2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Nike Covert users

TheMerryTex

Covert Tour Driver with a Fubuki K 60 Stiff tipped 1/2" set to 9.5 neutral. Covert Tour 3 wood with a Kuro Kage Silver 70 set to 14 left. Covert Tour 3 hybrid with a Kuro Kage 80 set to 19 right.

Taylormade M5 9.0° w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke 
Taylormade r7 TP 13° w/ Fujikura Vista Pro 80 
Taylormade UDI TP 18° w/ KBS C-Taper S
Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-P w/ Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold S400
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played my first 9 holes with my covert tour yesterday. It was around 55* and very wet here still in Milwaukee.

Oh boy am I excited for the rest of the year with this driver. I have it set to 10.5 left(miss is way right) with a fuji motore ts 6.2 x flex at 44.75 inches. I will say that I am swinging better and much more consistent than I ever have with the driver. With that, this thing is unbelievable!! The reason I say this is because of its "forgiveness" when it comes to spin. This thing is no more forgiving from left to right than any other driver I have owned but what I noticed was how far my occasional high ball miss went. Every now and then I will hit a moon ball that spins like a top and goes maybe 250 at best. But last night in the colder weather I hit one that felt and launched like this 250 yd moonball of my past but the ball just kept going and going. I walked it off to right about 280. I could not believe it!!! Never in my life have a seen a ball flight like that on a miss hit. Now well struck shots are a whole different story. They feel like a pured iron shot with a mizuno blade and launch and with no spin. This club is a joy to hit and look at!!If I can drive it like I did last night, this year will be the most fun I have ever had on the golf course

G430 Max 10K 9* w/Tensei Orange 1K 70TX

BRNR Mini 13.5* w/Tensei Pro White 70TX
TSr3 18* w/Tensei AV Raw White 85TX 2.0

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW w/MMT 125TX

W/S Forged 50* w/DG S400

Mg4 56*, 60* w/DG S400

Spider S
TP5X 24'

Just got a Covert Tour 3 wood can't wait to take this out on the course Sunday! I chose this over the Anser and the RBZ Stage 2. The Covert felt so solid off every shot, the feel was amazing, especially compared to the Anser. Also the amount of adjustability you have on this club really sold me.

Nike Vapor Fly 11*
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 2.0 13*
Adams IDEA super DHY 18*
Ping s56 3-PW
Ping Tour-S 56*
Ping Tour-S 52*
[url="Odyssey%20Metal-X%20#1"]WITB Link[/url]

Been thinking about the Nike a lot lately. Had the Performance at the beginning of the year which i really liked and after tyring my buddies R1, traded the Nike for the R1 but after a few weeks, i think the honeymoon might be over. Anyone try the R1 vs. Covert Tour and thoughts?

For me, the Covert Performance was longer but my misses with the R1 seemed better (although after the honeymoon, i think it might be the indian and not the arrow lol). The feel and sound of the NIke is definetly better and I like the deep red compared to the R1.

what to do, what to do

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

First round today with mine. Performance head, tour spec speeder 6.3, started at 10.5 neutral, found my setting at 9.5 left and was hitting it better than I've hit driver in a long time, with past drivers being razr fit, rbz, 910 and 913d3. Really happy with it! I do kind of wish I got the tour head so I may be on the lookout for one soon!

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

[quote name='sbjinx' timestamp='1365637793' post='6805749']
Been thinking about the Nike a lot lately. Had the Performance at the beginning of the year which i really liked and after tyring my buddies R1, traded the Nike for the R1 but after a few weeks, i think the honeymoon might be over. Anyone try the R1 vs. Covert Tour and thoughts?

For me, the Covert Performance was longer but my misses with the R1 seemed better (although after the honeymoon, i think it might be the indian and not the arrow lol). The feel and sound of the NIke is definetly better and I like the deep red compared to the R1.

what to do, what to do
[/quote]

I have both. The R1 made the bag but the CT is longer by far. I need to get a different shaft in the CT to give it a better shot. I'm not a fan of the Kuro Kage at all.

I alternate 2 shafts in my Covert Tour. Tour AD DI 7 or Speeder Tour Spec VC 6.2. Both are absolutely awesome in this head. Not a fan of KK Silver either really. Tour AD DI might be longer on the best strikes, but the Speeder TS is probably the overall winner as the dispersion is better. Have only had the TS for 2 days, but it is incredible... Very stable shaft.

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Blue 6X

Titleist TSR3 14.5* GD AD IZ 7X

Titleist T200 3 iron GD AD DI HY

Titleist T150 4-PW DG Tour White

Titleist Vokey 48*, 54*, 60* DG Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

[quote name='Kylekoz17' timestamp='1365641731' post='6806319']
First round today with mine. Performance head, tour spec speeder 6.3, started at 10.5 neutral, found my setting at 9.5 left and was hitting it better than I've hit driver in a long time, with past drivers being razr fit, rbz, 910 and 913d3. Really happy with it! I do kind of wish I got the tour head so I may be on the lookout for one soon!
[/quote]

May I ask what shaft/head combo you were playing before? I'm interested in picking up a Covert Tour and shafting it with the TS 6.3, but have not heard much about this shaft as it is still relatively new. What are your initial impressions? I currently play a GD Tour AD BB-6s and am wondering how they compare.

Bridgestone Tour B - X driver + FUJIKURA Speeder757 Evolution III 
Cobra F8 Tour 3-wood + ALDILA NV Green 75s
BRIDGESTONE Tour B XD-H 21* + Nippon NS Pro950 UT
Irons: MIZUNO Pro221 + DG S300
Mizuno MP-T5/MP-T22

BETTINARDI BB-1f 

BRIDGESTONE TOUR B RX 

Is anyone else using the same shaft as me?

UST Proforce V2 stiff, tipped 1 inch.

I am friends with the local Nike Rep, he had built the shaft for himself, I tried the KK on a demo day, was too soft for me, swapped that out and put his in.

Boom, we struck a deal there and then.

This club is automatic, had struggled with an RBZ Tour for 8 months after breaking old faithful which was a Cleveland XLS Tour.

Set up my covert tour with a project X Black 6.5 but only got to hit it once on the range and once on the course so far. In the limited time I've had so far I really think this one is going to be a winner but seems like it will be very pick with the shaft choice. I should have went 7.0 with the PX Black; live and learn. Looks, sounds and feels better than my F12 LS (which isn't saying much) but I've never hit a driver better than I have with the F12.

photo1_zps13ea25ba.jpg

photo2_zps019d3278.jpg

I think only a matter of time before.......

photo3_zps495cebc2.jpg

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

I have a Covert Performance with stock Regular Flex shaft. I played 9 holes yesterday to compare against my G25 12 with TFC 800 Regular flex shaft. First hole was straight down wind and rest were mostly in/across. Not scientific but just results measured with GPS. Nike was carry and roll, Ping was mostly all carry. My driver swing speed is 95-98 mph and I usually drive in the 230-240 range.

G25 Covert
245 267
237 241
201 201
236 234
225 233

G25 definitely launched higher with more spin. I played an Anser for a while and the G25 is definitely more forgiving and has more spin which I probably need. I'm going to play 18 with Covert today set at 11.5 & neutral.

PXG Gen4 0811 X 9
PXG Gen4 0341 X 5

Ping G410 19 Hybrid

PXG Gen4 4 Hybrid

Titleist T400 5-49W
Titleist Vokey SM7 56
Ping TR Nome

Using the Tour with the stock shaft. Set to 9.5 and a smidge closed face.

I've been really impressed with this club so far. Came from a VRS that I never really fell in love with. I play the same course 80% of the time and know where I usually am off the tee on every hole. The Covert has definitely improved my game off the tee. Seems like I get more out of smooth swings with it versus the VRS. With the VRS I really had to go after it a little more than I would have liked, but with the Covert I can stay more in control and still hit it long and in the short grass.

Definitely worth the upgrade this year.

[quote name='Mizunofan' timestamp='1365652700' post='6807779']

May I ask what shaft/head combo you were playing before? I'm interested in picking up a Covert Tour and shafting it with the TS 6.3, but have not heard much about this shaft as it is still relatively new. What are your initial impressions? I currently play a GD Tour AD BB-6s and am wondering how they compare.
[/quote]

913d3 with ad di. The ad di was smoother but I prefer the tour spec because I feel like the feedback is better. It just felt like it had more pop to me. Not sure if it did or not but it just felt that way to me.

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

[quote name='Kylekoz17' timestamp='1365687461' post='6809239']
[quote name='Mizunofan' timestamp='1365652700' post='6807779']

[/quote]

913d3 with ad di. The ad di was smoother but I prefer the tour spec because I feel like the feedback is better. It just felt like it had more pop to me. Not sure if it did or not but it just felt that way to me.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I certainly cannot fault the BB for being super-smooth, I'm just looking for something a little stiffer in the tip.

Bridgestone Tour B - X driver + FUJIKURA Speeder757 Evolution III 
Cobra F8 Tour 3-wood + ALDILA NV Green 75s
BRIDGESTONE Tour B XD-H 21* + Nippon NS Pro950 UT
Irons: MIZUNO Pro221 + DG S300
Mizuno MP-T5/MP-T22

BETTINARDI BB-1f 

BRIDGESTONE TOUR B RX 

i have a question for anyone who special ordered their clubs through Nike - how long did it take to show up? This isn't if a shaft needed special ordered by Nike or any backorder. I ordered a covert performance 3-wood about 2 weeks ago and was wondering how long it normally takes.

Titleist 917D2 10.5˚ - GD Tour AD TP-6
Titleist 915F 15˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 915F 18˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 816H1 21˚ - GD Tour AD HY 85
Nike VRS Forged 5-PW - Project X PXi
Vokey SM6 Raw 50F, 55S, 60V
Scotty Cameron 009 SSS

[quote name='PLogsdon' timestamp='1365832113' post='6826779']
i have a question for anyone who special ordered their clubs through Nike - how long did it take to show up? This isn't if a shaft needed special ordered by Nike or any backorder. I ordered a covert performance 3-wood about 2 weeks ago and was wondering how long it normally takes.
[/quote]

Mine came in 12 days total. So you will probably see yours this week. Go Pens btw!

[quote name='OPIE98LMB' timestamp='1365892075' post='6834333']
[quote name='PLogsdon' timestamp='1365832113' post='6826779']
[/quote]

Mine came in 12 days total. So you will probably see yours this week. Go Pens btw!
[/quote]

thats good news. it's been 15 days so far so hopefully i'll get it soon. I ordered through Golfsmith who then orders from Nike but I don't think that would slow it down much. hopefully this week... and yes GO PENS haha

Titleist 917D2 10.5˚ - GD Tour AD TP-6
Titleist 915F 15˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 915F 18˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 816H1 21˚ - GD Tour AD HY 85
Nike VRS Forged 5-PW - Project X PXi
Vokey SM6 Raw 50F, 55S, 60V
Scotty Cameron 009 SSS

Mine came in about 12 days as well.

Driver:  Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max / Ventus Blue Velocore

3 Wood: Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max/ Ventus Blue Velocore

Hybrid:  Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid & Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max
Irons:  Ping G525 w/ Axiom 75s
Wedges:  Callaway Jaws Raw 52 & 58
Putter: Evnroll ER5vB
Bag: Vessel 2.0 Stand Bag (Black) & Vessel Lite Stand Bag (White)
Ball: Titleist AVX

Shoe: Nike or Jordans

It took a while to arrive from Nike but she finally made it! Prior to making my ultimate selection, I played several rounds with both the Performance and Tour models. At the end of the day, I was more noticeably more consistent with the Performance model. However, I preferred the Tour model shaft.

Nike VR_S Covert Performance Model (Set to 9.5 Degrees; Neutral)

Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver 60G Stiff Flex

Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompound

Pics:

IMG_2476_zps745b6f2e.jpg

IMG_2477_zps5d0673b6.jpg

IMG_2478_zps705f569e.jpg

IMG_2479_zpsb7c4ddc4.jpg

My setup:

Covert Tour - set at 9.5 neutral
Fubuki Tour 63 X
Tour Velvet wrapped to midsized

This is by far the best driver I tested from this years crop. Thing is long and straight, almost impossible to mishit.

Taylormade M1 460 - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 fairway - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 hybrids 4&5 - Aldila Rouge 110
Taylormade PSi Tour irons - KBS Tour
Taylormade EF Wedges ATV Grind - KBS Wedge
Nike Method Mod 60

Covert Tour, set 8.5* and left, 45"
Diamana 'Ahina S tipped to S+ (.75")
GP Z Grip (2 wraps)

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

My covert tour is the best driver I have ever had!!!

W/S Forged 50* w/DG S400

Mg4 56*, 60* w/DG S400

Spider S
TP5X 24'

[quote name='shanka' timestamp='1366153821' post='6860295']
For those of you that use the Covert Tour, what is your SS and shaft? i do see a lot of posts of people that are using aftermarket shafts, is the KK Silver not that impressive? How would you users describe the forgiveness of the Covert Tour? Very interested...Thanks.
[/quote]

[quote name='shanka' timestamp='1366153821' post='6860295']
For those of you that use the Covert Tour, what is your SS and shaft? i do see a lot of posts of people that are using aftermarket shafts, is the KK Silver not that impressive? How would you users describe the forgiveness of the Covert Tour? Very interested...Thanks.
[/quote]

My swing speed is 115-118 and I decided to put the fujikura motore speeder ts 6.2 x in the club. My golf buddy recommended it and I'm glad he did. Reminds me of the whiteboard slightly. Never even tried the KK. I'd say its moderately forgiving left to right but very good on distance on miss hits. My high miss on the face with other drivers use to spin like a top but it seems with the covert tour my spin rate is kept very much in check with high and low on the face misses

W/S Forged 50* w/DG S400

Mg4 56*, 60* w/DG S400

Spider S
TP5X 24'

I have the covert tour with a GD BB 6 x flex tipped 1/2" @ 45 1/4" long. Setting is 10.5 left (I am a lefty). Great golf club. I am going to test against a ping Anser with a GD DI6 next week. Can't wait. The nike is great though. Highly recommended with the correct shaft.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5* open 1* D5SW 45 1/4” PO 60TX tipped 1”
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* 43” PO 80TX tipped 1 1/2”
Taylor Made M3 19* 42” PO 90TX tipped 1 1/2” 
Titleist U500 3 iron 40” PO 100TX tipped 1 1/2”
Titleist T100 4-PW PX LZ 6.5
Vokey SM7 52&60 KBS Tour 125
Cameron Pro Platinum Newport2
Titleist ProV1X and left dash