2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Nike Covert users

TheMerryTex

[quote name='morebeerbettergolf' timestamp='1360962397' post='6435963']
[quote name='j2_a2' timestamp='1360944661' post='6434079']
Not my pic, but saw this on another site. Ouch
[/quote]

This is why new golfers should have old clubs. If the person that did that is not a new golfer perhaps they should take up bowling. I'm an over swinging mid capper that tees a driver half the ball above the face and haven't put a sky mark on a club since I was about 17. (14 years ago)

Plus I wouldn't expect a rock to take that much paint off let alone a golf ball. We're they hitting top flite range balls out of a coarse sand bunker? Lol

Tough pill to swallow there.
[/quote]

Yeah, I don't really get how a ball can do that much damage either. That's the worse sky mark I've ever seen.

Did you hear what the end result of it is? The owner contacted Nike and Nike told him to ship it to a club repairer that they use. And Nike is paying for it!!!

Can't get much better customer service than that.

Ping G430Max 10k - Ping G425Max 14* - Ping G430 19* - Ping G710 (4,5) - Ping i210 (6-U) - Ping S159 56* - Odyssey 7s - Chrome Tour

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had it set on 10.5 and neutral. I need the higher loft because I tend to launch the driver low.

AI Smoke Max Ventus Velocore +
Callaway GBB Fuji 757 vi 

Cobra LTDX max 5w HZRDUS Blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58v PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

[quote name='LuvToGolfGuy' timestamp='1360973313' post='6436829'] [quote name='morebeerbettergolf' timestamp='1360962397' post='6435963'] [quote name='j2_a2' timestamp='1360944661' post='6434079'] Not my pic, but saw this on another site. Ouch [/quote] This is why new golfers should have old clubs. If the person that did that is not a new golfer perhaps they should take up bowling. I'm an over swinging mid capper that tees a driver half the ball above the face and haven't put a sky mark on a club since I was about 17. (14 years ago) Plus I wouldn't expect a rock to take that much paint off let alone a golf ball. We're they hitting top flite range balls out of a coarse sand bunker? Lol Tough pill to swallow there. [/quote] Yeah, I don't really get how a ball can do that much damage either. That's the worse sky mark I've ever seen. Did you hear what the end result of it is? The owner contacted Nike and Nike told him to ship it to a club repairer that they use. And Nike is paying for it!!! Can't get much better customer service than that. [/quote]

Yeah that is awesome customer service.....But isn't that picture of a 3 wood or maybe a 5 wood tour???? sure looks like it to me, but i could be wrong.....It's a little easier to sky one off a fairway wood then the driver (just trying to justify it a little bit for the owner of that club...lol)

[quote name='OPIE98LMB' timestamp='1360979325' post='6437389']
[quote name='LuvToGolfGuy' timestamp='1360973313' post='6436829'] [quote name='morebeerbettergolf' timestamp='1360962397' post='6435963'] [quote name='j2_a2' timestamp='1360944661' post='6434079'] Not my pic, but saw this on another site. Ouch [/quote] This is why new golfers should have old clubs. If the person that did that is not a new golfer perhaps they should take up bowling. I'm an over swinging mid capper that tees a driver half the ball above the face and haven't put a sky mark on a club since I was about 17. (14 years ago) Plus I wouldn't expect a rock to take that much paint off let alone a golf ball. We're they hitting top flite range balls out of a coarse sand bunker? Lol Tough pill to swallow there. [/quote] Yeah, I don't really get how a ball can do that much damage either. That's the worse sky mark I've ever seen. Did you hear what the end result of it is? The owner contacted Nike and Nike told him to ship it to a club repairer that they use. And Nike is paying for it!!! Can't get much better customer service than that. [/quote]

Yeah that is awesome customer service.....But isn't that picture of a 3 wood or maybe a 5 wood tour???? sure looks like it to me, but i could be wrong.....It's a little easier to sky one off a fairway wood then the driver (just trying to justify it a little bit for the owner of that club...lol)
[/quote]

Correct. It's a 3 wood. In his story (on another site), he said how he tried to really go after one and hit the ball really, really fat in that the head dug into the soft ground and the ball went off the crown and resulted in that picture.

Again, great gesture from Nike to pay for the repair.

Ping G430Max 10k - Ping G425Max 14* - Ping G430 19* - Ping G710 (4,5) - Ping i210 (6-U) - Ping S159 56* - Odyssey 7s - Chrome Tour

Loving my covert tour so far. Accra tour z+ m4 at 9.5 neutral. Lowest spin combo I've tried. Picked up about 10 yards maybe 15 on a good one. One of the bonuses with this head is I can play a spinnier ball that I can compress more than I can with other drivers.

Driver: PING G430 MAX 10K 9 Mitsubishi Diamana WB 43X
Fairway Wood: PING G430 LST Fujikura Ventus Blue + 7S
Hybrid: PING G430 19 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 7S
Hybrid: PING G430 22 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 7S

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen6 5-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95S

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM10 50 F, 54 M, 60 D KBS 610 Wedge R
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 7 CH 34 inches
Ball: Titleist AVX

Covert tour between 9.5 and 10.5 and right and neutral depending on conditions and course

Accra tour z m4 55 tipped 1" .

Club half inch longer than standard d5sw.

Have a speeder v6.3 tour spec on the way.

How do you guys get so much spin with the new drivers like the rfe and covert tour? I see guys with 110+ss and 2 degrees descending angles and still sub 3000. I have a positive aoa and others that do the same love that this stays in the low 2000s at best.

M3 440 IZ-6
M3 15 IZ-7
P790
Handground Vokeys
009M custom

Any word on when the adapters will be out for sale? Or if they will ever be? Just bought an old favorite (Prolaunch Platinum) for real cheap and want to get an extra adapter to try out.

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

[quote name='Boogaloo_Jones' timestamp='1361075072' post='6443347']
Any word on when the adapters will be out for sale? Or if they will ever be? Just bought an old favorite (Prolaunch Platinum) for real cheap and want to get an extra adapter to try out.
[/quote]

To the public? No.
To custom fitting shops like Victory Custom Golf or Club Champion? Yes
For them to sell the adapter straight to you without doing the install themselves? No.

I ordered my Aldila RIP B 70X through my rep and should be here in two weeks or so.

Since they had to special order the shaft, that's why the wait time is so long.

Go through a special shop like tuna mentioned and you should be golden. You could always go the route I did and just get the driver stock and then get a shaft installed using your adapter. You can still make out saving money if you're smart! :)

[size=3][font=georgia,serif][b]Nike [/b]Vapor TW - BB73s
[b]Titleist [/b]915F 15* - D+ 80s
[b]Titleist [/b]913F 19* - D+ 82s
[b]Titleist [/b]913H 21* - Phenom 80s
[b]Mizuno [/b]MP 64 - 4-PW S300
[b]Titleist Vokey [/b]SM5- 54/08M, 60/04L
[b]Scotty Cameron [/b]Select Newport[/font][/size]
[url="https://flic.kr/p/E5WxHK"][img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1616/24997465921_7a3f574e63.jpg[/img][/url]

Covert Tour

KK Silver 60 S+ Kiyoshi BLK 65 S

Playing 44.5"

Winn Excel Wrap +1/16"

10.5* Neutral.

The wait is killing me.

[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade M2 2016 9*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Taylormade M2 2016 15*[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Adams DHy Proto 21*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC FliHi 4i[/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC 5-P[/font][/i][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Callaway MackDaddy 4 Milled 54|58[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms, cursive][size=3][i]Custom Scotty Cameron California Coronado Milled Face[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Snell MTB/MTB Black[/i][/size][/font][/center]

[quote name='SCOTT4099' timestamp='1361120026' post='6445351']
Does anyone have the specs of the kuro Kage silver that is offered at no upcharge???
[/quote]

Nike is using real-deal shafts for both of the Coverts, so same specs directly from the manufacturer. Only difference is the KK Black has custom red paint for the Covert.

http://www.mitsubishirayongolf.com/product.php?cmd=kurokage_silver_w&lang=en

[quote name='j2_a2' timestamp='1361120386' post='6445389']
[quote name='SCOTT4099' timestamp='1361120026' post='6445351']
Does anyone have the specs of the kuro Kage silver that is offered at no upcharge???
[/quote]

Nike is using real-deal shafts for both of the Coverts, so same specs directly from the manufacturer. Only difference is the KK Black has custom red paint for the Covert.

[url="http://www.mitsubishirayongolf.com/product.php?cmd=kurokage_silver_w&lang=en"]http://www.mitsubish...ilver_w&lang=en[/url]
[/quote]

I believe the silver is the true stock option that's in stores. It's the lower spin KK. But they also offer the black w/o upcharge.

Anyone know if the Fubuki K in the non up charge Option is the "real deal" or a made for?

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS 9* Tensei AV Raw white 60 S
Fairway: Callaway Paratem Triple Diamond 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

DI: Titleist U500 23* HZRDUS Smoke Black 90 6.0
Irons: Titleist T100 5-Gap Project X LZ 6.5
Wedges: Taylormade Hi Toe 54/60 Project X LZ 6.5
Putter: Odyssey O Works 7
Ball: Vice Pro

Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize Teams

No that's the Nike Fubuki

[url="https://flic.kr/p/E5WxHK"][img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1616/24997465921_7a3f574e63.jpg[/img][/url]

Thanks for your reply. Are you sure about it? Because in the Nike Shaft Fitting Chart the Specs are the same as on the website from Mitsubishi

[quote name='AChapa8807' timestamp='1361080916' post='6443717']
I ordered my Aldila RIP B 70X through my rep and should be here in two weeks or so.

Since they had to special order the shaft, that's why the wait time is so long.

Go through a special shop like tuna mentioned and you should be golden. You could always go the route I did and just get the driver stock and then get a shaft installed using your adapter. You can still make out saving money if you're smart! :)
[/quote]

I might send it to victory custom and see if Ken can put an adapter on the shaft I have. If not, I'll jsut have to buy someone's stock shaft (hopefully someone is selling it). I wonder if some 3rd party company will try and make an adapter that is the same as the flexloft adapter, like how there were non-OEM adapter for the r11.

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

Wondering if my adapter isn't right or not, but wanted to get your opinions. I'm used to the Titleist or Callaway adapter that fits into place and then you just tighten it. But on the Nike, I'm finding that the two pieces of the adapter don't lay flush together, and the wrench actually seems to screw it down, vs. just tightening. I dont' want to force it, and don't want to break it. If you guys think this is wrong, I'll bring it back and get a new one before really hitting it anymore.

[quote name='RobDMB' timestamp='1361134009' post='6446627']
Can heavier versions of the KK shafts be ordered without upcharge? (i.e. Silver 70 or Silver 80)?
[/quote]

Yes you can!

I have hit the Tour with the stock KK S a LOT and I have a pretty aggressive transition/load on the shaft. I normally play a stout X L/L shaft and I think the KK is pretty underrated. I think a lot of people like to automatically deem a stock shaft as "whippy" but this one is pretty good. I can get after it and still control it and make center contact. I would have the KK if I didn't get better ball speed and distance with the 7M3 I ordered with mine.

I have never hit a driver as well as the Covert Tour. Incredible head.

[quote name='morebeerbettergolf' timestamp='1361154683' post='6448873']
I have hit the Tour with the stock KK S a LOT and I have a pretty aggressive transition/load on the shaft. I normally play a stout X L/L shaft and I think the KK is pretty underrated. I think a lot of people like to automatically deem a stock shaft as "whippy" but this one is pretty good. I can get after it and still control it and make center contact. I would have the KK if I didn't get better ball speed and distance with the 7M3 I ordered with mine.

I have never hit a driver as well as the Covert Tour. Incredible head.
[/quote]

I will second this!

Is anyone gaming a Kiyoshi Purple, a Matrix white Tie or an Aldila Rip Phenom in the Covert? What are your Experiences?

On a side note, anyone else think the Nike headcover is a piece of crap? It's hard to get off without any handle or strap, it feels flimsy compared to my Callaway and TM headcovers, and the material is weird. A long strip of the black already rubbed off, almost like I'd rubbed it against a white painted wall or something (which I didn't, I can only guess it was rubbing against something in my trunk). I'll be bringing my JuJu headcover back out this summer while gaming the Nike. Also, the wrench didn't come with a little pouch, either. Just little things, that on a $400 driver, seem like the other OEMs have gone an extra mile on.

Just ordered mine today.

Covert Tour

Diamana D+ 72

X Flex

Excited to get it in. They said with the shaft that it would take 2-3 weeks.

Titleist TSR3 8.25* | Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylor Made Stealth2+ 4W 15.75* | Ventus TR Blue 8 TX

Titleist TSR2 7W 20.25* | Ventus Blue 9 TX

Titleist T200 Utility 4i | Tensei 1K Black 95X

Titleist T150 (5-P) | Project X 6.0

Titleist SM9 Raw 52F/58T/62LBK | Project X 6.0

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport Plus

Titleist Pro V1

[quote name='philsRHman' timestamp='1361292746' post='6458475']
On a side note, anyone else think the Nike headcover is a piece of crap? It's hard to get off without any handle or strap, it feels flimsy compared to my Callaway and TM headcovers, and the material is weird. A long strip of the black already rubbed off, almost like I'd rubbed it against a white painted wall or something (which I didn't, I can only guess it was rubbing against something in my trunk). I'll be bringing my JuJu headcover back out this summer while gaming the Nike. Also, the wrench didn't come with a little pouch, either. Just little things, that on a $400 driver, seem like the other OEMs have gone an extra mile on.
[/quote]

I don't mind the headcover at all other than a little strap would be nice. I guess if it rubs I will change my tune but I like the understated dark look. Feels high quality to me. Pouch for the wrench? Really? Doesn't the wrench go in a pouch in your bag? How many pouches do you want to open before you get to the wrench anyways? Lol. You could always keep it in a fanny pack.

[quote name='morebeerbettergolf' timestamp='1361411470' post='6468881'] [quote name='philsRHman' timestamp='1361292746' post='6458475'] On a side note, anyone else think the Nike headcover is a piece of crap? It's hard to get off without any handle or strap, it feels flimsy compared to my Callaway and TM headcovers, and the material is weird. A long strip of the black already rubbed off, almost like I'd rubbed it against a white painted wall or something (which I didn't, I can only guess it was rubbing against something in my trunk). I'll be bringing my JuJu headcover back out this summer while gaming the Nike. Also, the wrench didn't come with a little pouch, either. Just little things, that on a $400 driver, seem like the other OEMs have gone an extra mile on. [/quote] I don't mind the headcover at all other than a little strap would be nice. I guess if it rubs I will change my tune but I like the understated dark look. Feels high quality to me. Pouch for the wrench? Really? Doesn't the wrench go in a pouch in your bag? How many pouches do you want to open before you get to the wrench anyways? Lol. You could always keep it in a fanny pack. [/quote]

LOL...Golf fanny packs will be the new hotness next year I can see!!! I can just envision the sweet commericals that will appear on the Golf Channel. You can keep your Super Beta Prostate pills in there too!!!!