2013 CN Canadian Womens Open

Watching the TSN broadcast reminds me of back in the day when CBC used to broadcast the Men's Canadian Open.

They would get a hockey announcer (Danny Gallivan) and Jim Nelford to do the talking and what seemed like 3 guys walking around the course with hand held cameras doing the camera work. Very amateur production and hard to watch.

At least for this tournament it is a co-production with the Golf Channel and Rod Black at least knows quite a bit a out golf.

Driver: Titleist  Tsi2
FW's: Callaway Rogue 4w
Hybrids: X2 Hot 3&4
Irons: Ping G410 Reg Graphite 5-UW
Wedges: Callaway MD3 56
Handicap 9
Putter: Zing2 BeCu among others

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SlickT73' timestamp='1377291656' post='7733655']
[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1377289983' post='7733501']
Only 49 putts for Inbee after two days. That's a different level than these women can sustain.

Lexi managed 25 putts today.

[/quote]

Not surprised. I haven't been there this year, but Mayfair's greens are usually very smooth and not all that difficult.
[/quote]

The course is in fantastic shape. the poa greens are getting bumpy in the afternoon and some of the rough is way too long. morning dew is taking more time to burn off every day. This may turn into a precision approach event. Pins were actually pretty sedate today, look out for tomorrow

[quote name='imakaveli' timestamp='1377189435' post='7725854']
[quote name='LuvToGolfGuy' timestamp='1377188859' post='7725828']
[quote name='imakaveli' timestamp='1377186934' post='7725608']
[quote name='LuvToGolfGuy' timestamp='1377094260' post='7718628']
[quote name='canadianglen' timestamp='1377052006' post='7716660']
Brittany Lincicome is bigger than Caroline Hedwall. Talked to both today. one meter away. It's a pretty easy call. Just saying for the next time this "weapon" is deployed.
[/quote]

What the hell is a "meter"?
[/quote]

It's the unit of measure used by the whole world but USA, Liberia and Myanmar
[/quote]

So in other words, it's irrelevant. :D
[/quote]

Well if you spend all of your life in these countries I guess so :D
[/quote]
I see the concept ih humour hasn't quite reached Italy yet.

[quote name='canadianglen' timestamp='1377316247' post='7735625']
[quote name='SlickT73' timestamp='1377291656' post='7733655']
[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1377289983' post='7733501']
Only 49 putts for Inbee after two days. That's a different level than these women can sustain.

Lexi managed 25 putts today.

[/quote]

Not surprised. I haven't been there this year, but Mayfair's greens are usually very smooth and not all that difficult.
[/quote]

The course is in fantastic shape. the poa greens are getting bumpy in the afternoon and some of the rough is way too long. morning dew is taking more time to burn off every day. This may turn into a precision approach event. Pins were actually pretty sedate today, look out for tomorrow
[/quote]
I thought the pins were a lot harder yesterday than today. Sill haven't seen very many bombs fall, not even much from eight feet and in but I have to wonder if the greens weren't tricked up a little during the renos. I'm not a member at Mayfair so I don't recall exactly what they did over the last year to the course.

Followed Lydia Ko, and Charlie Hull's group most of the afternoon, was almost hit by Jennifer Kirby's snipe hook tee ball off 18, missed the guy getting beer at the concession by about a foot.

Good times.

TV coverage was supposed to begin at 12:30 AM. With the Barclay's weather issues it's now nearly 2 AM and coverage hasn't begun. Golf Channel actually stuck with Golf Central and 19th Hole in preference to beginning the LPGA tape.

Okay, now it's starting at 2 AM.

I had admirably refrained from commenting on tomorrow's Lincicome/Hedwall pairing. But since someone opened the door I have no doubt Brittany is technically bigger. She also carries it better. Somehow I doubt we'll be seeing Hedwall in a leg shaving commercial or anything similar.

We had our coverage at 8.30am this morning after the old guys and seeing as Freddy got finished 45 minutes late they chopped 45 minutes off the 90 minute LPGA coverage. Great! Saw all of 4 holes.

Brittany has been in leg shaving commercials?? Maybe it's a good thing we don't get TGC.. lol

Do agree on the Brittany comparison though, I think Brittany is very attractive, has a gorgeous smile when she's not being frumpy.

Almost had a Charley/Paula pairing for tomorrow, that would have been a bit of fun but Charley gets to play with Lydia again. Hopefully they can pull each other along and shoot some good numbers.

Well for today, in Canada we get the golf on CBC. A hockey guy doing the announcing. Lucky us.

But the camera work is good at least.

Handicap 9

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1377324308' post='7735969']
TV coverage was supposed to begin at 12:30 AM. With the Barclay's weather issues it's now nearly 2 AM and coverage hasn't begun. Golf Channel actually stuck with Golf Central and 19th Hole in preference to beginning the LPGA tape.

I had admirably refrained from commenting on tomorrow's Lincicome/Hedwall pairing. But since someone opened the door I have no doubt Brittany is technically bigger. She also carries it better. Somehow I doubt we'll be seeing Hedwall in a leg shaving commercial or anything similar.
[/quote]

Well that sucks, not sure if I extended my recording or not, now that I think about it. :(

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

[quote name='North Texas' timestamp='1377290555' post='7733545']
Interesting that Meg Mallon talked about how she didn't want to give 5-6 birdies as being one of the reasons she picked Michelle Wie. Well through 2 rounds of the Canadien Womens Open Michelle made exactly 1 birdie total!

And I'm not picking on Wie because I actually would like to see her turn her game around because I think it would really be good for the LPGA. It's more a criticism of what Meg said and the fact that no one in the media questioned it. I know several on this board brought it up. Just like no one in the media, or on Golf Channel, is going to question Annika's role in the fiasco of conceding the putt to Paula C. at the Solheim Cup.

Johnny T.
[/quote]

With her handicap, she had 6 net birdies.

a european solheim cup member will win this!!

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1377375144' post='7737951']
[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1377324308' post='7735969']

[/quote]

Well that sucks, not sure if I extended my recording or not, now that I think about it. :(
[/quote]
Well that's why it wasn't on the DVR...well, at least I can watch tonight.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='leet793' timestamp='1377317356' post='7735697']
[quote name='imakaveli' timestamp='1377189435' post='7725854']
[quote name='LuvToGolfGuy' timestamp='1377188859' post='7725828']
[quote name='imakaveli' timestamp='1377186934' post='7725608']
[quote name='LuvToGolfGuy' timestamp='1377094260' post='7718628']
[quote name='canadianglen' timestamp='1377052006' post='7716660']
Brittany Lincicome is bigger than Caroline Hedwall. Talked to both today. one meter away. It's a pretty easy call. Just saying for the next time this "weapon" is deployed.
[/quote]

What the hell is a "meter"?
[/quote]

It's the unit of measure used by the whole world but USA, Liberia and Myanmar
[/quote]

So in other words, it's irrelevant. :D
[/quote]

Well if you spend all of your life in these countries I guess so :D
[/quote]
I see the concept ih humour hasn't quite reached Italy yet.
[/quote]

Absolutely not, Italy is a very serious country

[quote name='BrneRugs' timestamp='1377398527' post='7739351']
[quote name='eppey' timestamp='1377393942' post='7739017']
I would like to know who air mailed the stands on 17? Kerr or Davies? Kerr tripled it and Davies doubled.
[/quote]

Davies had to take a Lost Ball as they could not find her ball after she air mailed the stands.
[/quote]It went into the berry bush I thought. I was on 18 tee when I heard it come off the stands and over and another guy said he saw it go into the bush. Guess not.

4 professional wins as an amateur. Made the big solheim stars hedwall and petersen look pedestrian. Neither seemed all that thrilled to get smoked. She is turning out to be much better than Michelle Wie (who was supposed to be like Lydia) will ever be (already twice the number of wins Michelle has).. You wonder how long she can stay and amateur. Not sure what her families financial status is and if they can afford for her to stay amateur (won't prove anything going to college). Easily better than Tiger at the same age. She actually seems like she can putt unlike the rest of the LPGA (except during the Solheim Cup).. You really hope some day that the LPGA will out law that stupid lining up crud for shots and putts. I guess they could really be horrible putters if they couldn't be lined up. When did they start doing this, sure makes the sport look second rate.

Lydia Ko is just ridiculous - look at her stats from this tourny - they all seem other worldly.

[url="http://www.lpgascoring.com/public/Scorecard.aspx?TournamentID=27918&PlayerID=98109"]http://www.lpgascoring.com/public/Scorecard.aspx?TournamentID=27918&PlayerID=98109[/url]

STZ 10.5 Motore F3 60s

STZ 5 wood Motore F3 70s

CLK 22 Tensei blue 
JPX 850 Forged 4-pw S300

ES21 54 60 
Mizuno Craft 1

[quote name='WCGC72BE9' timestamp='1377312003' post='7735301']
Watching the TSN broadcast reminds me of back in the day when CBC used to broadcast the Men's Canadian Open.

They would get a hockey announcer (Danny Gallivan) and Jim Nelford to do the talking and what seemed like 3 guys walking around the course with hand held cameras doing the camera work. Very amateur production and hard to watch.

At least for this tournament it is a co-production with the Golf Channel and Rod Black at least knows quite a bit a out golf.
[/quote]

Essentially black got chased off the men's spot because people couldn't stand listening to his drivel.
I attempted to watch some of the second round and ended up turning off the sound so that I wouldn't have to listen to Black.
I am definitely against having this guy announce any golf.

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

[quote name='sandy' timestamp='1377469201' post='7742951']
4 professional wins as an amateur. Made the big solheim stars hedwall and petersen look pedestrian. Neither seemed all that thrilled to get smoked. She is turning out to be much better than Michelle Wie (who was supposed to be like Lydia) will ever be (already twice the number of wins Michelle has).. You wonder how long she can stay and amateur. Not sure what her families financial status is and if they can afford for her to stay amateur (won't prove anything going to college). Easily better than Tiger at the same age. She actually seems like she can putt unlike the rest of the LPGA (except during the Solheim Cup).. You really hope some day that the LPGA will out law that stupid lining up crud for shots and putts. I guess they could really be horrible putters if they couldn't be lined up. When did they start doing this, sure makes the sport look second rate.
[/quote]Is she maybe looking for a scholarship into a school she wouldn't otherwise be able to get in to?

[quote name='Quasimoto' timestamp='1377471001' post='7743117']
[quote name='WCGC72BE9' timestamp='1377312003' post='7735301']

[/quote]

Essentially black got chased off the men's spot because people couldn't stand listening to his drivel.
I attempted to watch some of the second round and ended up turning off the sound so that I wouldn't have to listen to Black.
I am definitely against having this guy announce any golf.
[/quote]

Yes I. Could not stand Black when he was on local news when I lived in Winnipeg years ago. I found him a bit more tolerable this time. Ron Maclean was poor. Why not just get the Golf Channel announcers?

But anyways , what a tournament for Ko. She looked super relaxed and smooth out there all day. She might as well turn pro for next season.

Handicap 9