2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Chamblee/Tiger Woods controversy (merged)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, what a tangled web we weave...tiger is one of the greatest cheaters we've ever seen (off the course)...

The question in play is whether or not that mentality transfers onto the course....BC certainly seems to think so - Honestly, I don't think anyone would be surprised if Tiger were a serial cheater on the course....I also don't believe we'd be surprised if he weren't -

Regardless of where you land on this, Tiger's rules "issues" this year have been curious at the least and IMO, enough to raise significant question

[quote name='Jamboy72' timestamp='1382060867' post='8019031']
Yes, what a tangled web we weave...tiger is one of the greatest cheaters we've ever seen (off the course)...

The question in play is whether or not that mentality transfers onto the course....BC certainly seems to think so - Honestly, I don't think anyone would be surprised if Tiger were a serial cheater on the course....I also don't believe we'd be surprised if he weren't -

Regardless of where you land on this, Tiger's rules "issues" this year have been curious at the least and IMO, enough to raise significant question
[/quote]

Tiger Woods

Has won 79 PGA Tournaments

And

14 Major Championships

He won 5 PGA tournaments this year

Brandel?

Ok, I think you understand now.

[url="http://si.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1017099/1/index.htm"]http://si.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1017099/1/index.htm[/url]

[color=#333333][size=2]till, there is almost nothing Sandelin can do on the course now to erase his reputation off it: a court jester, a human punch line. He is a man of such curious standing that when he touched off a transatlantic feud by accusing Mark O'Meara of mismarking his ball at the '97 Trophée Lancôme and thus cheating his way to victory, O'Meara adopted a standard line of defense: "Just look at the player who is drumming all of this up," he would say, as if that's all there was to it.[/size][/color]

when asked about chamblee's criticism of him at the players' presser earlier this year, tiger replied, 'he doesn't play anymore, so be it'.

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1382061091' post='8019055']

[/quote]

Tiger Woods

And

14 Major Championships

Brandel?

[/quote]

and tiger did this all by himself, without the help of his father, his equipment, his coaches, his caddies, etc. etc....

[quote name='golfcarte' timestamp='1382061352' post='8019097']

[/quote]

Tiger Woods

And

14 Major Championships

Brandel?

[/quote]

and tiger did this all by himself, without the help of his father, his equipment, his coaches, his caddies, etc. etc....
[/quote]

You play golf. When you are over the ball, you are on your own.

Well, maybe he got some help from the

Pancake house.

[/quote]

Tiger Woods

And

14 Major Championships

Brandel?

[/quote]

Well, I read in several different publications that TW doesn't tip very well. I doubt that is true of Brandel.

Ok, I think you understand now. :-)

I guess I land in the... " who voted for POY "

Soooo......

Where's the motivation to vote for the guy if what he did is tantamount to a pattern?

FYI... I STILL think Tiger Woods needs his own heading in a forum somewhere so ALL of these go to one place. A black pit of squabbling, fighting, pinching, biting, hair pulling, yelling and screaming. Leave it unmoderated and put a warning on the title...

* WARNING * It's deep in here

9.5 Opti440 - Fujikura Rombax 5Wo6 X

Taylormade 17.9 4 wood - NVX (X)
Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

[/quote]

Tiger Woods

And

14 Major Championships

Brandel?

[/quote]

I'm not sure what Tiger's illustrious records of achievements has to do with integrity. Yes, he's won a lot of tournaments. But, perhaps I'm too simple minded to understand how his trophy case have anything to do with his questionable rules "infractions" on the course.

[quote name='dangolf' timestamp='1382047839' post='8017765']
[quote name='rafal' timestamp='1382046871' post='8017667']
You bend the rule here and there, once in a while, ok....but you do it 4 times in one year, when on the biggest stage, then that's nothing else than going full R-tard. Well, Tiger, you never go full .....

This one isn't going away folks, bank on it.
[/quote]wow terrible post
[/quote]

Why is that? Because you reside up Tiger's can? Let's face it Dan....every single post that fluffs Tiger, you love. Every single post that doesn't smooch his tail, you vehemently disagree with.

You're nothing if not truly predictable.

[quote name='Jamboy72' timestamp='1382062119' post='8019187']

[/quote]

Tiger Woods

And

14 Major Championships

Brandel?

[/quote]

I'm not sure what Tiger's illustrious records of achievements has to do with integrity. Yes, he's won a lot of tournaments. But, perhaps I'm too simple minded to understand how his trophy case have anything to do with his questionable rules "infractions" on the course.
[/quote]

First, my apology for being rude.

But his record of winning 80 (maybe 100 times inclusive of all events) does

Establish a high degree of credibility

His record of winning so much with his rounds being recorded/observed so closely should be considered as

You seem to attempt to draw some parallel of his personal life to his professional game.

Speculation, per your quote "serial cheater on the course" needs to be paired with the fact that he has won

79 PGA tournaments including 14 Majors in the modern age with every shot recorded.

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1382063276' post='8019305']
[quote name='Jamboy72' timestamp='1382062119' post='8019187']

[/quote]

Tiger Woods

And

14 Major Championships

Brandel?

[/quote]

[/quote]

First, my apology for being rude.

But his record of winning 80 (maybe 100 times inclusive of all events) does

Establish a high degree of credibility

His record of winning so much with his rounds being recorded/observed so closely should be considered as

You seem to attempt to draw some parallel of his personal life to his professional game.

Speculation, per your quote "serial cheater on the course" needs to be paired with the fact that he has won

79 PGA tournaments including 14 Majors in the modern age with every shot recorded.
[/quote]

No argument with his record on the course - That's undeniable - And with 5 more major wins, it will be the best anyone has ever seen - but his win total and taking some liberty with the rules of golf are not mutually exclusive - He can do and has done both - And if we are to celebrate his achievements, we should also criticize his foibles - keeps balance in the universe, right?

I don't know enough about TW to form an opinion one way or the other. The only thing I DO know is he cheated on his wife. Plenty of guys have done that. Everything else is speculation.

However, when push comes to shove it really doesn't matter what a person has achieved in their life that matters. What really matters is a person's character, his "soul" if you will. If you can "do" both all the better, but to "worship" someone (anyone really), because of their wealth, achievement, etc., is rather superficial.

Admire what's inside the person, not what's on the outside. If the two coincide, terrific.

[quote name='HighSpeedScene' timestamp='1382064061' post='8019375']
News today: press/media made wild accusations about a celebrity today that have a grain of truth but is clearly exaggerated for the purpose of ratings.

Also, water is wet. stay tuned - tomorrow we reveal whether the sun sets in the east or the west.
[/quote]

West.

Any may your next 700 posts be a bit more engaging #740.

[quote name='HighSpeedScene' timestamp='1382064297' post='8019399']
Also, pretty confused what chamblee's playing record has to do with anything.

Agnc should get rid of that hack nantz - I mean, he never even won on tour!
[/quote]

Right...BC's record isn't of any significance - But, then again, your last two posts aren't either....#meh

Aside from this year's strangeness what do you guys have to sling at Tiger? The boulder? I am asking if I am missing something

Because the insinuation that his whole career is tainted by this year and cheating on his wife is completely absurd

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
Stealth Plus 9 Ventus TR Red 6S

Apex UW 17* AD-DI 7S 

Sim2 4 Rescue AD-DI 85S

ZX5 MKII 4-6 / ZX7 MKII 7-P Modus Limited 115

SM9 Raw 50-54-58

Spider Hydroblast short slant 

settle down with the canada thing,, obviously his bosses like him being a 'ah' he really make me sick , best player to walk this earth and he disses him,

[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1382046304' post='8017609']
What did Chamblee win? One tour event? In Canada?
Golf Channel on-air "talent" leaves much to be desired.
Please, someone put Charlie Rhymer out of his (and my) misery first. Then Brandel. Chamblee is ironically the biggest Tiger hanger-on around. Pay some gratitude, Brandel. Where would your career be without him? (Or that entire channel for that matter.)
[/quote]

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1382063819' post='8019351']
I don't know enough about TW to form an opinion one way or the other. The only thing I DO know is he cheated on his wife. Plenty of guys have done that. Everything else is speculation.

However, when push comes to shove it really doesn't matter what a person has achieved in their life that matters. What really matters is a person's character, his "soul" if you will. If you can "do" both all the better, but to "worship" someone (anyone really), because of their wealth, achievement, etc., is rather superficial.

Admire what's inside the person, not what's on the outside. If the two coincide, terrific.
[/quote]

We will never truly know these athletes and have nothing to really base it on other than what we are privy to witness which is what they want doled out in public (hence Mickelson flying to his daughters 8th grade graduation) or their achievements in the sport. The very essence of their livelihoods is to provide us with that entertainment. Unless we are close to them you can't say you truly know them and almost all of us will never really know these athletes.

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
Stealth Plus 9 Ventus TR Red 6S

Apex UW 17* AD-DI 7S 

Sim2 4 Rescue AD-DI 85S

ZX5 MKII 4-6 / ZX7 MKII 7-P Modus Limited 115

SM9 Raw 50-54-58

Spider Hydroblast short slant 

[quote name='xabia' timestamp='1382065027' post='8019467']
Aside from this year's strangeness what do you guys have to sling at Tiger? The boulder? I am asking if I am missing something

Because the insinuation that his whole career is tainted by this year and cheating on his wife is completely absurd
[/quote]

How is that the insinuation ? I don't believe I've seen anyone trying to taint Tiger's career...perhaps you can shed some light on this...

[quote name='Jamboy72' timestamp='1382064879' post='8019451']

[/quote]

Right...BC's record isn't of any significance - But, then again, your last two posts aren't either....#meh
[/quote]

Wow - wrong side of the bed? Well, sorry.

[quote name='xabia' timestamp='1382065262' post='8019489']

We will never truly know these athletes and have nothing to really base it on other than what we are privy to witness which is what they want doled out in public (hence Mickelson flying to his daughters 8th grade graduation) or their achievements in the sport. The very essence of their livelihoods is to provide us with that entertainment. Unless we are close to them you can't say you truly know them and almost all of us will never really know these athletes.
[/quote]

That's right. Lot's of speculation. And what the media reports? Please.

[quote name='HighSpeedScene' timestamp='1382066151' post='8019579']
[quote name='Jamboy72' timestamp='1382064879' post='8019451']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow - wrong side of the bed? Well, sorry.
[/quote]

No reason to be sorry...not wrong side of the bed either...just have an aversion to useless posts...sorry if that makes you a bit uncomfortable

Dude!!!!!!! A Mod in a Tiger Woods thread.... WHAT ARE THE ODDS....

" Mr Chambers and I are flabbergasted... At you.. "

Hey Sleepy..... How about Tiger gets his own thread.... You KNOW it's a great idea....

9.5 Opti440 - Fujikura Rombax 5Wo6 X

Taylormade 17.9 4 wood - NVX (X)
Adams DHY Hybrid X
Cobra ACP's 4-PW
MD2's 52/58
LowTide FIN #5 Custom

[quote name='golfheaven69' timestamp='1382052514' post='8018179']
Tiger is so competitive bending the rules to win is something he has and will do again IMO. Chamblee is pushing it but point taken.
[/quote]

I like both Chamblee and Johnny Miller. They seem to be the only TV guys with the balls to call them like they see 'em where Eldrick (501) is concerned.

Eldrick once ruled the golf world and now is losing that dominance.

He had a good year in the winning column and seems continue to be "rule book challenged", going 0-4 in his episodes in the eyes of many. Well in the eyes of those non fan boys. And as golfhave69 states above it would not be a surprise to see these "incidents" continue in 2014.

You think he would know that he has tons of cameras on him all the time on the course, thank goodness for pancake houses without cameras but I digress, and would not risk getting close to a rules dust up but........??????? Almost seems like the gears are turning out............... "Don't they know I'm suppose to win?"

P.S. I am NOT a Eldrick fan boy !