Just goes to show that you never really know what is going to work best until you test on the range and the course. The FD is very consistent of the tee and feels really good. My biggest gripe is that it does not stay in the air a long time off the deck, because of that it is not as versatile as some other higher cor/launch 3 woods.
[/quote]

I've seen you post that several times... what do you mean when you say that? Just that it doesn't have enough ball speed? How far can you make your F-d fly? You playing it at 43" with the Tour Spec 8.2 X? What's your ball speed with it? Also... how far do you want it to fly? How much more ball speed do you want? Is 3 wood a priority from the ground? I totally agree it's not the absolute longest 3 wood out there but I don't think its a slouch either... I actually hit mine really well from the ground. I should grab a Stage 2 demo, X-Hot Pro demo and then my 913F-d and see how close ball speed truly is when I'm swinging well.
[/quote]

150 +/- BS, 240 +/- carry 9* +/- launch

Off the tee I am fine with it as it normally rolls out plenty far. I think the biggest difference off the deck between the FD and other 3 woods is that I hit them higher and with everything else equal it will carry further. A running 3 wood off the deck is not very useful on So Cal newer courses that are generally cut through canyons and have forced carries on many par 5's. To be honest there are not a lot of par 5's that I will even attempt to hit 3 wood into. But when I do have to hit it, I want to know that it will get high enough to carry.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this.. trying to get you 130k more views in the WITB group chat contest. Another strategy would be to take your 3 iron out, put it back in, take it out and update each step with pics.

What does your current bag look like?? I know you've have some changes currently and even bigger ones looming :butcher:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1384797841' post='8167266']
Bumping this.. trying to get you 130k more views in the WITB group chat contest. Another strategy would be to take your 3 iron out, put it back in, take it out and update each step with pics.

What does your current bag look like?? I know you've have some changes currently and even bigger ones looming :butcher:
[/quote]

Too many moving parts right now to update this thing. Plus the WITB threads these days remind me more of AOL Chat rooms in 2001 than actual discussions of what works, what doesn't, and what can help us play better golf. I think I might be better off to shut this thing down entirely as I obviously have the wrong idea.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1384831107' post='8170340']

[/quote]

Too many moving parts right now to update this thing. Plus the WITB threads these days remind me more of AOL Chat rooms in 2001 than actual discussions of what works, what doesn't, and what can help us play better golf. I think I might be better off to shut this thing down entirely as I obviously have the wrong idea.
[/quote]

You and me both :russian_roulette:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1384831107' post='8170340']

[/quote]

[/quote]

These threads are what you make of them, I much prefer asking questions in here over a PM that nobody else ever gets the benefit of reading. You and JW boys? You've been taking some shots at him the last few days and now his is closed, disappointing. Of course your probably friends and its just good natured ribbing and I'm reading too much into it.

Any hints on new changes? I've got 8-10 things to review and more changes coming in mine, needed to get enough course time in with it first.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New driver, irons, putter and some photos from Kapalua.

I am getting a full bag fitting very soon at the Kingdom, so a major overhaul is imminent.

Fourteen irons and D3/Oban White have all been very impressive so far.

[attachment=1989877:DSC03678.JPG][attachment=1989875:DSC03679.JPG][attachment=1989879:DSC03682.JPG][attachment=1989881:DSC03684.JPG][attachment=1989883:photo 3.jpg]

[attachment=1989871:photo 1.JPG]
[attachment=1989873:photo 2.JPG]

Great shots
Always loved that Cameron too
Full Kingdom fitting sounds incredible man

Some day id like to do the same
OEM wouldnt matter, everything is so good these days, but just to be fit and have proper gear would be sweet
Keep us in the loop when ur done there
Any idea of what u "might" walk out with?

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Nice pictures! Must be nice, some of us actually have to work :tongue:

I'm glad for you that TM has a legitimate line for you to choose from for your Kingdom fitting. Part of me wishes you had this fitting last year so that I could read your write up ;)

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='tyro' timestamp='1387381262' post='8317911']
Awesome bag Scratch! I like it as is, but after your TM fitting you will have one heck of a backup bag!
[/quote]

Exactly... the TM irons will make solid backups lol! The SLDR's will be instant winners though.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1387380680' post='8317863']
Nice pictures! Must be nice, some of us actually have to work :tongue:

I'm glad for you that TM has a legitimate line for you to choose from for your Kingdom fitting. Part of me wishes you had this fitting last year so that I could read your write up ;)
[/quote]

That's the best part of Maui, you can work and post on WRX from the beach.

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1387370768' post='8317207']
Great shots

OEM wouldnt matter, everything is so good these days, but just to be fit and have proper gear would be sweet
[/quote]

I'm going with a pretty open mind, from what I have read the JetSpeed driver will launch and spin too much. So probably a SLDR driver, not sure on the fairways/hybrids. I'm thinking that I am going to try a 5 wood. The more that I hit the HD, the more I like it. Irons I am leaning towards MC long irons and MB shorts irons, just concerned with going from cast to forged, but I want to see how the speed slot works for the long irons. No clue on the putter.

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1387389564' post='8318717']
You're going all tmag?
[/quote]

I am getting fit for the entire bag and getting all the clubs. I won a random contest to be fit at the Kingdom, so I have no commitments to play any of it. Well see what works (stays), need a new three wood for sure. Everything else in the bag I am fairly happy with. It will be interesting to see how the SLDR stacks up against the D3/Oban white. I have never hit this setup in Trackman, but it works really well on the course and the flight fits my eye really good.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1387385872' post='8318331']
[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1387370768' post='8317207']
Great shots

[/quote]

I'm going with a pretty open mind, from what I have read the JetSpeed driver will launch and spin too much. So probably a SLDR driver, not sure on the fairways/hybrids. I'm thinking that I am going to try a 5 wood. The more that I hit the HD, the more I like it. Irons I am leaning towards MC long irons and MB shorts irons, just concerned with going from cast to forged, but I want to see how the speed slot works for the long irons. No clue on the putter.
[/quote]

Congratulations, you will enjoy the experience. I didn't hit the MC or MB for very long, I knew pretty quick I would struggle with them. Most of the guys thought it was a smooth transition, cast to forged. PM Zach, he hit them pretty well. He could shed some light on that.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Nice pics, where else are you playing on Maui?

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[quote name='KPH808' timestamp='1387405629' post='8320121']
Nice pics, where else are you playing on Maui?
[/quote]

I played the Plantation twice, I have played all the premier courses on the island and now whenever I return I chose to play the Plantation. I have not made it to Lanai but I hope to early next year. Sunday the Plantation had very little wind and it plays totally different in those conditions, overall I think it was easier. Yesterday was cart path only because of the tournament coming up, one of the guys that played with me was probably a 20 handicap and it made for a very long round. The other guys son played college golf at Texas AM, he was 65, played the tips with me and he shot 82. I was very impressed with some of the shots that he hit around the greens.

This has been the highlight of the trip, we watched it for over 20 minutes. Sorry for posting in a WITB thread as it has zero to do with golf.

[attachment=1990457:image.jpg]

Sweet! The only Plantation near me is Soup Plantation :)

You should definitely start a thread about your non-WRX Kingdom fitting, for many reasons.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ