What kind of dress shoes do you wear?

Gripit_Swiftit

Pretty excited. I have been off the shoe game for a while now. I haven't bought a pair of leather shoes on about a year now. Only tennis shoes and golf shoes. Going full casual dress at work really changed my game up.

But, today, I got the email about 20% all clearance items at allen Edmonds. I ordered a pair of the Odenwald chukka boots in dark brown. About an hour later I spotted the Eagle County boots on their site and on sale. I have always loved this boot but didn't want to drop $350 on them. I waited for them to go on sale but they discontinued them and I haven't seen them on the AE in a long time (like a year or something). Today they popped up, on clearance and 20% off that. Nabbed them for like $220! Pretty excited about that. Now I need to decide if I keep both boots I bought once they show up....

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you know your size, never shy away from AE deals on eBay as well, there are NIB deals a lot. Especially, especially if you have a abnormal shoe size. I wear a size 14 in gym shoes but I'm a 13AA in dress shoes and regularly pick up AE shoes in the $120-$150 range brand new due to them not selling in physical stores. Nothing wrong with new AE shoes from eBay. I have several pairs of Park Avenues and Sanfords just because you can't pass those up at $130. Most of them are Buy It Now (or Best Offer) for $200 but they all take well below that.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

I just received the Daltons and even at width E, they are still a little too tight. I know that the leather should break in but it is very uncomfortable. I'm more than likely going to return it, but it sucks cause the guy I talked to said that they are going to discontinue the Dainite sole for the Daltons. They have another Dalton in the Bourbon color instead of the Walnut with a wider size, so I may have to go with that.

Having some messed up toes already, I feel like it'll be a bad choice to keep this size and mess up my feet even more.

Really disappointed :(

Testing: Sim2 8*, Mizuno ST-G 220

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Cleveland Mashie 15.5*

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI/Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Three

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo comfortable, cant wait to hit the links with these Ecco's

2u89xky.jpg

24ni8aw.jpg

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

i feel like there is always this battle between AE and Alden shoes and for me, i have an interesting relationship with one of the companies. Most of my life (35 now) I have been an AE guy as i love the consistent fit, quality (i own many shell cordovans) and look. a few years ago i started dating this girl who eventually became my wife. Low and behold her family is deeply rooted in the Alden shoe company.

naturally, i was super excited about this and i have since bought many shoes at cost prices. However, if i had to honestly choose between AE and Alden, i would go AE 99% of the time. Why? it really comes down to style and fit. Aldens in general are built for larger guys and at 5'7" their shoes dont really fit me. they are incredibly boxy and large and just dont fit my style. AE sizes fit me a whole lot better especially the boots. Alden boots not only look huge but their sizing is all over the place according to the models. Obviously quality is top notch at Alden but again the vast majority of Alden shoes run and look quite large.

just my 2 cents.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 8* - Ventus Black TR 5x

3W -Ping G430 LST - Ventus Black TR 7x

5W - TM Qi10 Tour - Ventus Black TR 7x

2i - Srixon ZX MK II Axiom 105X

4-6 T200 Axiom 105s

7-AW T150 Axion 105s

54S SM9 - Accra Iseries Red

60T SM9 - Accra Iseries Red

Bettinardi QB14 LA Golf

i feel like there is always this battle between AE and Alden shoes and for me, i have an interesting relationship with one of the companies. Most of my life (35 now) I have been an AE guy as i love the consistent fit, quality (i own many shell cordovans) and look. a few years ago i started dating this girl who eventually became my wife. Low and behold her family is deeply rooted in the Alden shoe company.

naturally, i was super excited about this and i have since bought many shoes at cost prices. However, if i had to honestly choose between AE and Alden, i would go AE 99% of the time. Why? it really comes down to style and fit. Aldens in general are built for larger guys and at 5'7" their shoes dont really fit me. they are incredibly boxy and large and just dont fit my style. AE sizes fit me a whole lot better especially the boots. Alden boots not only look huge but their sizing is all over the place according to the models. Obviously quality is top notch at Alden but again the vast majority of Alden shoes run and look quite large.

just my 2 cents.

Alden has several lasts and not all are boxy. The Trubalance last is used on the Indy boots and the toe is obviously boxy and its wider. The Barrie last is he most common, but the Grant and Plaza lasts are not boxy at all and are true to brannock sizing whereas Barrie most go half size down and up to a full size down for Trubalance. I've never been a big AE guy. Most of the time I have a hard time during the break in period and prefer to just avoid it.

• 4 months later...

I ended up selling my Vibergs late last year, thankfully I still got @ 90% of what I had into them - so I was happy about that. Just never got broken in or comfortable enough.

Picked up a pair of Wolverine Chukkas earlier this year though, they are great. Very happy for the price.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I ended up selling my Vibergs late last year, thankfully I still got @ 90% of what I had into them - so I was happy about that. Just never got broken in or comfortable enough.

Picked up a pair of Wolverine Chukkas earlier this year though, they are great. Very happy for the price.

That's amazing you got that much back on your Viberg's. Which last did you have? I know 2030 isn't for everyone with a narrower toe box.

To keep the conversation going...after 18 months of wearing my 3sixteen ST-100x five times a week, I've since semi-retired them added a pair of ST-130x and ST-44x to my rotation. Went ahead and got a Tanner Goods Standard Belt and Utility Billfold too. Also picked up two pair of Filling Pieces sneakers during their summer sale a couple weeks ago - Low Top Classic Black and Low Top Perforated White.

To keep the conversation going...after 18 months of wearing my 3sixteen ST-100x five times a week, I've since semi-retired them added a pair of ST-130x and ST-44x to my rotation. Went ahead and got a Tanner Goods Standard Belt and Utility Billfold too. Also picked up two pair of Filling Pieces sneakers during their summer sale a couple weeks ago - Low Top Classic Black and Low Top Perforated White.

Digging them sneakers for sure. How did the 3sixteen's fade? I don't think they stretch as much as some other brands. I've been rotating between a pair of Rogue Territory x Blue Owl slub SKs and Pure Blue Japan xx-012. Love how the fades are coming in.

I just got a brown leather belt from Tanner on their second's sale. Need a new wallet tho. Check out Ewing Dry Goods and Vermilyea Pelle too. Really nice handmade stuff.

Let us know how you like Rancourt. I've seen some stuff they've collaborated on with Taylor Stitch and it looked good.

I'm curious as well... I've been eyeing these too

Let us know how you like Rancourt. I've seen some stuff they've collaborated on with Taylor Stitch and it looked good.

I have owned 4 pairs of Rancourts. Excellent stuff, the only thing I don't like is the wear rate on the single leather soles. Super comfortable, I'm wearing their Ranger Mocs today.

Offhand, is anyone interested in a used pair of 9D Oak Street black trenchboots? The Dainite has almost no wear on the sole. Talking, cheap cheap in relation to the retail price.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

• 4 months later...

As I've stated before, I'm a creature of habit and stick with what works for me, whether it be blades, cars or shoes(AE for dress and Golf, Bass, Bean & CH for casual). My cowboy boots are Paul Bond customs.

That being said, I do have a few pair of the Doc Marten MIE shoes and while they are nice enough, I guess I never drank the kool-aid cuz while they were ok, the styling is a little different than my tastes runs.

So Maddie has a student who owns a big independent shoe store in town and I guess that they were talking after a lesson and she said that I've had a rough couple of weeks and she wanted to get me something and asked him as a guy, what would he suggest.

Well, obviously he thinks of shoes/boots, and as I buy all of my AE, CH and Docs(all 2 pair of em, lol) from him, he said that he had a "stash" of of limited edition, vintage and not your run of the mill shoes/boots and he had the perfect pair in mind.

So she drops in and he takes her back to his office and then opens a door in the back and it's like a huge walk-in and it's about three times deeper than hers at home, shoes floor to ceiling three sides around and 6 pair each on either side of door, again floor to ceiling. It had a ladder like the old style libraries that went to the top shelf and tracked around the closet on wheels.

So he goes in and pushes the ladder back and climbs up and took a pair of wing-tip Docs off of the top shelf(top pics below).

Turns out they're a MIE LE pair of Anthony's. Released a few years ago I guess. The blue pin dot material is silk from a 9th gen tie maker from outside London that Doc works with. At first I was like "WTF," lol, however once I put em on with black slacks or jeans, I like em. They're different and out of the ordinary, sorta like me, lmao.

She got the second pair cuz she thought they'd look good with boot jeans, which I wear alot, lol. They're nothing special I don't think though they too were in the closet/back room however I'm changing the laces to black cuz they look like a pair of friggin hockey skates minus the blades with white laces. The steel toe could come in handy at the bar, lol.

I looked at their online catalogue and they have some sweet a** boots that I was unaware of and I'm going to get the Anthonys in brown(non LE boots) with a brown silk and a few other pairs of their MIE boots.

Thanks Sweetie, you're the best :)

Lovingly to Madison, to the rest of ya, I send my Best, hahaha,

Me

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

As I've stated before, I'm a creature of habit and stick with what works for me, whether it be blades, cars or shoes(AE for dress and Golf, Bass, Bean & CH for casual). My cowboy boots are Paul Bond customs.

That being said, I do have a few pair of the Doc Marten MIE shoes and while they are nice enough, I guess I never drank the kool-aid cuz while they were ok, the styling is a little different than my tastes runs.

So Maddie has a student who owns a big independent shoe store in town and I guess that they were talking after a lesson and she said that I've had a rough couple of weeks and she wanted to get me something and asked him as a guy, what would he suggest.

Well, obviously he thinks of shoes/boots, and as I buy all of my AE, CH and Docs(all 2 pair of em, lol) from him, he said that he had a "stash" of of limited edition, vintage and not your run of the mill shoes/boots and he had the perfect pair in mind.

So she drops in and he takes her back to his office and then opens a door in the back and it's like a huge walk-in and it's about three times deeper than hers at home, shoes floor to ceiling three sides around and 6 pair each on either side of door, again floor to ceiling. It had a ladder like the old style libraries that went to the top shelf and tracked around the closet on wheels.

So he goes in and pushes the ladder back and climbs up and took a pair of wing-tip Docs(Anthony) off the top shelf(top pics below).

Turns out they're a MIE LE pair of Anthony's. Released a few years ago I guess. The blue pin dot material is silk from a 9th gen tie maker from outside London that Doc works with. At first I was like "WTF," lol, however once I put em on with black slacks or jeans, I like em. They're different and out of the ordinary, sorta like me, lmao.

She got the second pair cuz she thought they'd look good with boot jeans, which I wear alot, lol. They're nothing special I don't think though they too were in the closet/back room however I'm changing the laces to black cuz they look like a pair of friggin hockey skates minus the blades with white laces. The steel toe could come in handy at the bar, lol.

I looked at their online catalogue and they have some sweet a** boots that I was unaware of and I'm going to get the Anthonys in brown(non LE boots) with a brown silk and a few other pairs of their MIE boots.

Thanks Sweetie, you're the best :)

Lovingly to Madison, to the rest of ya, I send my Best, hahaha,

Me

Those are pretty sick. I can see how those would look really cool with certain looks.

I like unique shoes.

Been away from this awesome thread for awhile and had a couple updates on purchases. First, I decided to give OSB Natural CXL a try--pretty impressed with the quality and the relative ease of breaking in. Only tweak I'll eventually make is add a dainite sole down the road. The construction is awesome and people notice them everywhere I go. Can't wait for them to darken up a bit and build some character! Black Friday purchase so the price was an easier pill to swallow.

fBtmneK.jpg

lEItJlS.jpg

And perhaps my favorite purchase last year: Truman CF Stead Waxy Mohawk in Snuff. Love the flesh out look and I do not baby these things. If you want some unique offerings and Viberg prices scare you...these guys in Colorado do it right. Love the stitch down and their CS is top notch. Will probably get something again from them in 2017. I'm hoping they refresh some Horween waxed flesh offerings.

eG2onGs.jpg

nhVbpbd.jpg

2Fzi5f7.jpg

Been away from this awesome thread for awhile and had a couple updates on purchases. First, I decided to give OSB Natural CXL a try--pretty impressed with the quality and the relative ease of breaking in. Only tweak I'll eventually make is add a dainite sole down the road. The construction is awesome and people notice them everywhere I go. Can't wait for them to darken up a bit and build some character! Black Friday purchase so the price was an easier pill to swallow.

fBtmneK.jpg

lEItJlS.jpg

And perhaps my favorite purchase last year: Truman CF Stead Waxy Mohawk in Snuff. Love the flesh out look and I do not baby these things. If you want some unique offerings and Viberg prices scare you...these guys in Colorado do it right. Love the stitch down and their CS is top notch. Will probably get something again from them in 2017. I'm hoping they refresh some Horween waxed flesh offerings.

eG2onGs.jpg

nhVbpbd.jpg

2Fzi5f7.jpg

Thise are some sweet boots, especially the Truman's

Nicely Played!!

Enjoy them :)

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

fBtmneK.jpg

lEItJlS.jpg

eG2onGs.jpg

nhVbpbd.jpg

2Fzi5f7.jpg

I have a pair of Truman's on brown waxed flesh that are aging great. They take a pretty good beating.

• 2 weeks later...

I hit up the thrift stores a few times a week and collect what ever is worth buying. I have a few pairs of Ecco for daily beatings. Some older Italian and American J&M's, a few pairs of AE, Cole Haan, Salvatore Ferragamo along with a few nice vintage pieces. Needless to say the wife hates when I walk in with a new pair :)

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

• 1 year later...