TheMerryTex

[quote name='markjinc' timestamp='1363527701' post='6628649']
[quote name='PLogsdon' timestamp='1363465782' post='6624907']
[quote name='WV_Golfer' timestamp='1363196983' post='6605013']
Here is my set up

Covert Performance set to 10.5 N
GD Tour AD DI 6X
44.75 inches

I was skeptical that this shaft could live up to the hype...but it does. It's an incredible shaft. The performance head isn't too shabby either.
[/quote]

Sick set-up. I just got my adapter today and will be putting it on my AD DI-6 soon. Can't wait to hit it with this set-up, although I really didn't mind the stock shaft other than it being a little light.

[attachment=1587561:image.jpg]
[/quote]

Where did you get that extra tip????
[/quote]

I got it from GolfWorks, the same one in the link provided. I wanted to make people aware of a problem with this adapter though. The picture on the GolfWorks website shows the complete assembly, as does the picture on the assembly instructions packet that came with it (see photo) but the actual adapter DOESN'T come with the ferrule!!! If you look closely at the pic you can see that the adapter is missing the ferrule that's needed to connect the adapter to your shaft. I've called GolfWorks and they said no one could answer until Monday, so hopefully I'll know more on Monday. I was pretty furious considering it sure seems like it should come with the ferrule. I mean c'mon, whats the point of selling it without the ferrule?!?! The whole point is so you can put a different shaft into the covert, but you don't get everything you need to do the job. Really frustrating. I haven't been able to find a ferrule online anywhere either, so I guess I'll wait to hear back from GW. If they say the adapter doesn't come with the ferrule that would be criminal, especially since the ferrule isn't sold separately yet. We'll see, but I wanted to let people know and will update when I hear anything.

Titleist 917D2 10.5˚ - GD Tour AD TP-6
Titleist 915F 15˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 915F 18˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 816H1 21˚ - GD Tour AD HY 85
Nike VRS Forged 5-PW - Project X PXi
Vokey SM6 Raw 50F, 55S, 60V
Scotty Cameron 009 SSS

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='GolfMonster09' timestamp='1363570688' post='6633007']
For those that have re-shafted with the adapter - did you have to tip the new shaft at all for the adapter or did you just prep the tip and install? Have a new shaft coming in for my Tour and just want to make sure I get it right the first time. Thanks everybody!
[/quote]

the instructions that came with the adapter just say to prep the shaft a minimum of 1" and maximum of 1-1/4" from the tip. It then says "the ferrule must be installed to a depth of 1-3/16." After the shaft is installed, butt trim to desired length. So I don't think tip trimming is needed, unless your tipping it of course. I haven't actually done an install though, but I hope that helps a little.

Scotty Cameron 009 SSS

[quote name='PLogsdon' timestamp='1363576839' post='6633717']
[quote name='GolfMonster09' timestamp='1363570688' post='6633007']
For those that have re-shafted with the adapter - did you have to tip the new shaft at all for the adapter or did you just prep the tip and install? Have a new shaft coming in for my Tour and just want to make sure I get it right the first time. Thanks everybody!
[/quote]

the instructions that came with the adapter just say to prep the shaft a minimum of 1" and maximum of 1-1/4" from the tip. It then says "the ferrule must be installed to a depth of 1-3/16." After the shaft is installed, butt trim to desired length. So I don't think tip trimming is needed, unless your tipping it of course. I haven't actually done an install though, but I hope that helps a little.
[/quote]

It does help, thank you. Can't wait to replace the KK Silver. Not a bad shaft, just not as good as the Grafalloy BLUE that's replacing it. Thanks again.

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

For any of you who've ordered the FlexLoft adapter from Golfworks, I got an update today. Golfworks called me and said they assumed the ferrule was included as well, and called Nike (since it's an OEM part from Nike) and Nike informed them that it doesn't come with the ferrule. Why they would sell the adapter without all you need to install onto a shaft I will never understand. GolfWorks said they would send me a free ferrule that they have in stock, model BB9005 [url="https://www.golfworks.com/product.asp?pn=BB9005"]https://www.golfworks.com/product.asp?pn=BB9005[/url] its an old Callaway adapter. I doubt they're sending one of these to everyone who ordered the adapter, so it's prob worth your while to call them and they will send you one as well.

Scotty Cameron 009 SSS

[quote name='lovingolf90' timestamp='1363325428' post='6615471']
[quote name='TLUBulldogGolf' timestamp='1363319410' post='6615143']
I finally hit one outside today, does anyone notice the sound being a bit strange? It was unlike any driver I have hit sound wise, very straight though.
[/quote]

what do you mean? too loud?

to me it sounds similar to a titleist
[/quote]

I'll have to see if I can try one again outside, maybe it was something in the connection that was off, but the sound was loud and just different, not like a Titleist. Wasn't my best day swing wise though so I might need to give it another try, because I thought it was fairly quiet when I hit it inside.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

[quote name='kenwiggins11' timestamp='1363644357' post='6638913']
The Red Dragon has arrived !
[/quote]

wow, thats a damn good looking club!!!

G430 Max 10K 9* w/Tensei Orange 1K 70TX

BRNR Mini 13.5* w/Tensei Pro White 70TX
TSr3 18* w/Tensei AV Raw White 85TX 2.0

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW w/MMT 125TX

W/S Forged 50* w/DG S400

Mg4 56*, 60* w/DG S400

Spider S
TP5X 24'

[quote name='redhead' timestamp='1363649803' post='6639547']
A bit out of topic, here Tiger as a Dick's Sporting Goods sales rep selling a Covert:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sSN30cyOV18

Ooops, sorry, here's the correct link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9oItwKDJ2A4
[/quote]

Lol, that video with Mark is great!

[quote name='PLogsdon' timestamp='1363636310' post='6637947']
For any of you who've ordered the FlexLoft adapter from Golfworks, I got an update today. Golfworks called me and said they assumed the ferrule was included as well, and called Nike (since it's an OEM part from Nike) and Nike informed them that it doesn't come with the ferrule. Why they would sell the adapter without all you need to install onto a shaft I will never understand. GolfWorks said they would send me a free ferrule that they have in stock, model BB9005 [url="https://www.golfworks.com/product.asp?pn=BB9005"]https://www.golfwork...t.asp?pn=BB9005[/url] its an old Callaway adapter. I doubt they're sending one of these to everyone who ordered the adapter, so it's prob worth your while to call them and they will send you one as well.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info.!

Bridgestone Tour B - X driver + FUJIKURA Speeder757 Evolution III 
Cobra F8 Tour 3-wood + ALDILA NV Green 75s
BRIDGESTONE Tour B XD-H 21* + Nippon NS Pro950 UT
Irons: MIZUNO Pro221 + DG S300
Mizuno MP-T5/MP-T22

BETTINARDI BB-1f 

BRIDGESTONE TOUR B RX 

like i said in the other thread here, the main reason they put that cavity on the bottom part of there new red driver was so that you could pack some tequilla out on the course and have something to the effect of drinking tequilla shotsd, hey why not if you forgot the shot glasses at home and you want to throwe in some style

I saw someone posted that he ordered at 44.25 and was thinking it would end up less than 44! ?? So if I were to order at 45, what would the length be using a device that measures from butt to mid sole?

Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
TM M2 3 wood
King Cobra F6 5 wood
Titleist 816 H1 21 hybrid
Wilson Staff V6 Forged 5-GW
Mizuno T7 56
Evnroll ER1

Don't be jealous. I have a Fujikura Motore Speeder vc 6.2 ts in mine with a red/white Lampkin grip and it is Red Hot. Love the Oban shaft as I almost went that route. It's a sweet looking driver

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Well stupid me decided to head to Dicks today to see if there was anything I really wanted before heading out to myrtle beach tomorrow for a few days. I had previously hit the covert performance at another store and loved it but at the time was not ready to purchase. My gamer driver is a 2009 burner with a v2 stiff shaft at 44.25". I've had almost every new option 910 d2 d3, i20, r11, r11s and a few more. I really fight with spin, like good spin for me is 3200-3500 rpm haha. Although I am a good driver of the ball, I hit it pretty far and play a power fade/cut. ANYWAY my local dicks sporting goods only had one covert driver left, a performance head with the stock red stiff shaft. Its 9:30 in the morning and I am literally barely awake and these are the numbers I produce.

photo-7_zps68d14d5c.jpg

Needless to say I am pretty pleased! The two shots in the middle at 2600rpm and 3100rpm were me deliberately trying to put spin on the ball to see what would happen. The only thing I really hate about dicks simulator is the yellow line down the middle because if the ball starts to the left of it then it draws and if it starts to the right then it fades so I really can't look at the deviation numbers, especially since I literally never draw the ball and it showed me drawing it. Well I ended up purchasing the driver and am really excited to use it. Hopefully it performs as well as my vr pro ltd 3 wood!

Mavrik Sub Zero 8* AD DI 6X

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 13.5*

Callaway Apex UW 17* AD DI 7X

Callaway Apex UT 2 iron  Smoke Black

Sub 70 TC raw 4-pw  KBS 120 Black
Taylormade Hi-Toe 52 and 58

Odyssey 7s Stroke Lab

Well stupid me decided to head to Dicks today to see if there was anything I really wanted before heading out to myrtle beach tomorrow for a few days. I had previously hit the covert performance at another store and loved it but at the time was not ready to purchase. My gamer driver is a 2009 burner with a v2 stiff shaft at 44.25". I've had almost every new option 910 d2 d3, i20, r11, r11s and a few more. I really fight with spin, like good spin for me is 3200-3500 rpm haha. Although I am a good driver of the ball, I hit it pretty far and play a power fade/cut. ANYWAY my local dicks sporting goods only had one covert driver left, a performance head with the stock red stiff shaft. Its 9:30 in the morning and I am literally barely awake and these are the numbers I produce.

photo-7_zps68d14d5c.jpg

Needless to say I am pretty pleased! The two shots in the middle at 2600rpm and 3100rpm were me deliberately trying to put spin on the ball to see what would happen. The only thing I really hate about dicks simulator is the yellow line down the middle because if the ball starts to the left of it then it draws and if it starts to the right then it fades so I really can't look at the deviation numbers, especially since I literally never draw the ball and it showed me drawing it. Well I ended up purchasing the driver and am really excited to use it. Hopefully it performs as well as my vr pro ltd 3 wood!

Give us a update after you get a couple of rounds with it under your belt.

photo-7_zps68d14d5c.jpg

I've never seen a 14* angle of descent before these results. The deviations displayed are not promising.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 10*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

photo-7_zps68d14d5c.jpg

I've never seen a 14* angle of descent before these results. The deviations displayed are not promising.

Read the paragraph underneath the picture...

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 13.5*

Odyssey 7s Stroke Lab

photo-7_zps68d14d5c.jpg

I did. If your ball path is starting to either side of the line then the curves are accentuated because of club head path and face angle, fairly easy to do for a player at your level.

photo-7_zps68d14d5c.jpg

I did. If your ball path is starting to either side of the line then the curves are accentuated because of club head path and face angle, fairly easy to do for a player at your level.

Just so we can be clear we are on the same page. On the simulator going straight up and down the middle of the screen is a yellow line. Now its not that hard to aim to either side of the line. If I hit the ball to the left side of the line EVEN if i play a huge cut/hook it shows the ball with a draw and the farther out you aim from the yellow line the more it will draw/fade no matter what you do. Hence this is the reason for the huge dispersion rate...and even if you take that into account the 2 shots that we incredibly off were the two in the middle in which I deliberately tried to mishit the ball to see what kind of numbers I would get and how the club would feel. Just doing the best I can...for someone at my level??

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 13.5*

Odyssey 7s Stroke Lab

What I meant was that with a player of your skill, it should be relatively easy to correct but not on that device. Find yourself a good Flightscope, Trackman or Foresight, and then make an informed decision on the driver's merits or lack thereof.

[quote name='rgk5' timestamp='1363736636' post='6646707']
What I meant was that with a player of your skill, it should be relatively easy to correct but not on that device. Find yourself a good Flightscope, Trackman or Foresight, and then make an informed decision on the driver's merits or lack thereof.
[/quote]

I gotcha, but what I didn't show was my burner driver results and I was picking up quite a few yards and and spin was down around 700 rpm and ball speed jumped from my best with the burner of 158 to 164. I've never seen my ball speeds that high. I'm excited by the driver and I love the feel.

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 13.5*

Odyssey 7s Stroke Lab

Well, I took the plunge. I went to Roger Dun yesterday and hit the performance and the tour models. Just because i have never really trusted LM numbes inside a store, I took my S3 driver and 3wood in with me. After hitting 10 balls with my club, I then hit 10 balls with the corresponding covert club. I must say I was impressed. I dropped about 500 rpms of backspin with the driver and a little more than 300 rpm of backspin with the 3wood. I also picked up 13 yards of distance with the 3wood and 17/18 yards with the driver.
Funny thing was, my launch numbers were way too high with the performance head and the red shaft. We switched to teh silver shaft and it tightened everything up with the driver. The performance 3wood was worse than my S3 in almost every category. Once i switched to the tour 3 wood though, it was a different world.
I will give them both a real world testing on Friday at my home course to see what happens. Wish me luck.

Driver - Ping G430 9.0*  Mitsubishi Diamana ZF Series 60 stiff 
3W - Ping G425 Max  Mitsubishi Diamana ZF Series 70 stiff 

7W - Ping G425 Max  Mitsubishi Diamana ZF Series 70 stiff 

4 Hybrid - Ping G425 AD DI 95S
Irons - Ping i525 Black dot Project x IO S
Wedges -Artisan 54* & 58* Modus 115 S
Putter - Evnroll ER2 Classic

I spent an hour or so demoing the tour head last weekend in Golf Smith. At first I was hitting the Ping Anser, and had about 285 total distance. They had the foresight golf setup, which will show a target circle as an average of all your shots, and the Anser circle was pretty tight and showing a slight draw or just left of center landing point. I started hitting the Covert Tour and total distance went up, most of them showed just over 300 yards. But the thing I noticed was the shot dispersion, it was going left, right and center (and long). I ended up hitting almost every S and X shaft they had in the fitting bag, unfortunately the Nike rep didn't know much about the different shaft options. No shaft really stood out to me for dispersion, I'd get comfortable with the shaft, hit about 10 balls and throw out any bad shots. The target circle would be massive, encompassing both halves of the range, from 280-300 yards. I did hit the Anser towards the end of the session, and again had the same small draw very consistent shot pattern. Maybe it was me, maybe the particular head, but I can't give up consistency for distance, don't think it is worth it.

Since the "Red Dragon" is a little bit above me here, I thought I'd post "The Patriot".

Covert Tour set to 9.5 Neutral
Grafalloy BLUE 65X Tipped 1/2"
Playing length 45"
Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound Whiteout - Blue

RED - WHITE - BLUE - 'MURRICA!!!

[attachment=1593985:patriot.jpg]

[attachment=1593987:patriot address.jpg]

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

[quote name='GolfMonster09' timestamp='1363801966' post='6651661']
Since the "Red Dragon" is a little bit above me here, I thought I'd post "The Patriot".

Covert Tour set to 9.5 Neutral
Grafalloy BLUE 65X Tipped 1/2"
Playing length 45"
Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound Whiteout - Blue

RED - WHITE - BLUE - 'MURRICA!!!

[attachment=1593985:patriot.jpg]

[attachment=1593987:patriot address.jpg]
[/quote]

Wow that looks awesome! I really like it