2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Callaway Big Bertha

[quote name='DeepSixer' timestamp='1385222223' post='8195306']
Having had a chance to hit both drivers, I am a little underwhelmed after the build up here. Difference was minimal from my Razr Hawk Proto (HCG).
I assume I'm not allowed to post pics yet?
[/quote]

Not of the new drivers but I'd love to see a pic of your RHT proto. Also what shaft do you have in it?

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having had a chance to hit both drivers, I am a little underwhelmed after the build up here. Difference was minimal from my Razr Hawk Proto (HCG).
[/quote]

At this point, it's gonna be tough to live up to the hype. It will be interesting to see how well the technology performs on the course. I personally cannot wait to test the BB against my D2 and SLDR.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1385222910' post='8195364']
[/quote]

At this point, it's gonna be tough to live up to the hype. It will be interesting to see how well the technology performs on the course. I personally cannot wait to test the BB against my D2 and SLDR.
[/quote]
There's hype with every driver, no matter who makes it. It really comes to how that driver fits the golfer and how it's been crafted by a fitter/maker and the design. The consensus thus far is that there is a driver for everyone, whether it's a BB or XH2, or driver XYZ. I have A Razr Fit, that bombs it. For me it might be as simple as putting the same shaft in something new. You never know until you take it out and make it work on a course.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope that my last comment isn't seen as too negative; the new product is an impressive head and I am greatly looking forward to the opinions of others who have had a chance to test it.

J13, Shaft was a Graphite Design G Series Prototype 9-XX (see G Woodland's WITB) in my Razr Proto and Drivers B/C
[attachment=1960696:photo.JPG]

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1385223398' post='8195398']
[/quote]

[/quote]
There's hype with every driver, no matter who makes it. It really comes to how that driver fits the golfer and how it's been crafted by a fitter/maker and the design. The consensus thus far is that there is a driver for everyone, whether it's a BB or XH2, or driver XYZ. I have A Razr Fit, that bombs it. For me it might be as simple as putting the same shaft in something new. You never know until you take it out and make it work on a course.
[/quote]

I hear what you are saying but this 18 page thread is about the BB and not one photo has been shared. What other driver shares that hype?

[quote name='DeepSixer' timestamp='1385224205' post='8195438']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope that my last comment isn't seen as too negative; the new product is an impressive head and I am greatly looking forward to the opinions of others who have had a chance to test it.

J13, Shaft was a Graphite Design G Series Prototype 9-XX (see G Woodland's WITB) in my Razr Proto and Drivers B/C
[/quote]

That's a sweet shaft right there. Would love to see a pic of the head, never seen one. On a side note Gary Woodland is still playing the RHT not sure if it's a proto or not but he loves it. He did tell me he would love the switch it out for the new stick if the numbers make sense as he loves the look.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1385225072' post='8195500']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I hear what you are saying but this 18 page thread is about the BB and not one photo has been shared. What other driver shares that hype?
[/quote]

A lot of it is nostalgia over the name, not just expectation that it will be best-driver-ever-made.

I sometimes hit my old big Bertha at the range, well, just because :)

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1385225417' post='8195524']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's a sweet shaft right there. Would love to see a pic of the head, never seen one. On a side note Gary Woodland is still playing the RHT not sure if it's a proto or not but he loves it. He did tell me he would love the switch it out for the new stick if the numbers make sense as he loves the look.
[/quote]

Just pinched from google. Very similar to FT Tour apart from the sole plate.

[b]I assume I'm not allowed to post pics yet?[/b]
[/quote]

Did you contractually agree not to post/disclose them? If not, I don't see why you can't post. Obviously, if your rep told you not to, I wouldn't do it, but the 12/2 date is Callaway's date, not everyone elses.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1385234732' post='8196104']
[/quote]

Did you contractually agree not to post/disclose them? If not, I don't see why you can't post. Obviously, if your rep told you not to, I wouldn't do it, but the 12/2 date is Callaway's date, not everyone elses.
[/quote] Personally I wouldn't, you were lucky enough to be privileged to the info I wouldn't undermine Callaways date. In saying that I would love to see the pictures. You just never know who you could get in trouble by posting the pics.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1385236112' post='8196200']
[/quote]

[/quote] Personally I wouldn't, you were lucky enough to be privileged to the info I wouldn't undermine Callaways date. In saying that I would love to see the pictures. You just never know who you could get in trouble by posting the pics.
[/quote]

I kind of agree myself. I would not post them if i knew the person who showed them to me. But he said "allowed", and someone earlier said he wasn't, and I disagreed with that.

Being relatively new to the forum, I just didn't want to commit an early faux pas!
J13 suggested that pics of drivers b and c shouldn't be posted; that said I haven't been explicitly told not to by callaway.
My assumption of not being allowed to post pics was based purely on the 18 pages of discussion without any pics - I'm sure j13 has shots of the new product and hasn't posted them.
I guess in this case it may be better to ask for permission rather than forgiveness!

[quote name='DeepSixer' timestamp='1385237699' post='8196288']
Being relatively new to the forum, I just didn't want to commit an early faux pas!
J13 suggested that pics of drivers b and c shouldn't be posted; that said I haven't been explicitly told not to by callaway.
My assumption of not being allowed to post pics was based purely on the 18 pages of discussion without any pics - I'm sure j13 has shots of the new product and hasn't posted them.
I guess in this case it may be better to ask for permission rather than forgiveness!
[/quote]
Im thinking if Callaway didn't say anything about posting pictures then it's fine. We are just members of a golf forum here, no one has the right to tell you that you can't post pictures.... I say post away, or send me the pictures and I will post them.

TM SLDR 11° Fujikura Fuel 60
TM SLDR 15° MRC Blueboard 73x5ct
9031DF 20°~23° Altus Black Tie, ADDI 105
Cally RAZR X Forged 5-AW, PX flighted
Dynacraft CNC Forged 56°&60°
Scotty Cameron Cali Monterey

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1385236254' post='8196212']
[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1385236112' post='8196200']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I kind of agree myself. I would not post them if i knew the person who showed them to me. But he said "allowed", and someone earlier said he wasn't, and I disagreed with that.
[/quote] Ok yea we're on the same page then. If you got shown by the rep I wouldn't cause either he could get in trouble or he might not show you unreleased stuff anymore which would be brutal

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

[quote name='ZJohnson' timestamp='1384569170' post='8156286']
[quote name='nohny noke' timestamp='1384559220' post='8155470']
[quote name='ZJohnson' timestamp='1384540839' post='8154170']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1384539586' post='8154044']
[quote name='ZJohnson' timestamp='1384538896' post='8153976']
I was sworn to not say a damn word. He wouldn't even let me take a pic of the headcover. Callaway isn't going to be releasing info until January. But I'm guessing once the new year hits the Cally guys will have this in the bag on tour.
[/quote]

Was the headcover sweet looking too?
[/quote]

I thought so. But then again, I have my Iowa State mascot headcover for my driver so I won't be using it.
[/quote]

Sooo I guess since you have Iowa State connections and so do I, you have to tell me everything you know. Confidentially, of course. In return, I will provide you with a slice of Great Plains Pizza.
[/quote]

Casey's Pizza and you have a deal...
[/quote]

best pizza in the world!!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Scratch--it's REALLY good. It and the SLDR are so good. Loft options in SLDR are good to have, especially the 12*. But the BB is spectacular.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1385225072' post='8195500']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Come on Scratch. Everyone has the next great driver available and they defend it. I want a BB. Don't get me wrong, but every year, it happens. And I happily join in!

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Of course you can post whatever you want. Believe me, hearing all these people talk of seeing and HITTING it is pure torture for most of us that haven't. But why risk upsetting Harry? That guy has been nothing short of amazing for this board. I happen to enjoy his random chime ins. Anything that could jeopardize that is not worth it. So again, you can post whatever you want. But please don't.

[quote name='Jackjv21' timestamp='1385257777' post='8197608']
Of course you can post whatever you want. Believe me, hearing all these people talk of seeing and HITTING it is pure torture for most of us that haven't. But why risk upsetting Harry? That guy has been nothing short of amazing for this board. I happen to enjoy his random chime ins. Anything that could jeopardize that is not worth it. So again, you can post whatever you want. But please don't.
[/quote]

Why would it upset Harry? I doubt it was solely his decision to release the info on 12/2, and he certainly isn't responsible for keeping the pics from being posted. Pics come out early all the time. Although no one from callaway is gonna give us anything early, if we get pics from some other source that's not on Harry.

[/quote]

As long as the pics won't be traced back to the person who let you take the pics it's fine to post. Don't want them to get in trouble or fired. As has been mentioned you've signed no contract, you took them so you own the copyright of the pics. They will probably be taken down fairly quickly but those of us lucky enough to be online when you post them will be thankful!

[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1385261602' post='8197840']
Want to see the Bertha? Pull up the new Legacy and imagine Bertha badging and the weight more toward the center.
[/quote]

Weight port by the G in legacy on bottom?

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1385134472' post='8189898']
[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1385110682' post='8188848']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1385085918' post='8187308']
Hey TaylormadeLuv, Callaway showed low and forward works in the Xhot fairway woods with the standing wave tech in the head, specifically the 3 deep, ya know that club he won The Open Championship with.

Oh and BTW the new stick coming out from Callaway will create lower spin, more ball speed, and has higher MOI then the SLDR. Physics at work and even TM can't get around them ;-) Enjoy
[/quote]
You are not necessarily correct in your last statement in total and much less in actual application. You have made almost 100 of the first 400 posts here. Much of this Hype has been produced by 4 or 5 different posters.
We understand that there is a lot of internal excitement about the promise of this club. But it will only work (hopefully?) for those whose game it fits. If it were the "end-all" club, Callaway would not have 5 or 6 drivers for 2014, there would be one!
The true test will come from hitting it and if it is all that is imagined (at least for the better players then we will see it in the bags of Tour players all over the world who don't have other driver contracts instead of the TMs that dominate now.
Then all those crowing now can then have something real to speak of. But until then all of this is random conjecture.
By the way the competition (not just TM) has already seen and tested these to some extent. It is very hard to keep absolute secrets in Carlsbad.
[/quote]

Nothing I said is untrue in fact I"m the only person in this conversation that is giving it to people straight. Your last statement about TM testing this driver is complete nonsense and I know that for a fact. NO ONE in any company has this driver. I have my facts straight, do you?
[/quote]
Corporate espionage is not a stranger in Carlsbad or in China. In one place you have talked about how great this driver performs and the comments of those who have tried it. Now you say "NO ONE in "any" company. . . .? " You can't have it both ways. I referenced "competition (not just TM)" The good news is that when this happens they aren't passing it around as to what they have discovered and seen and you won't see negative publicity from anyone because of it. Afterall they don't want to add to the hype and they don't want their competition to do so to them! I haven't actually seen it or tried it yet but I haven't been in either Carlsbad or China myself recently. I would have been truthful about, if I find it to be as hyped I would have touted it myself.
When you say that you are the only one giving it to people straight, two questions: 1. Does that mean Harry A***** (formerly from TM himself) has not been "straight" in his comments? 2. Are you saying that your comments are totally not flavored by any association?

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='DeepSixer'address?ressstamp='1385227206' post='8195648']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1385225417' post='8195524']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just pinched from google. Very similar to FT

Tour apart from the sole plate.
[/quote]

Do you have a pic from address?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

[quote name='Jackjv21' timestamp='1385263626' post='8197934']
Why would it upset Harry? Probably because if he wanted pics posted he would have leaked them himself. Why hasn't j13 posted any since we know he has them? Because he knows it's not what Cally wants. Just because you have the right, doesn't mean you should.
[/quote]

Harry works for Callaway, he'd be fired if he leaked pics. J13 would have his access cut off if he leaked the pics. For the rest of us, why should we care what callaways launch day is? Wasn't this site founded to get out from under the grip of OEM influence on message boards? This seems so clear to me, golfwrx is about posting pics if people have em and want to post em.