2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Nike Covert users

TheMerryTex

[quote name='philsRHman' timestamp='1361292746' post='6458475']
On a side note, anyone else think the Nike headcover is a piece of crap? It's hard to get off without any handle or strap, it feels flimsy compared to my Callaway and TM headcovers, and the material is weird. A long strip of the black already rubbed off, almost like I'd rubbed it against a white painted wall or something (which I didn't, I can only guess it was rubbing against something in my trunk). I'll be bringing my JuJu headcover back out this summer while gaming the Nike. Also, the wrench didn't come with a little pouch, either. Just little things, that on a $400 driver, seem like the other OEMs have gone an extra mile on.
[/quote]

Could care less about the headcover. Does the club perform, that's all I'm concerned with.

No offense.

TSR3 Tensei 1K White 60tx 

TM SiM2 Ti 15 Fuji Ventus Black 7x
TSR2 21 Tensei AV White 85tx
Artisan FC 4, HC 5-7, MB 8-pw DG TI 120 X-100 
Artisan "MT" Raw  52, 56 & 60
Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117

Pro V1

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='morebeerbettergolf' timestamp='1361411470' post='6468881']
[quote name='philsRHman' timestamp='1361292746' post='6458475']
On a side note, anyone else think the Nike headcover is a piece of crap? It's hard to get off without any handle or strap, it feels flimsy compared to my Callaway and TM headcovers, and the material is weird. A long strip of the black already rubbed off, almost like I'd rubbed it against a white painted wall or something (which I didn't, I can only guess it was rubbing against something in my trunk). I'll be bringing my JuJu headcover back out this summer while gaming the Nike. Also, the wrench didn't come with a little pouch, either. Just little things, that on a $400 driver, seem like the other OEMs have gone an extra mile on.
[/quote]

I don't mind the headcover at all other than a little strap would be nice. I guess if it rubs I will change my tune but I like the understated dark look. Feels high quality to me. Pouch for the wrench? Really? Doesn't the wrench go in a pouch in your bag? How many pouches do you want to open before you get to the wrench anyways? Lol. You could always keep it in a fanny pack.
[/quote]

Haha, I deserve that.

[quote name='dcosby' timestamp='1361420861' post='6469897']

Could care less about the headcover. Does the club perform, that's all I'm concerned with.

No offense.
[/quote]

None taken. I typically swap it out for my JuJu once it's in the bag, but I just found it so bad I had to make a note of it and see if anyone else found it to be crap.The driver itself, I like a lot, at least through 9 holes. The pop off the face is fantastic.

@ PhilsRHman

Did you get your Driver with the Phenom actually?

I´m very interessted in what you think about it and how it works.

And in pictures.....please.....:-) :-)

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS 9* Tensei AV Raw white 60 S
Fairway: Callaway Paratem Triple Diamond 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

DI: Titleist U500 23* HZRDUS Smoke Black 90 6.0
Irons: Titleist T100 5-Gap Project X LZ 6.5
Wedges: Taylormade Hi Toe 54/60 Project X LZ 6.5
Putter: Odyssey O Works 7
Ball: Vice Pro

Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize Teams

At my local shop all the performance heads have the black and red shaft and the Tour heads have the Black and Silver shaft. Is the black and red shaft the KK black? And if so, how does the KK Silver compare to the Fubuki Tour? I'm a big fan of the Nike head and everyone at the shop is telling me the Performance head with the black and silver shaft is the way to go and I just want to make sure I have the right shaft (the KK silver) in my head when reading what people say on here.

[quote name='sefus12' timestamp='1361458109' post='6471427']
At my local shop all the performance heads have the black and red shaft and the Tour heads have the Black and Silver shaft. Is the black and red shaft the KK black? And if so, how does the KK Silver compare to the Fubuki Tour? I'm a big fan of the Nike head and everyone at the shop is telling me the Performance head with the black and silver shaft is the way to go and I just want to make sure I have the right shaft (the KK silver) in my head when reading what people say on here.
[/quote]
Yes the kk silver is in the tour. A lot of people r putting the silver in the performance. It's 10 grams heavier and less spin then the the black.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I´m sorry Phil. Read the wrong post :-)

Anyone have pics of other Shafts than normal in the Coverts? And some experiences with them?

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS 9* Tensei AV Raw white 60 S
Fairway: Callaway Paratem Triple Diamond 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

DI: Titleist U500 23* HZRDUS Smoke Black 90 6.0
Irons: Titleist T100 5-Gap Project X LZ 6.5
Wedges: Taylormade Hi Toe 54/60 Project X LZ 6.5
Putter: Odyssey O Works 7
Ball: Vice Pro

Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize Teams

[quote name='SvenS3' timestamp='1361461060' post='6471791']
I´m sorry Phil. Read the wrong post :-)

Anyone have pics of other Shafts than normal in the Coverts? And some experiences with them?
[/quote]

I have a performance head with a 7.2 tour spec, and a tour head with a DI 7x. Both clubs are awesome. I'm having a hard time deciding which will stay in the bag. As mentioned on numerous threads the tour is low launch, low spin. I have it set to 10.5/right. I have the performance set at 8.5/right. The performance head is slightly more forgiving and I personally think has a better sound. This is my first experience with a Fuji shaft and so far I'm impressed. Great feel and shaft looks great with the red head. I thought it may have a harsh feel but nothing close.The DI has been in then last 2 heads, vr pro ltd., & vr tour. Getting similar results in flight but about 12 yards longer. A good buddy of mine has a tour head with BB and loves it. Flat trajectory with a good amount of run out. Hope that helps.

Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117

Pro V1

Why do the tips suck so much?

We've stripped 2, and have 2 drivers that can't handle the closed faces in the lower lofts.

Junk IMO.

Good head, but Nike needs to seriously work on the tips. We are doing fittings and it doesn't help when we have the other OEMs tuned in 5 seconds, but fiddle and jerk tips around for Nike's settings.

Discouraged me big time when I couldn't dial in 10.5 open as easy as the others. And if it only works well in neutral, than just give it to me glued and let me save myself your "adjustability" upcharges.

I haven't had any issues with the adapters. I wouldn't call any EOM product junk. It may not work for you but no where near junk.

Pro V1

[quote name='morebeerbettergolf' timestamp='1361471818' post='6473033']
Awesomeness:

[attachment=1549365:IMG_3047.JPG][attachment=1549367:IMG_3041.JPG][attachment=1549369:IMG_3044.JPG][attachment=1549371:IMG_3046.JPG]
[/quote]

Hot!

Bridgestone Tour B - X driver + FUJIKURA Speeder757 Evolution III 
Cobra F8 Tour 3-wood + ALDILA NV Green 75s
BRIDGESTONE Tour B XD-H 21* + Nippon NS Pro950 UT
Irons: MIZUNO Pro221 + DG S300
Mizuno MP-T5/MP-T22

BETTINARDI BB-1f 

BRIDGESTONE TOUR B RX 

[quote name='Fatz' timestamp='1361484751' post='6474795']
Why do the tips suck so much?

We've stripped 2, and have 2 drivers that can't handle the closed faces in the lower lofts.

Junk IMO.

Good head, but Nike needs to seriously work on the tips. We are doing fittings and it doesn't help when we have the other OEMs tuned in 5 seconds, but fiddle and jerk tips around for Nike's settings.

Discouraged me big time when I couldn't dial in 10.5 open as easy as the others. And if it only works well in neutral, than just give it to me glued and let me save myself your "adjustability" upcharges.
[/quote]

I don't know what you are doing but I've had zero problems with the Covert tips. After several dozen resets, including my own to a final setting of 10.5* open, there has been no damage to report. You have to employ a little patience, like 5-6 seconds instead of 2-3.

In my experience, the adjustment screw on the Callaway Razr Fit/Xtreme is by far the worst with very poor alignment traits.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

The GG where I got mine had stripped theirs and couldn't get the head on or off without trouble and one of the positions wouldn't work at all.

I tried to change mine on the course the other day, and as I mentioned above, it wouldn't slide into place. I had to screw down to get it to tighten. Is that how yours is? Or does it slide into place you and use the wrench to lock it? That's how my other adjustables have worked, but this was like I had half and inch of gap and had to screw the head onto the shaft. Didn't feel right, but maybe it is.

mine sets the same way, it goes on about half way, then as I screw it down it sits flush, no issues with it and I have adjusted it a few times. A little different than the Surefit one.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

I'll loose the screw make my adjustments put the shaft back on and loosen the screw some more then everything falls in place. Theore you keep unscrewing the easer it goes together.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='philsRHman' timestamp='1361537795' post='6478673']
The GG where I got mine had stripped theirs and couldn't get the head on or off without trouble and one of the positions wouldn't work at all.

I tried to change mine on the course the other day, and as I mentioned above, it wouldn't slide into place. I had to screw down to get it to tighten. Is that how yours is? Or does it slide into place you and use the wrench to lock it? That's how my other adjustables have worked, but this was like I had half and inch of gap and had to screw the head onto the shaft. Didn't feel right, but maybe it is.
[/quote]

Once you turn the upper sleeve to the desired position, gently slide it down. Then carefully position the line on the head to match the setting. Next, hold the club[color=#ff0000][b] VERTICALLY[/b][/color] and you are set to tighten the screw. There will be a slight gap before you tighten the screw. Take your time in tightening. All of this takes less than 10 seconds and is basically fool proof. There is no hurry needed and why should there be?

[quote name='rgk5' timestamp='1361539415' post='6478799']
[quote name='philsRHman' timestamp='1361537795' post='6478673']

[/quote]

Once you turn the upper sleeve to the desired position, gently slide it down. Then carefully position the line on the head to match the setting. Next, hold the club[color=#ff0000][b] VERTICALLY[/b][/color] and you are set to tighten the screw. There will be a slight gap before you tighten the screw. Take your time in tightening. All of this takes less than 10 seconds and is basically fool proof. There is no hurry needed and why should there be?
[/quote]

Never said it was a hurry. I said that on previous drivers (910d, Razr Fit, R11s) I never had to tighten down that gap and wanted to make sure I wasn't stripping it, or risking stripping the adapter.

Never said it was a hurry. I said that on previous drivers (910d, Razr Fit, R11s) I never had to tighten down that gap and wanted to make sure I wasn't stripping it, or risking stripping the adapter.

The hurry referral was for a previous poster. Using even reasonable due diligence and you will be fine.

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1361510378' post='6477755']
[quote name='Golfin Teacher' timestamp='1361507630' post='6477543']
Eagerly awaiting my Covert I ordered off of Ebay for $235 shipped. It's going to be delayed because of the snow, but I'm just really happy with the great deal I got :)
[/quote]

Was it the tour model?
[/quote]

Nope, just the regular edition with Kuro Kage stiff shaft.

[quote name='philsRHman' timestamp='1361649729' post='6487473']
Just cracked mine at the range. The plastic in the cavity cracked an came flying out. Ill post pics when I get home.

Guess I need to get to Golf Galaxy. This sucks.
[/quote]

i recall seeing a few of the demo heads at roger dunn with the plastic on the back cracked and wondered if this was going to be a issue

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH