2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Updates on TaylorMade's TP Line Irons/Woods Revival? (merged)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='phelps22' timestamp='1378662605' post='7815841']
Don't get me wrong, I love Taylormade and their products but really who cares if there's a tp logo or not. We're the MC and MB bad irons because they didn't carry the logo? Absolutely not they were great products. Taylormade is going to have a quality product no matter what name it carries and they will market it as such. I know I'm in the minority here but I could care less because it will be a quality product regardless and that gives me confidence not a little toe shield.
[/quote]
Who's first in line to slap this guy?

Just kidding. I'm not a TM guy at all, but there was something to seeing that logo on a club. It immediately became a club I wanted to try. I knew it meant open faces and high quality shafts (in the woods) and smaller less offset irons. All of what I wanted at the time.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1378663939' post='7815931']
Don't get me wrong, I love Taylormade and their products but really who cares if there's a tp logo or not. We're the MC and MB bad irons because they didn't carry the logo? Absolutely not they were great products. Taylormade is going to have a quality product no matter what name it carries and they will market it as such. I know I'm in the minority here but I could care less because it will be a quality product regardless and that gives me confidence not a little toe shield.
[/quote]

Just kidding. I'm not a TM guy at all, but there was something to seeing that logo on a club. It immediately became a club I wanted to try. I knew it meant open faces and high quality shafts (in the woods) and smaller less offset irons. All of what I wanted at the time.
[/quote]

Haha, I was kind of expecting this reaction and no offense taken. Really though let's say the new iron will be a retail version of the rocketbladez f heads and no tp logo would you be disappointed even though there is minimal offset and a smaller more compact head? With the metal wood to line you have all sorts of high quality shafts available some carry an up charge and others do not and with the r1 face angles can also be adjusted to fit your eye all with no tp logo.

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5*

Taylormade Stealth 15*
Taylormade Stealth 22*

Sri on Z U85 26*
Adam’s A-Tour Red 5-P
Edel 54* DVR, 58* DVR

Ping PLD Milled DS-72

[quote name='phelps22' timestamp='1378680535' post='7816879']
[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1378663939' post='7815931']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha, I was kind of expecting this reaction and no offense taken. Really though let's say the new iron will be a retail version of the rocketbladez f heads and no tp logo would you be disappointed even though there is minimal offset and a smaller more compact head? With the metal wood to line you have all sorts of high quality shafts available some carry an up charge and others do not and with the r1 face angles can also be adjusted to fit your eye all with no tp logo.
[/quote]
Point taken. At the time I'm refering to though, that wasnt the case. But like I said, I'm not TM guy. I like a Swoosh on my club. So if TM brings it back or not, it's not the end of the world.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1378690098' post='7817547']
This is the week TM is suppose to have their new irons ready for tour use. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have up their sleeves this go around!
[/quote]

Waiting on some of PGAgreg pictures!!

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1378690191' post='7817559']
This is the week TM is suppose to have their new irons ready for tour use. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have up their sleeves this go around!
[/quote]

Waiting on some of PGAgreg pictures!!
[/quote]

Me too!!! Greg will be all over this I'm sure!

[/quote]
I super pumped and can't wait to see them!

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

I predict a cast club followed by a douchey marketing strategy and someone promoting a hashtag.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1378698844' post='7818111']
I predict a cast club followed by a douchey marketing strategy and someone promoting a hashtag.
[/quote]

I doubt that now. Rumors are going around stating that TM has fired the marketing director and will now start going in a different with the next major release. I sure hope so anyways.

they're going to release their "black head technology" that aids in alignment by contrasting against a white ball.

i used to play the first superfast TP and bought into it until the entire company started going all cattywumpus. somebody mentioned earlier about making the TP line just the same stuff as they use on tour....that's a pretty good idea. instead of "B stamp" irons, they badge them with the TP and sell them to the public as well.

do that and you might even find a TM club back in my bag.

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 Speeder Evolution 757x
Titleist 917F3 13.5 Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84X
Mizuno MP4 3-P X100
SM7 50F 54M 58M S400
Bettinardi BB1
@protrajT

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1377942090' post='7776083']
[quote name='SkyyDesigns' timestamp='1377918193' post='7775361']
I am one of the biggest collectors of TP logo stuff...I would really love for this to happen but even when I went to the Kingdom a few weeks back they were not fully forthcoming but one of the reps said 3 new irons but no true forged blade. Maybe a TP line will be in the future, I dont kno but not for the next club cycle as told by my guys. I had to beg my TM rep for TP logo sweaters which I finally got a few and only have them dry cleaned and want more. So I as do many others want a TP line especially branded with its logo.
[/quote]

My contact said a new TP blade spring of 2014. Until I see pics and get details I will be doubtful myself.
[/quote]

My TM connect assured forged blades are a GO. Probably spring though

your honor your honor

[quote name='TeachingProMike' timestamp='1378767431' post='7822169']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1377942090' post='7776083']
[quote name='SkyyDesigns' timestamp='1377918193' post='7775361']
I am one of the biggest collectors of TP logo stuff...I would really love for this to happen but even when I went to the Kingdom a few weeks back they were not fully forthcoming but one of the reps said 3 new irons but no true forged blade. Maybe a TP line will be in the future, I dont kno but not for the next club cycle as told by my guys. I had to beg my TM rep for TP logo sweaters which I finally got a few and only have them dry cleaned and want more. So I as do many others want a TP line especially branded with its logo.
[/quote]

My contact said a new TP blade spring of 2014. Until I see pics and get details I will be doubtful myself.
[/quote]

My TM connect assured forged blades are a GO. Probably spring though
[/quote]

Great!!! Hopefully the will they will hear my cry and bring back the TP (#bringbacktheTP).. Lol

[quote name='Michael79' timestamp='1378781249' post='7823617']
The TP line is coming back. The marketing and release strategy is going to completely change for Taylor Made..and yes the TP line will mean more than just an up charge shaft. You will also see forged irons.
[/quote]

popcorn. ready.

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

The TP line is coming back. The marketing and release strategy is going to completely change for Taylor Made..and yes the TP line will mean more than just an up charge shaft. You will also see forged irons.
[/quote]

The news I have been waiting to hear! CP, my popcorn is ready too! I cannot wait!!!!

[/quote]

Do you have a timetable on when we should hear details of the new TP line by chance?

MUSIC TO MY EARS

i'm sure the speedblade is great and 17 more this and that, but let's see the tech in a players iron with that TP look and feel! :superman:

[/quote]

TaylorMade Stealth 10.5
Titleist 906F4
TaylorMade Stealth 3 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX850 Forged 4-PW
TaylorMade MG3 Black 52/56

Scotty Phantom X7
.. and a collection of Odyssey #7s 🙂

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1378816793' post='7824997']
TM, a good clean looking TP line will make me and a lot of others forgive and forget some of the recent cartoon looking clubs you have released. I'm looking to have my socks knocked off with this new line!!!
[/quote]

Agreed, and please don't junk up the rear of the club head with a bunch of cheesy graphics and colors. Just a nice simple satin finish with perhaps the TP logo should do just fine.

I don't even play TM products, I play Scratch clubs and I just feel embarrassed when I see a commercial with the TM staffers wearing face paint to promote a club (R1) that matches the face paint scheme. Can you imagine the flack a company like Titleist, Ping, or Mizuno would catch for that kinda crap? TM needs to become more classy and less flashy imho...

^^^I agree with you. If TM wants their GI stuff to be flashy that is fine by me. However, I think the TP line needs to look classy to distinguish itself from the other lines. Nice and clean, just like old times. No gaudy transformer badging or anything like that. If they do something like that it would help them gain a lot of their lost credibility back IMO.

[quote name='drifter12' timestamp='1378782384' post='7823779']
MUSIC TO MY EARS

i'm sure the speedblade is great and 17 more this and that, but let's see the tech in a players iron with that TP look and feel! :superman:

[/quote]
[/quote]

You mean like this............
Forged....check;
Speed Pocket technology.....check;
Clean lines & look.....check.

[attachment=1870819:Adams forged XTD.jpg]

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Hopefully this time we see the Speedblade as the GI, then a nice forged CB and MB to extend the TP line. We had virtually no action this year on the RBT's...and the MB's were..so last year(s). Just nothing in the line for the guys who wanted the CB look and feel from a forged iron.

Fingers Crossed!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link