2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Random conversation thread

Holy mackerel! :swoon:

We have had two "50 year storms" and a "1,000 year storm" since September 9th!!!!!!!!! Nearly 22 inches of rain in a mountainous region that averages 42 inches per year. Nowhere for the water to go but up.

I often wonder how they designate the label of 100 year flood, or the 100 year floodplain.

Sometime ago, I over heard a RE broker told her client not to worry because the property her client was considering is on the 100 year floodplain and we had a real bad Winter flooding the neighborhood just a few year prior, so she hinted to them it'll probably not going to flood again, soon.

I almost stepped in to caution the young couple to do more research on the subject of recent climate changes, and study the topography from the County record and also the satellite map before they jump into apparently their first RE purchase. Thought about it and bit my tongue then walked away.

I had friends sold off their water front property ( Pacific fronting vacation property , or Lake front residential property ), because the insurance premium had accelerated to a level they don;t feel comfortable. Maybe the insurance carriers know something ?.

The insurance companies have had to pay out quite a few bucks over the last 5 years or so and they are trying to recoup their losses. Flood insurance per say is through FEMA. But in the last few years we have had quite a few people sell ocean front homes because of the escalating insurance premiums. A lot of folks could not justify the high premiums for a second or vacation home. This sounds bad but I hate to see what the rates will go to now with the recent hurricanes we have had this year alone.

If this happen in your neck of the woods then, it'll be a Nationwide issue. It should be alarming when the average folks couldn't afford the basic coverage in life. How did people survived when there is no insurance ? Not that long ago, no one had insurance and when a place flood out, people would relocate to another spot instead of rebuilt.

I had told my wife if one day I'll need to be on tubes to save my life, please, no tubes and just prolong the suffering. A short suffering is better than a long one. Not to mention it'll cost a fortune ( at the cost of the survived ones )

Holy mackerel! :swoon:

We have had two "50 year storms" and a "1,000 year storm" since September 9th!!!!!!!!! Nearly 22 inches of rain in a mountainous region that averages 42 inches per year. Nowhere for the water to go but up.

I often wonder how they designate the label of 100 year flood, or the 100 year floodplain.

Sometime ago, I over heard a RE broker told her client not to worry because the property her client was considering is on the 100 year floodplain and we had a real bad Winter flooding the neighborhood just a few year prior, so she hinted to them it'll probably not going to flood again, soon.

I almost stepped in to caution the young couple to do more research on the subject of recent climate changes, and study the topography from the County record and also the satellite map before they jump into apparently their first RE purchase. Thought about it and bit my tongue then walked away.

I had friends sold off their water front property ( Pacific fronting vacation property , or Lake front residential property ), because the insurance premium had accelerated to a level they don;t feel comfortable. Maybe the insurance carriers know something ?.

The insurance companies have had to pay out quite a few bucks over the last 5 years or so and they are trying to recoup their losses. Flood insurance per say is through FEMA. But in the last few years we have had quite a few people sell ocean front homes because of the escalating insurance premiums. A lot of folks could not justify the high premiums for a second or vacation home. This sounds bad but I hate to see what the rates will go to now with the recent hurricanes we have had this year alone.

If this happen in your neck of the woods then, it'll be a Nationwide issue. It should be alarming when the average folks couldn't afford the basic coverage in life. How did people survived when there is no insurance ? Not that long ago, no one had insurance and when a place flood out, people would relocate to another spot instead of rebuilt.

I had told my wife if one day I'll need to be on tubes to save my life, please, no tubes and just prolong the suffering. A short suffering is better than a long one. Not to mention it'll cost a fortune ( at the cost of the survived ones )

My wife and I both feel exactly like you on the tube thing--- No Thanks!! Leave me tubeless and let me go. Yeah most of the medical profession is all about money now!!!!

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

My wife and I both feel exactly like you on the tube thing--- No Thanks!! Leave me tubeless and let me go. Yeah most of the medical profession is all about money now!!!!

Funny you brought this up.

A true story happened not too long ago during a peer review session at a major healthcare center .

Manager - " So, why are you here, tell us the reason that you had chosen your job title "..........Employee- " the paycheck ".

Oh well, at least she was honest about it.

While out playing today I realized that I have become what I feared most as a young child.

I have become... The Bogey Man!

:swoon:

All Forged, all the time.
The Sets that see regular playing time...
67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

It's actually a pretty decent afternoon here; sun shining, low 50's and not too much wind. Would have been a good day for golf, but I decided to hang them up for the season a bit ago, pretty much as soon as the weather changed. Instead I was putting away patio furniture and sorted through my tool cabinet, in the shed, deciding what to sell and what to keep in preparation for our pending move. If not fun at least it was productive! ;)

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

So played one of the finest (IMO) golf courses in South Florida today, Osprey Point.

https://www.pbcospreypointgolf.com/

I played the Raven and Falcon 9's with two other gentleman and had a wonderful time. Great weather, good companionship, fun, challenges and a high level of play for me. Used the Modern set and was really picking and hitting my targets today. Was able to impress my playing partners with my accuracy and precision. Impressed myself as well but did a good job of acting as if this was all an every day occurrence. ;) The only issue was that the course was crowded and play was slow. Having to sit too long in between shots and waiting to tee off finally took it's toll and my back tied up to the point that I had to quit after 16 to keep from hurting myself any worse. Even given that, it was a wonderful day of golf!

67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

So played one of the finest (IMO) golf courses in South Florida today, Osprey Point.

I played the Raven and Falcon 9's with two other gentleman and had a wonderful time. Great weather, good companionship, fun, challenges and a high level of play for me. Used the Modern set and was really picking and hitting my targets today. Was able to impress my playing partners with my accuracy and precision. Impressed myself as well but did a good job of acting as if this was all an every day occurrence. ;) The only issue was that the course was crowded and play was slow. Having to sit too long in between shots and waiting to tee off finally took it's toll and my back tied up to the point that I had to quit after 16 to keep from hurting myself any worse. Even given that, it was a wonderful day of golf!

You had forgotten to let your caddy massage your shoulders and back while waiting for the next golf shot ? Again ?

Yep fall Touron season is upon us!! Same thing happens to me as of late.When it gets too slow my back wants to tighten up.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

You had forgotten to let your caddy massage your shoulders and back while waiting for the next golf shot ? Again ?

I asked the Beverage Cart Girl if she'd give me a rub but got slapped for some reason! :dntknw:

So the Milwaukee Brewers lost last night, which was sad, but for this Cubs fan was offset by Ohio State being Humiliated! by Purdue! On national TV! Ha!

Plus Liverpool won in Premier League (a new sport for me), my Iowa Hawkeyes shut out Maryland, and The Wisconsin Badgers won big in a snow game.

All that plus not having to watch the GB Packers suck today means the good far outweighed the bad.

Go Red Sox!

So the Milwaukee Brewers lost last night, which was sad, but for this Cubs fan was offset by Ohio State being Humiliated! by Purdue! On national TV! Ha!

Plus Liverpool won in Premier League (a new sport for me), my Iowa Hawkeyes shut out Maryland, and The Wisconsin Badgers won big in a snow game.

All that plus not having to watch the GB Packers suck today means the good far outweighed the bad.

Go Red Sox!

Welcome to the Red Army, DC! :pimp:

(Fellow LFC fan)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Go Red Sox!

As difficult as this is for me to say, there was a certain degree of satisfaction that I felt when Boston prevailed after having to endure the Houstons running their mouths on social media the way they did. There was a poetic irony that David Price would manage to secure his first post season victory (in 12 attempts) in the clinching game. You know what they say about payback...

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Big difference in course crowd and so playing time. Out today at Boca Greens, a Gentleman Joe Lee Course I enjoy. When I got there the parking lot was less than a third full which I thought strange as weather conditions were excellent. Overcast, low 80's, low humidity, and a good breeze. Had a 12:22 tt and got there well early signing in at 11:45. One of the regular Starters asked me if I wanted to wait to play with others or head out. Silly question. He sent me out to start on the back 9 and I hit my first tee shot at Noon. Caught a Threesome on my 7th hole (hole 16) and had to wait on them through the end of my first 9. They finished and I turned the corner (Hole1) and had clear sailing until catching a twosome on my last hole (hole 9.) Even with having to sit and wait on 4 of the 18 holes I finished my hole round in 2 1/2 hours on the dot! Huge difference from Thursday's round where the constant waiting made my back tie up. I did start tightening up some toward the end of my first 9 waiting on that threesome but was able to work it lose again after they finished. I'm playing my moderns now full time on all full Championship length courses but still playing my other stuff on the shorter courses and Exec Courses. Shot 12 over today which was solid but unspectacular. Could have been much better if my putting had been more consistent. I was also stinking up the place out of the bunkers today. I did Birdie two Par 5's today though which is unusual for me. All-in-all a very pleasant day.

Boca Greens CC...

https://www.bocagreenscountryclub.com/

This was from 150 YARDS out to the center of the green,

As we all know, the fog would get denser after the first light, so it was much worse a bit later. We had to yield out loud back into the fairway when we exiting the green.

It never get cleared all morning. This was a regional fog rolled in from the Ocean, not a local patch.

The moisture of the next few days could clear up the fog but then, temperature will return to the normal high 50's F.

Nice! I absolutely love playing in fog!

We did also but, today's fog was different than any of the past experience.

The fog was dense, the best period was able to make out the flag from about 70 yard away. When it got thick patches, we couldn't see beyond 50 yards.

The strange part was, all day this was going on. The fog was never fully lifted . We got patches of sunshine in spotty locations. Felt like the horror movie "the fog" or " the mist ".

Very strange to see the tee shot went straight into the thick of the fog then disappeared. Couldn't see the green for all the par 3's....Odd weather.Never had a foggy day like today. Almost felt like playing golf in the coastline of Scotland or Ireland.

Nice! I absolutely love playing in fog!

Yeah, I rather enjoy it.

Makes for an interesting exercise in picking and committing to your target.

What target ? Couldn't see a darn thing.

I was able to tell my playing partners where the greens were and if there is bunkers fronting the green or siding it. Simply because I had probably played this golf course more than a few hundred times over the last 40 years. The fog was so dense even the pine and fir trees were dripping with the condensation from the fog. One guy asked if it was raining , when the water droplets dripped on him while he was standing under the fir trees lining the fairway ( he found his tee shot in the tree line ).

Still foggy this morning from the News report. Which means one thing, SMOG !

Exactly.

But you still have to pick a line and figure out a way to commit to the shot.

I was able to tell my playing partners where the greens were and if there is bunkers fronting the green or siding it. Simply because I had probably played this golf course more than a few hundred times over the last 40 years. The fog was so dense even the pine and fir trees were dripping with the condensation from the fog. One guy asked if it was raining , when the water droplets dripped on him while he was standing under the fir trees lining the fairway ( he found his tee shot in the tree line ).

Think the worst I ever played in was a junior open at Cruden Bay with the haar in.

Visibility can't have been much more than 100 yards and competition was abandoned just as I finished.

Don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that it was on a course where you can't see where you're hitting to half the time anyway.

Exactly.

Think the worst I ever played in was a junior open at Cruden Bay with the haar in.

Visibility can't have been much more than 100 yards and competition was abandoned just as I finished.

Don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that it was on a course where you can't see where you're hitting to half the time anyway.

Similarly on E. Yorks coast especially Flamborough Head,not being able to see anything does not worry me but the "INCOMING!" does!

Exactly.

Similarly on E. Yorks coast especially Flamborough Head,not being able to see anything does not worry me but the "INCOMING!" does!

Yes !

We worried about those whom were not familiar with golf course layout, never observe and use common sense on or off the golf course.

Should always go out with someone whom knows the golf course well. And someone whom still has a healthy eye sight.

I could make out some shadowy figures on the supposed putting green, but one of the guys could not make out a darn thing. I would say something like- they're still on the green , the three tall firs are in the back of the green..... He'd say, what trees ?