2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2013 Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme Driver: Pics & Tech Specs

GolfWRX

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I couldn't wait any longer and grabbed a handful of crappy balls, went out to my backyard (I live on a golf course) and started bombing them away. This thing is amazing and it wants to just go straight. I fight a cut shot with the Cobra/Kiyoshi White combo but that is all but gone - just flat bombs. Hard to tell the distance compared to my current gamer (Didn't want to walk to the tee box in my jeans and risk someone seeing me) so we'll have to wait until the weekend as it's supposed to clear up here soon, been raining for 2+ days and cold as ice. I'll report back with a comparison from the tee box this weekend. SO DAMN EXCITED!

[quote name='markjinc' timestamp='1365538269' post='6795055']
So I couldn't wait any longer and grabbed a handful of crappy balls, went out to my backyard (I live on a golf course) and started bombing them away. This thing is amazing and it wants to just go straight. I fight a cut shot with the Cobra/Kiyoshi White combo but that is all but gone - just flat bombs. Hard to tell the distance compared to my current gamer (Didn't want to walk to the tee box in my jeans and risk someone seeing me) so we'll have to wait until the weekend as it's supposed to clear up here soon, been raining for 2+ days and cold as ice. I'll report back with a comparison from the tee box this weekend. SO DAMN EXCITED!
[/quote]

Near Chicago, where about?

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1365538751' post='6795143']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hawthorn Woods

[quote name='markjinc' timestamp='1365540911' post='6795427']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hawthorn Woods
[/quote]
Right on, I'm over near the Elgin area, but a few of my friends have memberships out at Bull Valley so I play there quite a bit.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1365544060' post='6795729']
[quote name='markjinc' timestamp='1365540911' post='6795427']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hawthorn Woods
[/quote]
Right on, I'm over near the Elgin area, but a few of my friends have memberships out at Bull Valley so I play there quite a bit.
[/quote]
I used to belong there until I moved. Great golf course. I love the back 9.

[quote name='xThor' timestamp='1365527646' post='6793761']
[quote name='nuthin but a hacker' timestamp='1365512700' post='6791803']
[quote name='xThor' timestamp='1365510015' post='6791567']
[quote name='nuthin but a hacker' timestamp='1365506271' post='6791337']
For those of you who ordered the uDesign, how long after your order was placed did it take to get your club?
[/quote]

I did black/white , took about 3 weeks. And I LOVE IT!
[/quote]

So you ordered one and won another? You're gonna have a nice collection of Callaway drivers!
[/quote]

haha yeah! I had fun designing the one for the contest, and honestly didnt think I would win, so I went and hit on at a demo and ordered it! In all seriousness the one I won will be going to my father as he is recovering from a quadruple bypass. Just bought a V2 senior flex shaft off the bst, and will get a cally tip on there and have it waiting for him in a couple months when he can get back out on the course.
[/quote]

Yeah I remember you saying that now. That's gonna be a really cool gift for him. Hope he's doing well now.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

I just ordered a 10.5 with Matrix 7M3 stiff from Dicks. I hit it much better then the Trinity shaft so we will see. Looks like an old traditional style head but feel is nice & the ball just seems to explode of the face with a soft draw. This will be my back-up driver but I did let go of a 913 D2 9.5 as I just wasn't as consistent with it as I thought I should be or am with my Nike Tour Covert. It's been a long time since I last had a Callaway driver so I sure hope this turns out good.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

[quote name='govols' timestamp='1365547152' post='6796045']
Can you order just the udesign head?
[/quote]

Nope. At least, not through any normal channels. If you know some people who know some people who robbed some people...then you might be in luck.

[quote name='markjinc' timestamp='1365551678' post='6796503']
[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1365544060' post='6795729']
[/quote]
I used to belong there until I moved. Great golf course. I love the back 9.
[/quote]

I like the course quite a bit too. Tough, that's for sure. It's like the first 3 holes or so are there to give you a bit of a warm up, then it's like an onslaught over the next 15. 15-18 are some pretty solid holes to finish it up. The house behind the #1 green is absolutely unreal. Beautiful place.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

I have a question for all of you razr fit guys. What happens to the face angle/loft if you dont line up the two small white lines with the hozel? I actually like it in the open setting on the hozel but the shaft twisted a little right....for some reason it suits my eye better than when the two dots line up....anyone ever experimented with this?

My love the xtreme will never cease but I have moved it on as I found something lower spinning and just as accurate (Mizuno mp 650)

I ended up trying 3 or 4 shafts and couldnt quite get it to go where I wanted it to go so it's going

and this is in no way a criticism of the razr fit xtreme - its a beauty and good luck to those playing it

If you break up with one girl because another looks better, that doesn't mean the first girl is ugly, just means the second is better looking than the first.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

Was nervous about purple, but it's a really deep purple that under overcast looks black, and only in bright sunlight does it become a noticable purple.

Loving it with the Kiyoshi Black. Was going to put my 6.3 Tour Spec speeder in it, but not even going to bother this combo just seems right.

Plays so similarly to my covert tour with di6 combo, it's crazy to see two totally different takes on tech yield so similar results in terms of performance.

rfe.jpg

M3 440 IZ-6
M3 15 IZ-7
P790
Handground Vokeys
009M custom

got my 9.5 w Tour SPX 6 Black yesterday
looks awesome, Ill get a pic up later
also ordered it w a TA (or dual cog) sleeve ... got a sweet connection :ninja:

now if the 900ft of snow would melt, I could try it out ....

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Was nervous about purple, but it's a really deep purple that under overcast looks black, and only in bright sunlight does it become a noticable purple.

Loving it with the Kiyoshi Black. Was going to put my 6.3 Tour Spec speeder in it, but not even going to bother this combo just seems right.

Plays so similarly to my covert tour with di6 combo, it's crazy to see two totally different takes on tech yield so similar results in terms of performance.

rfe.jpg

I have a kiyoshi black in mine too :good:

[quote name='bvmagic' timestamp='1365996353' post='6845721']
Pics of the Blue crown/ white sole Xtreme I won from the udesign contest.
[/quote] Very nice looking

Ping G400 Max Driver Tour 65
Callaway X-hot 3 wood Project X
Ping 3 Crossover AWT 2.0
Ping G Irons 4-UW AWT 2.0
Taylormade RAC black 56
Taylormade TP xFT 60
Odyssey METAL-X MILLED #7

[quote name='markjinc' timestamp='1365534668' post='6794601']
Stealth Bomber! Shafted with a Fuji Fuel 60X - 45" - boom! :download:
[/quote]

So what are some good courses to play in Chicago. Just got back from there stayed downtown at the James. I never had been there before and absolutely loved it!! Want to go back this summer and play some golf. Purple Pig and the milk braised pork shoulder best thing i had all weekend!!

[quote name='ssfranny' timestamp='1366077756' post='6853665']
[/quote]

So what are some good courses to play in Chicago. Just got back from there stayed downtown at the James. I never had been there before and absolutely loved it!! Want to go back this summer and play some golf. Purple Pig and the milk braised pork shoulder best thing i had all weekend!!
[/quote]
The James is cool, stayed there a few times. Depending on how far you want to drive, there are dozens of great courses.

[quote name='markjinc' timestamp='1366078266' post='6853719']
[quote name='ssfranny' timestamp='1366077756' post='6853665']
[/quote]

[/quote]
The James is cool, stayed there a few times. Depending on how far you want to drive, there are dozens of great courses.
[/quote]

Agree with this. Chicago area has some awesome courses whether you're around the city or out near the burbs. Just depends on where you're going to be staying and how far you want to drive.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

Just picked up my RAZR fit Extreme last night. 9.5 with Matrix Black Tie x-flex. Couldn't wait and took it straight to the range to hit it. All I can say is WOW!!. I love this shaft. Best and and shaft combo I've ever hit. Everything I hit was straight as an arrow and a great flight path. Didn't really play with the setting much yet. I had it set to square and 13 in heal and 1 at toe. I bought the weight kit and a couple adapters for other shaft I had just in case I didn't like the Black Tie. But that is looking like a waste of money as well as I was hitting it on the range. Will do some on course testing in a couple weeks with all the shafts and play with weight settings.

I play 27 holes tomorrow at my home course. Then heading down to the Smokey Mountains for guys golf trip, we play 36 on Friday and Saturday and 18 on Sunday. So it should get a good workout over the next few days. If I hit it as well as I did last night could be a very fun time.

Ping G400 Max Driver Tour 65
Callaway X-hot 3 wood Project X
Ping 3 Crossover AWT 2.0
Ping G Irons 4-UW AWT 2.0
Taylormade RAC black 56
Taylormade TP xFT 60
Odyssey METAL-X MILLED #7

[quote name='mx745' timestamp='1366204795' post='6863745']
Just picked up my RAZR fit Extreme last night. 9.5 with Matrix Black Tie x-flex. Couldn't wait and took it straight to the range to hit it. All I can say is WOW!!. I love this shaft. Best and and shaft combo I've ever hit. Everything I hit was straight as an arrow and a great flight path. Didn't really play with the setting much yet. I had it set to square and 13 in heal and 1 at toe. I bought the weight kit and a couple adapters for other shaft I had just in case I didn't like the Black Tie. But that is looking like a waste of money as well as I was hitting it on the range. Will do some on course testing in a couple weeks with all the shafts and play with weight settings.

I play 27 holes tomorrow at my home course. Then heading down to the Smokey Mountains for guys golf trip, we play 36 on Friday and Saturday and 18 on Sunday. So it should get a good workout over the next few days. If I hit it as well as I did last night could be a very fun time.
[/quote]

Really looking forward to hearing how your experience with the Extreme went over the weekend as I'm contemplating replacing my Titleist woods with this driver as well as the deep 3 wood and xhot pro hybrids. Seems like everyone is loving their experience with these new Callaway clubs.

My RFE 10.5 seems to be one of the better drivers I have hit. I sold my R11 annd R11s and am very happy with the new driver.

Why is it that equipement manufacturers cannot tighten the spec better than +/- .5 degrees but can make 33 different adjustments for the new TM and a few less adjustments for the RFE? IMHO if the clubs were what they stated including shafts I doubt the adjustments would be needed.

Bettinardi BB8 Reserve 300 pcs. 33"

Byron Morgan 615 33"