2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

RBZ Tour 3 Wood

scottleo

I was wondering what shaft works best for u guys that are playing the RBZ tour 3 wood? Looking to re-shaft and looking for more consistency, higher ball flight and distance.

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a blueboard 83 in mine and its great off the tee, but still very difficult to launch off the deck.

Pretty sure TM has claim to fix the deck issue with the stage 2.

I personally put my Tour Issued R9 15 in the bag again, Lost 10-15 off the tee but I gained about 25 -30 off the deck.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

I'm using a pro95 in mine but it's not going to help you with what you're looking for. Not much of a high launch shaft.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

[quote name='scottleo' timestamp='1356904153' post='6140163']
I was wondering what shaft works best for u guys that are playing the RBZ tour 3 wood? Looking to re-shaft and looking for more consistency, higher ball flight and distance.
[/quote]

I literally just sold my Tour 3 wood because of the new stage 2. I hit it in Naples with the TMAG guys and it was by far the easiest 3 wood ive ever hit off the deck. reminds me of the 07 burner 3 wood. I had that in my bag for 4 years before switching to the RBZ Tour 3 wood.

i know ive gone off track but my advice would be to go with the stage 2 if your looking for help launching it higher off the deck. if you dont want to spend money on a new club then I'd say possibly go with a lighter shaft, or slightly less firm shaft to help launch the ball a bit higher.

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Breaker999' timestamp='1356989724' post='6144865']
Is the Stage 2 as long as the RBZ/RBZ Tour? I like to play my 3w off the deck and was planning to get the non tour RBZ and clock it open. But I'm worried the large head will make it not ideal off the turf. Will wait if the new stuff is more playable and as long.
[/quote]

its 10 yards longer

no im serious, it is

Taylormade Spider Ghost

I do not play that wood or brand for that matter but to get a higher launch and a premium shaft you cannot go wrong with a GD AD DI to get the job done with that!

Callaway BB 815 DB Diamond 10.5* AD DI 6
Titleist 915FD 18* GD AD DI 7
PING i25 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 TOUR 130
TVD-M TX3 VOKEY 50* 56* 60* KBS HI-REV
Odyssey Prototype #1
Bridgestone B330S or Titleist Pro V1X

I have a Motore Speeder Tour Spec 8.2x in mine and have much more consistency with it.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

will they have a HL or 4 wood for stage 2? If it is 10 yards longer and can hit off the deck easy I will get one. My current RBZ regular 3w sucks in my opinion. It is great off the Tee, but I never see a need to use it on my home course. I can't hit that thing off the ground for nothing. I put a 15 year old Adams steel shaft tight lie strong 3 and hit it great off the deck. Just need more distance.

Hitting the Stage2 off the deck reminds me of riding a crotch rocket, with training wheels.

Yeah it's that easy to hit from the deck.

I'm changing from my beloved TEE CB2's with Whiteboard 83X's for these. My only dilemma is shafts. I've narrowed it down to the same Whiteboards, Miyazaki Kusala Black, or Oban Kiyoshi White.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

I have the Motore F3, and it's a monster off the tee and pretty great off the fairway. Easily the longest and best combo in a 3 wood I've ever had.

Cobra Fly Z+, Matrix white tie
Ping G25 17, stock stiff
Cobra AMP 19, RIP
Callaway Apex 5-PW KBS Tour
Scor 48, Vokey 52, 56
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

[quote name='nitram' timestamp='1356997758' post='6145551']
Hitting the Stage2 off the deck reminds me of riding a crotch rocket, with training wheels.

I'm changing from my beloved TEE CB2's with Whiteboard 83X's for these. My only dilemma is shafts. I've narrowed it down to the same Whiteboards, Miyazaki Kusala Black, or Oban Kiyoshi White.
[/quote]

The stage 2 is that good? I've been playing TEE 4 wood b/c a 3 wood just doesn't launch high enough off the deck consistently for me. So you think it's better than the TEE. Is it as long as your TEE?

$$$$

[quote name='chiva' timestamp='1357003276' post='6145911']

[/quote]

The stage 2 is that good? I've been playing TEE 4 wood b/c a 3 wood just doesn't launch high enough off the deck consistently for me. So you think it's better than the TEE. Is it as long as your TEE?
[/quote]

Yessir Chiva, it's THAT GOOD.

The Stage2 was consistently a little longer but the decider for me was how freaking easy it was to hit from a fairway mowed like a putting green. In a medium bucket of balls (60 or so), I never failed to get it airborne. I didn't have the right shaft for me but it was apparent from some intentional toe-hits this thing was hotter. The COR has been raised to.830 or so I was told. All BS aside I was getting a little more distance with noticeably less effort. I'm really hesitant to say they're "better" than my Exotics, but they are different in a grand way. Time will tell, I guess.

PS The one thing that is noticeably different between these and the CB2's is the solidness of the hit. You know too well how solid a CB2 feels when you nut one. I mean its almost euphoric and honestly, it's the main reason I've never considered any other fairways. Well, the Stage 2 DOES NOT have this feedback. But dammit, the ball just keeps flying, even when you KNOW you've hit it off-center. Like I said, a crotch rocket with training wheels.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

[quote name='nitram' timestamp='1357004291' post='6145961']
[quote name='chiva' timestamp='1357003276' post='6145911']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yessir Chiva, it's THAT GOOD.

The Stage2 was consistently a little longer but the decider for me was how freaking easy it was to hit from a fairway mowed like a putting green. In a medium bucket of balls (60 or so), I never failed to get it airborne. I didn't have the right shaft for me but it was apparent from some intentional toe-hits this thing was hotter. The COR has been raised to.830 or so I was told. All BS aside I was getting a little more distance with noticeably less effort. I'm really hesitant to say they're "better" than my Exotics, but they are different in a grand way. Time will tell, I guess.

PS The one thing that is noticeably different between these and the CB2's is the solidness of the hit. You know too well how solid a CB2 feels when you nut one. I mean its almost euphoric and honestly, it's the main reason I've never considered any other fairways. Well, the Stage 2 DOES NOT have this feedback. But dammit, the ball just keeps flying, even when you KNOW you've hit it off-center. Like I said, a crotch rocket with training wheels.
[/quote]

Thanks nitram. I'll be trying it out. Appreciate the feedback:)

$$$$

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1356989175' post='6144827']
[/quote]

I literally just sold my Tour 3 wood because of the new stage 2. I hit it in Naples with the TMAG guys and it was by far the easiest 3 wood ive ever hit off the deck. reminds me of the 07 burner 3 wood. I had that in my bag for 4 years before switching to the RBZ Tour 3 wood.

i know ive gone off track but my advice would be to go with the stage 2 if your looking for help launching it higher off the deck. if you dont want to spend money on a new club then I'd say possibly go with a lighter shaft, or slightly less firm shaft to help launch the ball a bit higher.
[/quote]
When will the new stage 2 come out in retail? First time I am hearing of stage 2....Do u have any pics? What are the differences between the "stage 2" and the tour RBZ?

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

I have an Attas Elements RK 7R & all season long it has gave my drivers a run for it's money. Had a bit of trouble earlier with the ground so hard in the dead of summer but it didn't take long before this club was a beast of the ground as it was off the tee. This club may stay in the bag for all of 2013 as well it's that good.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

[quote name='scottleo' timestamp='1357046702' post='6147367']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1356989175' post='6144827']
[/quote]

[/quote]
When will the new stage 2 come out in retail? First time I am hearing of stage 2....Do u have any pics? What are the differences between the "stage 2" and the tour RBZ?
[/quote]

It will be out early spring, 2/1 i believe but i dont have my order sheet infront of me so it may be 3/1. there are alot of threads about it in tour and pre release section so go hop around in there and you'll read some info. no info has been released by taylormade and im not sure what all i am allowed to say about it until they release the info. main difference is improved turf interaction, much easier to hit off the deck/from the fairway and a higher COR which means a touch faster ball speed/great distance.

sorry i got this thread off topic.

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='gr00vetech' timestamp='1357011499' post='6146395']
[quote name='Napkin2011' timestamp='1356998640' post='6145621']
I have the Motore F3, and it's a monster off the tee and pretty great off the fairway. Easily the longest and best combo in a 3 wood I've ever had.
[/quote]

I'm about to build this exact setup
[/quote]here's a crappy iPhone pic to give you a view of what it looks like

Cobra Fly Z+, Matrix white tie
Ping G25 17, stock stiff
Cobra AMP 19, RIP
Callaway Apex 5-PW KBS Tour
Scor 48, Vokey 52, 56
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Have no prob's with my 14.5* RBZ Tour off the tee or deck, have a 70S Kai' Li in it. Coming from a TEE CB4 15* w/ 92S Ahina. Almost as long off the tee, easier off the deck and more forgiving overall is why I made the switch.

What's In The Ping Moonlite:
Ping Rapture '14 13*
Ping Rapture DI 18*
Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
Vokey TVD 54*
Odyssey Tank V-Line

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased the RBZ Tour 14.5 with the RUL 70 x stiff. My normal shot is a draw and all I can do is fade it with this club. It came with the RUL 70 and I didn't care for it. I switched it out for a Graphite Design YS6+ since I can hit my driver with it on a rope. I hit it pretty good, but I kept having this horrible miss that would slice way right (same problem I had with the RUL 70). I put in a Diamana BB I had laying around thinking it was set up for 43", but it actually plays at 44". I just got it back yesterday from Golfsmith and learned of my mistake, but was eager to hit it on the range today. I was bombing it off the tee close 290-300. I hit my driver consistantly 300+. Still had a little problem off the deck with a little nasty fade here and there, but on the tee it was a baby fade about 5 yards max every single time. I must mention that I play x-stiff shafts and the first two were also x-stiff and the Diamana BB is a stiff.

I'm still perplexed with the fade bias of the RBZ Tour 14.5. I did buy it used 9.0 out of 10 (it looked brand new), but I wonder if there was any weight tampering with the head. I have no clue. The golf shop says the club rep they buy from frequently drops off clubs because the have so many and I wonder if it was tour issue and different weights were in it.

Anyways, long story short, I'm keeping my 44" Diamana BB in there because those shafts have always been butter to me. I'll most likely cut it down to 43" very soon, but I want to play with it a little. Who the hell plays a 44" 3 wood? Might as well mess with it a little and have some fun. Off the deck it was going 270 and off the tee 290-300.