2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Callaway Big Bertha

[quote name='kwooten31' timestamp='1385241252' post='8196504']
[quote name='DeepSixer' timestamp='1385237699' post='8196288']
Being relatively new to the forum, I just didn't want to commit an early faux pas!
J13 suggested that pics of drivers b and c shouldn't be posted; that said I haven't been explicitly told not to by callaway.
My assumption of not being allowed to post pics was based purely on the 18 pages of discussion without any pics - I'm sure j13 has shots of the new product and hasn't posted them.
I guess in this case it may be better to ask for permission rather than forgiveness!
[/quote]
Im thinking if Callaway didn't say anything about posting pictures then it's fine. We are just members of a golf forum here, no one has the right to tell you that you can't post pictures.... I say post away, or send me the pictures and I will post them.
[/quote]
I would seriously advise, that anyone who has any photos of these or any other club from any company where there is no allowed use of same, to not post anything at all. If the company elects to trace the origin of this info there could be very serious or criminal repercussions brought about.
So as much as people want to see the pics they realistically won't come out until Callaway allows them to be seen or "leaked" by themselves.
In the past there have been people fired and sued and criminal corporate espionage charges and cases have followed.
OH BY THE WAY: if you have been privy to sign a confidentiality agreement from a golf company, have you actually read what you signed? I have done so from at least 4 companies over the years (including Callaway more than once). You can better believe I would NOT report any of the secrets I have seen or anything about equipment I have tested and reported on for said company to anyone else including family or best friends without that company wanting me to do so.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1385265768' post='8198052']
Being relatively new to the forum, I just didn't want to commit an early faux pas!
J13 suggested that pics of drivers b and c shouldn't be posted; that said I haven't been explicitly told not to by callaway.
My assumption of not being allowed to post pics was based purely on the 18 pages of discussion without any pics - I'm sure j13 has shots of the new product and hasn't posted them.
I guess in this case it may be better to ask for permission rather than forgiveness!
[/quote]
Im thinking if Callaway didn't say anything about posting pictures then it's fine. We are just members of a golf forum here, no one has the right to tell you that you can't post pictures.... I say post away, or send me the pictures and I will post them.
[/quote]
I would seriously advise, that anyone who has any photos of these or any other club from any company where there is no allowed use of same, to not post anything at all. If the company elects to trace the origin of this info there could be very serious or criminal repercussions brought about.
So as much as people want to see the pics they realistically won't come out until Callaway allows them to be seen or "leaked" by themselves.
In the past there have been people fired and sued and criminal corporate espionage charges and cases have followed.
[/quote]

Yeh, but not for posting photos that you take yourself of a club that someone shows you. The dude wasn't told not to distribute the photo. How would the guy even know about the December 2 date if not for this site? Stealing stuff is a different issue, but that's not what is going on here at all, so let's not confuse the two.

Aside from the possibility of prosecution for posting pictures, the Callaway rep. is in real danger of being fired. A select few Callaway reps. have been taking the Big Berthas around to have big retailers club fitters try them out, it is very likely that rep. could lose their job as they are easily traced unless the poster knows what they are doing with photoshop (and I am not talking serial numbers)... The pictures would have to be taken without permission as our rep. would not allow anyones cell phones out and kept headcovers on both models when they weren't being tested..

[quote name='sandy' timestamp='1385266754' post='8198126']
Aside from the possibility of prosecution for posting pictures, the Callaway rep. is in real danger of being fired. A select few Callaway reps. have been taking the Big Berthas around to have big retailers club fitters try them out, it is very likely that rep. could lose their job as they are easily traced unless the poster knows what they are doing with photoshop (and I am not talking serial numbers)... The pictures would have to be taken without permission as our rep. would not allow anyones cell phones out and kept headcovers on both models when they weren't being tested..
[/quote]

In your situation, I would not take or post pictures. We don't know anything about this guy's situation. Maybe he had permission. If someone was just shown a club by someone, took their own pic of it, and then posted it, there is no issue there. There just isn't.

[/quote]
[/quote]
OH BY THE WAY: if you have been privy to sign a confidentiality agreement from a golf company, have you actually read what you signed? I have done so from at least 4 companies over the years (including Callaway more than once). You can better believe I would NOT report any of the secrets I have seen or anything about equipment I have tested and reported on for said company to anyone else including family or best friends without that company wanting me to do so.
[/quote]
Hey, I hear you, but just like others I want to see these new clubs. Honestly I'm not to worried about legal ramifications because I'm not bound by any when it comes to Callaway and I wouldn't be posting anything that is copyright , now it does help that my wife is an attorney so I guess I don't fear the law as much. Of course I would probably run it by the wife since you say there could be some type of criminal offense here, but then again I don't have pictures so I don't have to worry. It boils down to I'm tired of waiting cause the suspense is killing me, so kudos to Callaway for getting me on the hype train. Lol....

TM SLDR 11° Fujikura Fuel 60
TM SLDR 15° MRC Blueboard 73x5ct
9031DF 20°~23° Altus Black Tie, ADDI 105
Cally RAZR X Forged 5-AW, PX flighted
Dynacraft CNC Forged 56°&60°
Scotty Cameron Cali Monterey

[quote name='sandy' timestamp='1385266754' post='8198126']
[/quote]
Correct. The poster could be called to testify as to who provided the clubs that were in the picture. That person could then be held liable per his use.
Now a photo at a tournament wouldn't be prosecuted because they would then be in the public domaine. There fore Spy Pics posted here at events may be "spy pics" here but that likely means "first-looks".

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

Wow 18 pages and no real information at all. let cut it down to one post.

Callaway has new drivers coming out on 12/2.
New COG adjustability;
New Fubuki shaft as stock offering;
Big Bertha name to be used again;
Fairway woods to be released in the BB name also.

Now all we need is some pictures and specs and everyone will be happy.

[size=5][b]Harry - please note that most guys are ok with a $399 price point for a driver but $499 is a bit steep. [/b][/size]
[size=5][b]What 2014 Callaway driver will best suit me,[/b][/size]
[size=5][b]112 mph average swing speed, I make a good strong agressive move at the ball and I am a single digit hcp. I want a driver that will give me the best overall performance not just distance. [/b][/size]
[size=5][b]Also where is the lefty 4 wood? [/b][/size]

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1385265669' post='8198048']
[quote name='Jackjv21' timestamp='1385263626' post='8197934']
Why would it upset Harry? Probably because if he wanted pics posted he would have leaked them himself. Why hasn't j13 posted any since we know he has them? Because he knows it's not what Cally wants. Just because you have the right, doesn't mean you should.
[/quote]

Harry works for Callaway, he'd be fired if he leaked pics. J13 would have his access cut off if he leaked the pics. For the rest of us, why should we care what callaways launch day is? Wasn't this site founded to get out from under the grip of OEM influence on message boards? This seems so clear to me, golfwrx is about posting pics if people have em and want to post em.
[/quote]

You're absolutely right, why should we care? We have the right to post any pic we want. We shouldn't care that Harry and Chad come on here and do something in a way that I for one have never seen before. Who cares. We don't have a contract with Callaway. Who cares if they ever come on here again and give an inside look at their products and inner workings.

I apologize for the sarcasm but maybe we shouldn't post them out of respect for a few guys who do something that they don't really have to do. I respect your opinion and personally I'm dying to see these freakin drivers. But I wouldn't post them. That's my opinion.

Even if the pictures were to come up, I'm sure WRX would take them down, probably before being asked to do so because they know they would be asked. Same thing happened with the '13 XForged irons. Pics came up, then they were taken down by the site when they were asked to do so by Callaway. Someone saw the pictures and actually made them their avatar for a while.

So even if the person posting them decided to do so, I don't think they'd be up for long. WRX has formed many great relationships with the OEMs throughout the years, and I'm sure they don't want to lose the access they have, it's quite valuable to them I'm sure.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='kwooten31' timestamp='1385267953' post='8198208']
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Hey, I hear you, but just like others I want to see these new clubs. Honestly I'm not to worried about legal ramifications because I'm not bound by any when it comes to Callaway and I wouldn't be posting anything that is copyright , now it does help that my wife is an attorney so I guess I don't fear the law as much. Of course I would probably run it by the wife since you say there could be some type of criminal offense here, but then again I don't have pictures so I don't have to worry. It boils down to I'm tired of waiting cause the suspense is killing me, so kudos to Callaway for getting me on the hype train. Lol....
[/quote]
Trust me you don't want to be involved in any way, shape or form. If you took a photo that was published of someone else's photo the company could track you down initially and you would be compelled to give up your source and so on, the tracking would get to the responsible party. The hassle you would go through would would not be worth the early view that you got and you would never want to see or be interested in any thing that would come from that company again, ever! You are not invisable posting on the site at all.

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1385268715' post='8198240']
Even if the pictures were to come up, I'm sure WRX would take them down, probably before being asked to do so because they know they would be asked. Same thing happened with the '13 XForged irons. Pics came up, then they were taken down by the site when they were asked to do so by Callaway. Someone saw the pictures and actually made them their avatar for a while.

So even if the person posting them decided to do so, I don't think they'd be up for long. WRX has formed many great relationships with the OEMs throughout the years, and I'm sure they don't want to lose the access they have, it's quite valuable to them I'm sure.
[/quote]
Exactly! Because the company (in this case Callaway but it would be the same for TM, Acushnet, Ping etc.) If Golfwrx didn't do so they would feel the wrath of the company's PR, Mgmt, attys and so on right away. No one wants that.

Now with that said let's just sit and wait.

In the end the anticipation will not work for all. Because no matter what some people will be "greatly disppointed, others will be thrilled, more will be appeased but wanting for more. It will run the gamete of emotions built up from the extended hype that could cause a backlash.

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1385269475' post='8198282']

[/quote]
Exactly! Because the company (in this case Callaway but it would be the same for TM, Acushnet, Ping etc.) If Golfwrx didn't do so they would feel the wrath of the company's PR, Mgmt, attys and so on right away. No one wants that.
[/quote]

I disagree fundamentally with all of this. None of these sensational outcomes that you keep throwing around would happen. That said, let's move on, I bet they will be posted in a few days, more and more people are seeing them, so I doubt we will have to wait much longer and this will all be moot.

have not seen it or hit it but a retailer told me that it indeed has a weight inside and looks like a pin (for lack of better term). It can be flipped it is heavly weighted on one side to effect launch and spin. According to flightscope up to 800 rpm in some cases?

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

[quote name='Wardonation' timestamp='1385270930' post='8198354']
have not seen it or hit it but a retailer told me that it indeed has a weight inside and looks like a pin (for lack of better term). It can be flipped it is heavly weighted on one side to effect launch and spin. According to flightscope up to 800 rpm in some cases?
[/quote]

Crazy.

[/quote]

And this is why I want to see and try this so bad. I sure hope this club lives up to the hype. Yes I will sell my 2 SLDR's and buy this if indeed all of this is true, and of course fits my swing....

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1385273439' post='8198454']
Why do I need to adjust my spin 800 rpm if my spin is already optimal? Honest question...
[/quote]

I think it is just another way of helping you dial it in easier. If I could bump the spin up 800 rpm's on my Fourteen driver I wouldn't be in the market for one :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1385273439' post='8198454']
Why do I need to adjust my spin 800 rpm if my spin is already optimal? Honest question...
[/quote]
Actually you don't if your launch conditions are also optimal.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1385269885' post='8198302']

[/quote]
[/quote]

I disagree fundamentally with all of this. None of these sensational outcomes that you keep throwing around would happen. That said, let's move on, I bet they will be posted in a few days, more and more people are seeing them, so I doubt we will have to wait much longer and this will all be moot.
[/quote]
Well actually you have it wrong. Fundamentally it is correct. . Practically it may not happen (and hopefully it won't) but it has kind of happened before it just didn't happen with this kind of audience or awareness.
Lets wait for the 2nd or earlier if Callaway decides to sqeeze it out.

[quote name='DeepSixer' timestamp='1385277431' post='8198580']
Sorry guys, will not be able to post the pics until 12/2 in order to protect my rep.
I should have been told not to take or share any pictures.
Callaway will reveal the product on 12/2 themselves.
[/quote]

No problem, I think most understand. I've never been this pumped about a release before, I so hope it's worth the wait!

[quote name='Zuerst' timestamp='1385279142' post='8198616']
Alright. All these speculations, back and forth, legal ramification talks...

Here it is.

Picture of the Callaway Big Bertha Driver

Boom.
[/quote]
You jacka$$, you had me going for a minute.... lol

[quote name='Zuerst' timestamp='1385279142' post='8198616']
Alright. All these speculations, back and forth, legal ramification talks...

Here it is.

Picture of the Callaway Big Bertha Driver:

Boom.
[/quote]

Awesome!!! :) Do you have a pic at address?!

BB Alpha AD-DI 6S
X2 Hot 3 Deep AD-DI 6S
BB 18* Motore Speeder VC7.3 Tour S
Apex 4-PW XP95 Stiff
Odyssey ProType #2
Mack Daddy II 52* S; 58* C
WITB Link

Jeez, everyone needs to calm down. We can wait a few days to see a photo. I doubt there would be any legal ramifications if anyone posted a photo, but settle down. What good is seeing it if we can't test the product for another couple months anyways??? People are worthing themselves up into a froth over nothing.

[/quote]

I just heard the exact thing about the pin yesterday, also that it will be available in a U Design as well. Bye bye extreme, hello BB ;)

U Design.... ?

SWEET!

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

[quote name='nps870' timestamp='1385297390' post='8198824']
[/quote]

I just heard the exact thing about the pin yesterday, also that it will be available in a U Design as well. Bye bye extreme, hello BB ;)
[/quote]

I will buy any driver that will bring my spin numbers down into the 2k's. SLDR has me at 31xx RPMs right now and it's the lowest I've had.

TSR3 8 Tour AD UB 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Tour AD CQ 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

T150 7-GW Steelfiber i110
Vokey SM10 54F/60M Steelfiber i110
Scotty Cameron Timeless TT Circle T

Pro V1

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1385278932' post='8198610']
[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1385269885' post='8198302']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Well actually you have it wrong. Fundamentally it is correct. . Practically it may not happen (and hopefully it won't) but it has kind of happened before it just didn't happen with this kind of audience or awareness.
Lets wait for the 2nd or earlier if Callaway decides to sqeeze it out.
[/quote]

I don't have anything wrong. If you are shown something, you take a photo of it, and you have not contractually agreed to keep quiet, you can post the photo. That's all I am saying. If there are other nefarious things that have gone on to access secret info/photos, you may have a point, but not in the situation of someone taking their own picture. Finally, I absolutely will not wait until cally decides to release it. If there are earlier photos, I will view and discuss them. Other will too I assume.