2013 PGA Show: Hottest Shafts from Demo Day

GolfWRX

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Super Tuna' timestamp='1359056282' post='6290605']
Radix S?
Nunchuk iron shaft eh. That could be interesting!

Someone want to badger Fujikura and UST for me? I'm curious what the bend profile on the EXS and the Recoil 600's are.
[/quote]

Nunchuk iron shaft was scary straight...really impressed with it.

New white kiyoshi..meh....purple and devo still the best.

New BB (forget the series name) was really nice. Similar to Bb but firmer tip, flatter flight towards the end.

In the end i was shocked how good the nunchuk iron shaft was. Scary straight, smooth feel and just blown away by the consistency of an iron graphite shaft (hit steel fiber too).

Tried a C-taper X vs. Tour X....got 2mph more speed with Tour.

[quote name='JGalls' timestamp='1359046751' post='6289439']
What's this Oban?

Love the simple graphics.

[attachment=1503205:e709b5e4e3b9ce1bccadacc18b7ca518.jpg]
[/quote]
It's a graphite iron shaft.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='Golfer_1993' timestamp='1359039886' post='6288625']
The green and gray shaft of Aldila looks really great! Any more info on this guys?
[/quote]

+1. What's the "Tour" shaft's profile?

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

[quote name='emster3534' timestamp='1359090047' post='6294083']
Is there any reason why the new MRC shafts, specifically the new Diamana, don't have the trademark x5ct stamped on the shafts?
[/quote]

Yes, because x5ct refers to the weight of a shaft in carats (weight measurement for diamonds, 5 carats in a gram, ex 63g x5ct means 63 x 5 carats = 315 carats which equals 63 grams. The only reason they do this is because Mitsubishi-rayons logo is the three diamonds, no other reason. This x5ct was previously only seen on true aftermarket shafts or what you all love to refer to as "real deal" because the oem aftermarket shafts from mrd identify other qualities in the shaft other than just weight with markings like 'g 35 t' followed by the weight and flex which means the shaft is a .350OD. Now back to the question at hand...the reason the "trademark" x5ct" is not seen on the new RETAIL shafts is because ALL of Mitsubishi-rayons RETAIL shafts (meaning straight from the Mitsubishi factory or through taylormade, titleist, callaway, etc) will be the same. This is to avoid people feeling like they've been cheated out of quality because the shaft isn't "real deal" as we've all heard in the past. The make up of the shafts, comparatively, will be no different than they were before and on a side note, the previous oem aftermarkets were tweaked slightly to better match the playing characteristics of the clubhead for the RETAIL market, they were not lacking in quality or any lesser than the ones you bought straight from the factory. (Do you really think a company like Mitsubishi-rayon (or any company for that matter) would put their product out in the retail market (it's broadest market) that was of a lesser quality than their company standards?) the answer is no so for everyone that felt cheated out of a shaft because their spin rate or launch was a touch higher or lower than they expected, they were designed that way in the past. But worry not because Mitsubishi caught on and that's the reason they aren't going to put any markings whatsoever on shafts that differ market to market to avoid us consumers complaining over quality and performance lapses...that's my rant for the day but I hope I answered your question at least a little bit lol.

[quote name='junior22' timestamp='1359149143' post='6298309']
Is there any reason why the new MRC shafts, specifically the new Diamana, don't have the trademark x5ct stamped on the shafts?
[/quote]

Yes, because x5ct refers to the weight of a shaft in carats (weight measurement for diamonds, 5 carats in a gram, ex 63g x5ct means 63 x 5 carats = 315 carats which equals 63 grams. The only reason they do this is because Mitsubishi-rayons logo is the three diamonds, no other reason. This x5ct was previously only seen on true aftermarket shafts or what you all love to refer to as "real deal" because the oem aftermarket shafts from mrd identify other qualities in the shaft other than just weight with markings like 'g 35 t' followed by the weight and flex which means the shaft is a .350OD. Now back to the question at hand...the reason the "trademark" x5ct" is not seen on the new RETAIL shafts is because ALL of Mitsubishi-rayons RETAIL shafts (meaning straight from the Mitsubishi factory or through taylormade, titleist, callaway, etc) will be the same. This is to avoid people feeling like they've been cheated out of quality because the shaft isn't "real deal" as we've all heard in the past. The make up of the shafts, comparatively, will be no different than they were before and on a side note, the previous oem aftermarkets were tweaked slightly to better match the playing characteristics of the clubhead for the RETAIL market, they were not lacking in quality or any lesser than the ones you bought straight from the factory. (Do you really think a company like Mitsubishi-rayon (or any company for that matter) would put their product out in the retail market (it's broadest market) that was of a lesser quality than their company standards?) the answer is no so for everyone that felt cheated out of a shaft because their spin rate or launch was a touch higher or lower than they expected, they were designed that way in the past. But worry not because Mitsubishi caught on and that's the reason they aren't going to put any markings whatsoever on shafts that differ market to market to avoid us consumers complaining over quality and performance lapses...that's my rant for the day but I hope I answered your question at least a little bit lol.
[/quote]

You rant sir!
rant away...indeed!
Good on you for getting it out there, you feel better now? lol

thanks for the info as well.
devlin

[quote name='junior22' timestamp='1359149143' post='6298309']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Since aftermarket Diamana shafts retail for $360, I suspect that there will still be significant differences between "real deal" and stock OEM shafts, even with the same markings. I don't think they wised up to putting identical shafts in the OEM clubs. I think they just wised up to the fact that consumers didn't like knowing that fact, as they could see that "designed exclusively for Titleist" or whatever written on the shaft, and they knew it wasn't the "real deal".
It's just that now they won't know that it isn't the real deal, since the paint job will be the same.
Kind of tough to make a good profit if you are retailing a club for $399, so selling it to the Golf Galaxy or wherever for less, and having a superexpensive shaft in it.

I will have one of each please. Especially the graphite iron shafts. Bad elbows and all that.

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[quote name='JCool' timestamp='1359255758' post='6305975']
Since aftermarket Diamana shafts retail for $360, I suspect that there will still be significant differences between "real deal" and stock OEM shafts, even with the same markings. I don't think they wised up to putting identical shafts in the OEM clubs. I think they just wised up to the fact that consumers didn't like knowing that fact, as they could see that "designed exclusively for Titleist" or whatever written on the shaft, and they knew it wasn't the "real deal".
It's just that now they won't know that it isn't the real deal, since the paint job will be the same.
Kind of tough to make a good profit if you are retailing a club for $399, so selling it to the Golf Galaxy or wherever for less, and having a superexpensive shaft in it.
[/quote]

Not as hard as you think. When OEM's place such a large order they get a steep discount on those shafts. Ala the one that costs us $360 down the lane, they pay $20 or less for, with a big emphasis on or less.

Talked with Jeff at Aldila for a good hour or so, couldn't be a nicer guy. The new shafts coming out green/grey will be similar to an NV profile with RIP technology but with a much stiffer tip, the way he explained it was it is a XS shaft with the tip stiffness equal to a XX shaft, there is also a blue/grey one that will be a VS profile with a slightly softer tip with more of a mid kick. Just got a green NV profile shaft to try with the super stiff tip which I can't wait to try. Shaft has that rubber type coating like the Matrix Code shafts... I was also able to pick up a Accra Prototype shaft that I know nothing about except it seems to be the right combo in my RFE. Shaft is all black with that rubber feel coating with Accra Prototype written on it, by the tip it just says TourZ/M5. From the info I was able to get it is a new Accra TourZ shaft that will be coming out at some point this year, supposed to have a stiffer tip & a different balance point? No club, all I know is its a great feeling Accra shaft. Jeff from Aldia also said that since the merger with MRC Aldila has been running like it always has & doesn't expect anything to change. We also had an interesting talk when I mentioned I still had a few Cinnamon shafts & how much I liked it, I was told that it cost a boat load for the graphite to make that shaft which is the reason they were able to get the torque so low while still keeping the weight fairly light. Was also told the Phenom NL shafts will also be released to the public this year as well.

𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟯 𝗦ᴜɴ𝗧ʀᴜsᴛ 𝗧ᴀᴍᴘᴀ 𝗕ᴀʏ 𝗣ʀᴏ/𝗔ᴍ 𝗣ʀᴏғᴇssɪᴏɴᴀʟ 𝗖ʜᴀᴍᴘɪᴏɴ (-𝟭𝟮/𝟮𝟬𝟭)

68A7239E-AAC2-4873-AAB4-79AB07381822.png.1162e21eb149e0d7ca8526c3ec552f4c.png

DRIVER: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗦ᴛᴇᴀʟᴛʜ 𝗣ʟᴜs 𝟵° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗚𝗞 𝗫𝗫

3 WOOD: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗦𝗜𝗠𝟮 𝗧ɪ 𝟭𝟰° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗙𝗪 𝗦ᴇᴠᴇɴ 𝗫

HYBRID: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗦𝗜𝗠𝟮 𝗠𝗔𝗫 𝟭𝟴° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗛ʏʙʀɪᴅ 𝟭𝟬𝟬 𝗫

IRONS: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴇғᴇʀʀᴇᴅ 𝗖𝗕 𝟯ɪ 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗛ʏʙʀɪᴅ 𝟭𝟬𝟬𝘅, 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴇғᴇʀʀᴇᴅ 𝗠𝗖 𝟰ɪ, 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏ 𝗖ᴏɴᴄᴇᴘᴛ 𝗖𝟬𝟯 𝟱ɪ/𝟲ɪ, 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏ 𝗖ᴏɴᴄᴇᴘᴛ 𝗖𝟬𝟭 𝟳ɪ-𝗣𝗪 𝗡ɪᴘᴘᴏɴ 𝗡.𝗦. 𝗣ʀᴏ 𝗠ᴏᴅᴜs 𝟯 𝟭𝟬𝟱𝘅

WEDGES: 𝗧ɪᴛʟᴇɪsᴛ 𝗩ᴏᴋᴇʏ 𝗦𝗠𝟴 𝗥ᴀᴡ 𝟱𝟱°-𝟱𝟵° 𝗡ɪᴘᴘᴏɴ 𝗡.𝗦. 𝗣ʀᴏ 𝗠ᴏᴅᴜs 𝟯 𝟭𝟮𝟬𝘅

PUTTER: 𝗕ʏʀᴏɴ 𝗠ᴏʀɢᴀɴ 𝗗𝗛𝟴𝟵 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗪ᴇʟᴅᴇᴅ 𝗙ʟᴏᴡ 𝗡ᴇᴄᴋ 𝟯𝘅 𝗕ʟᴀᴄᴋ

[quote name='JGalls' timestamp='1359046751' post='6289439']
What's this Oban?

Love the simple graphics.

[attachment=1503205:e709b5e4e3b9ce1bccadacc18b7ca518.jpg]
[/quote]

I think this is their iron shaft

Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS 10.5* GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM Stealth 17* HZRDUS 75S
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
PXG Gen3 0311XF #4 MMT 80S
PXG Gen3 0311P 5/6/7 MMT 95S; 0311T Black 8/9/W/G MMT 95S
SM8 54* & 58* TT DG Onyx S400
PXG Battle Ready Mustang

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

That new Fujikura Fuel shaft is calling my name! I installed a Fujikura Motore F1 65 in my 10.5 R11 and it has been the best investment I've made. It brought my spin rate and launch angle down versus the stock blur shaft and has given me 20 more yards, most of those coming from additional roll distance. However, the Motore F1 does tend to feel a bit harsh at times. The Fuel appears to have similar launch/spin characteristics as the Motore F1 but with more feel, which sounds perfect to me!

Talked with Jeff at Aldila for a good hour or so, couldn't be a nicer guy. The new shafts coming out green/grey will be similar to an NV profile with RIP technology but with a much stiffer tip, the way he explained it was it is a XS shaft with the tip stiffness equal to a XX shaft, there is also a blue/grey one that will be a VS profile with a slightly softer tip with more of a mid kick. Just got a green NV profile shaft to try with the super stiff tip which I can't wait to try.

Are you talking about this one?

7b1c86959a9ae633b58cbd9ee3872bda.jpg

Because the new RIP NV is up on the Aldila site, and it's not ^^^^ that one.

Or, are you saying the above pictured shaft will be similar to the RIP NV but with an even stiffer tip?

Thanks!

--kC

Callaway Mavrik 9* HZRDUS Smoke Black MDX / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

Some great looking shafts...

Question: Does anybody know how if the new Fujikura Motore Speeder shafts are anything like the ones that were on the TM R9? I know they made changes and adjustments to improve but is the feel still the same. I really enjoyed the stiff flex shaft I had on my R9, and am thinking about putting these shafts on my RAZR FIT and X HOT (3 WOOD)... Suggestions welcomed...

What is the difference between the White/Orange Fuel and the Black/Orange Fuel? Is it just a paint job or is the white/orange the Tour Spec version?

Titleist TSi3 with Fuji Ventus TR Blue 6x 
Titleist TSi3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Titleist T200 Utility with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black (90x)
Miura MB101 (4-PW) with KBS Black $ Taper (130x)
Vokey SM8 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with KBS Black $ Taper 
Bettinardi Tour Issue BB0 Flow Prototype