2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Callaway Big Bertha

[quote name='JCA' timestamp='1385130241' post='8189522']
I really don't understand why no leaked pictures from Callaway in terms of marketing and sales. Why wouldn't they want this to go viral and to the masses. Everyday that this doesn't get to the masses is more sales for Taylor Made SLDR. Why wait after black Friday for the unveiling? How many moms, dads and wives will be buying TM SLDR woods thanksgiving weekend because kids or husbands will want one for Christmas because they don't know about the new Big Bertha. I have already been asked 3 times by friends wives what driver is the one their husbands want for Christmas. I think this is a big fail for Callaway marketing and sales. They have shown it to buyers and some even have tested them and have pictures. People on this forum will wait for it to come out and try it before making a decision on which driver they will buy, but the masses will be buying TM SLDR and Jetspeed woods everyday unitl Callaway comes out with the Big Bertha already late for Christmas.
[/quote]

The drivers aren't coming out until February. Why worry about pics now?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='herox1' timestamp='1385113898' post='8188900']
Tried both of the Big bertha drivers. Absolutely awesome. Most of the speculation is true. One driver slightly bigger in head size with sliding weight. And the top driver that is designed with mickleson in mind has the COG adjustability. All topped of with a nice white shaft that mickleson enjoys. Fubuki. Wish I could post pictures but I would get in serious trouble. Hope this helps to clear up some of the crap on here.
[/quote]

Does the Bertha Alpha at least have weight screws so we can change draw/fade bias as well as swing weight? I like the removable center of gravity screw, but if that's all it has, it might be a deal breaker for me....

[quote name='hectorj' timestamp='1385137173' post='8190122']
I really don't understand why no leaked pictures from Callaway in terms of marketing and sales. Why wouldn't they want this to go viral and to the masses. Everyday that this doesn't get to the masses is more sales for Taylor Made SLDR. Why wait after black Friday for the unveiling? How many moms, dads and wives will be buying TM SLDR woods thanksgiving weekend because kids or husbands will want one for Christmas because they don't know about the new Big Bertha. I have already been asked 3 times by friends wives what driver is the one their husbands want for Christmas. I think this is a big fail for Callaway marketing and sales. They have shown it to buyers and some even have tested them and have pictures. People on this forum will wait for it to come out and try it before making a decision on which driver they will buy, but the masses will be buying TM SLDR and Jetspeed woods everyday unitl Callaway comes out with the Big Bertha already late for Christmas.
[/quote]

[/quote]

To build hype with the masses. To make them think twice before they go and buy a new SLDR or Jetspeed wood before February. To let them know that a new product is coming and you should wait for it and not go on thanksgiving weekend to get your kid or yourself a new SLDR or Jetspeed.

I personally think that Callaway drop the ball not having this product available for Christmas or first week of January 2014 or even pre-orders for black Friday. Like I said before, everyday that people doesn't know about your product is another day that people are buying your competition product. I highly doubt that people that buy a new TM SLDR during Christmas are going to switch to a Big Bertha and spend another $400 just 2 or 3 months after getting a SLDR. Heck by February maybe the SLDR is priced down to $350 or even $300 and then you are really in trouble and can kiss your sales forecast goodbye.

[quote name='JCA' timestamp='1385141336' post='8190522']
[/quote]

[/quote]

To build hype with the masses. To make them think twice before they go and buy a new SLDR or Jetspeed wood before February. To let them know that a new product is coming and you should wait for it and not go on thanksgiving weekend to get your kid or yourself a new SLDR or Jetspeed.

I personally think that Callaway drop the ball not having this product available for Christmas or first week of January 2014 or even pre-orders for black Friday. Like I said before, everyday that people doesn't know about your product is another day that people are buying your competition product. I highly doubt that people that buy a new TM SLDR during Christmas are going to switch to a Big Bertha and spend another $400 just 2 or 3 months after getting a SLDR. Heck by February maybe the SLDR is priced down to $350 or even $300 and then you are really in trouble and can kiss your sales forecast goodbye.
[/quote]

I get it, and that sounds logical. the only thing wrong with it is that December is NOT a huge sales month. XMAS is not the buying season. For most retailers, December is at best the 8th busiest month for hardgoods. There is no reason to hurry up and run product out. People aren't buying. Wives don't buy golf clubs for husbands. Husbands buy the clubs. After they've hit them. Not blindly in December. It's a weird thing. I couldn't believe the sales numbers when I went ot work first for an OEM, and then with a colossal national retailer. Makes no sense to release now. Callaway isn't stupid.

I see a lot of TM SLDR's available on BST in February!! ...... CHEAP :D

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Love these posts...I read the first post and quit. Give a guy a club, or let a guy hit it once, and its free marketing for 2 months for Callaway. Amazing... love watching people eat the hype up. Unfortunately real world, there are too many options for Drivers now, this will not nor will a driver ever be as popular as the Big Bertha's of yesteryear.

mark my words... Callaway will release this driver, the hype will last a few weeks, and version B/XYZ will be out a couple months later.

Clearly i am a bit pessimistic when it comes to the golf industry now.

[/quote]

[/quote]

WHAT???? Why worry about the pics? It's golfwrx, that's why. Guys, we know the pics are supposed to come out on 12/2, so it must be our goal to get them before then.

[quote name='hectorj' timestamp='1385141561' post='8190546']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I get it, and that sounds logical. the only thing wrong with it is that December is NOT a huge sales month. XMAS is not the buying season. For most retailers, December is at best the 8th busiest month for hardgoods. There is no reason to hurry up and run product out. People aren't buying. Wives don't buy golf clubs for husbands. Husbands buy the clubs. After they've hit them. Not blindly in December. It's a weird thing. I couldn't believe the sales numbers when I went ot work first for an OEM, and then with a colossal national retailer. Makes no sense to release now. Callaway isn't stupid.
[/quote]

I hear you and I understand your points. I just gave you 3 examples of wives buying clubs for husbands plus there are a lot of dads buying SLDR's for their kids and themselves right now, maybe they are not the majority of consumers but like I said before the SLDR is selling right now and Bertha is not. I see the SLDR more and more every week where I play and you will see it a lot during the winter in places where you can play.

Maybe I should have presented my point this way: For Callaway it should be all about stopping the TM SLDR momentum before it's too late. In February-March when people compare both drivers the Callaway driver better be a LOT better performer than the SLDR for people to spend $400 or $500 on it compared to $350 or even $300 for a SLDR assuming they drop the price like they have done before with other models. Would it be worth it for an average Joe to spend $100 or $200 bucks more for a new Big Bertha compared to a SLDR in February-March? We'll have to wait and see.

In the past all manufacturers would come out with new products in February-March of each year, hence the big sales numbers from March to September. But Taylor Made has changed that and they are coming out with new products all year round. When you want to go after any industry leader you have to make adjustments depending on what they do. I think and this is just my humble opinion that Callaway should have adapted to what TM was doing and they haven't, at least not yet. The Big Bertha launch could have been or maybe it will be a great opportunity for Callaway. That's why I say that the Big Bertha driver better be good and a much better performing driver than the SLDR. We don't know how Taylor Made will react towards the Big Bertha but what if they launch in March a new driver with similar characteristics or performance to the Big Bertha and then you have lost 3 or 4 months of Big Bertha sales and on top of that have cheaper SLDR's selling like crazy.

It sounds like the Big Bertha driver will be a great product and will be very successful but Callaway is risking a lot by not releasing that driver sooner while at the same time letting the TM SLDR dominate whatever amount of sales until then. That's why TM is the industry leader!

[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1385141605' post='8190554']
[/quote] you think they will be cheap get yourself over here you can grab any cally driver for extra nothing and there throwing in hybrids to,wished I had held of getting an extreme

[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Driver Ping G400 10*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Hybrids Ping G30 17* 19*[/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Irons Ping i200 4//PW[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Wedges Ping Glide 50* 54* 60*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Putter Black Series [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Balls Bridgestone B330-RXS[/color][/b][/font]

[quote name='ron lefthanded holmes' timestamp='1385146995' post='8190982']
[/quote] you think they will be cheap get yourself over here you can grab any cally driver for extra nothing and there throwing in hybrids to,wished I had held of getting an extreme
[/quote]

Yes, you are right, but so is Birdie Bob. I am sure come February there will be tons of cheap SLDRs, and later on in the spring tons of cheap new Big Berthas's, then a few months after TMAG releases something new, there'll cheap ones of that, and so on...

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1385147482' post='8191028']
[quote name='ron lefthanded holmes' timestamp='1385146995' post='8190982']
[/quote]

Yes, you are right, but so is Birdie Bob. I am sure come February there will be tons of cheap SLDRs, and later on in the spring tons of cheap new Big Berthas's, then a few months after TMAG releases something new, there'll cheap ones of that, and so on...
[/quote] win win for us all I suppose

[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Driver Ping G400 10*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Hybrids Ping G30 17* 19*[/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Irons Ping i200 4//PW[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Wedges Ping Glide 50* 54* 60*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Putter Black Series [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Balls Bridgestone B330-RXS[/color][/b][/font]

[quote name='JCA' timestamp='1385146143' post='8190918']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hear you and I understand your points. I just gave you 3 examples of wives buying clubs for husbands plus there are a lot of dads buying SLDR's for their kids and themselves right now, maybe they are not the majority of consumers but like I said before the SLDR is selling right now and Bertha is not. I see the SLDR more and more every week where I play and you will see it a lot during the winter in places where you can play.

Maybe I should have presented my point this way: For Callaway it should be all about stopping the TM SLDR momentum before it's too late. In February-March when people compare both drivers the Callaway driver better be a LOT better performer than the SLDR for people to spend $400 or $500 on it compared to $350 or even $300 for a SLDR assuming they drop the price like they have done before with other models. Would it be worth it for an average Joe to spend $100 or $200 bucks more for a new Big Bertha compared to a SLDR in February-March? We'll have to wait and see.

In the past all manufacturers would come out with new products in February-March of each year, hence the big sales numbers from March to September. But Taylor Made has changed that and they are coming out with new products all year round. When you want to go after any industry leader you have to make adjustments depending on what they do. I think and this is just my humble opinion that Callaway should have adapted to what TM was doing and they haven't, at least not yet. The Big Bertha launch could have been or maybe it will be a great opportunity for Callaway. That's why I say that the Big Bertha driver better be good and a much better performing driver than the SLDR. We don't know how Taylor Made will react towards the Big Bertha but what if they launch in March a new driver with similar characteristics or performance to the Big Bertha and then you have lost 3 or 4 months of Big Bertha sales and on top of that have cheaper SLDR's selling like crazy.

It sounds like the Big Bertha driver will be a great product and will be very successful but Callaway is risking a lot by not releasing that driver sooner while at the same time letting the TM SLDR dominate whatever amount of sales until then. That's why TM is the industry leader!
[/quote]

"In the past all manufacturers would come out with new products in February-March of each year, hence the big sales numbers from March to September."

You have the correlation backwards. The reason companies release when they do is because sales happen from March to Labor Day. Not the other way around. Companies used to have early holiday releases. They fail. Always have. It's just fact, no matter what you think, or how small the sample size is that you're using to make your argument. Most of the country won;t play for another 3 months. You think Callaway is going to ask retailers to carry their stuff right now? They are smarter than that. Retailers are very unhappy with TM for the SLDR fwy and rescue release this late. Dust collectors until March. Decades of sales numbers back this up.

[quote name='TaylorMadeLuv' timestamp='1385089745' post='8187748']
[quote name='Dpavs' timestamp='1385088209' post='8187574']
[quote name='TaylorMadeLuv' timestamp='1385085552' post='8187266']
[quote name='Dpavs' timestamp='1385085421' post='8187248']
[quote name='atlambert2' timestamp='1385082857' post='8186986']
[quote name='Dpavs' timestamp='1385067588' post='8185424']
I think this depends on whether it is a design or utility patent to some extent. Obviously the design would be protected under a design patent but the functionality could be re-engineered under a different design without fear of infringement if I am correct. I do not think the concept of movable weights in golf clubs is protected by any utility patent or there would not be so many companies that have them... so that would lead me to believe the patent Callaway has is design patent and the concept of using a movable weight to raise or lower cg could be re-engineered under a different design.

A lot of conjecture above of course :P
[/quote]

Hahah of course you will be sued, but no major OEM would reverse engineer without making changes first to avoid that. Also I was looking at all Cally's patents today, and it is a utility patent (
[center][b]US PAT 8579724)[/b][/center]
. I also got the sense in combing through a bunch of club patents that with some minor tweaks after they reverse engineer it, another OEM could have be granted their own patent by differentiating their claims in a minor way. That was just the sense I got in 30 mins of browsing patents, and again, grain of salt. ORazor would know better than I.
[/quote]

And you received your law degree from where? In any case it is debatable if you would be sued under the scenario I presented. Also the [b]US PAT 8579724[/b] has nothing to do with the BB Alpha design so it's really irrelevant.

But since you brought up that design what we are seeing there is more likely something coming in the next year or two but not now. It will be interesting to see how exactly they implement such a concept.
[/quote]

Alpha will be here by feb.
[/quote]

Yep Alpha will be here by mid Feb, but that patent that is circling around in this thread "[b]US PAT 8579724" [/b]is not the Alpha.... I did hear a rumor as to what it might be but it's pretty premature to talk about it even really. The alpha's design though is nothing like that.
[/quote]

The alpha is the adjustable COG with weight port to adjust in the center of sole...
[/quote]

Good grief, have you gone and looked at the design pictures in that patent application? They are not of the Big Bertha Alpha or the weight port or any other technology being used in the Big Bertha's coming out next year.

[quote name='boxerjoe2011' timestamp='1385140770' post='8190478']
[quote name='herox1' timestamp='1385113898' post='8188900']
Tried both of the Big bertha drivers. Absolutely awesome. Most of the speculation is true. One driver slightly bigger in head size with sliding weight. And the top driver that is designed with mickleson in mind has the COG adjustability. All topped of with a nice white shaft that mickleson enjoys. Fubuki. Wish I could post pictures but I would get in serious trouble. Hope this helps to clear up some of the crap on here.
[/quote]

Does the Bertha Alpha at least have weight screws so we can change draw/fade bias as well as swing weight? I like the removable center of gravity screw, but if that's all it has, it might be a deal breaker for me....
[/quote]

Yes same as the RFE pretty much in that regards

[quote name='hectorj' timestamp='1385148494' post='8191128']
[quote name='JCA' timestamp='1385146143' post='8190918']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"In the past all manufacturers would come out with new products in February-March of each year, hence the big sales numbers from March to September."

You have the correlation backwards. The reason companies release when they do is because sales happen from March to Labor Day. Not the other way around. Companies used to have early holiday releases. They fail. Always have. It's just fact, no matter what you think, or how small the sample size is that you're using to make your argument. Most of the country won;t play for another 3 months. You think Callaway is going to ask retailers to carry their stuff right now? They are smarter than that. Retailers are very unhappy with TM for the SLDR fwy and rescue release this late. Dust collectors until March. Decades of sales numbers back this up.
[/quote]

Let me make this even more clear: Callaway should have come out with the Big Bertha as soon as TM came out with the SLDR. I don't see SLDR DRIVERS as dust collectors right now. I also see TM dominating driver sales as we speak and probably until February-March. I do see current Callaway drivers as dust collectors.

[quote name='Woodridge' timestamp='1385126748' post='8189236']
Soun[quote name='lawsonman' timestamp='1385122475' post='8189042']
[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1385110682' post='8188848']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1385085918' post='8187308']
Hey TaylormadeLuv, Callaway showed low and forward works in the Xhot fairway woods with the standing wave tech in the head, specifically the 3 deep, ya know that club he won The Open Championship with.

Oh and BTW the new stick coming out from Callaway will create lower spin, more ball speed, and has higher MOI then the SLDR. Physics at work and even TM can't get around them ;-) Enjoy
[/quote]
You are not necessarily correct in your last statement in total and much less in actual application. You have made almost 100 of the first 400 posts here. Much of this Hype has been produced by 4 or 5 different posters.
We understand that there is a lot of internal excitement about the promise of this club. But it will only work (hopefully?) for those whose game it fits. If it were the "end-all" club, Callaway would not have 5 or 6 drivers for 2014, there would be one!
The true test will come from hitting it and if it is all that is imagined (at least for the better players then we will see it in the bags of Tour players all over the world who don't have other driver contracts instead of the TMs that dominate now.
Then all those crowing now can then have something real to speak of. But until then all of this is random conjecture.
By the way the competition (not just TM) has already seen and tested these to some extent. It is very hard to keep absolute secrets in Carlsbad.
[/quote]

C'mon Man! You're gonna suck the fun out of this! :D
[/quote]

Sounds like Callaway must have something pretty special coming, doesn't it? Can't wait for the unveiling. Would love to hear more info from Harry or hash tag Chad.
[/quote]

I'll tell you absolutely anything you want to know. Just ask me!

(On 12/2)

-Chad

[quote name='JCA' timestamp='1385149046' post='8191174']

[/quote]

Let me make this even more clear: Callaway should have come out with the Big Bertha as soon as TM came out with the SLDR. I don't see SLDR DRIVERS as dust collectors right now. I also see TM dominating driver sales as we speak and probably until February-March. I do see current Callaway drivers as dust collectors.
[/quote]

Would you rather dominate sales in the golf industry from Nov-Mar or from Mar-Oct? Not saying Callaway will dominate either, but if you had to choose based on sales data, which would you choose?

I think this is the point hectorj is trying to make. You're probably right...the SLDR is probably outselling the fool out of the RFX and XH(P) drivers right now, by a large margin. But again, this goes back to which piece of the year would you rather make most of your sales?

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1385150586' post='8191324']

I think this is the point hectorj is trying to make. You're probably right...the SLDR is probably outselling the fool out of the RFX and XH(P) drivers right now, by a large margin. [b]But again, this goes back to which piece of the year would you rather make most of your sales?[/b]
[/quote]

To answer your question, obviously you would rather sell more Mar-Oct. But, how valuable is the answer to that question really? Isn't the REAL question how many TOTAL sales, whenever they are made? If TMAG sells more than Cally, who cares when they do it? Likewise, if Cally gains ground on TMAG, cuts into their market share etc, who cares when they do it? All I am saying is, there's really no way to judge either of these approaches yet. We will have to let the numbers do the talking.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would you rather dominate sales in the golf industry from Nov-Mar or from Mar-Oct? Not saying Callaway will dominate either, but if you had to choose based on sales data, which would you choose?

I think this is the point hectorj is trying to make. You're probably right...the SLDR is probably outselling the fool out of the RFX and XH(P) drivers right now, by a large margin. But again, this goes back to which piece of the year would you rather make most of your sales?
[/quote]

Every company goal should be to be the industry leader...all year long.

[quote name='JCA' timestamp='1385151217' post='8191366']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No. That is horribly short-sighted. If you have to sell your product to retailers at horrifically low margins to clean up a supply chain, and in turn hurt profitabilty just to satisfy top end revenue--you aren't actually being an "industry leader." I'm going to bet you haven't had the opportunity to peruse many P&L's in your life. Costs are finally under control at Callaway. There is absolutely no need to destroy your profitability by doing stupid things just so a message board horribly out-of-touch with reality will think you're an "industry leader."

[quote name='hectorj' timestamp='1385152897' post='8191482']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No. That is horribly short-sighted. If you have to sell your product to retailers at horrifically low margins to clean up a supply chain, and in turn hurt profitabilty just to satisfy top end revenue--you aren't actually being an "industry leader." I'm going to bet you haven't had the opportunity to peruse many P&L's in your life. Costs are finally under control at Callaway. There is absolutely no need to destroy your profitability by doing stupid things just so a message board horribly out-of-touch with reality will think you're an "industry leader."
[/quote]

So you're ok with your company being in second or third and not worrying about your bottom line, cause I got to tell you the bottom line is all companies really care about....

TM SLDR 11° Fujikura Fuel 60
TM SLDR 15° MRC Blueboard 73x5ct
9031DF 20°~23° Altus Black Tie, ADDI 105
Cally RAZR X Forged 5-AW, PX flighted
Dynacraft CNC Forged 56°&60°
Scotty Cameron Cali Monterey

I love these threads. The bickering along with legit debates is always entertaining.

Also, if you want a SLDR for cheap, just look on the used club section of any golf store. I've seen tons of them that have been traded in. It's not necessarily a knock on how good or bad the driver is. Every driver is going to have a percentage of new sales traded in and whatever is selling the most at the time is going to have the most trade-ins.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1385151169' post='8191364']
I think this is the point hectorj is trying to make. You're probably right...the SLDR is probably outselling the fool out of the RFX and XH(P) drivers right now, by a large margin. [b]But again, this goes back to which piece of the year would you rather make most of your sales?[/b]
[/quote]

To answer your question, obviously you would rather sell more Mar-Oct. But, how valuable is the answer to that question really? Isn't the REAL question how many TOTAL sales, whenever they are made? If TMAG sells more than Cally, who cares when they do it? Likewise, if Cally gains ground on TMAG, cuts into their market share etc, who cares when they do it? All I am saying is, there's really no way to judge either of these approaches yet. We will have to let the numbers do the talking.
[/quote]

Right, I'm with you. I would think the number of total sales would be greater during Mar-Oct, which is why I posed the question. We're basically saying the same thing. :good:

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='kwooten31' timestamp='1385155375' post='8191632']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you're ok with your company being in second or third and not worrying about your bottom line, cause I got to tell you the bottom line is all companies really care about....
[/quote]

Destroying your profitability for top-end revenue is not what ANY company is about. None. This discussion has nothing to do with the BOTTOM line. Again, I'm guessing a P&L is very foreign to you. What Callaway is doing is great for the "bottom line." Seriously, people are arguing that even with decades of real data saying holiday releases are a terrible idea that Callaway is dropping the ball here? Is that what's happening? Am I taking crazy pills?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

First, let me tell you that there is no need here to bet for or against my knowledge of P&L's specially since you don't know me, my education, work experience, previous or current P&L responsibilities and Marketing background or experience. Those types of comments usually come from very insecure people or "know it all" type of people. We can exchange resumes later if you want but that is not important for me at all nor would I make that type of comment towards anybody here.

Having cleared that up lets go to the matter at hand. The reality is that Callaway would want to be the industry leader but at the moment and for many years Taylor Made has been the leader by a long shot. I'm happy that Callaway's costs as you say are "under control" now.

But you said this: [b]"There is absolutely no need to destroy your profitability by doing stupid things just so a message board horribly out-of-touch with reality will think you're an "industry leader."[/b]

Callaway doesn't have to do any of the things we have suggested to them in terms of releasing more Big Bertha info, pictures or even the ability to pre-order it sooner and we are not going to think they are the industry leaders if they do that. Sales and profit numbers at the end of the year will determine who is the industry leader.

[b]If what you have said in this and other posts is accurate then why is Callaway releasing the Apex irons now during the holiday season and have accepted pre-orders for a while, why not wait until February-March like you said they should for every club? Is that a stupid move by Callaway like you claim?[/b]

What I've been asking all this time is: Why they don't release info about the Big Bertha driver and build the hype to the masses and/or allow pre-orders for the driver at this time so they can stop the TM SLDR train? What has Callaway done to stop the TM SLDR sales momentum? Are they going to wait until Febreary-March and risk competing against a probably cheaper SLDR at that time or even worse a new TM driver we haven't heard off yet with similar performance to a Big Bertha.

With intelligent marketing and sales tactics you could keep people focusing on your product and even pre-ordering it instead of just talking about or buying that "cool" driver (TM SLDR) everyone sees on tv and all their buddies are playing at their local course. That's why I ask Callaway what are they going to do about it before it's too late.

[quote name='hectorj' timestamp='1385137109' post='8190114']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1385134472' post='8189898']
[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1385110682' post='8188848']
[quote name='J13' timestamp='1385085918' post='8187308']
Hey TaylormadeLuv, Callaway showed low and forward works in the Xhot fairway woods with the standing wave tech in the head, specifically the 3 deep, ya know that club he won The Open Championship with.

Oh and BTW the new stick coming out from Callaway will create lower spin, more ball speed, and has higher MOI then the SLDR. Physics at work and even TM can't get around them ;-) Enjoy
[/quote]
You are not necessarily correct in your last statement in total and much less in actual application. You have made almost 100 of the first 400 posts here. Much of this Hype has been produced by 4 or 5 different posters.
We understand that there is a lot of internal excitement about the promise of this club. But it will only work (hopefully?) for those whose game it fits. If it were the "end-all" club, Callaway would not have 5 or 6 drivers for 2014, there would be one!
The true test will come from hitting it and if it is all that is imagined (at least for the better players then we will see it in the bags of Tour players all over the world who don't have other driver contracts instead of the TMs that dominate now.
Then all those crowing now can then have something real to speak of. But until then all of this is random conjecture.
By the way the competition (not just TM) has already seen and tested these to some extent. It is very hard to keep absolute secrets in Carlsbad.
[/quote]

Nothing I said is untrue in fact I"m the only person in this conversation that is giving it to people straight. Your last statement about TM testing this driver is complete nonsense and I know that for a fact. NO ONE in any company has this driver. I have my facts straight, do you?
[/quote]

Only one giving it straight? Holy cow. At least we know what your purchase price is. A trip to Vegas.
[/quote]

To insinuate I have a purchase price is insulting. Also people on this board know me do they know who you are behind your screen name?. Come on man did you get caught in your own nonsense? YEP. Also do me a favor, go ahead and show me where I'm NOT giving it straight?

Oh and because I'm one of the few who have hit and seen it tested by PGA TOur players and gotten their responses OFF CAMERA how do you have any authority to even decide what is straight and what isn't?

So can you just stop the BS so other people can get back to topic.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO